PDA

View Full Version : (race) Igor (Discworld)

Emperor Demonking
2006-07-30, 09:17 AM
Igor

Igors have been, for as long as can be remembered, servants. Lending their skills to vampires, mad scientist and the like.

Physical Description
Igors have a hunchback making them appear smaller than they truly are. Stitches cover most of their bodies especially where limbs meet. They typically dress in black cloth, though some “rebels” where different clothes.

Names
Male Igors are called Igor and females called Igorina.
·-2 Cha, +2 Int. Igors are smart but are incomfatable to talk to.
·Medium
·30 foot move
·Though sharing the same names, Igors have the supernatural ability to tell which Igor, the name refers.
·+1 to one craft skill.
·+2 heal .
·Even without an arcane class, an Igor can craft alchemical substances
. Male igors have a lisp, females often replicate that.
·Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: All
·Favored Class- Cleric

Igor servant
Igors are often servants, so this prc comes naturally to them. It improves their ability to be useful to their masters.

Requirements:
Skills: Heal 8, one craft skill over five.
Special: Must be an Igor.

d6 HD
Skills per level: 4 + Int
Class skills: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int),Heal (wis) Hide (Dex) Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int),move silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Level Will Reflex Fortitude Bab Special
1 2 2 2 0 Impression aid+1
2 3 3 3 1 Weather check.
3 3 3 3 1 Aid+2 Skilled crafter
4 4 4 4 2 Apears from no where
5 4 4 4 2 Aid+3 Surgery

Impression (ex)
When an Igor servant is with his supposed master, the master gains a +1 bonus to all charisma checks.

Aid (Ex)
The Igor gives +1 more bonus on aid another checks, this number raise every two turns.

Weather check (sp)
An Igor servant can automatically which what weather it will be that day and can tell when the next natural thunderstorm will be.

Skilled crafter (ex)
A third level Igor servant gains +2 on all craft checks.

Apears from nowhere (Ex)
An Igor servant gain +3 on hide and move silently skill checks.

Surgery (Ex)

An Igor servant can do a 20 heal check to change one of his body parts or a 15 heal to do the same to another Igor.
The Igor takes the old owner of the new body parts ability bonus (If higher), rather than her own.

Eyes control

Appraise
Spot
Search

Hands control

Use rope
Sleight of hand
Open lock
Disable device
Craft

Ears control

Listen

Legs control

Balance
Jump
Move silently

Are they balanced?

martyboy74
2006-07-30, 03:31 PM
A bonus to a mental score and 30' speed at any load? No. LA of +1 at least.

Yossarian
2006-07-30, 03:43 PM
Not at all. They might be powerful for an LA +0 race, but they don't even touch LA +1 territory, not remotely.

Emperor Demonking
2006-07-31, 06:45 AM
I've changed the movement now.

Artisan
2006-07-31, 06:50 AM
What, Igors have -2 Cha?! In the Fifth Elephant they always get the most gorgeous girls!

Emperor Demonking
2006-07-31, 07:23 AM
Igor hand of love

An Igor hand of love is a hand from an Igor with exceptional charisma. It is passed on from Igor to Igor with its special ability of charming certain creatures.
To use an Igor hand of love the user must go through surgery (as the Igor servant ability) and it takes up one hand.
It has a constant charm effect on the creature specified. The specification must be the creature, a rough age and gender. An example would be a young female human.
Price: 1,000

Extra thumb.

An extra thumb is exactly as it says. When attached the owner gains a bonus to a craft skill, heal or disable device.
To use an Igor hand of love the user must go through surgery (as the Igor servant ability.)
The user gains a +1 bonus to Any craft skill, heal or disable device.
Price:200

Hair formula

When in the hair formula, hair continues to grow even when chopped on and can be put back on.
Hair formula takes a dc 18, craft alchemic check per jar.
When hair is in a jar of hair formula, the hair continues to grow as if it was on a living head. It can be put back on with a dc 16 heal check.
Price: 10 gp

DMgrinder
2006-07-31, 09:40 AM
I love 'em. ;D

"Igor!"
"Yes, master?"

I don't know much about frankenstein, but igor didn't seem that smart. Maybe a str bonus?

Azrael
2006-07-31, 10:46 AM
Not Frankenstein type Igor. Discworld type Igor. Completely different.

ghost_warlock
2006-07-31, 12:36 PM
Igors rock! Yesssh!

Dudukain
2006-07-31, 12:49 PM
Why isn't it froderick?

Jarl
2006-07-31, 08:40 PM
A female Igor is an Igorina.

-I love that line about the Igor Organ Donor Program: "What goes around comes around, and sometimes, it stops."

alec
2006-08-01, 05:38 AM
There isn't actually an Igor in "Frankenstein". I don't remember one in Dracula either, which raises the question of where the heck they came from.
On topic, I really like this take on Igors. It really captures the spirit of the books. But you should put in there that all Igors have a lisp, just in case.

Artisan
2006-08-01, 06:01 AM
Acutally the character we kow as Igor was started by one of the first films of Frankenstein - he was born amovie star, baby!

MagFlare
2006-08-01, 06:52 AM
Igor hand of love

An Igor hand of love is a hand from an Igor with exceptional charisma. It is passed on from Igor to Igor with its special ability of charming certain creatures.
To use an Igor hand of love the user must go through surgery (as the Igor servant ability) and it takes up one hand.
It has a constant charm effect on the creature specified. The specification must be the creature, a rough age and gender. An example would be a young female human.
Price: ?

Somehow, I doubt Pratchett was trying to imply that an Igor's ability to attract the ladies has anything to do with the sort of hand he's attached to himself. ;)

Malik
2006-08-02, 09:24 AM
I think that thith ith a very good race.

bosssmiley
2006-08-02, 06:35 PM
I think you forgot their innate ability to move silently to wherever they are needed. A racial bonus to MS checks should cover that though.

I'd also argue for a bonus to Will saves against fear effects (these guys have seen it all), but that's definitely push them into LA+1 territory.