PDA

View Full Version : Character Builder questions

CheshireCatAW
2009-05-21, 08:32 PM
I love the character builder that 4th Edition has. It makes gaming so much easier to have a single place to go to wherewhich to make your character from all the disparate options. Does anyone know of one for 3.5 ed? Additionally, is there a way to add your own homebrew stuff to the 4e Character Builder, such as new homelands from the Forgotten Realms or a new base class?

Thank you in advance

Keld Denar
2009-05-21, 08:38 PM
Hero Forge is a pretty useful 3.5 utility. IIRC, its free too, and easy to write in non-core material to customize your character as needed.

CheshireCatAW
2009-05-21, 08:54 PM
That sounds like what I'm looking for precisely. Now, just one more question, where do I download it from? I'm assuming the website is http://www.heroforgesoftware.com/ but I cannot find a link that will allow me to download it from there.

Colmarr
2009-05-21, 09:30 PM
Additionally, is there a way to add your own homebrew stuff to the 4e Character Builder, such as new homelands from the Forgotten Realms or a new base class?

Most of the pages in the builder have a small yellow house icon in the upper right corner (IIRC, the house is marked with the letter H).

If you click on that house, a drop down menu will appear, one item on which is called something like "Add custom element".

That's how you add homebrew stuff to the builder.

CheshireCatAW
2009-05-22, 10:25 AM
Excellent, thank you very much. You assistance is much appreciated.