PDA

View Full Version : Alchemists III - The Recruitment Thread

Haruki-kun
2009-05-22, 01:12 AM
Alchemists III
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/7sins.png

Narrators: Haruki-kun, Skippy
Basic Werewolf Rules for Beginners:
Werewolf Games, commonly abbreviated as WW, are strategy games, where the players have to lie, trick, deceive and backstab as much as they possibly can.

The basic procedure is like this: Werewolf players are given a role via Private Message. This role is secret and is only known to the player and the narrators. The premise is to keep that role secret from the rest of the players.

There are two basic teams: The Wolves and the Villagers. The Villagers have as their winning condition to find out who among them are Wolves. Since everyone's role is a secret, it takes a while of guesswork and strategy to manage this. The Wolves, on the other hand, have as their goal to hide among the Villagers and make the villagers suspect each other while surviving until they eliminate enough villagers so that the villager number equals their own.

The game is divided in two Phases: The Day Phase and the Night Phase. During the Day Phase, everyone, Wolves and Villagers alike, Point at someone to vote on who is going to be lynched that day. As a general rule, this is done by writing the person's name in red text. The player with the most votes will be lynched, that is to say eliminated from the game. Day Phases generally last 48 hours.

The Night Phase is for stuff that happens under the table. Some people have roles other than simple "Villager" and "Wolf". I'll get to them in a moment. People with these special roles usually have "night actions" that require targeting a certain player. This is done by PM'ing the narrator with the action. During the Night Phase, the wolves send in an action to kill one player of their choice. The Player's death is announced at the end of a Night Phase, and then the Next Day Phase starts. Night Phases generally last 24 hours.

On Power Roles: As mentioned before there are several Roles. "Wolf" and "Villager" are the most basic of roles, but games usually include more. The basic power roles are:
A Seer, who sends in an action every night to the narrator to "scry" another player, one per night. The narrator will tell the Seer what role that player has.
A Baner, who protects one person from being killed each night.
A Fool, who is told he is the Seer, but actually gets results for scries at Random.
A Devil, who is the Seer for the Wolf Team.
The Masons who are a group of Villagers who start off knowing each other's roles. (They're all working together.)

Those are the rules of the Classic Werewolf game. Usually, however, games have several variations and other roles. The special roles and variations for this game are defined below in the Roles section.

In another note: Players must vote, they cannot abstain. If a player fails to vote for two days in a row, he or she will be automatically disqualified, known as an Auto-lynch.

When a player is lynched, Killed, or Auto'd, his death is announced, he is removed, and his role is made public. While players are allowed (and encouraged) to communicate with each other outside the main thread by PM or IM, Dead Players cannot be contacted and cannot attempt to influence the game in any way.

On cheating:
Different narrators have different definitions of what constitutes as cheating in their games. However, there are some actions that are considered cheating by most rules and shoud be avoided.
A) Requesting or bullying other players into forwarding the PM with their role from the narrators. After long discussion in WW Central, the general concensus was that this is considered cheating.
B) Likewise, using your role PM as proof of your identity. Your Role PM serves for one purpose only: to tell you your role. Not to tell it to everyone else.
C) Attempting to help your team after dying. Within the universe of the game, dead players are DEAD. Dead men tell no tales. Eliminated players who attempt to provide information or to influence the voting or night actions in the game are cheating.
D) Attempting to extract information from dead players. Just as dead players cannot interfere with the game, living players cannot try to use them to obtain data, e.g., "Hey, you were the seer, right? Can you tell me who was scried?" or "You were a mason, weren't you? Can you get me in contact with the others?".

That explains the basics of Werewolf Games. I hope you enjoy this game!

The Rules

NARRATOR'S NOTE: The Rules are finished. However, if we decide on any changes, we will let you know.

Roles:
Homunculus Team:
Notice: In this game, Homunculi start the game knowing each other. This game is no longer blind. Also, Unlike past games, Homunculi can no longer replace themselves.

Pride (Alpha): The leader of the Homunculi. As long as he is still alive, Homunculi may kill one person every night. If he dies, this will be reduced to one night kill every second night. Scries as villager.

Envy (Devil): Envy has the ability to shape-shift and spy on any person to find out their true identity. Once per night, he can scry any person in the game.

Lust (No ability): Lust serves for the purpose of fulfilling Gluttony’s role. As long as she is alive, Gluttony may still use his abilities (See Gluttony).

Wrath (Voider): Has the ability to nullify any Target’s day or night action.

Greed (Beast): Upon being killed or lynched, Greed may select one player to bring down. This player will be killed, as well.

Sloth (Illusionist): The liquid Homunculus. Has the ability to make any character appear as anything else if scried during the night the role is used. This can be used to make Homunculi appear Alchemists or to make Alchemists appear Homunculi.

Gluttony: As long as Lust is alive, Gluttony has the ability to eat the lynched person every second day if he so desires, thus denying the villagers from being told his/her identity. Note: This action will not be executed automatically. Gluttony must notify the narrators of his decision to use the ability before the actual end of the day.

The Alchemists:
Alchemists (Villagers): They have no special powers. They win if all the Homunculi die. Scry as Alchemist.

Colonel Roy Mustang: Alpha Mason.

Military officials: Masons.

Major Alex Louis Armstrong (Baner): The bodyguard. Every night, he selects another player to protect. That player cannot be killed that night.

Private Sheska (Seer): The Librarian. Using her extreme scientific knowledge, she is able to see who people really are, being able to Scry once per night. However, her scries will only return “Alchemist” or “Homunculus”, not exact roles.

Lt. Colonel Maes Hughes: One of the best military officers there is. Hughes has an ability that protects him from being killed once.

Hikari no Hohenheim (Day Baner): Has the ability to protect one target from being lynched during the day following the night the action is used. Since there is no night prior to day one, this ability will not work during the first day of the game.

Lujon (Fool): An Alchemist who had a relationship with Lust in the past. Though he is skilled, he is blinded by that past, and does not see anything as it is.

First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye (Sniper): Hawkeye, one of the top military officers. She may attempt to execute a personal kill once every second night with a 50% chance of success.

Barry the Chopper (Vengative Spirit): His spirit returns to kill one person after being Lynched. This does not work if he is killed at night.

Scar (Transmuter): The only Ishbalian left. He hates Alchemists and has sworn to destroy them, yet he knows the Homunculi to be a greater evil. He is willing to work with the Alchemists, but he cannot promise not to ever harm them. Once per night, Scar may select another player and have a random effect happen on that player. Effects will vary.

On Auto-lynching:
When a player does not vote for lynching another player for two days in a row, the player is auto-lynched. That is, killed. Please, save us any confusion and write your votes in red text. Also, please avoid using Red Text for anything other than voting.

Please, for sanity’s sake, do not point at yourself or at the Narrators. Such actions will not save you from being auto-lynched. Also, don't point at "TPAM" or "The next person who posts". If you're voting for the person above you, kindly write in that person's name. Votes for "The next poster" will be invalid.

If for some reason you cannot vote, computer problems, too much work, etc., try to PM Skippy or me. I’m sure we can arrange something.

Helgraf’s Scry Interference Rule: Active
If two people with the scry ability, Lujon included, attempt to scry the same person on the same night, the scry will result in a failure, as the scries interfere with each other. All parties are informed of the failure and told why they failed, but they’re not told who the other parties were.

Players (40/40):
onasuma
Lord Iames Osari
deathslayer7
Reinholdt
Kyouhen
Jontom Xire
MOD
billtodamax
Helgraf
happyturtle
Shadowcaller
Banjo1985
Recaiden
Murska
Thufir
Fleeing Coward
The Phantom
Mustiado
The Bookworm
Malmagor Andrigal
Istari
pondshadow
Catseye2121
dragonprime
The Bushranger
RedscholarGypsy
Talic
Aemoh
lamech
Uncle Festy
Night Surgeon
Lex-Kat
evnafets
Dirk Kris
Selrahc
PirateMonk
Trixie
Hyozo
Lucky
Fostire

As of: Post number 56
(If you posted before this post number and your name is not on the list, let me know either here or via PM.)

Game begins June First!

Deathslayer7
2009-05-22, 01:19 AM
signs up you spot stealing devil.

*shakes fist*

Reinholdt
2009-05-22, 01:43 AM
In with skim milk.
Non-chocolate skim milk.

Kyouhen
2009-05-22, 01:49 AM
Non-chocolate skim milk? BLASPHEMY!

*In to avenge the blasphemy*

Jontom Xire
2009-05-22, 01:57 AM
In.
space filler.

MOD
2009-05-22, 02:16 AM
I'm In! Go go post!

billtodamax
2009-05-22, 02:20 AM
Cat.
Wait, I was probably supposed to type "In" there, wasn't I. Ah well, in with cat!

Helgraf
2009-05-22, 02:33 AM
I'm in.
Yes. I am.

happyturtle
2009-05-22, 03:21 AM
In explosive runes

Shadowcaller
2009-05-22, 03:22 AM
In of course.

banjo1985
2009-05-22, 03:44 AM
Oh....oh my...

How could I possibly say no to this?

In :smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-05-22, 06:44 AM
Definitely not like this: "IN"!

Murska
2009-05-22, 06:57 AM
In and countering Happyturtle's explosive runes with my predicting they're there and not highlighting it.

happyturtle
2009-05-22, 06:58 AM
In that case

*stab*

Thufir
2009-05-22, 07:06 AM
In. *Transmutes white space into filler text.*

Fleeing Coward
2009-05-22, 08:35 AM
Count me in.

Skippy
2009-05-22, 09:17 AM
In, as conarrator :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2009-05-22, 11:18 AM
Sure, I'll be in.

Mustiado
2009-05-22, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I'm in. nnnnn....

The Bookworm
2009-05-22, 03:05 PM
Indeed, I am in.
But how do you make red text? Or white text?

Madmal
2009-05-22, 03:23 PM
yes, i am in.

there's tool to change your text colour when you reply, but you can also use this:

(COLOR="Red")example(/COLOR)

but exchanging "()" with "[]"

Istari
2009-05-22, 04:14 PM
I need in *begs* :smalltongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2009-05-22, 04:43 PM
In the "Scry Interference" spoiler, you misspelled "Lujon" as "Lujor".

Also, I'm concerned that the balance may be weighted in favor of the Homunculi this time around. I know you wanted to avoid the same situation as II (which I gleefully broke into tiny peices :smallbiggrin::smallamused::smalltongue:), but I think you may have gone a bit too far in the other direction.

pondshadow
2009-05-22, 04:58 PM
I'll be in this one

TFT
2009-05-22, 08:19 PM
i'm in(hopefully)
for sure.

DraPrime
2009-05-22, 09:06 PM
Sign me up.

The Bushranger
2009-05-22, 09:28 PM
In!!!
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

Recaiden
2009-05-22, 09:51 PM
Which of the alchemists know each other?

RedScholarGypsy
2009-05-22, 09:59 PM
The Gypsy Alchemist reporting for duty!

In :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2009-05-22, 11:19 PM
Which of the alchemists know each other?

Only Mustang and the Military officials.

Talic
2009-05-23, 05:48 AM
Volunteer!

Recaiden
2009-05-23, 08:09 AM
Only Mustang and the Military officials.

Who are the Military officials?

Aemoh
2009-05-23, 08:52 AM
In, so very very back IN :smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-05-23, 10:18 AM
hey... wait a tick, I have a month before narrating my game. That gives me plenty of time to get killed. In.

Haruki-kun
2009-05-23, 11:26 AM
Who are the Military officials?

The Masons, of course.

Recaiden
2009-05-23, 11:29 AM
The Masons, of course.

So none of the following people are known to the masons?

Major Alex Louis Armstrong (Baner)
Private Sheska (Seer)
Lt. Colonel Maes Hughes
Hikari no Hohenheim (Day Baner)
Lujon (Fool)
First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye (Sniper)
Barry the Chopper (Vengative Spirit)
Scar (Transmuter)

Haruki-kun
2009-05-23, 11:35 AM
So none of the following people are known to the masons?

Major Alex Louis Armstrong (Baner)
Private Sheska (Seer)
Lt. Colonel Maes Hughes
Hikari no Hohenheim (Day Baner)
Lujon (Fool)
First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye (Sniper)
Barry the Chopper (Vengative Spirit)
Scar (Transmuter)

No, that would be a humongous game-breaker.

Uncle Festy
2009-05-23, 09:03 PM
explosive runes

OW!
In for VENGEANCE! *shakes fist*

Fan
2009-05-23, 09:13 PM
In, with CHAIN SAWS! :begins juggling chain saws:

Lex-Kat
2009-05-23, 09:57 PM
In, because of lack of games I'm in.

evnafets
2009-05-24, 04:59 PM
Lets see... one dollop of free time, two parts roleplaying, a narrator PM message and just... a... pinch... of... spreadsheet analysis

IN!

Haruki-kun
2009-05-25, 12:23 AM
Attention, Duelists!

The rules have been updated and will most likely stay as they are. If we make any further changes, we will post letting you know.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-05-25, 12:35 AM
Your hair has changed the rules?

Haruki-kun
2009-05-25, 12:47 AM
Your hair has changed the rules?

Indeed. And now time for a little FAN SERVICE:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/FANSERVICE.jpg

billtodamax
2009-05-25, 12:49 AM

That made me lol.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-25, 12:53 AM
That's my fan!! When did this happen? :eek:

Skippy
2009-05-25, 01:09 AM

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/harrowlawl/Arguecat-1.png

Murska
2009-05-25, 06:44 AM
Screw the rules, I have a green eye!

Oh... that doesn't work? Darn.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-25, 06:52 AM
Count me in - I hear the Alchemists games are tons o' fun!

Selrahc
2009-05-25, 07:07 AM
I'll join up.

Uncle Festy
2009-05-25, 09:47 AM

*cracks up* :smallbiggrin:

PirateMonk
2009-05-25, 10:36 AM
I'll join.

Trixie
2009-05-25, 04:41 PM
In :smallsmile:

Hyozo
2009-05-25, 05:16 PM
Can I join?

Lucky
2009-05-25, 06:26 PM
Pick me! Pick me!

Fostire
2009-05-26, 11:31 AM
In
Invisible letters are here

Haruki-kun
2009-05-27, 02:28 PM
Game will begin on Monday, June First. In the meantime, You can still sign up for Auto-lynch replacements.

PirateMonk
2009-05-27, 03:26 PM
What makes Gluttony's ability so powerful?

Talic
2009-05-27, 04:23 PM
Information Denial is powerful against Villagers. It prevents the villagers from getting a complete picture on the votes, and instead have to try to figure out why Gluttony didn't want them to know the identity of the eaten.

Skippy
2009-05-27, 04:50 PM
Information Denial is powerful against Villagers. It prevents the villagers from getting a complete picture on the votes, and instead have to try to figure out why Gluttony didn't want them to know the identity of the eaten.

Fifteen fictional points for Talic. You can go to the Internets to get your prize next Monday.

Talic
2009-05-27, 04:59 PM
To add another layer... If he could have used it, and didn't...

Then why DID he want the villagers to know?

Thufir
2009-05-27, 05:27 PM
Hmm... question: Can Gluttony eat Lust when she gets lynched? Obviously, once she's dead, he no longer has that ability, but on the day she gets lynched she's still alive until the end of it, so...?

Haruki-kun
2009-05-27, 11:12 PM
No, he can't. Think about it like this: Gluttony eats X after X is lynched. If Gluttony tries to eat Lust, Lust would be dead by then.

And more importantly: Gluttony eating Lust.... would be seriously messed up. <.<

Thufir
2009-05-28, 04:38 PM
Oh, I realised it made no sense in logic or character terms, but rules don't have to make sense, so I though it best to check.

Skippy
2009-06-01, 12:26 AM
So, the time has finally come! Alchemists III is about to start! Throughout the day we'll start handling roles and have the game thread going. So get ready, everyone!

Skippy
2009-06-01, 01:09 AM
And the PMs have been sent! If anyone didn't receive their PM, please do tell us before the massacre game begins!

Lex-Kat
2009-06-01, 01:29 AM
Will we be using this thread, or a new one?

Haruki-kun
2009-06-01, 01:47 AM
Will we be using this thread, or a new one?

A new one. It will be up tomorrow.

Istari
2009-06-02, 07:46 PM
Impatiently waits for the thread to be approved

RedScholarGypsy
2009-06-02, 07:53 PM
How do you get thread approval? I'm going to do my own in a few months once I die in a few of my games, so can anyone give me a run through?

evnafets
2009-06-02, 08:33 PM
Any time you make a post in this forum, it doesn't appear immediately, but goes on the moderator's "to be approved" list. At some point Alarra comes along and approves it to appear to the general public. She's pretty good about that.

There was a recent thread about it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6170873&postcount=21)

Haruki-kun
2009-06-02, 09:59 PM
Actually, it hadn't been approved because it hadn't been submitted yet... I apologize for this. I just submitted the thread and it should be up in a short time.

Sorry for the delay.

Haruki-kun
2009-06-03, 01:01 PM
Thread is up right here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113454)