PDA

View Full Version : Epic Teleport Vs Cloister

Simanos
2009-05-22, 07:57 AM
We have seen Epic Teleport do some imba stuff.
Do you think it could have still pierced Cloister if V brought some friends with him? Like the rest of the OotS party members? Or some powerful summoned monsters of his?

Ancalagon
2009-05-22, 08:01 AM
It is driven by the Power of Plot, so the answer is obvious: Maybe.

factotum
2009-05-22, 12:34 PM
Possibly, but since V would never have brought anyone else along anyway (it would be admitting that his ultimate arcane might couldn't solve every problem, something he'd never do) it's a moot point.

Linkavitch
2009-05-22, 12:35 PM
It is driven by the Power of Plot, so the answer is obvious: Maybe.

It's always a definite maybe.

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-22, 12:36 PM
I assumed it would be able to take summoned creatures along due to how the spell was able to get V throught it and it's capable of teleporting thousands of people (I'm assuming Epic Teleport affects all of the targets identically regardless of who cast it).

Simanos
2009-05-23, 09:12 AM
Possibly, but since V would never have brought anyone else along anyway (it would be admitting that his ultimate arcane might couldn't solve every problem, something he'd never do) it's a moot point.
I'm pretty sure V was planning to bring the OotS party with him, to watch him beat Xykon (Belkarism?) if nothing else, but the delay of resurrecting Roy made him say "frack it, I'm going alone".
Still summoning a couple of allies (he has so many spell slots) would only take a few rounds and he should have done it.
I agree with Tempest Fennac on how the rules would work.

Hague
2009-05-23, 09:26 AM
Yeah, V would have been quite a bit less out-matched if e had summoned some allies to help her. Very hard to make a concentration check when you've got 1d4 babau ripping you to pieces.

Badgercloak
2009-05-23, 10:34 AM
He might of been able to but being able to say "I defeated Xykon with my Ultimate Arcane Power and you guys weren't needed" seems to be what evil V would've thought.

Simanos
2009-05-23, 12:23 PM
He might of been able to but being able to say "I defeated Xykon with my Ultimate Arcane Power and you guys weren't needed" seems to be what evil V would've thought.
I hate it when people write "might of been" instead of "might have been".
That said your argument doesn't go against the Monster Summoning since that's also from V's arcane power.

theinsulabot
2009-05-23, 05:07 PM
I hate it when people write "might of been" instead of "might have been".
That said your argument doesn't go against the Monster Summoning since that's also from V's arcane power.

he might of just been in a hurry when he was typing it out

Simanos
2009-05-24, 09:51 AM
he might of just been in a hurry when he was typing it out
LOL nice one my friend :smalltongue: