PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so the footprints are watching me now...

Saintheart
2009-05-22, 09:38 AM
Bear with me, just for a moment. And yes, I'm new here, though I've been lurking a while.

The footprints at the top of the forum page are watching me.
And you.
Yeah, you too.

It might just be the late hour at which I'm posting, but at various moments I keep thinking I'm seeing Roy's face in the footprints. Very odd.

And when it's not Roy's face, it's the face of the Comedian's badge from Watchmen.

...Am I alone in this strange paranoia? :smalleek:

Lord Herman
2009-05-22, 09:46 AM

You're right! They are watching us! :smalleek:

Quick, where's the tinfoil? I need to make me a hat!

banjo1985
2009-05-22, 09:47 AM
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...

:smallamused:

chiasaur11
2009-05-22, 09:49 AM

You're right! They are watching us! :smalleek:

Don't bother.

For non Cthulhoid mind control, that sort of thing just amplifies the effect.

RS14
2009-05-22, 09:49 AM
If you are using Firefox, you can install Adblock Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865) and block the footprint images. Right click on each and add http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Icon_News.gif, http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Top_Footsteps.gif, http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Header_Forum.gif, and http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Top_GITP.gif to your blocking rules. The easiest way will be right clicking on each of the four images at the top.

Starscream
2009-05-22, 10:17 AM
Use Adblock against a footprint logo? Seriously? To quote Scott Adams, that's like sandblasting a soup cracker.

Dogmantra
2009-05-22, 11:53 AM

To quote someone's sig:
"I've got my tinfoil hat on, hip hip hip hooray! My tinfoil hat will shield me from your mind controlling ray!"

I have seen Roy's face (sometimes with attatched body) in the circled footprint, but I'm not scared.

reorith
2009-05-22, 11:56 AM
Use Adblock against a footprint logo? Seriously? To quote Scott Adams, that's like sandblasting a soup cracker.

uhhh have you ever actually sandblasted a soup cracker? it feels fantastic

Groundhog
2009-05-22, 11:58 AM

To quote Schlock Mercenary: There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "time to reload."

Mando Knight
2009-05-22, 12:03 PM
To quote Schlock Mercenary: There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "time to reload."

Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get a good plasgun? I'm looking at something I can use to clear out the insects in my yard. :smalltongue:

Fri
2009-05-22, 12:13 PM
Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get a good plasgun? I'm looking at something I can use to clear out the insects in my yard. :smalltongue:

nah, you use napalm for insect. Gotta use the right tool for the right job, you know?

reorith
2009-05-22, 12:33 PM

i have a phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range.

Starscream
2009-05-22, 02:45 PM
uhhh have you ever actually sandblasted a soup cracker?

Once, but you must never ask why. Not until the statute of limitations runs out.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-22, 07:38 PM
And when it's not Roy's face, it's the face of the Comedian's badge from Watchmen.

What, don't be ridiculous. Roy's facial structure looks nothing like that. It's clearly Belkar's face.

Rutskarn
2009-05-22, 08:26 PM
Bear with me, just for a moment. And yes, I'm new here, though I've been lurking a while.

The footprints at the top of the forum page are watching me.
And you.
Yeah, you too.

It might just be the late hour at which I'm posting, but at various moments I keep thinking I'm seeing Roy's face in the footprints. Very odd.

...Am I alone in this strange paranoia? :smalleek:

Drugs ruin lives, Saintheart.

Coidzor
2009-05-22, 09:08 PM
His name is Footsie. And he likes potato chips. And Vegeta.

Haven
2009-05-22, 11:36 PM
Don't be ridiculous, feet can't watch you.

...unless they're Toph's.

...:smalleek:

Collin152
2009-05-22, 11:55 PM
Oh, so you've noticed?
Yeah, I told them to do that some time ago. You can never do too much spying, you know?

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-23, 12:40 AM
Um...
Drugs are bad?:smallconfused:

SoD
2009-05-23, 01:13 AM
What, don't be ridiculous. Roy's facial structure looks nothing like that. It's clearly Belkar's face.

...is that meant to be comforting? If it's Roy watching us, then the reason is he's making sure we don't get into trouble. If it's Belkar...we don't have long to live.

Crispy Dave
2009-05-23, 04:31 AM
uhhh have you ever actually sandblasted a soup cracker? it feels fantastic

twice in a row at the same time

Coidzor
2009-05-23, 04:37 AM
Well, whoever s/he is, they're obviously quite bored of all of us surfing the forums without any pants on. Perhaps if we all agreed to time putting on pants together, the facial expresion might change?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-23, 04:45 AM
But I liked surfing topless!

Kaelaroth
2009-05-23, 06:59 AM

*hisses*
My tinfoil hat! Miiine!

Dr. Bath
2009-05-23, 07:10 AM
The footprint does change into other things depending on where on the site you are (the comics section has Roy in the footprints' stead).

So you're not actually that crazy! Probably! Unless you're not telling us something.

Another case solved but Sherlock Bath.

Madmal
2009-05-23, 09:49 AM
Nonsense! This is the work of the Yozis.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-23, 09:54 AM
Nonsense! This is the work of the Yozis.

No, it's all a ploy by Saturn to conquer Sol Invictus.

Flame of Anor
2009-05-23, 10:24 AM

Rule 11: Everything can be airdropped at least once.

Occasional Sage
2009-05-23, 01:00 PM
Once, but you must never ask why. Not until the statute of limitations runs out.

There's interesting speculation to be done, starting from the answer to: When is it safe to ask?