PDA

View Full Version : Ship stats?

Choco
2009-05-22, 10:23 AM
The arms and armor book has stats on various ships that were common during the medieval times, which is cool, but I am looking for something like those gigantic galleons used during the Renaissance, cannons and all.

Any idea where I can find stats on those? Or is this just a matter of having to create my own?

Epinephrine
2009-05-22, 10:38 AM
Stormwrack has a variety of ships in it, up to some pretty large 4 mast ships capable of carrying 500 medium humanoids.

overduegalaxy
2009-05-22, 10:41 AM
Without checking it myself, Stormwrack is probably a good bet.

Danin
2009-05-22, 10:41 AM
I was beaten to it, but I second Stormwrack. Solid book has exactly what you are looking for.

Bulwer
2009-05-22, 10:44 AM
Vun, two, three! Three posts recommending Stormwrack!

[/countFromSesameStreet]

Choco
2009-05-22, 11:07 AM
awesome, then Stormwrack I shall check out!

The Tygre
2009-05-22, 12:27 PM
Now hold on a sec, mate! Before you go off for Stormwrack (which is kick-ass awesome on a dozen levels), there at least a couple of third party books I need to recommend. First and foremost, Mongoose Publishing has a little book called Seas of Blood. It has an entire section on ships, crews, naval combat, and maps for ships. The system is easy to learn, and even includes templates for ships (haunted, cursed, flying, etc.). Once more, Mongoose has actually supplemented Seas of Blood with several books, including splat-books about nothing but the ships of humans, elves, and even goblinoids. (Apparently, hobgoblins are quite the pirates.) My next recommendation is for Green Ronin's 'Skull and Bones'. It contains stats and a system for historical ships like the Spanish Galleon. And it's an entire book about pirates; come on, how can you pass that up? Finally, there's Legends and Lairs' 'Seafarer's Handbook'. It's almost entirely about ships, and I'll personally vouch for it any time. Hope these can be some help to you.

Choco
2009-05-22, 12:31 PM
awesome, I will have to check those out as well! The more sources the better.

B0nd07
2009-05-22, 02:34 PM
You may also want to look at D20 Past. I believe you'll find exactly what you want there. That being stats for a galleon and its cannons.