PDA

View Full Version : Has O-chul done his most important act? (theory)

Jubal_Barca
2009-05-22, 11:28 AM
My own O-Chul theory...

O-Chul will fail in the next few strips. He will allow V to get away perhaps, and otherwise fail utterly, not breaking the phylactery and being killed by Xykon.

However, the fact is... It won't matter.

I think that the one and only major thing O-Chul must do in this comic he has done. And that was his conversations with the MiTD. The MiTD is evidently uber. For the first time, he has sown doubt in its mind about its allegiance to Xykon and Redcloak. When he sees his only (real) friend killed by Xykon that will be shaken further.

One day, thje MiTD will remember O-Chul. Probably at a critical plot point. It it then that his legacy will be felt large in the plot of the OOTS.

shadzar
2009-05-22, 11:47 AM
:smallconfused: He still has his pride, so he has yet to clean up after Mr Scruffy. (I bet Elan and Haley had to clean up after Thog.)

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-22, 12:01 PM
:smallconfused: He still has his pride, so he has yet to clean up after Mr Scruffy. (I bet Elan and Haley had to clean up after Thog.)

And while they may take his life, they will never take his freedom (to stick bars into his opponents eyes)?

sum1won
2009-05-22, 12:03 PM
And while they may take his life, they will never take his freedom (to stick bars into his opponents eyes)?

Well, they kind of will have taken that away. Because he'll be dead.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-22, 12:06 PM
Well, they kind of will have taken that away. Because he'll be dead.

True. :smallfrown:

Although Roy's grandfather was still giving evil a good kicking in the afterlife, maybe O-Chul will get the same chance :smallsmile:

Linkavitch
2009-05-22, 12:08 PM
Nah. The MitD thing was important, no doubt, but I think his most uber-important thing will be simultaneously (hey, spelled it right on the first try!) taking away most of Redcloak's spells and destroying Xykon's phylactery. (Hey! That too! I'm on a roll! Supercalifragilisticexpialidotious. Dangit.)