PDA

View Full Version : OOTS, TE, TLG, OTS vs The Elder Evils+the real Kyuss

Volkov
2009-05-22, 01:23 PM
To ensure that Oerth is forever safe from the elder evils and the machinizations of the real kyuss, all the gods and all of the mightiest dragons, outsiders, spellcasters, and elementals use their collective power to transport them, their prisons and lairs, their minions and cults, and the guardians of their prisons, to the OOTS world.

But their signs begin to manifest quickly on OOTS world, although Atropus will not show up until after Ragnorra is defeated, to prevent their signs from conflicting. Also we will assume that there is a reasonable limit for Father Illymic's temperature drop, say -100 degrees. Also Kyuss and the worm that walks shall be treated as different entities, like an aspect and the real thing.

Now that the back story is done now for the raw data.

OOTS: Roy, Celia, Non-spliced V, Julia, General Chang, Daigo, Kazumi, Durkon, Belkar, O-chul, Hinjo, Miko, Haley, Therkla, Lien, Blackwing, Mr.Scruffy, & Elan, as many azurite soldiers as hinjo, roy, chang, and elan can bring along with a leadership feat.
TLG: Nale, Pompey, Zz'dtri, Yokyok, Yikyik, Sabine, Leaky, Hilgya, Kabuto, Qarr, and Thog, and as many generic minions as Kabuto, Leaky, Nale, and Qarr can bring with the leadership feat and minion/lackey rules from the exemplars of evil.
TE: Xykon, Redcloak, Jirix, Tsusiko, the Hobgoblin General, Mother Black Dragon, Junior Black Dragon, Right-eye, the monster in the darkness, The Death Knight, The Hueceva, and the eye of FEAR and flame. with as many minions as redcloak, xykon, the hob goblin general, and MBD can bring with the leadership feat and as many lackeys as they can bring with the minion/lackey rules from the exemplars of evil splatbook, as well as many undead as Tsusiko, Xykon, Redcloak, Jirix, and the MBD can command with spells and rebuking.
OTS: The entire Order of the scribble. As many followers as Soon can bring with the leadership feat,

xykon will be assumed to be a level 26 sorcerer. Red cloak will be an assumed level 20, Jirix at level 11, Tsusiko a level 3 wizard/level 3 cleric/level 7 mystic theruge. Mother black dragon will be assumed to be a level 4 sorcerer. Celia I'll give 6 levels of sorcerer to for fairness. I'll be nice to the linear guild and assume that nale is a level 2 rogue, level 2 fighter, and level 12 sorcerer. Vaarsuvius I'll make a level 15 evoker. Belkar a level 13 ranger level 2 barbarian. Miko a level 5 monk, level 15 paladin. Hinjo a level 17 Paladin. O-chul a level 5 fighter and level 10 paladin, and Lien a level 12 paladin. Leaky will be a level 20 druid. Otherwise use class & level geekery stats.

All members of the order of the scribble are level 24 for simplicity, girard will be a sorcerer.

They must defeat the Elder evils in the following order, Zargon, The hulks of Zoretha, Father Illymic, The Worm that Walks, Ragnorra, Sertrous, Atropus, Kyuss himself, The Leviathan, and finally, a released Pandorym united with it's body.

All Elder evils have their HD and caster level tripled, with many new spell like abilities, same goes for their primary minions. If they fail to stop pandorym, he not only destroys OOTS world, but every world.

Kyuss himself becomes a rank 15 intermediate god for simplicities sake.

Timberboar
2009-05-22, 01:32 PM
:miko: Wolverine could totally beat up Batman.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 01:35 PM
:miko: Wolverine could totally beat up Batman.

Try to be constructive instead of acting like a jerk.

Nerdanel
2009-05-22, 02:47 PM
If the stats of those Elder Evils aren't online I'm going to have no idea and the same goes for a whole lot of people without the right book.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 02:50 PM
If the stats of those Elder Evils aren't online I'm going to have no idea and the same goes for a whole lot of people without the right book.

Argh, now I'm going to have to manually put them up, hold on.

SoC175
2009-05-22, 04:48 PM
Argh, now I'm going to have to manually put them up, hold on.
Actually that supplement is not open gaming content, so you better shouldn't put up too much (e.g. the complete stat blocks for all EEs might be too much).

To adress your question:

If Xykon is lvl 32 (think it's way too high) he'll beat (cast) the **** out of any Elder Evil as presented in the books. Same for all the level 28 guys (also think way too high) and MBD (as a lvl 14 sorcerer which I think is highly unlikely, she's likely no more than a lvl 4 sorcerer as it stacks with her innate sorcerer level)

However the true Kyuss (the demigod, not the worm that walks) will in turn own Xykon and any of the lvl 28 guys in a 1v1, however teaming up they should own Kyuss (who's the weakest possible sort of demigod and has a terrible build)

The OOTS could take on any EE (except true Kyuss) with a chance of victory but will take casulties and could easily get a TPK

Cracklord
2009-05-22, 05:03 PM
Would Soon get his levels in risen Matyr (That's what I assume he is as a ghost).
The Elder Evils get to about challenge rating 25 (Not counting Kyuss), so The Order of the Rift and Team Evil would be laughing.
The Linear guild would be able to get through some of them (With significant casualties), and the Order would probably not be able to get through unscathed either.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 05:16 PM
Would Soon get his levels in risen Matyr (That's what I assume he is as a ghost).
The Elder Evils get to about challenge rating 25 (Not counting Kyuss), so The Order of the Rift and Team Evil would be laughing.
The Linear guild would be able to get through some of them (With significant casualties), and the Order would probably not be able to get through unscathed either.

How do they beat pandorym when he has his body and mind united? He's like the snarl on steroids, lots and lots of steroids.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 05:20 PM
I don't think even if Xykon let the snarl free, would it be enough to give a 50/50 chance of defeating pandorym.

Cracklord
2009-05-22, 05:28 PM
Well I'm doing this from memory, but I'm pretty sure he's a CR 25. I could be wrong.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 05:29 PM
Well I'm doing this from memory, but I'm pretty sure he's a CR 25. I could be wrong.

That's a fragment of his mind. The full thing is so powerful psionically that if it and an elder brain had telepathic contact, the elder brain would explode.

Cracklord
2009-05-22, 05:30 PM
OK then.
Well, release the Snarl it is.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 05:31 PM
OK then.
Well, release the Snarl it is.

Battle of the god slayers. Winner. Certainly not the gods. Except maybe, Vecna. Everything that happens is always planned by him. In any universe.

Volkov
2009-05-22, 09:19 PM
I can see o-chul sacrificing himself to stave off the limitless hordes of worms, undead/abberations, and snake based creatures, plus enraged maniacs. Or Fighting the worm that walks to the death through a massive 16 km pit to let the rest of the group continue. With both dying.

Nerdanel
2009-05-23, 02:59 PM
If the Worm that Walks is the same as the sample Worm that Walks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/wormThatWalks.htm) (probably not, but I'll use it anyway), I'd estimate:

OOTS: Roy, Celia, Non-spliced V, Julia, General Chang, Daigo, Kazumi, Durkon, Belkar, O-chul, Hinjo, Miko, Haley, Therkla, Lien, Blackwing, Mr.Scruffy, & Elan, as many azurite soldiers as hinjo, roy, chang, and elan can bring along with a leadership feat.

Expect major carnage. Since the Worm is supposed to be smart, it will probably try to eliminate V, the most powerful enemy spellcaster, early on. V will have a hard time hitting the Worm's touch AC too. To turn the tide of the battle V would have to get lucky with a save-or-die or somehow deal enough damage for the paladins to be able to finish the job. Unfortunately for the paladins, the Worm will try to fly above them and rain death on them, and most of forces on the OOTS side are all but useless. I guess the Azurite troops could be firing arrows and hoping the Worm doesn't have Protection from Arrows cast or memorized. Even then, they'd only hit on a natural 20. Good thing there's so many of them.

TLG: Nale, Pompey, Zz'dtri, Yokyok, Yikyik, Sabine, Leaky, Hilgya, Kabuto, Qarr, and Thog, and as many generic minions as Kabuto, Leaky, Nale, and Qarr can bring with the leadership feat and minion/lackey rules from the exemplars of evil.

This will be a contest of Leeky vs. the Worm that Walks, with the Worm as the likely winner. Unfortunately for Leeky, the Worm has the edge in spells, and turning into a bear and mauling is a really horrible tactic against something that can engulf for 100 damage per turn. The rest will be unable to be much help, except Qarr in the unlikely case where he has the services of another pit fiend available, which could be just enough to turn the tide, maybe.

TE: Xykon, Redcloak, Jirix, Tsusiko, the Hobgoblin General, Mother Black Dragon, Junior Black Dragon, Right-eye, the monster in the darkness, The Death Knight, The Hueceva, and the eye of FEAR and flame. with as many minions as redcloak, xykon, the hob goblin general, and MBD can bring with the leadership feat and as many lackeys as they can bring with the minion/lackey rules from the exemplars of evil splatbook, as well as many undead as Tsusiko, Xykon, Redcloak, Jirix, and the MBD can command with spells and rebuking.

Consider the fight a great opportunity for Xykon to gain some XP and loot magic items. He doesn't have an ioun stone yet, like the sample Worm that Walks, among other things, even if the ioun stone is exactly the wrong type for him. In addition to Xykon, the Mother Black Dragon, the Xykon decoys, and Redcloak should be able to pack an appreciable bunch of support casting. If the Worm acts smart it will teleport away in a hurry.

OTS: The entire Order of the scribble. As many followers as Soon can bring with the leadership feat,

The Order of the Scribble as stated in the first post is much stronger than the Worm, so expect them to stomp it. They could even beat the Worm as individuals, well, the casters could anyway.

Optimystik
2009-05-23, 03:02 PM
Try to be constructive instead of acting like a jerk.

Lighten up, it was funny...

Battle of the god slayers. Winner. Certainly not the gods. Except maybe, Vecna. Everything that happens is always planned by him. In any universe.

He's the Gary Oak of the D&D pantheon.

Volkov
2009-05-23, 03:07 PM
Lighten up, it was funny...

He's the Gary Oak of the D&D pantheon.

Even his temporary death was planned by him. Even a person randomly slipping on a bannana peel was caused by him. Even atropus creating the gods was caused by him.

Optimystik
2009-05-23, 03:12 PM
Even his temporary death was planned by him. Even a person randomly slipping on a bannana peel was caused by him. Even atropus creating the gods was caused by him.

Exactly, he's Gary Mother****** Oak. [/4chan]

Volkov
2009-05-23, 03:13 PM
Exactly, he's Gary Mother****** Oak. [/4chan]

Even gary oak's birth was planned by Vecna. He's that good.

Optimystik
2009-05-23, 03:17 PM
Even gary oak's birth was planned by Vecna. He's that good.

http://www.syn.cc/images/Just%20As%20Planned.jpg

I'm going to stop here before we derail the thread to oblivion :smallbiggrin:

Volkov
2009-05-23, 03:29 PM
Belkar on Atropus would be useless, well maybe not absolutely useless as most of the undead there are sentient. But Against atropus himself, it'd be like an mouse trying to stop an quasidivine elephant.