PDA

View Full Version : An unusual method of planting evidence...

Dhavaer
2006-08-01, 08:17 PM
Implant Evidence
Necromancy
Level: Arcane 3; Components: S, M; Casting Time: Attack action; Range: Touch; Target: One living creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throw: Fort Negates; Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell painlessly injects testable evidence of the presence of a certain kind of substance in the target's body. This is imperceptible to the target. The evidence produced is apparently genuine in every way, and indicates use of the substance going back 1 day/level prior to the casting. The evidence leaves the body at the same rate as normal. The target is not affected as if they had taken the substance in question.
The somatic component for this spell can easily be worked into a handshake; if a handshake is used to make the touch attack, it automatically hits and doesn't draw attacks of opportunity.
Material Component: The substance to be replicated. It must be on the caster's person, but not necessarily in their hand.

DMgrinder
2006-08-01, 09:42 PM
Now PCs have to fear shaking hands along with statues, pools of water, the ocean, bodies, and fountains.

chaiyo
2006-08-01, 10:41 PM
Handshakes don't cause Attacks of Opportunity? That's a world of relief. Especially for making an overtly-friendly paladin!

Paladin: Hey there, mister roper! I'm Lord Weston! *shake*
Roper: *drags and eats the paladin*

Anyways, good job on a spell for mass murderers like Black Mage of 8-Bit Theater lore.

Dhavaer
2006-08-02, 05:51 AM
Via Negativa would probably be a better reason to fear handshakes. Necromantic Joy Buzzer of DOOM!

The Glyphstone
2006-08-02, 06:57 AM
"I didn't use drugs to win that race! My body just makes extra testosterone normally! So if the retest is negative, that means I didn't use drugs, but if it's positive, I'm still innocent because it
is naturally generated!" ;D