PDA

View Full Version : Something is missing...

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-22, 02:13 PM
Open up the Book of Nine Swords to page 97. Tell me if you see something missing.

Give up? The Bloodclaw Master offers no new weapons/ armor proficiencies. In fact, none of the PrCs in the Bo9S do.

arguskos
2009-05-22, 02:16 PM
Many PrC's don't offer any new proficiencies. Is there a problem with that?

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-22, 02:21 PM
Many PrC's don't offer any new proficiencies. Is there a problem with that?

Yeah, but most PrCs at least mention this fact.

Keld Denar
2009-05-22, 02:28 PM
It could be worse...at least it doesn't GIVE proficiencies that are totally unrelated to the theme of the PrC.

Seriously..."I'm more devoted to the forces of bringing light, mercy, and healing to the world....now where did I leave that HUGE FREAKIN GREATSWORD?"

Check out Radiant Servant of Pelor for more details....

Devils_Advocate
2009-05-22, 05:20 PM
Not only does the Radiant Servant not do anything else to increase your ability to fight with weapons, it gives a d6 hit die, if I recall correctly. The one way that it's worse than straight Cleric makes you less of a frontliner.

The weapon proficiencies seem like some sort of oversight. I'd house-rule them out, personally. I might even make that suggestion as a player.

FMArthur
2009-05-22, 05:42 PM
What did you use to qualify for the Bloodclaw Master that didn't give you enough weapon proficiencies? :smallconfused:

SadisticFishing
2009-05-22, 05:43 PM
Errr... a lot of PRCs are like this. They've very inconsistent about them.

Eldariel
2009-05-22, 05:52 PM
Most PrCs published in late 3.5 books systematically mention nothing of proficiencies. I suppose, since usually PrCs don't grant any proficiencies, that WoTC simply found the entry redundant if none are given, and thus decided to cut them entirely. Frankly, I find this a smart decision, if a minute detail.

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-22, 05:52 PM
What did you use to qualify for the Bloodclaw Master that didn't give you enough weapon proficiencies? :smallconfused:

Totemist. Natural weapons don't really care about profs though...