PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy!

Berserk Monk
2009-05-22, 06:50 PM
My nine year old cousin is coming down to visit me for the weekend. I'm ten years older than him so I don't need to explain the age gap. Also, all my friends are still away at college so I've got no one to hang out with that's my age. Wish me luck (and sanity).

Kaelaroth
2009-05-22, 07:20 PM
Is it just your cousin and you?

SurlySeraph
2009-05-22, 08:55 PM
Little kids can be fun. If he keeps bothering you, swing him around in circles until he gets too dizzy to stand up. When he gets up, do it again until he gets tired.
Alternately, try to get him interested in your hobbies.

MethosH
2009-05-22, 08:56 PM
I don't really see your point here. Many 9 years old kids are cool :smalltongue:
Ask him to bring some friends and you can teach them how to play AD&D

Berserk Monk
2009-05-22, 09:09 PM
SurlySeraph: Nearly all my hobbies involve things that are rated R, Mature, or involve graphic violence, curse words, nudity, explosions, or other crap like that, and if the hobby doesn't initially involve those things, I try to make it.

Methoshara: My cousin lives 6 hours away. I don't think that's an option.

reorith
2009-05-22, 09:24 PM
1. go outside
2. play hide and seek
3. go in side
4. ???
5. profit!

Starscream
2009-05-22, 09:30 PM
Rent horror movies. My much older cousins did this to me when I was about six. Then they declared that the movies were much to scary for me and I should go to bed. Needless to say, I challenged this claim.

Long story short, I spent the next three months having nightmares about Freddy Krueger. And the thing about a Freddy nightmare when you're six is that you are convinced it was real even after you wake up.

Rutskarn
2009-05-22, 09:38 PM
Convert him into a thrall of your own personal army. Then, when the violence goes down, use him to topple your enemies.

Just kidding. That doesn't usually work.

Trust me on that one.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-22, 09:41 PM
Use this as an oppertunity to get in touch with your younger, more innocent side.

Alternativly, begin the brainwashing process.

Rapidwhirl
2009-05-22, 09:51 PM
I like hanging out with kids who are younger then me. It gives me the chance to introduce them to the things really I like. If you are kind to them, they will want to be just like you. :smallbiggrin:

You must have something that you haven't perverted yet? If all else fails, play chess.

reorith
2009-05-22, 09:53 PM
Use this as an oppertunity to get in touch with your younger, more innocent side.
booooo!

Alternativly, begin the brainwashing process.
yay!

MethosH
2009-05-22, 10:14 PM
1. go outside
2. play hide and seek
3. go in side
4. ???
5. profit!

Southpark quote?
1. Steal underwear.
2. ???
3. Profit!

Nearly all my hobbies involve things that are rated R, Mature, or involve graphic violence, curse words, nudity, explosions, or other crap like that, and if the hobby doesn't initially involve those things, I try to make it.

Your point is...? When I was nine nearly all my hobbies had graphic violence, curse words, nudity, explosions or other crap like that. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2009-05-22, 10:39 PM
I've got a nine-year old brother... and it's not that bad, actually.

...Actually, he's almost a Mini-Me...

afroakuma
2009-05-22, 10:42 PM
I've got a nine-year old brother... and it's not that bad, actually.

...Actually, he's almost a Mini-Me...

Mando Squire?

Coidzor
2009-05-22, 11:18 PM
Mando Squire?

...Theme sigatar for the win. :smallbiggrin:

Hmm... As long as you're not being used as a jungle gym, count yourself lucky.

V:that's Easy, mr. Death. You stand for corruption and the decay of innocence into nothingness.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-22, 11:21 PM
booooo!

yay!

Optional challange:
Determie which of the options I've listed I actually reccomend.

SoD
2009-05-23, 01:15 AM
SurlySeraph: Nearly all my hobbies involve things that are rated R, Mature, or involve graphic violence, curse words, nudity, explosions, or other crap like that, and if the hobby doesn't initially involve those things, I try to make it.

Where's the problem? If he's anything like my 9 year old cousin you two'll get on like a house on fire!

Lerky
2009-05-23, 01:22 AM
do what I do, bury yourself in computer/video games:smallamused:

ghost_warlock
2009-05-23, 01:40 AM
Step 1) Load him up with candy, ice cream, and soda pop.
Step 2) Hide and let your parents/friends deal with him.
Step 3) Profit! :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2009-05-23, 03:00 AM
1. go outside
2. play hide and seek
3. go in side
4. ???
5. profit!That seems... really quite suspect... ew.

Sometime last year, when I was 21 and my nephew was 8 or 9, I had to babysit him for a few days. We saw a couple of movies and made an apple pie, biscuits from the pie pastry, and gingerbread biscuits. It was fun. I even snuck up on him and caught him stealing from the jar after I told him we'd eaten enough biscuits :biggrin:

Fri
2009-05-23, 03:06 AM
Kids are cute as long as you're not responsible for it.

thubby
2009-05-23, 05:34 AM
dealing with kids is easy. you just have to keep the lead, if they start bugging you to do stuff you'll never hear the end of it, so find stuff you can both do that you like.
I personally like going to the park with my younger relatives.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-23, 06:02 PM
do what I do, bury yourself in computer/video games:smallamused:

A. I still haven't upgraded from my PS2 and I've beaten all my games.
B. He usually hogs the the thing the entire time he's here. This wouldn't bug me so much, but the games in my room.

ANGER!!!:smallfurious:

MethosH
2009-05-23, 10:47 PM
Why don't just kill him and dump the body? Oh wait, that's totally illegal and its a bad thing to do....

How about this... Print this: http://www.yoyoguy.com/info/ball/index2.html
give it to him.
give him 3 balls.
Go do something else while he learn to do juggling.

lord of kobolds
2009-05-24, 07:46 PM
Your point is...? When I was nine nearly all my hobbies had graphic violence, curse words, nudity, explosions or other crap like that. :smalltongue:

Or all four at once!!!!

Also, duct tape is there to be used.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-25, 12:01 PM
Also, duct tape is there to be used.

Right about now, that's not sounding like a bad idea.

Crispy Dave
2009-05-28, 01:49 AM
1. go outside
2. play hide and seek
3. go in side
4. ???
5. profit!

we all know Reorith's 5 step profit plans always work.

Narmoth
2009-05-28, 02:17 AM
Well, I learned my little sister to play D&D when she was 9.
There are other games you could play as well. Now, chess isn't great, since you should be a lot better than a 9 year old at it, but backgammon, and any other game involving chance would do fine

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:44 AM
Go around telling people he's your kid. Use him to hit on hot MILF's. They love kids. The only thing you need to make a MILF happy is a good babysitter!

Yeah...:smallwink:

darkblust
2009-06-06, 03:27 PM
Whats a milf?anyway,introduce him to the way of rp-ing.But then he will be like evryone on this site,is that a good thing?:smallconfused:

Tingel
2009-06-06, 03:40 PM
Whats a milf?anyway,introduce him to the way of rp-ing.But then he will be like evryone on this site,is that a good thing?:smallconfused:
A quick glance at the date of the original post would have told you that the weekend with the original poster's cousin is already part of the past.

You could consider hitting the space bar after punctuation marks; it makes your text more pleasant to read.

LCR
2009-06-07, 08:13 AM
1. Take your cute little cousin to the park
2. Pretend to be a responsible, yet still fun older cousin
3. Make sure lots of girls are around
4. ???
5. Profit.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 09:52 AM
1. Take your cute little cousin to the park
2. Pretend to be a responsible, yet still fun older cousin
3. Make sure lots of girls are around