PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland vs Orlando...whoa. (if you dont want to know the end, dont look)

Stormthorn
2009-05-22, 10:37 PM
I not a big basketball fan, but i happened to walk by at the end of this game (which was just now) and it was all like...whoa.

I dont even know what team won, i just saw what happened.

Dude on team B (non-home team) makes a shot against three defenders, giving his team the lead with only one second left.

Ball goes in, dude on team A has it. He jumps, he releases with about a tenth of a second to spare, he sinks it.

Its like two critical 20's in a row at the last possible second. And for once it really was the very last second.

Is basketball usualy this exiting?

PhoeKun
2009-05-22, 10:44 PM
I not a big basketball fan, but i happened to walk by at the end of this game (which was just now) and it was all like...whoa.

I dont even know what team won, i just saw what happened.

Dude on team B (non-home team) makes a shot against three defenders, giving his team the lead with only one second left.

Ball goes in, dude on team A has it. He jumps, he releases with about a tenth of a second to spare, he sinks it.

Its like two critical 20's in a row at the last possible second. And for once it really was the very last second.

Is basketball usualy this exiting?

Only in the playoffs, or if you're watching LeBron James (the last man you saw take a shot).

Coidzor
2009-05-22, 10:48 PM
Coming from having seen enough games as a child to know I was bored by it...

No.

Stormthorn
2009-05-22, 11:14 PM
Ok.

I was like wondering if i had been missing the worlds most exiting sport all these years.

skywalker
2009-05-22, 11:57 PM
Pro basketball is 99% of the time not this amazing.

College, on the other hand... Yes, you are missing a lot.

The NBA, this season, their tagline is "Where will amazing happen this year?" Personally, I think it is a really good line, but most of what is amazing won't be that amazing for you. Sports are kinda like reverse drugs. They get progressively more addictive, but you don't need more and more to go "whoa." You need less and less. A really well-thrown curve ball makes me shiver these days.

KjeldorMage
2009-05-23, 11:26 AM
I am not much of an NBA fan (in fact I find pro b-ball sort of boring)

But I feel like I missed something huge last night...

Jophes
2009-05-23, 01:21 PM
Ahh, I love living in Northeast Ohio <3 In fact LeBron James went to highschool like down the road from where I live. I don't think I've yelled so loud in my life when he sunk that basket last night.

Indurain
2009-05-23, 02:14 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/LebronWitnesses.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Ry--J8hwg)

After last night, no one can argue the validity of that statement. (Picture is linked to the highlight)

I have become a big basketball fan in the last year and a half or so. Is it always THAT exciting? No. Is it always exciting? Yes. I used to think the only way to watch basketball was to watch the final 2 minutes of the game, because that's where the excitment was, but there is magic throughout the entire game (and I'm not just talking about Dwight Howard).

It also helps that I finally picked a team to cheer for this year (other than my obligatory hometown Raptors...who didn't give me much to cheer about this year). It also helps that the team I'm cheering for is still in the playoffs.

So, Basketball can be an amazingly thrilling sport, but as was said above, it takes time for those little hints of amazing to really wow you.

One final thing...

LET'S GO NUGGETS!!!