PDA

View Full Version : Feats of Bravery and Terror (3.5, PEACH)

Stormthorn
2009-05-22, 11:13 PM
Ice in the Veins [General]
Prerequisite:
Intimidate +4, Con 13, Cha 13

Benefit
You recieve a +4 bonus to all saves against fear effects.

Adrenaline Freak[General]
Prerequisite:
Bluff +7, Ice in the Veins

Benefit
If you suceed in a save VS a fear effect or spell you recieve a +2 bonus to strength and dexterity, a +10' bonus to all movement speeds, and Fast Healing 3 on your next round.

Nerves of Steel [General, Epic]
Prerequisite:
Intimidate +16, Con 15, Cha 15, Ice in the Veins

Benefit:
You recieve a +6 bonus to all saves VS fear effects and treat any level effect at one level lower (Example: something that automaticly causes you to become frightened instead makes you shaken). In addition, if you sucessfuly save VS a fear effect or spell with the Fear descriptor the caster must make a Will save (DC= your character level) or be dazed for 1 round as they stand in awe of your fearless state.

Terrifying Spell [Metamagic]

Benefit: This metamagic can only be applied to a spell with a single target that forces a saving roll. If the saving throw is failed the target is Shaken for one round per spell level in addition to the normal effects.
This Feat raises the level of a spell by 1.

Dread Battlecry [General]

Prerequisite: Fighter 4, Intimidate +6

Benefit: As an attack action you may let out a roar that strikes fear into the hearts of nearby foes. This ability is a sonic fear effect that strikes hostile creatures in a 30' radius. They must make a Will save (DC= 10+1/2 character level) or be frightened for 1 round and then shaken for 1d4 round after that. If they suceed in their save they unaffected and are immune to this ability for 1 minute.

Additional Fear States:
As an optional rule, consider adding the following states to yout game:
Eneasy: As shaken but only a -1 penalty. (This was created for use with the Nervs of Steel feat as something to diminish Shaken too without removing the fear entirly). This is the least of all fear states.

Terrified: As Panicked but the penalties are doubled (its even more severe a state). Someone who cannot escape in this state is Cowering but recieves an additional -2 penalty to armor class and to all saving throws.

The Mentalist
2009-05-22, 11:28 PM
I like Adrenaline Freak I may have to use it for an NPC.

Stormthorn
2009-05-23, 12:03 AM
I like Adrenaline Freak I may have to use it for an NPC.

It does suggest certain personalities traits, doesnt it?

The Mentalist
2009-05-23, 12:10 AM
Yes. Also with a few of the drugs that I invented with an alchemist characters. I have one that causes fear, really low DC. I've just made a combat worthy heroin addict.

Stormthorn
2009-05-23, 12:13 AM
*Tshhh*
Ahh, thats the stuff.

Oh, can i get the info on those drugs?