Cloak Weapon
Illusion
Level: Bard 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: 0 ft.
Target: Weapon wielded
Duration: One attack
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

You render the striking surface of the target weapon invisible. The next attack made with the weapon ignores Dexterity and Dodge bonuses to AC. However, the the target of the attack is not treated as being flat-footed–it is aware of the attack, it simply can not dodge it accurately.

Focus:
A black silk handkerchief

Archetype of Power
Enchantment [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 2
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One willing creature
Duration: 1 round/level

You imbue the subject with the power of an archetypical hero. The exact benefits you choose depend on the archetype you choose, as below.

Warrior–The subject receives a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, 5d6 temporary hp, and gains proficiency with all simple and martial weapons and with all light and medium armor and shields.
Trickster–The subject receives a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, gains a +4 competence bonus on all Hide, Move Silently, and Open Lock checks, and gains sneak attack +1d6.
Sage–The subject receives a +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, and may use a single spell from Wizard/Sorcerer spell list with a spell level no greater than one third your caster level as a spell-like ability once during the duration of the spell with caster level equal to half your own and DC equal to 10 plus his Intelligence modifier.
Priest–The subject receives a +2 enhancement bonus to Wisdom, and, once during the duration of the spell per three caster levels, can turn undead as a cleric of your caster level.

Focus:
A fine porcelain mask, worth 25 gp.

Blight Womb
Necromancy [Death]
Level: Cleric 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components: V, S, M
Range: Touch
Target: Pregnant creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You make a touch attack against any pregnant creature. If you hit, and if the creature fails her save, then all young she is currently bearing die.

Material Component
The ground-up umbilical cord of a stillborn child.

Exude Spores
Transmutation
Level: Druid 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: 5 ft.
Area: 5 ft. radius burst, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous, then 1 round/caster level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: No

You exude a small cloud of spores from your skin. All creatures within the area of this spell that fail their save become infected by the spores, taking 1d4 points of damage. In addition, the spores continue dealing one point of damage per round to a creature infected with them for 1 round/caster level.

Material Component:
A mushroom, eaten during the casting of the spell.

Steal Trait
Transmutation
Level: Sorcer/Wizard 3
Components: V, S
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: Yes

You make a touch attack against a creature. If you succeed, you gain one of the creature’s traits for the duration of the spell, as follows. You may:
*Replace one of your ability scores with the target’s score.
*Replace your own natural armor bonus to AC with that of the target.
*Gain one of the movement forms of target.
*Gain one of the natural attack forms of the target.
*Gain one of the extraordinary special attacks or qualities of the target.

Fizban
2006-08-01, 05:26 PM
I like them, but why does the preist archtype get a morale bonus instead of an enhancment bonus?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-01, 05:38 PM
I like them, but why does the preist archtype get a morale bonus instead of an enhancment bonus?
Stacking purposes.

The Demented One
2006-08-01, 05:44 PM
I originally had them all as morale bonuses, but changed it to enhancement to tone it down. Just forgot to change that on the Priest.

chaiyo
2006-08-01, 10:02 PM
These are some truly interesting, well-rounded spells here. However, I have a few suggestions. Just for clarification, these are just suggestions. I found no technical flaws, just things that gnaw at my mind.

1) Cloak Weapon sounds like it could have a Sense Motive check to negate the effects, thus allowing the victim a means of defense. Kind of like a feint. Or maybe that could be like a Lesser Cloak Weapon. Also, maybe you should specify whether the attack must be made in the same round of the casting. Lastly, maybe the weapon should also be listed in the Focus Component entry.

2) I think that Blight Womb should mention whether or not it has an effect on non-mammals that use eggs as a means of gestation.

3) To avoid cheese, maybe you should specify that the touch attacks are melee in the latter few.

Otherwise? Blight Womb seems too disturbing to not be evil. Or maybe its just how I'm shuddering at it being 1st level for clerics.

The Demented One
2006-08-01, 10:23 PM
1) Cloak Weapon sounds like it could have a Sense Motive check to negate the effects, thus allowing the victim a means of defense. Kind of like a feint. Or maybe that could be like a Lesser Cloak Weapon.
A Sense Motive check to beat invisibility just seems weird to me.

Also, maybe you should specify whether the attack must be made in the same round of the casting.
That's standard for spells with a duration of 1 attack.

2) I think that Blight Womb should mention whether or not it has an effect on non-mammals that use eggs as a means of gestation.
Only viviparous creatures--i.e., those that do get properly pregnant--are effected. If you want to kill a creature in an egg, I have a simpler solution: omelets.

3) To avoid cheese, maybe you should specify that the touch attacks are melee in the latter few.
When not specified, a touch attack is always assumed to be of the melee variety.

Otherwise? Blight Womb seems too disturbing to not be evil. Or maybe its just how I'm shuddering at it being 1st level for clerics.
It's mean, but death effects=/=evil.

chaiyo
2006-08-01, 10:31 PM
My only answer to most of those is: Gee, I guess you're right. However, my logic for my first suggestion was that they do see you motioning towards them as though you had a weapon in your hand. The DC should be pretty high, though, so I guess it would be just a fruitless effort.