PDA

View Full Version : Smiting Dragons

Froogleyboy
2009-05-23, 09:36 AM
Ok, we are having an epic campaign where we control massive armies at our disposal. Every person has different types of units at there disposal. We have a gold dragon PC , and a half gold dragon minotaur who have chosen to work against me. I am a Cleric 5/Wizard 5/Mystic Theurge 13 and I want spells that smite dragons, slays dragons ,etc. other then bane. Plz help

Flickerdart
2009-05-23, 09:43 AM
Shivering Touch. With Arcane Reach, it makes Dragons cry as it saps their awful DEX scores. Bestow Curse (-6 to a stat version) would also help. Anything that hits DEX, really. Solid Fog will make them stall if they are flying. Spells that give you energy resistance against their breath are also good.

I would recommend a different build, though, as Epic Mystic Theurge sucks even more than the normal kind. If you want both Arcane and Divine casting, go Wizard/Ur-Priest/Mystic Theurge so you can actually get 9th level spells in both classes pre-epic.

Even with these spells, Dragons are dangerous when played intelligently. Less dangerous if you can keep them grounded, but still under-CRed and crafty foes.

Blackjackg
2009-05-23, 09:45 AM
Tons of good stuff on that front in the Draconomicon, including Earthbind, Antidragon Aura, Suppress Breath Weapon, Aura of Evasion and Hide from Dragons.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-23, 09:57 AM
See I like my build so I'm not changing it but thx any ways . I'm not a power gamer or anything its just these guys are and have decided to fight against me as a team.

Flickerdart
2009-05-23, 10:04 AM
See I like my build so I'm not changing it but thx any ways . I'm not a power gamer or anything its just these guys are and have decided to fight against me as a team.
So you're going to go alone against two power gamers, with a woefully underpowered build? Be ready with counter-counters for their counters to your spells, because they will most likely know that many spells take out Dragons and prepare against them.
Also, use Quicken as much as you can. They will use it, meaning they get four spells per turn to your one. Quicken will at least help bridge that gap. Get Practised Spellcaster for both Cleric and Wizard, to make your buffs harder to Dispel. Etc, etc. You may not be a power gamer, but optimizing is vital when you lose otherwise.

ZeroNumerous
2009-05-23, 10:04 AM
If you have Charm Monster or Dominate Monster, use it. Unless they've bought items of permanent Mind Blank then there's no way they would be able to defend against it. Lots of Save-Or-Dies will be very effective since their large LAs will mean low save modifiers and low HP.