PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Dutch Meetup IV - Bride of the Dutch Meetup

Lord Herman
2009-05-23, 11:55 AM
It's been a few months since the last Dutch Meetup (which was in February, if I'm not mistaken), so it's time to start planning the next one. We could try to pick a date during the summer vacation.

For those who haven't been to a meetup yet; it's usually a one-day event at someone's place, with the possibility of sleeping over. We play D&D, eat pizza, exchange funny gaming anecdotes, and mainly just have a lot of fun.

I don't know if I can host it again, but I'll see what I can do. If someone else could host it, that'd be great too! It's best if that someone lives somewhere in the middle of the Benelux, so nobody has to travel too much.

I can bring D&D books (4E and 3.5), Munchkin (with quite a few expansions), the OOTS adventure game, and I'll try to procure the DVDs of The Gamers and The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising.

In any case, if you're interested in coming, let us know! If you can bring games or food (or both), all the better!

Update: The meetup will be on August 9th, at DD the Cookiemonster's place.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-23, 12:10 PM
Ofcourse I'l try to be there.

Heck, I suggested this .^^

I'l most likely bring mah own pancakes again.:smallamused:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-23, 12:34 PM
Gazooks! There's gonna be a meet-up and no-one's PMed me?
Is this because I'm Belgian? Or does it have anything to do with those unspeakable things me and my axe did at the last meet-up?

As for being at the centre of the Benelux, my place qualifies, but I'm not sure attendance is going to be spread enough across the Benelux for it to be convenient. Last time I was pretty much the only Belgian there, and there was no-one from Luxemburg (:smalleek:) !

Lord Herman
2009-05-23, 01:46 PM
I made a banner!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/BannerMeetupIV.png

To put it in your sig, use this code:
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/BannerMeetupIV.png

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-23, 04:56 PM
PM's have not been send out yet.

Mainly because we thought this up today and because I'm too lazy to clear up my PM box.

*puts banner in sig*

Ashtar
2009-05-23, 09:46 PM
Ponders...

For me all depends on the date / location, but I'll try my best to be there.

And it looks we have a Gothic / Vampire / Undead theme for this summer meet-up, with all that black and blood red.

Lord Herman
2009-05-24, 03:07 AM
I've looked up the threads of the earlier meetups:
Dutch Meetup I
Dutch Meetup II - Return of the Dutch Meetup
Dutch Meetup III - Revenge of the Dutch Meetup

Edit: I'll send PMs to everyone who attended a meetup or indicated they'd like to.

Castaras
2009-05-24, 10:05 AM
The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising.

Amazing film. So funny. Watch it!

InaVegt
2009-05-24, 03:14 PM
I'm coming for sure, keep me updated.

I'd be willing to DM or play DnD, as well as other systems, if the rules are available. (I should be getting my hardcover copy of labyrinth lords soon, and the pdf version is free.)

Zweanslord
2009-05-25, 07:02 AM
I will try to be present as well! Thanks for the PM about this, Lord Herman.
Oh, and I agree that The Gamers and The Gamers 2 are absolutely funny!

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-25, 07:05 AM
Ah, I should warn everyone that I'm still as much of a newbie at DnD as I was at the last meet-up. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing on these boards.

Ashtar
2009-05-25, 07:50 AM
D&D requires a brain, at least one way of receiving information (visual input processing, ears or touch sensitive organ) and at least one way of expressing responses (auditory response capability e.g. voice, textual response, sign language, Morse code with eye blinks or even alpha wave detection typing). Since last time you possessed one or more of the aforementioned capabilities, I think it will be no problem whatsoever.

Also, Munchkin and other games don't require much prior knowledge. I would like to try out some All Flesh Must Be Eaten one day, so maybe I could prepare and bring something of that.

Otherwise, it might be fun to bring some French rpgs / board games, just so you can see the horror of it all (I just feel like sharing). Bitume and Bloodlust come to mind (all thanks to the French designer Croc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc_(game_designer)). He did design INS/MV though, so it's not all bad.

And finally, chocolate and maybe other stuff if they let me fly with it.

InaVegt
2009-05-25, 06:15 PM
How about playing 4e again, I'd even be willing to provide some pregens for those who don't have the books/haven't really played RPGs.

I'll run 4e if nobody minds.

How does 11th level sound? (I'd like to try out paragon.)

Ashtar
2009-05-26, 03:58 PM
Oooh! Leveled up dwarven cleric! Woooo!

Lord Herman
2009-05-28, 07:27 AM
That'd be great, Ina!

Dibs on the Halfling Rogue!

Tiger Duck
2009-05-28, 07:47 AM
You know what I think i would like to attend. If its in a convient location
I have been looking to meet more intresting peoples.

(Yes I'm a pathelogical lurker)

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-28, 12:52 PM
D&D requires a brain, at least one way of receiving information (visual input processing, ears or touch sensitive organ) and at least one way of expressing responses (auditory response capability e.g. voice, textual response, sign language, Morse code with eye blinks or even alpha wave detection typing). Since last time you possessed one or more of the aforementioned capabilities, I think it will be no problem whatsoever.

Also, Munchkin and other games don't require much prior knowledge. I would like to try out some All Flesh Must Be Eaten one day, so maybe I could prepare and bring something of that.

Otherwise, it might be fun to bring some French rpgs / board games, just so you can see the horror of it all (I just feel like sharing). Bitume and Bloodlust come to mind (all thanks to the French designer Croc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc_(game_designer)). He did design INS/MV though, so it's not all bad.

And finally, chocolate and maybe other stuff if they let me fly with it.

Well, I do have eyes, yes, that much is undeniable. I guess I'll manage D&D (as well (or bad) as I did last time). 4e is fine by me, as I don't really know all that much about the differences (except gnomes being dreadful monsters all of the sudden of course). A pregenerated character would indeed be nice, if we're planning on saving ourselves some time. Whatever is easy to play is fine by me, but I have a slight preference for rogues. Also, I'm the kind of player who tends to drag around rather large lists of items. I like having rubbish in my inventory to put to creative uses.

As for other games, Munchkin is of course great, and I actually have some vague degree of experience playing that (I own a copy, so I should). Otherwise that odd game we played in the morning last time (something with tavern brawls?) was pretty awesome too.

Zweanslord
2009-05-31, 04:17 AM
I am in favour of playing 4e. 11th level sounds good. In that case I will be coming with my Fire Genasi Swordmage again, levelled up so as to have the Paragon Path Wildfire Genasi! Fear the fire!

I also like the idea of pre-generated characters for those not so familiar with 4e. That would certainly speed things up.

And if/when we are done/bored with D&D, we can always look at munchkin and that tavern brawl game!

InaVegt
2009-05-31, 04:44 PM
And if/when we are done/bored with D&D, we can always look at munchkin and that tavern brawl game!

Not to mention the OotS Board Game.

Any date's been chosen yet?

I know I'll be unavailable 2 Juli, as well as 14-27 juli.

Lord Herman
2009-05-31, 04:47 PM
I don't have anything planned for the summer vacation, so any date is fine by me. My place will only be available for one or two weeks, though, when my parents are away. I'm not sure exactly when that is.

Ashtar
2009-05-31, 06:41 PM
My place will only be available for one or two weeks, though, when my parents are away.

To my twisted mind, this sounds terribly like an invitation to do not a Meetup day, but a Meetup week!

If we do decide on a date in July, we'd better start choosing fast, because making travel arrangements at the last minute is really tough. I'm away the last two weeks of June, but will be around after that.

InaVegt
2009-06-08, 02:24 PM
Any updates?

As it looks now, August is better for me than July, August is still pretty much open, only day I'm going to be unavailable seems like it is the 16th.

Herman: Any update on the availability of your place?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-08, 02:38 PM
Not that I know off.

By the way, not a official meet-up, but is anybody going to the Midsummerfair on saturday the 20th? Or to Castlefest?

MrEdwardNigma
2009-06-14, 11:30 AM
Sooooooo... When will this be taking place anyways?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-18, 08:34 AM
I will have more info tomorrow.

Also, anybody going to Midzomerfair(midsummerfair) or Castlefest? I know I'm going to both. Midsummerfair on saturday(20th) and Castlefest most likely on saturday too.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-06-18, 10:14 AM
The twentieth of which month? :smallconfused:

Also, why should one consider going, how much does it cost, and where is it located?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-23, 10:11 AM
Well it WAS the 20th of june....I should have looked at this thread earlier.

You should consider going because Omnia is playing there, because I was there, because....

Too late now, anyway.

It's located at Alphen aan de Rein. (Thats somewhere between Utrecht and Delft(Near Leiden)) The cost, I get in free, because I help with my LARP group, which does demonstrations there.

Well...Ummm, is anybody going to Castlefest?

MrEdwardNigma
2009-06-23, 06:13 PM
Why should one consider going, how much does it cost, and where is it located? :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-30, 04:48 PM
This is their site, I think. (http://www.castlefest.nl/algemeen_nl.php)

No idea how much it costs, since my LARP organisation gets me in free.

Lisse.

Also, on further details.
I'l be working on mondays and wednesdays, so those days are out for me.

My parents have showed a open mind to the meeting being hosted here. (Which is just some south-east of Rotterdam.)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-13, 05:57 AM
Oki, just a update(and so that this thread doesn't fall into oblivion.)

My parents are good with the meet-up being hosted at where I live. Which is in Dordrecht.(That's Zuid-holland, some south-east of Rotterdam(Just google map Dordrecht if you want a precise location of the city) pretty much anywhere in August. I'l be going to Castlefest, so the latest weekend of August is out.

If we're going to host it, my place is fairly accesible by train.(15 minute walk from the trainstation, depends on how fast you walk. Remember to go to Dordrecht Stadspolders and not Centraal, though.) I can probably meet you at the trainstation if you give me the time of the train you're taking.(Use 9292ov.nl)

Games: We have Risk, Catan, Munchkin and some other things around here. We'l most likely be doing 4E again, seeing the interest. Though I don't know if I'm good enough/know enough about 4E to play that high level.

Games, videos trinkets, what do you want to bring or think should be there?

Food preferances please?

I'm just trying to get this show on the road.:smallsmile:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-13, 06:07 AM
Brilliant. Do you possess lots of expansion sets for Munchkin, or should someone bring them?

Also, is it possible, like previous years, to spend the night?
Getting back would likely be a problem considering my location.

As for 4th Edition, I'm completely clueless myself, so I'm hoping for some kind help? I do believe we played a game of 4th edition at the last meet-up, and that seemed to go rather well. I'd love to be a rogue again, as the style of play suits me.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-13, 06:13 AM
I don't believe we have any expansion sets for munchkin, here.

It might be handier then, that if somebody brings expansions, that that person brings the basic munchkin game as well, so that no cards are mixed up.

I have no idea yet if it's possible to spend the night. We have a big room, but it'd need to be cleared and cleaned up a lot before somebody could sleep there. I have a reasonably comfy couch, if you're willing to share a room with me. I'd have to clean my room, dangit.:smalltongue:
But that all depends on how open my parents are to people staying the night here.

On 4E, I've been to a con and played 4E bard all weekend long. It's not that much my style, but I know how to play it a bit now, so. >.> If we really need a leader, I'l do it.

Pepz
2009-07-13, 06:31 AM
I've got almost every set of munchkin, plus some expansions, (only missing munchkin impossible). I can also bring strange synergy, flux, and any number of simpler games.

That being said, would I be welcome to come as well? :smallredface: I've not been to a meet-up yet, so not sure how these things roll. I hail from the beautiful (HAHAHAHA) town of Tilburg, so I can go anywhere....

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-13, 06:35 AM
If you put up the banner in your sig.:smalltongue:

Nah, ofcourse you're welcome, though putting the banner in your sig would be welcome.

YPU
2009-07-13, 07:09 AM
I’m not in the fastest of moods today, but no date yet right? I’ll see if I can be there this time, but I think it should work considering I have a much more flexible shedual these days.

Also DD, I tend to be present at pretty much all of the big fest and fair, but normally only on Saturdays. We really should try and synchronize that one for once you know.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-13, 07:27 AM
No specific date yet, but if we're going to do it at my place, it's gonna be somewhere in August.

Yeah, we really should. I'm probably going on Friday or maybe Saturday.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-13, 08:31 AM
I have two exams somewhere past the 17th of August, but they won't inform us when they occur until the 1st. This makes August a bit of a minefield for me for now, but I do believe I'll manage t show up to the meet-up.

JoseB
2009-07-19, 04:25 AM
Sooo... Any news about the meetup?

If it is going to take place in August, on what day?

Would like to attend to *this* one, after having missed all the previous ones! :)

Allerbeste,

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-19, 06:04 AM
For me it would preferably take place somewhere before the 13th of August. If some other people would express their preferences we could probably come to an agreement. Also, the earlier, the better for me.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-19, 06:19 AM
I'l be going to Castlefest probably on either the friday or the saturday, so that weekend is out, since hosting takes preperation, or so I've heard.:smalltongue:

So somewhere between the 2nd and the 13th.

Pepz
2009-07-21, 04:38 PM
I'm torturing leading a summer camp in the weeks of 1-8 and 15-22 of august. This shouldn't bother you of the organization too much, but it does mean I'd prefer the 13th :smallwink:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-22, 12:45 AM
So that leaves us with the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-22, 12:51 AM
So the 9th sounds good?

So we have a time and location!?
My house, Dordrecht, Zuid Holland, Nederland.
9th of August.

I'm going to need yes or noes for this time/place,

Lord Herman
2009-07-22, 03:50 AM
I'd prefer the 9th. I'm going on vacation on the 12th, so I'd like to keep the 11th free.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-22, 04:19 AM
After chatting with them on msn, both are favorable for the 9th.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-22, 09:28 AM
After chatting with them on msn, both are favorable for the 9th.
Get your antecedents straight, you fool!

Also, since when is your gender female? :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-07-22, 04:04 PM
Here's the stuffs I can bring:
- Munchkin (English version, all regular expansions)
- The Inn Fighting Game (that dice game we played last time)
- Three Dragon Ante
- The Gamers and The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising
- A sombrero
- D&D 3.5 and 4E books, GURPS books

By the way, will Ina still be DMing? And what version will we be playing?

Also, I think it's a good idea to make a list of people who will be coming. So, um... look, a list! Add yourself to it!

Ye Aulde Liste
Lord Herman

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-22, 04:40 PM
Ye Aulde Liste
Lord Herman
Dallas-Dakota/DD the Cookiemonster

People who have said yes but needeth to confirm themselves on the Ye Aulde List:
Ina
A certain Mr. E. Nigma.
Pepz?

Zweanslord
2009-07-22, 04:42 PM
Still interested as before, the 9th of august is good for me. So add me to the list. :smallsmile:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-23, 04:33 AM
Just add me to Ye Aulde List, please. Also, have PMs been sent? And what's the status on the possibility of me staying the night?

Lord Herman
2009-07-23, 04:36 AM
And what's the status on the possibility of me staying the night?

Same here. If there's room, I'd like to stay the night.

Ye Aulde Liste
DD the Cookiemonster
Lord Herman
MrEdwardNigma
Zweanslord

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-23, 04:39 AM
Yup, I've talked about it and people can stay the night:smallsmile:

Ye Aulde List of People Staying the Night:
MrEdwardNigma
Lord Herman

Edit: I'l be sending out PM's as soon as I clear out my PM box(currently at 96 >.> *is horrible at cleaning his PM box*) or if somebody else would like to, that would be very welcome.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-23, 04:46 AM
Mine is at 97, actually, and most of that is games I'm running and avatars I've received.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-24, 06:05 PM
Ye Aulde Liste
DD the Cookiemonster
Lord Herman
MrEdwardNigma
Zweanslord
Ina(confirmed over msn)

How about people come in say 3 PM?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-25, 05:05 AM
Or would 1 PM be better, so that people coming in from far could catch lunch? I have no idea what kind of travel time you guys have so >.>

Lord Herman
2009-07-26, 01:15 PM
The last meetup started around noon, IIRC.

Ashtar
2009-07-26, 04:10 PM
I'm sad to say that this time I'll most likely not be able to make it. Being on a Sunday makes it difficult for me to get there and back in time for work on Monday.

So it'll have to be next time. Hope you all have great fun ^^

YPU
2009-07-27, 03:45 PM
There is a rather uninteresting family get together planed on that day… and I’m really am trying to sneak of that obligation. But I’m afraid the resistance will be futile. :smallfurious:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-27, 03:47 PM
Damn, good luck though.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-27, 08:16 PM
There is a rather uninteresting family get together planed on that day… and I’m really am trying to sneak of that obligation. But I’m afraid the resistance will be futile. :smallfurious:
You're just not trying hard enough. Trying hard enough involves knives. :smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-28, 04:00 AM
Edward, are you cheating on Mr. Axy?:smalleek:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-28, 10:59 AM
Mr. Axy is seeing someone, remember? I did tell you about Mrs. Maiden, didn't I? Anyways, while I'm suggesting knives for YPU, it's true that I'm more of an axe man myself. I even use the deodorant.
Boy, that was a terrible joke...

Lord Herman
2009-07-30, 05:12 PM
Have those PMs been sent yet? It'd be a shame if people missed the whole thing because they didn't know about the date.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-30, 05:17 PM
I've send some, I've been busy and sick.

I'm going to Castlefest tomorrow, so I'l be gone.
(Actually today, considering it's 20 minutes into today)

If you(or somebody else) could send some, that'd be great! If not, then I'l clear my PM box on saturday and send out a whole thingy.

I've send a PM to Ashtar, and due to that he has to work on that monday, he sadly won't be coming.

I've send a PM to YPU, but he hasn't responded.

Lord Herman
2009-07-31, 06:48 AM
I've just sent PMs to everyone who posted in this thread and who's not already on the confirmed list.

Tiger Duck
2009-07-31, 07:29 AM
How are you going MrEdwardNigma? train,car?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 09:57 AM
I've just send PM's to 15 people who've posted interest in the previous thread, on the microscopic chance that they will come on this short notice.

Edward is going with the train. I'l be picking him(And Ina and whoever is going by train) up from the station(Remember, Station Stadspolders) and we'l have a around 10 minute walk to my place. I would totally pick you guys up with a car, but I'm not yet 18.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-01, 12:29 PM
I would totally pick you guys up with a car, but I'm not yet 18.
I'm not sure how this is stopping you. Does your car have an minorproof lock? :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 01:10 PM
I have the disease called Parentis, it'l need atleast a couple of more years to be worked out of my system for the most part.:smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-02, 01:57 AM
How are you going MrEdwardNigma? train,car?

I'll be leaving from Antwerpen Centraal at a yet uncertain hour. Why, looking to go along?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-02, 06:22 AM
Ye aulde List of people coming:
DD
Herman
Edward
Zweanslord
Ina
(insert you here, hopefully?)

Ye aulde List of people staying the night:
Edward
Herman
(Insert you here?)

Movies:
Herman is bringing The Gamers and The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising???

The OOTS adventure Game:
Being brought by Herman???

Munchkin!:
I think it would be for the best, as said earlier, that one person brings all present versions, so no cards get mixed up.
Pep said he w/could/has pretty much every set of Munchkin, but he has not put himself on the Ye Aulde List yet!
So if Pep sadly isn't coming, hopefully not, then who could bring munchkin + expansion(s)??? Herman???
I have the basic Munchkin, but no expansions.

DDD!

Dungeons & Dragons Details!

I don't have a battle map here, and I'm pretty sure we would all appreciate if somebody brought one and good markers for it.
Is being brought by: ???

Mini's: Mini's are always usefull and fun! I have some circa 30 here. Is that enough?
Are being brought by: DD (And ???)

Dice!: I have plenty, ofcourse if you have a lucky set, or if they are shiny, they're welcome too.
Are brought by: DD + ??? personal dice.

DM screen: A handy thing! I currently only have a 3.5E DM screen here, so if anybody has a 4E DM screen, feel free to bring it. Posting here would be handy so there aren't multiple ones and you brought unneeded stuff.
Is being brought by: 3.5 by DD, or a 4E by ???

D&D books: Brought by Herman??? and Ina???

Characters: Ina is making pre-made characters, as far as I'm aware.
Character Level: 11th? Too high for me and Edward, most likely. I'd be willing to try if the rest of the party is saying, YEAAAHHH, 11TH LEVEL!!!1!!11!

DM position: Filled by Ina.

Snacks and drinks: Supplied by me.

On the topic of dinner:
We have three choices for you!:
French Fries(patat)
Pizza
Pancakes.

Please select what you want for dinner and if you pick pizza, what kind of stuff you want on it.( Which we might do)

For the people staying in the morning:
What kind of bread do you want?
Whitebread?
Brownbread?
Brownbread with seeds?
???
Food, Drinks and Snacks overall:
You're welcome to bring what you want! We appreciate it. Just make sure you like it, so that if it isn't nommed at the end of the day/whenever you leave, you can nom it/take it home with you.

Travel!!!:
Are you coming by train? If yes, do send a link at what time it arrives at Station Stadspolder, so I can be there to pick you up.
Are you coming by car? I'l send you a PM with instructions on how to get here, after you tell me, because I can't read minds.(usually:smalltongue:)

People coming with the train:
Edward
???
???
???
People coming by car:
???
???
???

Lord Herman
2009-08-02, 06:45 AM
Movies:
Herman is bringing The Gamers and The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising???

I will.

The OOTS adventure Game:
Being brought by Herman???

It's rather bulky, so I'll only bring it if we're sure we'll be playing it. It does take about 5 hours to finish, and you can't play with more than 6 people.

Munchkin!:
I think it would be for the best, as said earlier, that one person brings all present versions, so no cards get mixed up.
Pep said he w/could/has pretty much every set of Munchkin, but he has not put himself on the Ye Aulde List yet!
So if Pep sadly isn't coming, hopefully not, then who could bring munchkin + expansion(s)??? Herman???
I have the basic Munchkin, but no expansions.

I have the basic set and all the regular expansions (the latest being Munchkin 7: More Good Cards), in English.

Dice!: I have plenty, ofcourse if you have a lucky set, or if they are shiny, they're welcome too.
Are brought by: DD + ??? personal dice.

I'll bring my own dice; 6 sets, and a super lucky gold-coloured d20.

DM screen: A handy thing! I currently only have a 3.5E DM screen here, so if anybody has a 4E DM screen, feel free to bring it. Posting here would be handy so there aren't multiple ones and you brought unneeded stuff.
Is being brought by: 3.5 by DD, or a 4E by ???

I can bring my homemade 4E DM screen. It's quite pretty, and it's got just about any table you might need.

D&D books: Brought by Herman??? and Ina???

I won't need them myself, but I can bring my PHB and PHB2 for those who are new to 4E.

On the topic of dinner:
We have three choices for you!:
French Fries(patat)
Pizza
Pancakes.

Please select what you want for dinner and if you pick pizza, what kind of stuff you want on it.( Which we might do)

Those are all fine by me. If we're going with pizza, I'd like a Quattro Formaggi. In any case, I'm a vegetarian, so no giant steak for me, please.

For the people staying in the morning:
What kind of bread do you want?
Whitebread?
Brownbread?
Brownbread with seeds?
???

I'd prefer white bread, but brown is fine too.

Travel!!!:
Are you coming by train? If yes, do send a link at what time it arrives at Station Stadspolder, so I can be there to pick you up.
Are you coming by car? I'l send you a PM with instructions on how to get here, after you tell me, because I can't read minds.(usually:smalltongue:)

I'm coming by train.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-03, 10:17 AM
I will.
It's rather bulky, so I'll only bring it if we're sure we'll be playing it. It does take about 5 hours to finish, and you can't play with more than 6 people.

The amount of people coming would fit. Don't think we'll have the time though.:smallfrown:

I have the basic set and all the regular expansions (the latest being Munchkin 7: More Good Cards), in English.

Great. I'm sending a PM to Pepz though, if he's coming or not.

I'll bring my own dice; 6 sets, and a super lucky gold-coloured d20.

Good, I know which one I'l have to steal then.:smallamused::smalltongue:

I can bring my homemade 4E DM screen. It's quite pretty, and it's got just about any table you might need.

Cool.

I won't need them myself, but I can bring my PHB and PHB2 for those who are new to 4E.

I'l need it.:smalltongue: Thenks.

Those are all fine by me. If we're going with pizza, I'd like a Quattro Formaggi. In any case, I'm a vegetarian, so no giant steak for me, please.

I'l try to have a veggie pizza in the house then. If I can't do that, well pancakes and french fries are veggie as far as I'm aware.

I'd prefer white bread, but brown is fine too.

We have white bread in the house, since my brother will only eat white.

I'm coming by train.
Ok.
You'l be coming with the train that comes in at 15:11 then?

Lord Herman
2009-08-03, 10:31 AM
Good, I know which one I'l have to steal then.:smallamused::smalltongue:

Beware the curse of the dice gods! If you should steal their most blessed golden d20, they shall smite you with a thousand natural 1s!

I'l try to have a veggie pizza in the house then. If I can't do that, well pancakes and french fries are veggie as far as I'm aware.

If it's pizza, make it a quattro formaggi or a margherita. Something with just cheese. I'm not too fond of vegetables or mushrooms on my pizza. Pancakes or fries are fine too, of course.

Ok.
You'l be coming with the train that comes in at 15:11 then?

That sounds about right.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-03, 10:36 AM
Beware the curse of the dice gods! If you should steal their most blessed golden d20, they shall smite you with a thousand natural 1s!

Nah, I cut this deal with the dice gods, I make them chainmail dicebags and they won't smite or curse me.:smallsmile:

If it's pizza, make it a quattro formaggi or a margherita. Something with just cheese. I'm not too fond of vegetables or mushrooms on my pizza. Pancakes or fries are fine too, of course.

Umm, not sure if I can have Pizza with just cheese but I'l try. If not, pancakes or fries are there.

That sounds about right.
It's handy to know when I need to be at the trainstation to pick you up.:smalltongue:

InaVegt
2009-08-03, 11:55 AM
People who want me to make a character for them : Tell me roughly what you want to be able to do, what race you want to be, and any other details you deem necessary, and I'll try to make it.

I'll be bringing at least core and the books I used to make characters for people. Additionally, I'll be bringing my laptop (I can provide my own internet if needed), and I have an insider account.

Ichneumon
2009-08-03, 12:37 PM
I'm honored to have received an invitation to join the meetup, but I will have to decline. :smallsmile:

Zweanslord
2009-08-03, 01:51 PM
I would prefer french fries for dinner. Still pondering whether or not to stay for the night, because my travelling time is 2 hours and 40 minutes.. a bit high, if you ask me. So, actually, if it is not too much trouble, I would like to stay the night.. in which case either white or brown bread is fine for breakfast. I will come by train and I think I will come by the station Dordrecht Stadspolders 15:11 too, since it seems to be the starting time then and it will make things easier (well, unless others desire to come in earlier, then I can just shift my time earlier too).

InaVegt
2009-08-03, 02:12 PM
Can I get a list of what everyone is playing?

Zweans - Swordmage
DD - Barbarian

Lord Herman
2009-08-03, 02:40 PM
I'd like to try the monk playtest class, if that's alright.

InaVegt
2009-08-03, 03:11 PM
I'd like to try the monk playtest class, if that's alright.

Striker, right?

Lord Herman
2009-08-03, 03:18 PM
Yes, it's a highly mobile melee striker.

InaVegt
2009-08-03, 03:51 PM
If people could take playing card sized quicksheets of their characters with them, I'd appreciate it. For people I'm making the characters for, I'll take them along.

Quicksheets should include:

-Character name and player
-Race and class
-Ability scores
-HP
-Speed
-Init
-Passive insight/perception
-Defenses

Tiger Duck
2009-08-03, 04:19 PM
I won't be attending this time, just gotten an invite from a friend's birthdayparty on the same day. and 2 years ago there was this girl...

charl
2009-08-05, 08:02 PM
Hello friendly Dutch people.

I am visiting your fine country from the 10th of August to the 16th. However due to a mess up in planning I might need a roof to sleep under between the 13th and the 16th. If any such thing can be arranged I would be a very happy person indeed.

I assure you that I am harmless, and Ina can attest that I am a generally pretty nice person. And at this point I wouldn't be above cleaning or doing dishes or some such for lodging.

Even if it can't though I wouldn't mind meeting up with some nice foreign roleplayers just to talk about the state of today's roleplaying.

You can contact me on these fora quite easily.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours
/Charl

EDIT: I don't need lodging any more.

InaVegt
2009-08-05, 10:10 PM
I assure you that I am harmless,
Are you really?

and Ina can attest that I am a generally pretty nice person.

Okay, point here.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 09:31 AM
People who will stay the night!:

Edward and Herman are currently the only ones staying the night?

I've got a two-person matress(feel free to call dibs:smalltongue:), two one-person matresses and plenty of couches.

Dinner:
Will be said in dutch, because I'm lazy.
Aardappel schijfjes met gepaneerde shnitzel(spelling??), we zullen ook patat en pannekoeken hebben.
Er is pizza, helaas geen vegetarische pizza.

Zweanslord
2009-08-06, 10:55 AM
If possible, I would like to stay the night as well, due to a pretty long travelling time.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 10:58 AM
Sure,

Ye Olde List of People Staying the Night:
Herman
Edward
Zweanslord

Also, there will be noise and stuffs going on from 7:30 AM.

And my parents will wander in sometime in the night/evening.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-06, 11:54 AM
People who will stay the night!:

Edward and Herman are currently the only ones staying the night?

I've got a two-person matress(feel free to call dibs:smalltongue:), two one-person matresses and plenty of couches.

Dinner:
Will be said in dutch, because I'm lazy.
Aardappel schijfjes met gepaneerde shnitzel(spelling??), we zullen ook patat en pannekoeken hebben.
Er is pizza, helaas geen vegetarische pizza.

Hereby calling dibs. Unless others have no comfortable arrangements available, in which case I'll suck it up and use the least hard piece of the floor to lie on. As for food, any of that sounds marvellous, my preference probably going for pizza. (Bedoel je met "aardappelschijfjes" gratin??)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 12:14 PM
No need for the floor, we have plenty of couches, which are far more comfortable then the floor.

Dit bedoel ik met aardappelschijfjes.
http://www.lutosa.be/files/produits/catalogue/assiettes/large/rondellesl.jpg

If that image isn't clear then maybe this is:
Neem aardappelen.
Snij ze in schijfjes.
Bak ze.
Tada.

Ofcourse there's some minor other stuff but those are the main steps.

Also wiki didn't know what Gratin is....Unless you mean frog.:smalleek:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-06, 06:58 PM
This is what I meant:
http://cmgtcontent.ahold.com.kpnis.nl/cmgtcontent/media/000246100/000/000246196_001_FRAL0404098_200.jpg
Another term would be dauphinois.

Anyways, due to be being fed potatoes pretty much every day in my childhood, I try to avoid eating them as much as possible, so I'll go for any other foodsource I'm allowed to tap into.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 04:03 AM
Pancakes and/or pizza it is, for you!

Also Ina told me over msn that she would like to stay the night.

So go argue about who is getting matrasses and who is getting a couch. >.>

Ps. if you take the couch, you get a room all to yourself. >.>

InaVegt
2009-08-07, 05:51 AM
I'll take the couch.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 03:30 PM
Um, scratch the ''room all yourself part'', my dad isn't comfortable with his studyroom being slept in by strangers.

We'l figure it out at the meet-up.

Lord Herman
2009-08-08, 03:43 AM
Do those of us who stay the night need to bring things like sleeping bags or pillows?

Edit: Our characters were supposed to be level 11, right?

Sedracus
2009-08-08, 08:49 AM
Yes, lvl 11 - Sleeping bags and pillows would be kinda helpful if you want to sleep comfortably. So, yes, please do bring them.

I'll be attending too - which is rather logical, since I'm DD's brother.
I will be departing to Leiden sometime during the evening though.

Also, DD... the DM screen.. it's MY [precious! :smallmad:

I might prepare some chicken. If I feel like it ^_^

Yes, I'm 19. No, I'm not coming to pick you up with a car, because... besides the little matter of not having access to the car, there's also the thing about actually being able to drive.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-08, 05:04 PM
Yes, I'm 19. No, I'm not coming to pick you up with a car, because... besides the little matter of not having access to the car, there's also the thing about actually being able to drive.
No worries, I'll drive.

...No, I don't see any practical problems there, why do you ask?

Shush you, I'm not a menace to society when in the vicinity of motorised vehicles.

Lord Herman
2009-08-09, 03:38 AM
According to 9292ov.nl, I'll be arriving at Dordrecht Stadspolders at 14:41. Doesn't seem to be any way for me to arrive at 15:11, as you suggested; it's either 14:41 or an hour later.

Also, it might be a good idea if we exchange phone numbers, just in case someone gets hopelessly lost. I'll send you mine by PM.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 03:50 AM
Ah ok.

Well trains from Dordrecht Centraal - Dordrecht Stadspolders go every 30 minutes, probably somewhere on your trip, there is a train that only goes every hour.
And send.

Also it might be better if people could come with the same train?

Lord Herman
2009-08-09, 03:53 AM
Alright, I found out which train it was. It's the one from Colmschate to Deventer. I'll just get on at Deventer Centraal, then. So I'm arriving at 15:11 after all.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 03:57 AM
Good, means I don't have to walk twice.

*lazy*:smallamused:

Zweanslord
2009-08-09, 04:22 AM
I'll hop on the train arriving at 15:11 at Dordrecht Stadspolders too. Getting on the train at Dordrecht Centraal. Useful to know your telephone number too, DD, just in case, so sending PM after this post. Leaving in about half an hour.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-09, 04:58 AM
I'll hop on the train arriving at 15:11 at Dordrecht Stadspolders too. Getting on the train at Dordrecht Centraal. Useful to know your telephone number too, DD, just in case, so sending PM after this post. Leaving in about half an hour.
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I need way less time than that, and I'm actually coming from abroad :smalltongue:

InaVegt
2009-08-09, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I need way less time than that, and I'm actually coming from abroad :smalltongue:

I'm leaving /right now/ (posting from the train), and I'll arrive around 15:06 at stadspolders. (Taking the bus from centraal is faster.)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 05:40 AM
>< D'oh!

And I think Ina's laptop battery just went dead.

Hopefully she'l call me/just come to station stadspolders...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-10, 07:53 AM
The meetup was a huuuge succes!
Well I had a tonne of fun anyway!:smalltongue:

We'l see who'l write a report.:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-08-10, 10:30 AM
Back home after another great Dutch Meetup. Now excuse me as I fall asleep at my keyboard.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-08-10, 10:56 AM
So, what's going on with the Dutch PbP?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-10, 12:30 PM
Back home after another great Dutch Meetup. Now excuse me as I fall asleep at my keyboard.
Back home after work after another great Dutch Meetup. Now excuse me as I fall asleep at my keyboard.

Zweanslord
2009-08-10, 01:56 PM
Was a great Dutch Meetup indeed! Still interested in Dutch PbP too!

Lubirio
2009-08-20, 05:29 PM
Also if this makes any difference, I'm interested in the next possible Dutch Meetup, and from what I've heard, they've been successful/fun.