PDA

View Full Version : Heartless and other such things (3.5)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 01:40 PM
For the last couple of days, I've been working on homebrewing Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. Sadly, since I don't play D&D yet, I don't know everything (this is especially obvious with the creatures, whom are missing roughly a fourth of the stats), I had to take existing stuff and modify it. Anyway, here's what I have, alot of which needs balancing.

Heartless Type

A Heartless is a strange and enigmatic creature made from the darkness in hearts.

Features:
A Heartless has the following features.
*10 sided Hit Dice
*Base Attack Bonus equal to total Hit Dice (As Fighter)
*Good Will saves
*Skill points (needed)

Traits:
A Heartless has the following traits unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry.
*Darkvision out to 30ft, able to pierce magical darkness out to 10ft
*+4 to Spot and Listen checks on creatures with hearts
*+2 to Hide checks in darkness
*No CON score
*No INT score
*Dark-infused attacks
*Elemental Vulnerability (Light, will be made up if needed)
*A Heartless does not eat, sleep, breathe, or age

Heartless, lacking an INT score, have no alignment and live only by the instinct of collecting hearts. When a creature is brought to -10 health or less by a Dark-infused attack, the Light of the creature will disappear while the darkness will appear in the Realm of Darkness, as a Heartless, the type of which will be chosen by the DM from any type with the same number of Hit Dice not gained from, not counting any the levels of classes which grant Aura of Light, or, in rare cases, apply the Intelligent Heartless template. The body and soul will disappear and go to the Realm of Nothingness and become a Nobody (see Nobody Type).

When a Heartless dies, it fades away into the darkness, and can only be brought back with True Resurrection or a Wish spell.

Additionally, any Heartless may, when not in battle, travel to the Realm of Darkness at will. If a creature's Nobody and Heartless are both destroyed, the creature can be brought back in its normal form.

Intelligent Heartless

This template is applied as described in Heartless Type. The Intelligent Heartless template cannot be inherited, and if a creature with the Intelligent Heartless template has a child, ignore the template when deciding the child's species and templates.

When Intelligent Heartless is applied, the base creature must make a Will save (DC 15) or have its alignment shifted one towards Chaotic. And Intelligent Heartless will also lose all skill levels in any class that grants Aura of Light. The appearance of an Intelligent Heartless will remain roughly the same as the base creature, although it may have darker physical appearance. An Intelligent Heartless can remain Lawful if the Will save is successful, but if it is failed, an Intelligent Heartless can only become Lawful through magical means.

The Intelligent Heartless template has the following bonuses:
*All current and future Hit Die become d10, unless the character has higher Hit Die
*Darkvision to 30 ft, can pierce magical darkness to 10 ft.
*+2 STR, +2 CON, +2 CHA, +2 INT, +2 WIS, +2 DEX
*+2 on saving throws vs. poison
*Immunity to disease
*+1 to AC
*Elemental Vulnerability (Light)
*Dark Powers
*The ability to travel to and traverse the Realm of Darkness at will

Additionally, Intelligent Heartless do not age, but retain all penalties from age already accrued. When an Intelligent Heartless is killed, they fade away completely, and can only be brought back by a Wish spell or True Resurrection. If both a creature's Heartless and Nobody is killed, it can be brought back in its normal form.

Size and Type
The Creature's type changes to Heartless. Its size remains unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.

Hit Dice
All of the base creature's current and future Hit Dice become d10, unless the character has better Hit Die.

Speed
The base creature's speeds remain the same.

Armor Class
Natural armor improves by +2

Attack
An Intelligent Heartless does not gain any extra attacks. However, all natural attacks made by an Intelligent Heartless deal Darkness damage in addition to its normal damage type. All attacks may also deal Darkness damage at the will of the attacker.

Full Attack
An Intelligent Heartless attacks as described in Attack.

Special Qualities
An Intelligent Heartless retains all the special qualities of the base creature, plus immunity to mind-affecting effects. Additionally, an Intelligent Heartless may travel at will to and from the Realm of Darkness up to twice daily as a standard action. When leaving the realm, it may only return to the plane it came from.

An Intelligent Heartless does not age. When an Intelligent Heartless is killed, its body fades away completely. If both a creature's Heartless and Nobody are destroyed, then the character can be resurrected in its original form.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows:
+2 STR, +2 CON, +2 DEX, +2 INT, +2 WIS, +2 CHA

Skills
An Intelligent Heartless gains class skill points as normal, and Racial Skill points as a Heartless.

Environment
Same as the base creature

Challenge Rating
NEEDED

Alignment

Level Adjustment
NEEDED
[/spoiler]

Heartless Type Creature

And this is were most info starts lacking, if you can fill any in, I'd appreciate it very much.

Shadow

Shadows are meant to starts as a kind of Kobold replacement, encountered early, but I also put in three varieties (1, 2, and 3 HD).

{table=head] Stat Name | Stats
Size/Type | Small Heartless
Hit Dice | 1d10
Initiative | -1
Speed | 20 ft (4 squares)
Armor Class | 11 (Touch 11, Flat-Flooted 10)
Base Attack/Grapple | +1/-8
Attack | Claws (+0) 1d4-1
Full Attack | 2 Claws (+0) 1d4-1
Space/Reach | 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attack | None
Special Qualities | Darkvision (30 ft, magical darkness to 10ft), Energy Vulnerability (light)
Saves | Fort, Ref -1, Will +1
Abilities | STR 8 CON DEX 9 CHA 5 INT WIS 14
Skills | ?
Feats | Alertness
Environment | Any (populated)
Organization | None
Challenge Rating | ?
Treasure | Coins
Alignment | None
Advancement | By HD
Level Adjustment | ?
[/table]

Combat
Shadow Sink
Once every five rounds (?) a Shadow can sink into the ground as a standard action. A Shadow that is in the ground can only move at 10ft per round, cannot run, and cannot moves deeper than half a foot from the surface. A Shadow cannot climb walls in this way. At any time after sinking into the ground, as a move action, the Shadow may emerge from the ground as a move action.

Shadow Characters
Shadows are unfit to be played as characters.

Darkball

Size/Type | Medium Heartless
Hit Dice | 2d10 (11)
Initiative | +0
Speed | Flying (Average Maneuverability) 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class | 10 (10 Touch, 10 Flat-Footed)
Base Attack/Grapple | +2/ +0
Attack | Bite (+2) 1d6
Full Attack | Bite (+2) 1d6
Space/Reach | 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attack | ?
Special Qualities | Darkvision (30 ft, magical darkness to 10ft), Energy Vulnerability (light)
Saves | Fort, Ref + 0, Will +1
Abilities | STR 10 CON DEX 10 CHA 5 INT WIS 14
Skills | ?
Feats | Toughness
Environment | Any Populated
Organization | None
Challenge Rating | ?
Treasure | Coins
Alignment | None
Advancement | By HD
Level Adjustment | ?
[/table]

Combat
Gaseous Form
Every six rounds, a Darkball may turn into its Gaseous Form as a standard action. In this form, a Darkball can only move at 15 ft, cannot attack, receives a +2 to AC, and is immune to all damage from weapons, but takes 50% extra damage from magic (100% from light). In this form, a Darkball may occupy the same space as any creature, and any creature sharing its space with a Darkball in gaseous form must make a Fortitude (DC 15) or be Dazed for 1d4 rounds. On the beginning of the Darkball's second turn after taking this form, it will reform. If it reforms in the same area as a same sized creature, both take 1d8 damage and are thrown 5 ft away in opposite directions. If it reforms in the same area as a larger creature, it will take 1d12 damage and be thrown 5 ft back, while the larger creature will take only 1d4 damage. This is reversed if it reforms in the same space as a smaller creature. If the Darkball is hit with wind while in gaseous form, it will be scattered and must spend two full rounds reforming, and will reform in the space it occupied before being scattered.

Darkball Players
Darkballs are unsuitable for playing as.

Neoshadow

Size/Type | Medium Heartless
Hit Dice | 4d10 (22)
Initiative | +1
Speed | 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class | 11 (Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10)
Base Attack/Grapple | +4/+1
Attack | 2 Punches (+5) 2d4
Full Attack | Punch (+5) 2d4
Space/Reach | 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attack | ?
Saves | Fort, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities | STR 13 CON DEX 12 CHA 7 INT WIS 15
Skills | ?
Feats | Alertness, Toughness
Environment | Any (populated)
Organization | None
Challenge Rating | ?
Treasure | Coins
Alignment | None
Advancement | By HD
Level Adjustment | ?
[/table]

Combat
Dark Flurry
After a successful Grapple Check, a Neoshadow may immediately make four Punch attacks with a -4 penalty to its BAB. The grapple is immediately broken afterward.

Dark Spin
Once every six rounds, a Neoshadow may deal a Punch attack to all areas within reach, with a -2 to the Attack Roll. Damage dealt with this attack does 1/2 the normal.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Knaight
2009-05-23, 01:58 PM
I would remove the arbitrary +1 to AC. Its intended to make them tougher, meaning the same thing cold be handled with either Bonus Feat-Improved Toughness(1 extra hit point per hit die), or damage reduction on all heartless. Armor class would be size modifier(so for the tiny guys +2, small guys +1, the medium 0, and the large -1)+ dexterity modifier(dexterity-10/2, round down), +10, +1 if you keep in the +1 to AC.

Shadows are 11/12(with +1 to AC)
Darkballs are 10/11(with +1 to AC)
Neoshadows are 11/12(with +1 to AC)

So give these guys a defection bonus equal to hit dice or something instead of the +1 AC. Right now its very low (that doesn't mean don't have damage reduction or improved toughness). Also the initiative is wrong for the darkball and neoshadow, which should be +0/+1 respectively.

The shadow needs an additional feat for the 3 hit die version, the darkball an additional feat for everybody, and then another for the 3 and 4 hit die version, and the neoshadow needs an additional feat for everybody, and two for the 6 hit die version.

Its 1 feat at 1 hit die, a 2nd at 3, and another every 3 hit dice thereafter.

And I would give heartless d10 or d12 hit dice, right now they are extremely fragile.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 02:11 PM
I was thinking of giving them Damage Reduction, but I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as Damage Reduction (Weapons) and I wasn't sure how it worked. Is it damage reduction (#) reduces every attack of the type by # damage, or reduces # damage until its all used and takes normal damage after wards. The first makes more sense, but I'm not sure.

Also, what'd be a reasonable amount?

Mando Knight
2009-05-23, 02:31 PM
I was thinking of giving them Damage Reduction, but I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as Damage Reduction (Weapons) and I wasn't sure how it worked. Is it damage reduction (#) reduces every attack of the type by # damage, or reduces # damage until its all used and takes normal damage after wards. The first makes more sense, but I'm not sure.

Also, what'd be a reasonable amount?

DR x/(whatever) means that it reduces the damage taken by any attack (other than spells) by x, unless the attack is made using a weapon that qualifies as (whatever). For example, a natural lycanthrope has DR 10/silver, which means that if it is hit by a normal longsword, it will take 10 less damage than normal, but if hit by a silver longsword, it takes the full damage.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 02:35 PM
Ok then, so DR/Light.

But how much would be reasonable?

Siosilvar
2009-05-23, 02:42 PM
Ok then, so DR/Light.

But how much would be reasonable?

"Light" isn't a damage type (though it could be, if you make it), and spells/magic already bypass all damage reduction.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 02:46 PM
Well, being from Kingdom Hearts, I planned on making Light and Dark, shouldn't really be that hard, right? Damage types don't have complex rules, right?

Xefas
2009-05-23, 03:12 PM
Since Damage Reduction only works on physical stuff, I don't think DR 10/Light is really necessary (unless Light is a physical damage type like Slashing or Piercing? :smalleek:). Not to mention Goofy, Leon, Cloud, Tifa, etc harm them just fine without using Light or Magic.

Honestly, the closest you can get to how their invulnerability works in the game is DR 50/Plot. If you have even a little bit of plot importance, you can rip through Heartless like tissue paper. If you're a nameless NPC, you couldn't scratch them by dropping a building on them.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 03:17 PM
Maybe I'll have to do that then :smallamused:

That's why my original plan also had the Damage Reduction ignored if the attackers was within 30 ft of a Keyblade.

Godskook
2009-05-23, 03:29 PM
Gaining DR X*2/magic and X/keyblade, where X is set by the number of heartless levels they have, say ECL/2 + 5. That should be suitable, and would explain why Sora's attacks are useless against them in the beginning of KH, but everywhere he goes, people have weapons who can fight the heartless.

(A keyblade is a magical weapon)

Xefas
2009-05-23, 03:37 PM
Also, two problems with the Heartless 'type'.

No sub-type or template can be applied to a Heartless.

I don't see why this is so. A Red Nocturne, for instance, seems like a good candidate for the [Fire] subtype, as it makes him immune to fire, and take 50% more damage from Cold, which is a pretty good approximation of its elemental vulnerability and resistance in the game.

If the creature has no class levels or a (INT or CON, which is better?) score less than 8(?), it will become a Heartless. Otherwise, and the Intelligent Heartless template to the creature and return it to its original form. (What should happen to the body? I don't have anything down for Nobodies yet.)

People don't become Heartless by being killed by Heartless. They become Heartless by being killed by Dark-based attacks, which devour the Light in their heart. Heartless just happen to deal Dark-type damage with every attack.

The point? Well, Sora is 'killed' by the Dark Keyblade in the first game, not by a Heartless, and he becomes a Heartless anyway. And despite him having 'class levels', he becomes a lowly Shadow.

One becomes an intelligent, self-aware Heartless by giving one's self to the darkness willingly and then being strong enough to not have your mind consumed. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you become one unwillingly.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 03:43 PM
People don't become Heartless by being killed by Heartless. They become Heartless by being killed by Dark-based attacks, which devour the Light in their heart. Heartless just happen to deal Dark-type damage with every attack.

The point? Well, Sora is 'killed' by the Dark Keyblade in the first game, not by a Heartless, and he becomes a Heartless anyway. And despite him having 'class levels', he becomes a lowly Shadow.

One becomes an intelligent, self-aware Heartless by giving one's self to the darkness willingly and then being strong enough to not have your mind consumed. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you become one unwillingly.

You first point is noted and changed, and if you can put the second one into rules form, then I'll probably change it.

Although, that'd probably be an added clause in the Keyblade; Dark Keyblade can create Heartless. I always thought that Sora was slef aware because of the Keyblade though, oh well.

Xefas
2009-05-23, 04:00 PM
Well, D&D already has a form of damage that causes you to rise as a mindless creature when killed by it unless otherwise noted.

From the SRD:

A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain. Depending on the creature that killed her, she may rise the next night as a monster of that kind. If not, she rises as a wight.

Dark-type damage could be similar. If a living creature is brought to -10 hit points or less by Dark damage, its Light is consumed utterly. The Darkness still remaining in its Heart is removed and awakened within the Realm of Darkness as a Heartless. The Heartless is of an appropriate type with hit dice equal to that which they had in life (including class levels). Base classes and Prestige Classes that grant an Aura of Light are not counted for purposes of determining the hit dice of the Heartless created**.

At the same time, the Body and Soul of the slain person dissipates, only to reappear in the Realm of Twilight as a Nobody. If the slain person had 10 class levels or more, their Nobody is free-willed and maintains the look of their former self, as well as all class levels and abilities. If the slain person has less than 10 class levels, they become a lesser Nobody of an appropriate type with hit dice equal to their hit dice prior to being slain (including class levels).

A Wish spell can turn a Heartless back into their original form, though the Nobody persists. Doing so causes the Nobody to maintain feelings born from the Heart that they otherwise wouldn't have.

Raise Dead and similar spells will only function if the specified person's Heartless and Nobody have already been slain.

**= This is to explain things like Sora becoming a weak Shadow when being killed. Your Light is taken away when you become a Heartless so it makes sense that if you're only strong because of the Light, you'd be a weak Heartless. Just snap on an ability called 'Aura of Light' to any Light-based classes that functions similarly to the Paladin's Aura of Good.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 04:08 PM
Xefas, my only question there is Intelligent Heartless. Would it be like Nobodies, and if you have more than 10 (non light based) class levels, you become an Intelligent instead of lesser Heartless?

Otherwise, that's awesome, and will be added into the text.

Xefas
2009-05-23, 04:19 PM
I would say just make Intelligent Heartless a template and apply it as needed by DM discretion.

But if you don't want to go that route (leaving it in the DM's hands), then yes, do it the same way as Nobodies.

The reason I think Intelligent Heartless should be rare and special cases is that we have only 1 definite, though possibly 2 or 3 cases of them existing. But we have 15 definite cases of free-willed Nobodies.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 04:29 PM
Ok, so that's in. It might be a bit awkwardly worded, but that can be fixed easily. Should Intelligent Heartless lose levels in classes that grant Aura of Light, and/or lose access to them, or just change it to Aura of Darkness or... some other solution I can't think of at the moment?

Xefas
2009-05-23, 04:43 PM
I think they should lose levels in those classes, yes. Speaking of which, I'm working on such a base class now.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-23, 05:22 PM
Xefas, you are getting dangerously close to winning an internet.

D_Lord
2009-05-23, 09:28 PM
I have found an old thread that you may be instested in.here it is. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3536150#post3536150)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-24, 02:04 PM
What specifically would I be interested in in that thread? I'm confused.

Also, I added a bit to the table thanks to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43009). If I made a mistake, please point it out. Thanks.

Xefas
2009-05-25, 04:51 PM
The base class I'm working on is almost done. I ended up reworking a few things so it was more customizable (which of course took longer). It's called the Hero of Light, and has three paths; one each for the Station of Serenity choices at the beginning of KH1 - Warrior, Guardian, and Mystic. You follow one path, and forsake another, and it determines in what order and frequency you get to choose abilities from each path. So, following the Guardian, and forsaking the Warrior ends up with you getting lots of passive Guardian abilities, some magical Mystic abilities, and very few destructive Warrior abilities.

I've just been kinda busy what with summer starting and all. Everybody wants your new-found free time for themselves :smallsigh:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-25, 07:15 PM
But i get the most because my name starts with T, right?

No? How about because I'm trying to homebrew Kingdom Hearts?

...because I'll give you a cookie?

Xefas
2009-06-01, 04:14 PM
Sorry it took so long. I don't even feel like I'm done with it yet. It hasn't really been proofread or majorly checked for balance (it has, minorly, at a glance; I didn't just write down random numbers), and I'd like more on the Path Ability lists, honestly.

I found myself, at several points, forcing myself not to deviate from Kingdom Hearts stuff. I tried hard not to, but I think I could do a lot more to make things a bit more D&D-cohesive if I sacrificed some Kingdom Heartsness.

Hero of Light

Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 4 + intelligence modifier (x4 at first level)
Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (The Planes), Listen, Profession, Spot, Tumble

Hero of Light
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2|Aura of Light, Chosen Path, A Ability

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3|B Ability

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+3|A Ability

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4|Valor and Wisdom, Darkness Within

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4|A Ability

6th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+5|
+5|B Ability

7th|
+7/+2|
+2|
+5|
+5|A Ability, Valor and Wisdom

8th|
+8/+3|
+2|
+6|
+6|C Ability

9th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+6|
+6|A Ability

10th|
+10/+5|
+3|
+7|
+7|B Ability

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+3|
+7|
+7|A Ability

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+4|
+8|
+8|Mastery of Forms

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+4|
+8|
+8|A Ability

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+4|
+9|
+9|B Ability

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+5|
+9|
+9|Path Mastery

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+10|
+10|C Ability

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Second Wind

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|B Ability

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Finality[/table]

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Hero of Light is proficient in all simple and martial weapons and with light armor (but not shields).

Aura of Light (Ex): Heroes of Light exude a permanent aura that is invisible to the naked eye but can be detected by those sensitive to such things. Heartless, Nobodies, and any creature with levels in a class that grant an Aura of Light or an Aura of Darkness can detect your Aura simply by being within 20 feet of you +10 feet per character level (ex. 30 feet at 1st level, 200 feet at 18th level). This aura cannot be turned on or off.

Chosen Path: At 1st level, a Hero of Light must choose a path to follow and a path to forsake. The three paths to choose from are the Path of the Warrior, the Path of the Guardian, and the Path of the Mystic.

Those who follow the Warrior gain Destructive Force as their A Ability. Those who follow the Guardian gain Bulwark Within as their A ability. Those who follow the Mystic gain Elemental Essence as their A ability.

Those who forsake the Warrior gain Destructive Force as their C ability. Those who forsake the Guardian gain Bulwark Within as their C ability. Those who forsake the Mystic gain Elemental Essence as their C ability.

If a set of abilities is neither their A nor C ability, it is their B ability. (Example: Following the Guardian and forsaking the Warrior causes Bulwark Within to be their A ability, Elemental Essence to be their B ability, and Destructive Force to be their C ability)

Elemental Essence (Su): During his career, a Hero of Light is invested with the power of one of the elements, granted to him by the Light. He chooses one of the following abilities. Once chosen, the choice cannot be changed. The saving throws for all abilities are equal to 10 + 1/2 the Hero's class level + the Hero's charisma modifier. Each ability can be used as a standard action at-will.

Essence of Fire: A whirling burst of flames rises up in a circle around the Hero, damaging all within 5 feet of him. Those struck take 1d6 fire damage at 1st level, and an additional 1d6 at every 2 levels afterward (2d6 at 3rd level, 3d6 at 5th level). In addition, they must make a Fortitude saving throw or be unable to make Attacks of Opportunity for 1 round.

Essence of Blizzard: Icy shards fly forth and grasp a single foe within 30ft in a frigid veil, dealing 1d6 cold damage at 1st level, and an additional 1d6 at every 2 levels afterward. In addition, they must make a Reflex saving throw or have all their movement speeds reduced by half for 1 round.

Essence of Thunder: Pulses of electricity fall upon a group of enemies in a 10 foot radius, the center of which must be within 40feet, dealing 1d6 electricity damage at 1st level, and an additional 1d6 at every 2 levels afterward. In addition, creatures that are not on the ground (i.e. flying or levitating) must make a Reflex saving throw or take double damage.

Essence of Cure: Positive Energy permeates a single creature within 10 feet, mending wounds with its power. The target gains Fast Healing 1 for 5 rounds, and an additional Fast Healing 1 at every 2 levels afterward (Fast Healing 2 at 3rd level, Fast Healing 3 at 5th, etc).

Essence of Aero: Protective Winds incase an ally within 10 feet for 5 rounds. All ranged attack rolls (including magical ones, such as Scorching Ray) made against the protected person take a -1 penalty, and an additional -1 penalty at every 2 levels afterward (-2 at 3rd level, -3 at 5th level). In addition, any creature striking the target with a melee attack must make a Reflex saving throw or take 1 slashing damage, with an additional 2 damage at every 2 levels afterward (3 damage at 3rd level, 5 damage at 5th level).

Essence of Gravity: The pull of gravity intensifies greatly in a 10 foot radius, the center of which must be within 40 feet. All creature in the radius must make a Fortitude saving throw or lose 1/4th of their current hit points (not maximum). Creatures not in contact with the ground take no damage, but are immediately pulled 50 feet towards the ground, stopping if they come in contact with it. If they do come in contact with the ground in this way, they must then make a Fortitude saving throw or not be able to ascend from the ground for 1 round.

Essence of Time: The very force of Time itself conspires to halt a creature within 30 feet in its tracks. The target must make a Will saving throw or be Dazed for 1 round and also effected as if by a feather fall spell.

Destructive Force (Su): The Light destroys the wicked, and a champion of the Light invests this supernatural force into his martial forms with devastating results. He chooses one of the following abilities. Once chosen, the choice cannot be changed. The saving throws for all abilities are equal to 10 + 1/2 the Hero's class level + the Hero's charisma modifier. Each ability can be used as a full-round action at-will.

Sonic Blade: The Hero charges forth, wreathed in energy, turning aside all opposition. He chooses a target (which can be an empty square) within 20 feet + 5 feet per 2 class levels, and charges it (as the charge action), except that he may charge through difficult terrain and through squares occupied by other creatures. During the charge, the Hero does not take damage (from Attacks of Opportunity, or incidental things like a Wall of Fire spell), ignores difficult terrain, and does not change altitude (so he could, for instance, charge across a 10foot chasm). The Hero makes a melee attack at his highest attack bonus against his intended target and every creature whose square he moved through during the charge, and every creature who occupied a square adjacent to a square he moved through, dealing damage as normal.

Strike Raid: With a rapid-fire pace, the Hero flings his weapon like a boomerang. He makes a full-attack action with a melee weapon, except that each of his attacks may be against targets within 30feet.

Shock Impact: A wave of pure force flies forth from the Hero's weapon as he swings it in a wide horizontal arc in front of him. Make a trip attempt against every foe in a 15ft radius semi-circle on one side of the Hero. If the Hero fails one of the trip attempts, the foe cannot attempt to trip him back.

Ars Arcanum: Energy surges forth from the Hero, empowering his attacks. For the next 10 rounds, all attacks he makes with a melee weapon ignore a number of points of damage reduction equal to his charisma modifier.

Zantetsuken: Spellcasters funnel the magic of the cosmos through their body. With the right application of force, the Light can cut the connection between magic and caster, rendering them powerless for a limited period of time. As part of this ability, the Hero makes a single melee attack. If it hits, the target loses access to its highest level of spells available or its highest level spell-like ability for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 the Hero's charisma modifier. Additionally, the target must make a Fortitude saving throw or lose access to them for 24 hours.

Sliding Dash: Once per encounter, a Hero can put on a burst of speed to reposition himself on the battlefield. As a swift action, he moves up to his speed, ignoring difficult terrain and attacks of opportunity as he does so. In addition, any melee attacks made in the same round as a Sliding Dash gain a bonus to their attack rolls equal to the Hero's charisma modifier.

Vortex: The Hero spins his weapon, creating a powerful pull of Light that draws in all enemies up to 20 feet. Enemies in range must make a Will save or be pulled adjacent to the Hero. If there is not enough room, they are pulled as far as possible. The Hero then makes a melee attack at their highest attack bonus against all enemies adjacent to him.

Bulwark Within (Ex): To begin spreading the Light, one must first master it within themselves. The Hero of Light chooses one of the following abilities. Once chosen, the choice cannot be changed. These abilities are always active.

Scan: The Hero can read his opponents with superhuman accuracy. He instinctively knows the exact hit point total of all enemies within 30 feet as well as any damage reduction they possess. In addition, he gains a +4 bonus on the confirmation roll for a critical hit against enemies within 30 feet.

Ambidexterity: Operating in perfect sync, the Hero's arms are trained to use two weapons simultaneously with the same grace and precision as one. He gains two-weapon fighting as a bonus feat. In addition, one-handed weapons are treated as light-weapons for the purposes of fighting with two weapons. At 3rd level, the penalties the Hero takes for two-weapon fighting are reduced by 2.

Touch of Destiny: The Light wards the Hero against harm, that he may one day fulfill his true destiny. He gains a deflection bonus to his armor class equal to his charisma modifier, up to a maximum of his class level.

Dodge Roll: With lightning reflexes, the Hero can fling himself to the side, avoiding an attack altogether. Once per encounter, as an immediate action, he may move 10 feet in any direction. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this was used in response to an attack that required an attack roll, that attack misses. If the Hero uses this in response to a spell being cast with him as the target, the spell misses. If the Hero uses this in response to a spell being cast with an area of effect, and he moves out of the area of effect with this movement, he is not effected by the spell.

Second Chance: The Hero's life force is braced to his physical form by the Light, making it difficult to wrench from its position. Once per day, when the Hero would be brought below 1 hit point, or killed outright by an effect, he is instead left with 1 hit point. In addition, natural 1s no longer mean automatic failure for the Hero on any roll.

Cheer: Magic and Light are both fundamental powers interwoven throughout the multiverse. With the right motivation, one can be made to bolster the other. Allies (but not the Hero) within 30 feet of the Hero gain a bonus to their caster level for the purposes of overcoming Spell Resistance equal to the Hero's charisma modifier. In addition, Conjuration spells with the Healing subtype cast on allies within 30 feet heal for an additional amount equal to the caster's level.

Heart Bond: Once per day, the Hero may form a bond between himself and one ally within 60 feet for 24 hours. The bond only functions as long as the ally is within 60 feet. Whenever the ally takes damage, the Hero may reduce their damage taken by 1/2, and instead have that damage be dealt to himself. This transferred damage cannot be mitigated by any means. In addition, any beneficial spells cast on the Hero also effect their bonded ally, but only at 1/2 the duration.

Valor and Wisdom (Su): At 4th level, the Hero learns to temporarily awaken the Light in his heart, making it visibly manifest and confer upon him incredible power. He must choose either to learn the Form of Valor or the Form of Wisdom. The Form he does not choose at 4th level, he learns at 7th level. He can enter each form once per day, and they last for a number of minutes equal to the Hero's charisma modifier.

When the Hero enters Valor Form, he may choose 1 Destructive Force ability he does not already know. He can use that ability for the duration of that transformation. All Destructive Force abilities that usually take a full-round action only take a standard action, and Sliding Dash can be used at will. While in Valor Form, the Hero gives off bright red light and cannot use Elemental Essence abilities or any spells or spell-like abilities granted from other classes.

When the Hero enters Wisdom Form, he may choose 1 Elemental Essence ability he does not already know. He can use that ability for the duration of that transformation. Each Elemental Essence ability he knows has new functionality. The radius of Essence of Fire, Essence of Thunder, and Essence of Gravity is doubled. Essence of Blizzard now hits a 30ft cone in front of the Hero, rather than a single target. Essence of Cure and Essence of Aero are now cast on all allies within 20 feet. Essence of Time can now Paralyze instead of Dazing, at the Hero's choice. While in Wisdom Form, the Hero gives off bright blue light and cannot use Destructive Force abilities or any Martial Maneuvers granted from other classes.

Darkness Within (Su): For every force, there must be a balance. To generate such great Light within oneself, such as by use of the Valor, Wisdom, or Master forms, also generates a certain amount of Darkness to balance. Each time the Hero enters their Valor or Wisdom forms, they gain 1 Dark Point. Each time the Hero enters their Master or Final Form, they gain 2 Dark Points.

When the Hero attempts to enter their Valor, Wisdom, or Master Forms, roll a d20. If the number rolled is equal to or less than the number of Dark Points the Hero has, they do not enter that form, and instead awaken their Antithesis Form (entering Final Form never incurs a chance to instead enter Anti-Form).

While in their Anti-Form, the Hero appears to be a Heartless, with bright yellow eyes, and velvety black skin, hair, and clothing. Weapons that specifically work on Heartless (such as a Heartless-bane Sword) have full effect on a Hero in Anti-Form. The Hero loses proficiency with all weapons (except natural weapons), but gains a pair of claws that deal slashing damage based on his size (1d4 for small Heroes, 1d6 for medium, 1d8 for large) plus his strength bonus, plus 3d6 Dark-type damage. His claws also gain a bonus on all attack rolls equal to the Hero's charisma modifier. The Hero can make iterative attacks with his claws (unlike most natural attacks), and can use both simultaneously as if he were two-weapon fighting, if he chooses to.

The Anti-Form lasts for a number of minutes equal to the Hero's charisma modifier. For the duration, he cannot use class features from any classes he has, but his movements speeds are doubled, he can move at full speed along walls and ceilings (and cling to them without problem), leap a number of feet equal to his new speed as a move action, and fall slower than normal, as if under the effects of a feather fall spell, at his choice.

In Anti-Form, the Hero is healed only half the normal amount from Conjuration (Healing) effects, and takes 50% more damage from all sources. After entering Anti-Form, the Hero's Dark Points are reset to 0.

Mastery of Forms (Su): At 12th level, the Hero has mastered the process of awakening the Light from his heart to change forms. Once per day, when the Hero would change into Valor Form or Wisdom Form, he may instead change into Master Form.

While in Master Form, the Hero shines with the brilliant golden light and has the benefits of both Valor and Wisdom Form, but not the drawbacks (he may still use Elemental Essence, Destructive Force, spells, spell-like abilities, and maneuvers). Master Form lasts for a number of minutes equal to the Hero's charisma modifier.

Path Mastery: At 15th level, the Hero has mastered his chosen Path, and gains one final ability to mark its end.

If the Hero chose the Warrior and forsook the Guardian, he gains Element Raid (Su). When he uses his Strike Raid ability, the first target hit is also the target of an Elemental Essence of the Hero's choice. This counts as a Destructive Force ability.

If the Hero chose the Warrior and forsook the Mystic, he gains Knight's Vortex (Su). Enemies who fail their Will save against the Hero's Vortex ability suffer a penalty on all attack and damage rolls against the Hero's allies (but not the Hero himself) equal to the Hero's charisma modifier for 5 rounds.

If the Hero chose the Guardian, and forsook the Warrior, he gains Inexorable Bond (Ex). The target of his Heart's Bond ability gains the Hero's Second Chance, Dodge Roll, and Touch of Destiny abilities. In addition, beneficial spells cast on the Hero have their full duration for his bonded ally, and the Hero's Essence of Cure and Essence of Aero count as spells (instead of supernatural abilities) for the purposes of Heart Bond.

If the Hero chose the Guardian, and forsook the Mystic, he gains Trinity Limit (Su). As a standard action, when he is adjacent to at least two willing allies, the Hero links their hearts momentarily and unleashes a wave of pure energy from their union. All enemies within 10 feet take 1d6 points of damage per class level of the Hero with a Reflex save allowed for half damage.

If the Hero chose the Mystic, and forsook the Warrior, he gains Leaf Veil (Su). The target of his Essence of Cure ability gains Damage Reduction 5/- and Spell Resistance equal to the Hero's class level + 10 for the duration.

If the Hero chose the Mystic and forsook the Guardian, he gains Ragnarok (Su). As a full-round action, the Hero may fire a cluster of bolts made of pure Light; one bolt per two class levels. Each bolt deals 1d10 damage and requires a ranged touch attack. Each bolt may be targeted separately, but all targets must be within 30 feet.

Second Wind (Su): At 17th level, the Hero is a beacon of Light so bright that is pierces the veil of death. Once per day, as a standard action, the Hero may raise a creature within 10 feet from the dead as long as they have been dead no longer than 1 round. The raised creature suffers no penalties, and their health is replenished to one half their normal maximum. The effected target is also allowed an additional saving throw against every current ongoing negative effect that allows a save that is still on them, such as poison, diseases, or spell effects.

Finality (Su): At 20th level, a Hero is so suffused with Light that he may manifest the Final Form. Once per day, when he would go into Valor or Wisdom form, he may instead enter Final Form.

In Final Form, the Hero shines with a pure white light so bright that it is painful to look directly upon, brightening all that surrounds him. He gains the benefit of both Valor and Wisdom Form, but not the drawbacks (he may still use Elemental Essence, Destructive Force, spells, spell-like abilities, and maneuvers), a flight speed equal to three times his base land speed with perfect maneuverability, and he may take an additional Standard Action every turn.

Final Form lasts for a number of rounds (not minutes) equal to the Hero's charisma modifier.

Darksword
2009-06-01, 04:31 PM
O khD20. Once long ago, on wotc fourms, their was a project called khd20.
We worked for many hours, days, etc. And well we never, finished...........
but here is the fourm
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=715750
it would take time to find everything, but just brosw.
I also have more things on my usb, I can give it to u if want,

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-01, 04:38 PM
@Xefas: Zomg, that class sounds epic. I need to play it. You did good; well worth the relatively short wait.

@Darksword: I wouldn't want to take everything that you worked on, but if you can contribute here or there, that'd be nice. Maybe make the Keyblade? Or another Heartless?

Emong
2009-06-01, 05:25 PM
@Xefas:

I'll leave the mechanical stuff the the more experienced, but I have noticed a few things that bare correcting.

To start with it needs to be stated in the descriptions of Final Form and Master Form that you can use all of your class abilities while those powers are active (as written you can't use Destructive Force or Elemental Essence in those forms.)

Also does Wisdom Form double the affected area of Thunder and Gravity or how far away the affected area can be centered (or both?).

Xefas
2009-06-01, 05:39 PM
@Xefas:
To start with it needs to be stated in the descriptions of Final Form and Master Form that you can use all of your class abilities while those powers are active (as written you can't use Destructive Force or Elemental Essence in those forms.)

That's a damn good catch. I'll go and edit that in a second. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Also does Wisdom Form double the affected area of Thunder and Gravity or how far away the affected area can be centered (or both?).

My first rendition of Wisdom just said "Area", but I thought that it might cause confusion as you're stating above. That's why I had it say "Radius", so it would be a little more clear that it's the size of the area, and not how far the area can be centered away.

But, since it seems it's still not clear, I'll have to come up with another way to phrase it.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-01, 06:04 PM
Now that I consider it, unless there's a balance issue, shouldn't there be Medium Armor Proficiency too, as the knights from Birth by Sleep wear at least that?

Xefas
2009-06-01, 06:56 PM
I would put Terra, Aqua, and Ventus' armor at Heavy, definitely. But I would also say they either took the Medium and Heavy armor proficiencies, or have a Prestige Class.

I mean, have you seen the fight with the Enigmatic Soldier? Definitely prestige class stuff. He turns his keyblade into a whip, a cannon, a snowmobile, and several other contraptions.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-01, 07:27 PM
I would put Terra, Aqua, and Ventus' armor at Heavy, definitely. But I would also say they either took the Medium and Heavy armor proficiencies, or have a Prestige Class.

I mean, have you seen the fight with the Enigmatic Soldier? Definitely prestige class stuff. He turns his keyblade into a whip, a cannon, a snowmobile, and several other contraptions.

Prestige Class: Keyblade Warrior EXTREME

1st Level: You can turn your Keyblade into anything; a robot, a whip, an asteroid, a T-rex... nothing's off limits!

Well, obviously not that, but yeah, prestige class'd be cool too. Then again, at this moment, Nobodies are a higher priority, as are getting the missing bits of info for the 3 Heartless I've made.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-02, 06:35 AM
Quick note, I'm gonna try to make the Keyblade today during school (When I should be preparing for my finals tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday :smallamused:)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-04, 07:22 PM
Hey guys, I made quite a few things in school, the Keyblade, Nobodies, the Realms of Darkness and Nothingness. I'm also thinking of getting rid of Heartless levels.

Keyblade

{table=head] Cost | Damage (Small) | Damage (Medium) | Crit | Range Increment | Weight | Type
--- | 1d8 | 1d10 | 19-20 (x2) | --- | 5 lbs | Piercing or Slashing[/table]

Keyblades cannot be created, and instead come into existence when needed to balance Light and Dark, and appear only to those with a pure heart of either Light or Dark depending on its alliance. Once a Keyblade chooses its wielder, it will remain loyal to him unless he changes his alignment in the battle of Light and Dark. A Keyblade will deal damage with either Light or Dark depending on its alignment.

A Keyblade wielder may, at any time, choose to 'dismiss' his Keyblade as an instant action. The Keyblade disappears into a separate dimension, unreachable by all but the most powerful of spells. At any time, he may also recall the Keyblade, as a move action. It will appear in his hands and for purposes of Attacks of Opportunity and threatening, it counts as drawing a weapon.

Any person who wields a Keyblade is considered to be using a set of masterwork thieves' tools when picking locks, and can treat Open Lock as a class skill. If the wielder already has Open Lock as a class skill, he instead gains an extra +2 bonus on his Open Lock checks.

Nobody Type

Features:
*12 sided Hit Die
*Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Die (As Fighter)
*Good Reflex Saves
*Skill points equal to (NEEDED)

Traits:
*+4 on saving throws against mind affecting abilities
*+2 on Spot, Listen, and Move Silently checks
*Vulnerable to Energy (Light)
*Nobodies do not eat, sleep, breathe, age, or breed
*The ability to enter and leave the Realms of Darkness and Nothingness at will.

When a creature is brought to -10 HP by a dark attack, the Heart is released from the body, travels to the Realm of Darkness, and becomes a Heartless, while the body travels to the Realm of Nothingness and becomes a Nobody. The type of Nobody created depends on Hit Dice, if the creature had less than ten, not counting class levels in classes that grant Aura of Light or Aura of Darkness, it become a normal Heartless with a similar Hit Dice level, but if the creature had more than 10 Hit Dice, it becomes an Intelligent Nobody.

Intelligent Nobody

Size and Type
The Creature's type changes to Nobody. Its size remains unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.

Hit Dice
All of the base creature's current and future Hit Dice become d12.

Speed
The base creature's speeds remain the same.

Armor Class
Natural armor improves by +2

Attack
An Intelligent Nobody does not gain any extra attacks, and attacks normally.

Full Attack
An Intelligent Nobody attacks normally.

Special Qualities
An Intelligent Nobody retains all the special qualities of the base creature, plus immunity to mind-affecting effects. Additionally, an Intelligent Nobody may travel at will to and from the Realms of Darkness and Nothingness up to twice daily as a standard action. When leaving either realm, it may only return to the plane it came from.

Additionally, Intelligent Nobodies gain Soul Weapons.

Soul Weapon (Su)

Intelligent Nobodies are capable of calling forth a piece of their soul in the form of a unique weapon. The form of the weapon is chosen when the Nobody is created and cannot be changed afterward. The form may be of either one 2 handed weapon, two 1 handed weapons, or an appropriate number of thrown weapons for their intended purpose. It is always a masterwork version of the chosen weapon. No matter the form, the Nobody is always proficient with it and gains Weapon Focus for that particular weapon as a bonus feat. As a swift action, the Nobody may cause their soul weapon to vanish, or reappear in their hands. If a soul weapon is destroyed, the Nobody may simply resummon it.

In a 24-hour long ritual that involves draining the magical essence from pre-existing magical items, a Nobody may accumulate a virtual pool of Gold Piece value, and use it to awaken powers within their soul weapon.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows:
+2 STR, +2 CON, +2 DEX, +2 INT, +2 WIS, +2 CHA

Skills
An Intelligent Nobody gains class skill points as normal, and Racial Skill points as a Nobody.

Environment

Challenge Rating
NEEDED

Alignment

Level Adjustment
NEEDED

The Realms of Darkness and Nothingness

Darkness
All Heartless, Intelligent Heartless, Nobodies, and Intelligent Nobodies can enter and traverse the Realm of Darkness at will. The Realm of Darkness is an empty void, filled only with Darkness. Nobodies usually only use it for travel, Heartless often return here to heal, and gain Quick Healing 2 when in the realm.

Every place in the Realm of Darkness corresponds to a specific place in the destination plane when attempting to leave, but because of the sporadic nature of the realm, only creatures who can travel in the realm at will can arrive at the place they wish to, and it will always take 3 days, not matter where the destination is. A creature who cannot travel the realm at will will take 5 days to reach any specific destination, and can not arrive withing 1d5 x 100 miles of its intended destination.

If a creature that cannot travel the realm at will arrives in the realm, they will be able to act normally for 1d4 hours per Hit Die. After this time is up, the creature must either decide to accept or reject the Darkness. A creature with no Intelligence will automatically reject the Darkness. Any creature that accepts the darkness will be panicked for 2d4 days, and during this time, will not be attacked by Heartless (but may be attacked by passing Nobodies, Intelligent Nobodies, Intelligent Heartless, or other creatures). At the end of this time, the character will return to normal and receive a permanent +2 to his Wisdom score, an Aura of Darkness out to 30ft, the ability to travel the realm freely and enter the realm at any time as a standard action, and all natural weapons do Dark damage. If they resist the darkness, they must make a DC 10 (+1 per failure) every hour or be sickened and exhausted. Once this happens, he must make a DC 15 (+1 per failure) Will save daily. If he fails, and has less than 10 Hit Dice (not counting the Hit Dice granted by classes with Aura of Light) he will become a Heartless. If he has more than 10 Hit Dice, he gains an Aura of Darkness out to 30 ft, the ability to traverse the realm freely, enter and leave it at any time as a standard action, and takes a -2 penalty on all future Will saves. A creature that had Aura of Dark before this but could not traverse the realm will not receive the penalty.

Nothingness
All Nobodies and Intelligent Nobodies may enter and traverse the Realm of Nothingness at will, and Nobodies often escape here to heal after battle. Nobodies gain Quick Healing +2 while in the realm. The Realm of Nothingness is truly a realm filled with nothingness, yet somehow still existing. All points in the Realm of Nothingness are separate from the points in other planes, but one who can freely travel between this realm and others may appear within 2d4 x 10 miles of any point one could normally teleport to when leaving the realm. Any being who cannot will appear 2d4 x 100 miles outside of their intended destination when leaving.

When a creature who cannot travel the realm at will enters, he may act normally for 1d4 hours per Hit Dice. After this time is up, he must choose to either accept or resits the nothingness. Creatures without an Intelligence score always resist the nothingness. If the creature accepts the Nothingness, its heart is devoured and it becomes a Nobody or Intelligent Nobody like normal. If he resists, he must make a DC 10 (+1 per failure) Will save every hour, or permanently lose one Hit Die. Succeeding does not reset the DC. Once a creature loses its last Hit Die, its heart is devoured and it becomes a Creeper. Any Nobody or Intelligent Nobody created in this way cannot be revived in its normal form through resurrection spells; only Wish spells.

I also have some Nobody creatures created, but these need a bit of fine tuning.

Burley
2009-06-05, 08:37 AM
Just a note to think about, and something I'm requesting:

You mention that a keyblade can't be created and just pops up. I thought that for a while, too... Except that Riku makes a keyblade. Twice. Once is the dark keyblade in the first game, and the second is the super girly one in the second game, which he gives to Kairi to flail about with (cause she thinks she's invincible like her voice actor).

Also, any clause for keychains? How're those gonna work?
What about drive forms? I imagine 3 level PrCs...

Drglenn
2009-06-05, 10:23 AM
This concept would work quite well in 4th ed, you could have basic attacks as at-will powers, the advanced keyblade techniques could be encounter powers, and the drive forms etc could be daily powers

example for hero of light:
Role: Striker (Elements of other roles)
Power Source: Light
Key Abilites: Strength, Charisma, Constitution

Armour Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather
Weapon Proficiences: Simple Melee, Martial Melee
Implements: Keyblade
Defence Bonus: See below (+2 Fort or +2 Will)

Hit points gained at first level: 15 + Constitution Score
Hit points per level gained: 6
Healing surges per day: 6 + Constitution Modifier

Trained Skills: 3 from Athletics (Str), Acrobatics (Dex), Arcana (int), Intimidate (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Streetwise (Cha)

Build Options: Sword of Destruction, Shield of Protection, Staff of Magic
Class Features: Path, Keyblade mastery

Making a Hero of Light

Sword of Destruction
You specalise in melee attacks with your keyblade, Strength will maximise the accuracy and power of your attacks, Constitution Gives you more hit points

Suggested Feat: ?
Suggested Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Streetwise
Suggested Path: Sword of Destruction
Suggested At-Will Powers: Strike, Sweep
Suggested Encounter Power: Strike Raid
Suggested Daily Power: Valour Form

Sheild of Protection
You specalise in defending others from attacks, Constitution gives you more hit points and better ability to protect allies, Strength will maximise the accuracy and power of your attacks

Suggested Skills: Athletics, Diplomacy, Intimidate
Suggested Path: Shield of Protection
Suggested At-Will Powers: Strike, Defend
Suggested Encounter Power: Heartfelt Retribution
Suggested Daily Power: ?

Staff of Magic
You specalise in blasting away your enemies with magic, Charisma wil maximise the power and accuracy of your attacks, Constitution gives you more hit points

Suggested Skills: Arcana, Diplomacy, Streetwise
Suggested Path: Staff of Magic
Suggested At-Will Powers: Fire, Blizzard
Suggested Encounter Power: Thunder
Suggested Daily Power: Summon Simba

Implements
Keyblade, Without the keyblade a Hero of Light can still use his powers

Hero of Light Class Features
Path
At first level the Hero of Light must chose the following path, this will determine his bonus defence

Sword of Destruction
Bonus defence: +2 Fort
Special Ability: ?

Shield of Protection
Bonus defence: +2 Fort

Staff of Magic
Bonus defence: +2 Will

Keyblade Mastery
The Hero of Light gains +1 to all attack rolls when using a Keyblade

Level 1 At Will Powers

Blizzard Hero of Light Attack 1
At-Will * Implement, Cold
Standard Action Close blast 3
Target: All enemies in Blast
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier cold damage, and the target makes a saving throw or is slowed for 1 round

Defend Hero of Light Attack 1
At-Will * Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength Modifier damage, and the target is marked for 1+Constitution modifier rounds

Fire Hero of Light Attack 1
At-Will * Implement, Fire
Standard Action Ranged 15
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier fire damage

Strike Hero of Light Attack 1
At-Will * Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modfiier damage, you push the target 1 square, you may shift into the target's previous space

Sweep Hero of Light Attack 1
At-Will * Weapon
Hit: 1[W] damage, Make a secondary attack
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC Melee weapon
Secondary Target:: One creature other than the primary target
Hit: 1[W] damage

Other stuff my be added soon

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-05, 12:02 PM
Just a note to think about, and something I'm requesting:

You mention that a keyblade can't be created and just pops up. I thought that for a while, too... Except that Riku makes a keyblade. Twice. Once is the dark keyblade in the first game, and the second is the super girly one in the second game, which he gives to Kairi to flail about with (cause she thinks she's invincible like her voice actor).

Also, any clause for keychains? How're those gonna work?
What about drive forms? I imagine 3 level PrCs...

The way I saw it, Riku just had Kairi's Keyblade, and gave it to he rather than created it. And the one he created before, the dark one, was a fake, so those'd have completely different rules. I personally am not interested in fake Keyblades, so somebody else would have to make those if anyone did.

I personally have no idea about Keychains, I figured that Keyblades are all the same strength, just look different/have different spreads for their power, and only scale in the games for balance reasons.

And if you look back a bit in the thread, you'll notice Drive Forms are covered by the Hero of Light the awesome Xefas created.

@ Drglenn; sorry, I know nothing at all about 4.e, and what I know about 3.5 I gathered from reading the SRD. If you want to make this all in 4th Edition, you'll need to find somebody else.

Drglenn
2009-06-05, 12:45 PM
OK, i'll see what I can do for the 4e stuff. May need some help from someone.

Also, just want to point out that the basic shadow heartless should be small size rather than tiny, in the game they are about half the size of Sora etc. (who are medium), Tiny is about the size of a cat and they are definitely bigger than that

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-06, 08:16 PM
Also, just want to point out that the basic shadow heartless should be small size rather than tiny, in the game they are about half the size of Sora etc. (who are medium), Tiny is about the size of a cat and they are definitely bigger than that

Ok, I'll fix that latter when I get a bit less lazy. I need to touch up a bit of the Heartless stuff anyway to match the new Nobody stuff.

Burley
2009-06-09, 07:11 AM
The way I saw it, Riku just had Kairi's Keyblade, and gave it to he rather than created it. And the one he created before, the dark one, was a fake, so those'd have completely different rules. I personally am not interested in fake Keyblades, so somebody else would have to make those if anyone did.

I personally have no idea about Keychains, I figured that Keyblades are all the same strength, just look different/have different spreads for their power, and only scale in the games for balance reasons.

And if you look back a bit in the thread, you'll notice Drive Forms are covered by the Hero of Light the awesome Xefas created.

@ Drglenn; sorry, I know nothing at all about 4.e, and what I know about 3.5 I gathered from reading the SRD. If you want to make this all in 4th Edition, you'll need to find somebody else.

Yeah. Keyblades definately all have a strength and magic bonus.

I suggest using this (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Keyblade)site to help you.
I'm not to great with homebrew, but I know darn near everything about Kingdom Hearts. I highly suggest you check out things like the black cloak (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Cloak) for new items.

Xefas
2009-06-09, 09:46 AM
I'm not to great with homebrew, but I know darn near everything about Kingdom Hearts. I highly suggest you check out things like the black cloak (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Cloak) for new items.

The Black Cloaks of the Organization

True to its name, a Black Cloak appears as a thick black outfit covering the entire body. With its intent to conceal, it is equipped with long sleeves, a hood, and a zipper capable of pulling the cloak down to cover the lower legs. It is quite warm, aside from its magical properties, and can serve as clothing in cold weather climates.

Black Cloaks are used primarily by the Organization, giving it its name, though only because of its magical concealing properties. Anyone may make use of one if they do not wish to be found.

Primarily, a Black Cloak wards the wearer against any and all divination spells used on them or an item in their possession. Any spellcaster wishing to use a divination spell on them must first succeed at a DC 20 caster level check, or their spell automatically fails. In addition, while under the effects of the Cloak, the wearer's Aura of Light or Aura of Darkness is shrouded and cannot be detected.

Moderate Abjuration; CL 9; Craft Wondrous Item, nondetection; Price 42,000gp

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-18, 11:21 AM
Wow, its been so long... before I put up something I planned on adding to the Intelligent Nobodies, a few points:

Still thinking about axing the Heartless Levels. Any comments?
Also thinking about giving Heartless Constitution scores; I don't remember why I didn't in the first place.
The Elemental Essences in the Hero of Light, are those a bit over powered for at-will? Free constant healing?

Anyway, something I thought of adding to Intelligent Nobodies, to make up for the fact that they don't get as much as Intelligent Heartless:

Intelligent Nobodies often fight with weapons that have personality, and may exchange one Weapon Proficiency, Focus, and Greater Focus each for the same in an Exotic Weapon. This must be done when the Intelligent Nobody template is applied.

Also, I was thinking of writing up some Elemental Powers thing for them.

Xefas
2009-06-18, 03:13 PM
Still thinking about axing the Heartless Levels. Any comments?

Yes. Do it. S'good idea.

Also thinking about giving Heartless Constitution scores; I don't remember why I didn't in the first place.

You might've been comparing them to Golems or Undead, who have no Constitution because they're not alive and have no flesh or blood. Heartless are also not "alive" in the traditional sense and have no flesh or blood.

The Elemental Essences in the Hero of Light, are those a bit over powered for at-will? Free constant healing?

If free constant (albeit godawfully slow) healing is the problem, think of it more as reducing the party's downtime. It isn't incredibly helpful in a combat situation above the early (1-5ish) levels. I mean, who cares overly much about an extra 4hp at level 10 when you're already getting hit for 50ish every round. Essence of Cure's real helpfulness is spending a class feature to make it so the party doesn't have to sleep every 2 hours so the party Cleric can get his Cure Wounds spells back or waste money on a Wand of Cure Minor Wounds with infinite charges.

Intelligent Nobodies often fight with weapons that have personality, and may exchange one Weapon Proficiency, Focus, and Greater Focus each for the same in an Exotic Weapon. This must be done when the Intelligent Nobody template is applied.

I would just have an ability like:

Soul Weapon (Su)
Intelligent Nobodies are capable of calling forth a piece of their soul in the form of a unique weapon. The form of the weapon is chosen when the Nobody is created and cannot be changed afterward. The form may be of either one 2 handed weapon, two 1 handed weapons, or an appropriate number of thrown weapons for their intended purpose. It is always a masterwork version of the chosen weapon. No matter the form, the Nobody is always proficient with it and gains Weapon Focus for that particular weapon as a bonus feat. As a swift action, the Nobody may cause their soul weapon to vanish, or reappear in their hands. If a soul weapon is destroyed, the Nobody may simply resummon it.

In a 24-hour long ritual that involves draining the magical essence from pre-existing magical items, a Nobody may accumulate a virtual pool of Gold Piece value, and use it to awaken powers within their soul weapon.

For example, Axel has a set of two Masterwork Chakram for his Soul Weapon. He also has a Belt of Dwarven Kind (14,900gp), a Rope of Climbing (3,000gp), a Phlactery of Undead Turning (11,000gp), and Pipes of Haunting (6,000gp) none of which he decides he needs.

He spends 24 hours meditating, destroying his four magic items, and accumulating 34,900gp of virtual value for his Soul Weapon. At the end of the ritual, he decides he'd like to use 32,000gp of that value to make his Masterwork Chakrams into +1 Returning Flaming Burst Chakrams (even though they are two separate weapons, they are one soul weapon, and so are enhanced together as one).

He is left with 2,900gp of value which he can use during any subsequent rituals to further enhance his Chakrams.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-19, 11:43 AM
Ok, Heartless Levels removed, Soul Weapon added (right as soon as I post this). Still-to-do:

Define or remove Intelligent Heartless's Dark Powers.
Define or not give Intelligent Nobody's Elemental Powers.
Change Shadows to small.
Finish stating creatures.
Create more Heartless and Nobody creatures.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-28, 06:37 PM
Ok, I updated the Heartless a bit, I got rid of that godawful multiple HD variety thing, added the Advancement (by HD), and realized that IH and IN might need Level Adjustments.

Additionally, we still need challenge ratings and skills for Heartless and Nobodies, and I still need to sit down and make some Nobody type creatures.

C'mon people, we can't let this die! I'll cry if we do. :smallfrown:

WE CAN'T LET THIS HOMEBREW DIE!

tribble
2009-07-23, 08:50 PM
You do know that buisness with the dying heartless turning into nobodies isnt how it works in canon right?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-24, 08:39 AM
That's not how I put it, unless I wrote it really badly;

As I thought I wrote it, a person who died in a way that would make a Heartless would also be split into a Nobody. And that is how it happens in cannon, isn't it?