PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Help: can you construct this race?

kanachi
2006-07-31, 11:31 AM
Hiya everyone, I want to construct rules for a humanoid mildly poison based semi ooze race. The race are known as Viles as their appearances are disturbing to others and while often cold and insect like in their survival of the fittest ideals they are not generally evil though few could be counted as good either.

It would be best if it had a level adjustment of +0 or +1.

Apart from that I’m opening this one up to you and your imaginations :D have fun!!!

Pirata
2006-07-31, 05:08 PM
Rough, 5 minute creation resulted in this...

Vile

* +4 Constitution, -4 Inteligence, -2 Charisma. (their ooze metabolism makes them very tough, but very intellectualy chalenged as well)
* Medium: As Medium creatures, have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* vile base land speed is 20 feet (6m, 4 sq).
* Darkvision 60ft.
* Ooze Body: Viles are ooze like and have some ooze traits.
* Viles don't need to sleep and are immune to sleep effects.
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
* +2 racial bonus on survival checks. (their favor the survival of the fittest should be reflected here).
* Natural attack: Slam (1d4 + Poison)
* Vile Poison: Initial damage 1d2 Str, secondary damage 1d3 Str (Constitution based save DC)
* Automatic Languages: Common and Vile(?). Additional languages: undercommon and somethings...
* Favored Class: Ranger.
* Level Adjustment: +1 (mostly because of the poison, making it cause less damage should take this guy to +0 LA, even with that +4 Con)

kanachi
2006-08-01, 05:42 AM
I rather like this, I was thinking of a few interesting things that might be used for such a race. For example:

Pronunciation: Viles communicate with one another naturally through a highly complex and variable releasing of differing pheromones and subtle body language. This form of communication is entirely alien to other races and likewise verbal communication does not come easily to viles. However, Viles do have the ability to form words but with great difficulty. Over the many years of their existence a vile will likely only learn to vocalise in common.

Viles may learn to read and write in several languages but may only vocalise words in common. Viles my spend 2 skill points to learn to vocalise in another language they know. A Vile is always considered to suffer a -4 penalty when trying to impersonate another’s voice.

Viles who are also spell casters place particular emphasis on learning the words of magic and thus can vocalise them as any other race may.

Grey Vision: Viles view the word without colour and thus are considered colour blind in all situations where it would prove relevant. A Viles grey vision does not disable them from reading or viewing pictures or symbols but will obviously hinder them in situations where individual shade of colour is key.

Temor sense (30 feet): Viles are in their element underground and within mountains and are considered to have tremor sense up to 30 feet.