PDA

View Full Version : My Main Reason Why V is...

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-24, 01:27 PM
Before I start, I'd like to say this is my first new thread...and my first post!

O.K, down to business. My theory is that V is female. My reason: Haley! Haley is obviously female, and I doubt that women would feel comfortable sleeping in the same room as a man...and no one else.

And if anyone knows V's gender, it's Haley, due to how well they know each other.

Questions? Comments? Rebuttals? Undiluted hatred? (Hopefully not that last one...) Just reply.

Volkov
2009-05-24, 01:30 PM
Before I start, I'd like to say this is my first new thread...and my first post!

O.K, down to business. My theory is that V is female. My reason: Haley! Haley is obviously female, and I doubt that women would feel comfortable sleeping in the same room as a man...and no one else.

And if anyone knows V's gender, it's Haley, due to how well they know each other.

Questions? Comments? Rebuttals? Undiluted hatred? (Hopefully not that last one...) Just reply.

Rich intended V to be a man originally so that's what I will go with.

Lira
2009-05-24, 01:31 PM
Read this:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4918

Kaytara
2009-05-24, 01:32 PM
For your first post, you have chosen... poorly. :smallfrown:

As to your point: Well, okay. That's why you think V is female. That is nice to know, but you do realise that it isn't evidence, right? There is any number of reasons why Haley would be willing to share a room with a man, not the least of which is that she knows V is married and does not behave like a typical guy, anyway.

I suppose if anyone knows V's gender (apart from V and Kyrie, that is), it would be Haley... But why? I mean, Vaarsuvius doesn't seem to change clothes when going to trance.... Why can't Haley be just in the dark as the rest of us?

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 01:36 PM

Really? All women? All men? What about all the women that do sleep in the same room as a man they are not in a sexual relationship with? Are they not women? Are the men not actually men? Are they cyborgs?

Also do note that during sleep time, Haley has an advantage over V. She is a better combatant and V needs his rest to refresh his spells.

If anyone knows Vaarsuvius's sex (I don't think he even has a gender), it's Inkyrius. And he does not intend to reveal either of them's sex so far.

((I refer to both Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius with male pronouns because their sexes are not revealed and the proper English use is referring to them as "he".))

Nerdanel
2009-05-24, 01:44 PM
That's why I think V is a gay man.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-24, 02:07 PM
((I refer to both Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius with male pronouns because their sexes are not revealed and the proper English use is referring to them as "he".))

Singular they?

Moriarty
2009-05-24, 02:18 PM
not the best idea for your first post here ;)

Varsuvius is simply the one Haley trusts most in the order. Also, being married and not interested in gender specific stuff, V is unlikely to oggle her regardless of being male/female.
Altough we never saw Haley without her leather armor, she is likely to at least take a bath once in a while, or change in something more comfortable to sleep.
Having the halfling around while trying to take a bath is propably not very relaxing.

that having said: welcome to the forums =)

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-24, 02:38 PM
Wow...I thought it would be longer that this before I got any replies...let alone this many...

Sorry I don't refer to you by (user)name, I just forgot it.
To the person that started their post with "Really? All women?", I reply: Just a guess.
To those who said something along the lines of, "Bad first post," I reply, Yup, but I wanted to be able to say, "My first post was a new thread", for some reason, and I couldn't think of any other thing to post a thread about.

Thanks for commenting.

P.S. I knew about the "official" V's gaender debate.

P.P.S. Has anyone else used my line of argument?

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 02:41 PM
Singular they?

Grammatically incorrect.

Also yes, this argument has been used countless times before.

Lira
2009-05-24, 02:55 PM
P.S. I knew about the "official" V's gaender debate.

P.P.S. Has anyone else used my line of argument?That's the entire reason I linked you to the official gender debate topic. It's been used many, many times before and disproved just as many times. If you'd read the thread, you would have known that.