PDA

View Full Version : Uses for the D.o.F.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-24, 04:44 PM
The D.o.F. is a BoVD artifact-the Despoiler of Flesh. Basically, it turns the creature into another kind of creature, or into a kind of creature that dosn't exist (one change at a time). If the new form is unstable, the critter dies.

I'm looking for CREATIVE uses. I'll start with some that I hope you can surpass.

-Giving everyone wings
-Turning bad guys into DEAD bad guys with a million tendrils
-Infinite stat increases

Come up with some creative uses, people!

arguskos
2009-05-24, 04:48 PM
Give something a new organ that let's it do something insane, like breath in space, breath water, gain a breath weapon, who the hell knows?

The uses of the Despoiler of Flesh are innummerable and each one is AWESOME.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-24, 07:08 PM
I'm looking for something more specific, if you people are imaginitive enough.

I'm pretty sure you are.

EdroGrimshell
2009-05-24, 07:30 PM
if they're evil, then give them a natural claw attack that allows them to turn anyone killed by their claws into zombies. instant necromancer

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-05-24, 07:45 PM
Turn their skin into bone and vice versa.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-24, 08:11 PM
Krimm, That is cruel. But specific.

No, I don't plan to reply to all of these.

unosarta
2009-05-24, 09:34 PM
Turn their skin into bone and vice versa.

so, are you suggesting to turn their bones into skin?!

that is made of all kinds of horrific win.

Flickerdart
2009-05-24, 09:46 PM
Turn their skin into vermin a la Worm That Walks, except only their skin...and they must exert mental control to keep the worms in place. Else, the vermin run off and they're sans skin.

mikeejimbo
2009-05-24, 09:54 PM
Qualify for Beholder Mage.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-25, 08:32 PM
These are all creative, some cruel, some cool.

Unosarta: You are sigged!

DrakebloodIV
2009-05-25, 08:36 PM
Give them a new organ that is magically tied to an organ in you so that you may cause them an infinite amount of pain at any time you wish. Lather rinse repeat with every person fool enough to screw with you, instant evil slave army of high level adventurers.

Ellye
2009-05-25, 08:48 PM
Not as fatal or useful as some listed here, but probably nasty:

Give the person a third, working, always-open eye. Inside their stomach.

Pie Guy
2009-05-25, 09:36 PM
Switch someone's head with their. . . uh. . . thingy.

Lappy9000
2009-05-25, 09:51 PM
Turn into a creature who is capable of controlling individual pieces of themself. When they're hit, they fall apart, only to launch at their opponent and assemble a few rounds later.
Creation of a new organ similar to a gas bladder like fish have, but instead works in normal atmosphere. However, the creature affected can never stop moving, lest they cease breathing (much like a shark).
Similar to the last idea: an organ that reverses the gravity of the creature.
Removal of many non-vital organs to be replaced with tendrils/spikes that can burst from the body to attack opponents.

DrakebloodIV
2009-05-25, 10:24 PM
-Replace someone's lungs with gills while there is no water in sight
-Cause someone's bones to be incredibly brittle. So weak that every idle motion breaks bones. Breathing, sneezing, walking, talking, all cause bones to shatter
-Create convient tiny sized eye creature that can see scrying, detect magic, see invisibility, have infinite darkvision etc.

Rutskarn
2009-05-25, 10:26 PM
Switch someone's head with their. . . uh. . . thingy.

That's sometimes an improvement.

Make their legs fragile enough that they shatter after every third step. Now give them regeneration, so that their bones knit almost instantly.

ZeroNumerous
2009-05-25, 11:41 PM
Turn someone's heart into a living, functional heart of stone as a near-constant reminder of what you could have done to them.

Lappy9000
2009-05-26, 12:10 AM
Turn someone's heart into a living, functional heart of stone as a near-constant reminder of what you could have done to them.That can't be good for my pacemaker...

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-26, 03:39 PM
These are creative.
Keep 'em coming!
Also: Create an army of super-powerful soldiers...from ants. Make them loyal to you. Take over the world.

Anyone want to come up with a spell or something to get the D.o.F? Probably an epic one...

Asheram
2009-05-26, 06:03 PM
How about making a body that's able to squeeze through small holes, something like a semi-permanent version of "Amorphous form" from the Spell Compendium.

Lappy9000
2009-05-27, 12:52 AM
More in coming:
Melt the target's organs into a stable mush of liquid that is still capable of absorbing nutrients, regulating the body, etc. However, the melted organs still feel like they're melting. Constantly. While those affected can maintain a perfectly healthy life, they are tortured by endless internal pain and discomfort.
Calcifying the bones until they can no longer move. Oddly, all muscles and organs still function normally. Those affected are still capable of all necessities as well as talking and slight movement, mostly among the face. However, they are rooted in the same spot in the same pose.

Pyrusticia
2009-05-27, 04:13 AM
These are creative.
Keep 'em coming!
Also: Create an army of super-powerful soldiers...from ants. Make them loyal to you. Take over the world.

Not really specific enough. You can only make one change at a time, and too many changes make them collapse. What are you doing? Making them Medium-sized? It'd be up to the DM if that works, although it's been proven in reality that insects couldn't exist at human-size...they'd collapse under the weight of their exoskeletons. Maybe make them poisonous? Or give them adamantium for their exoskeletons? Hmm...invulnerable fire-ants. They wouldn't do much damage, but it'd add up...and they'd be unstoppable...

Also, you can only make physical changes with the DoF. No "you are now completely loyal to me". You might be able to coerce them by threatening their queen, although first you'd have to give them enough intelligence (increased brain size would count as a physical change, yes?) to be able to understand the threat.

And for my contribution - remove someone's mouth. Totally gone. They can breathe through their nose, but they can't talk (so no non-silent spells), and they can't eat. They're dependent on healing and/or nourishment spells for the rest of their life, or they'll slowly starve to death... *cackle*

As a twist to this, you could also give them a version of photosynthetic skin, but instead of sunlight, they get nourishment from a specific energy that only you know how to create. Set a large, immobile crystal that radiates this energy in the center of your town, and never have to worry about runaway serfs again. :smallwink:

GreatWyrmGold
2009-05-27, 03:18 PM
Not really specific enough. You can only make one change at a time, and too many changes make them collapse. What are you doing? Making them Medium-sized? It'd be up to the DM if that works, although it's been proven in reality that insects couldn't exist at human-size...they'd collapse under the weight of their exoskeletons. Maybe make them poisonous? Or give them adamantium for their exoskeletons? Hmm...invulnerable fire-ants. They wouldn't do much damage, but it'd add up...and they'd be unstoppable...

Also, you can only make physical changes with the DoF. No "you are now completely loyal to me". You might be able to coerce them by threatening their queen, although first you'd have to give them enough intelligence (increased brain size would count as a physical change, yes?) to be able to understand the threat...

As a twist to this, you could also give them a version of photosynthetic skin, but instead of sunlight, they get nourishment from a specific energy that only you know how to create. Set a large, immobile crystal that radiates this energy in the center of your town, and never have to worry about runaway serfs again. :smallwink:

Both good points. Anyone care to elaborate? (Actually, I can't think of how that would be nessesary.)
Also, it's not "too many changes", it's "an unstable form". The example given in the BoVD was spider legs and bat wings one could fly with.

Another: Create an extra pseudopod/limb that holds the DoF and prevents anyone from stealing the it.

Finally, I ask again for an item/spell/epic spell/whatever to easily get the Despoiler of Flesh.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-20, 07:15 PM
BUMPWhy is there a 10 character rule again?

Pie Guy
2009-07-20, 09:20 PM
Eyes in the back of your head.

Jagged bones in someone's body so that moving is incredibely painful.

Eyes that glow plus hands that ave been turned into refractors= Lasers!

Kuma
2009-10-10, 07:56 PM
starting with a human.

Change 1: Create self destruct tumor in the center of thier brain, activateable by a specific, high frequency noise.
Change 2: Create subdermal nitroglycerin (sp?)packets, ignited by neurons that are activated by the self destruct node.
Change 3: increase muscle mass of said human, Strength of eighteen perhaps?

thus, you can slowly gain a massive army of eniterly loyal super soldiers.