PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] some good Femme Fatales

Froogleyboy
2009-05-24, 09:10 PM
Ok I need some good Femme Fatales OTHER then succubi. Got any?

Glimbur
2009-05-24, 09:19 PM
Nymphs. Dryads. Humans with class levels. Erinyes.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 09:24 PM
Nymphs. Dryads. Humans with class levels. Erinyes.

Any race female with high CHA and class levels, for that matter.

'Specially Drow.

tonberrian
2009-05-24, 09:25 PM
Vampires.

Stupid character limit.

Stupid white text.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 09:27 PM
Vampires.

Stupid character limit.

Stupid white text.

Half-succubus vampire drow.

tonberrian
2009-05-24, 09:29 PM
Half-succubus vampire drow.

Half-succubus vampire drow sorceress.

Glimbur
2009-05-24, 09:32 PM

Half Succubus Half Erinyes Vampire Drow Sorceress... with levels in Paladin of Slaughter for the save boost.

Starscream
2009-05-24, 09:32 PM
Do you mean creatures who are inherently Femme-Fatale-ish? Because there's no reason a female bugbear or kobold couldn't act slinky and naughty.

Good luck getting that image out of your head, by the way.

Well, lessee, you've got Erinyes, Drow, Frostwind Viragos, Female Vampires...

Basically any evil monster with a reputation for being "sexy".

Or just anything evil with the ability to shapeshift into something sexy. Like a dragon.

Or just anything sexy that you can make evil. An evil nymph would be cool.

Also:
Half-succubus vampire drow sorceress fiend of corruption.

Flickerdart
2009-05-24, 09:33 PM
Half succubus vampire drow bard/sublime chord.

Froogleyboy
Ok I was to general. I mean, like ,monsters that can transform (like a bog hag) into foxy ladies. But not just things like doppelgangers. Or monsters that were made for seduction

Olo Demonsbane
Half Succubus Half Erinyes Vampire Drow Sorceress... with levels in Paladin of Slaughter for the save boost.

Where?! Where?!

EDIT: I delete my post on accident, start again, and there are like 5 new posts! Wow!

Glimbur
2009-05-24, 09:35 PM
Ok I was to general. I mean, like ,monsters that can transform (like a bog hag) into foxy ladies. But not just things like doppelgangers. Or monsters that were made for seduction

Rakshasa have transforming powers.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-24, 09:38 PM

Half Succubus Half Erinyes Vampire Drow Sorceress in a chainmail bikini that took weapon focus whip... with levels in Paladin of Slaughter for the save boost.

Hat-Trick
2009-05-24, 09:39 PM
Any character with a hat of disguise...

Lycanthropes.

Dacia Brabant
2009-05-24, 09:42 PM
Lycanthropes.

Half-Succubus Vampire Drow Sorceress/Paladin of Slaughter...who's bitten by a were-bear.

Just remember kids: WomanBearPire is real, and she's gonna get you. :smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2009-05-24, 09:45 PM
This is helpful but I mean things that are MEANT to be sexy

Hat-Trick
2009-05-24, 09:53 PM
Have you seen the picture for the werewolf in the MM? Furry aside, in human form she'd be alright, I'd bet.

Glimbur
2009-05-24, 09:54 PM
Let's go back to Nymphs then.

Dacia Brabant
2009-05-24, 09:57 PM
This is helpful but I mean things that are MEANT to be sexy

Wait, Half Succubus Half Erinyes Vampire Drow Sorceress in a chainmail bikini that took weapon focus whip... with levels in Paladin of Slaughter for the save boost, who was bitten by a Were-Bear... isn't meant to be sexy?

Oh I know why, it's the Weapon Focus, isn't it? Yeah that feat's terrible.

*sigh* Well there's always Mermaids, Nereids, Selkies, Sirens, Swanmays, Sylphs, shoot pretty much any female Elf, Fey or Outsider should qualify. Or just roll up a Beguiler (PHB2) and call it good.

kpenguin
2009-05-24, 09:58 PM
Dwarves. Sexy, sexy, bearded dwarf ladies.

Hat-Trick
2009-05-24, 09:59 PM
Lots of potential in the nymphs, but they lack the black leather tendency. Shifters change, right? You said you wanted transformation stuff.

Jalor
2009-05-24, 10:02 PM
Try the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Ryuuk
2009-05-24, 10:09 PM
Well, lets see:

- Vampires, Succubus and Erinyes are classic
- Tieflings if they have enough Cha to overcome the innate -2
- Yuan Ti, at least the females
- Elemental Weirds (MMII and Frostburn) may have potential, as might Feytouched (Fiend Folio)
- Shadar-Kai (Fiend Folio) too
- Drow as already mentioned
- Changlelings (Eberron and MMIII) have minor shapeshift, and there's all those jokes about Sharn's Brothels...
- Glastigs (MMIII) are fey that do the whole siren thing, enthrall people with their song and lead them to their deaths

Really though, any race could be used, it just depends on how the character is protrayed (Sexy Lycanthropes? Take a look at Angua from Diskworld).

elliott20
2009-05-24, 10:13 PM
I never knew that femme fatales can only be of a certain race. Thanks for letting me know, internet!

from now on, all of my femme fatales will either be asian school girls or white dominatri... dominatrixes... dominatrices... oh hell, I don't know what the proper form is. But yes... from now on, all of my femme fatales will now conform to racial stereotypes!

EarFall
2009-05-24, 10:21 PM
Hill giants.

Starscream
2009-05-24, 10:47 PM
Let's go back to Nymphs then.

I'd love to, do you know where I can find some?

I think you should go for something non-traditional. Everyone expects the dames with black hair and glowing eyes to be femme fatales. Put a halfling in a strapless evening gown and giver her a thing for "bigger" men. It's just weird enough to be funny and slightly uncomfortable.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-24, 10:48 PM
I never knew that femme fatales can only be of a certain race. Thanks for letting me know, internet!

from now on, all of my femme fatales will either be asian school girls or white dominatri... dominatrixes... dominatrices... oh hell, I don't know what the proper form is. But yes... from now on, all of my femme fatales will now conform to racial stereotypes!

Are you trying to be ironic, or do you have no idea what we're talking about? Or both?

wadledo
2009-05-24, 11:05 PM
It's just weird enough to be funny and slightly uncomfortable.

And that's the best thing about DMing.

Quietus
2009-05-24, 11:14 PM
The Elven druidess I've been playing in one campaign for a while now could be (very slightly) reimagined as a femme fatale. She's older than your typical Elven adventurer (150, Elven adventurers start around 110), but not so old that she'd reach middle aged just yet. Her animal companion is a snake, and she herself has some very serpentine features - very slender body, and unusually smooth movements. She typically wears her companion around her neck like a boa.

Personality-wise, as she is right now, she has a distrust of non-elves, and avoids getting close to them, for backstory reasons that can be refluffed as needed. She sees the people around her generally as a means to an end, using them as she needs to produce a desired scenario. That is, she understands that while she is fully capable of doing things herself (she's an eighth-level druid, after all), it's easier when she has support. No femme fatale should be totally self-reliant, she does need a reason to interact with the protagonists. As she is right now, she doesn't really use her feminine wiles to get what she wants, but that's something that is a side result of her hanging out with a 24-cha sorceress bimbo, and the fact that she currently doesn't think that's necessary.

Slight changes could be made to her, and she'd make a wonderful antagonist. Such as.. She doesn't avoid getting close to non-elves, but she DOES dislike them, she just keeps that to herself. They're workhorses to her, ones she treats well, but still sees as cheap labor. She has no problem with using her feminine wiles to get what she wants, if she needs to, though I'd still make her picky; The lower the target's charisma is, the less likely she is to do so, or the less time she'll spend doing so. Whether she keeps her snake (Orm) with her or not is up to the group in question, but I'd keep her unique appearance, perhaps describing it as "Exotic", and possibly "vaguely serpentine". There's also the option, if you have the MM2, of giving her a much larger snake companion; a Dire Snake is in line with level-10 pets. Slightly low HP, but decent grapple mod, plus improved grab, constrict, and poison. Great way to totally tie up one troublesome target in combat. Huge size, so instead of it riding her, she could ride it. Woman with five-foot-long viper draped around her neck = weirdly attractive. Woman riding a thirty-foot-long viper constrictor = terrifying.

elliott20
2009-05-24, 11:21 PM
Are you trying to be ironic, or do you have no idea what we're talking about? Or both?
Oh I get what is being talked about here, I just think it's kind of funny that the OP feels compelled to let his race pick instead of the characterization do the talking.

I mean, alright, that was probably unnecessary, but to be quite frank, I just think doing things this way are kind of being lazy.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-24, 11:23 PM
I'd love to, do you know where I can find some?

I think you should go for something non-traditional. Everyone expects the dames with black hair and glowing eyes to be femme fatales. Put a halfling in a strapless evening gown and giver her a thing for "bigger" men. It's just weird enough to be funny and slightly uncomfortable.This. It's not the species, it's the character. A Kobold who uses her forked toungue to it's fullest, a Half-Orc who doesn't take no for an answer, a Necropolitan who won't sleep alone till the final sleep. Anything can be a seductress if you play it right.

Heck, my setup for an immortal Kobold whenever it comes up involves getting up to 26 Cha(no magic) at level 4, and being 125+years old. Can you say 'Cougar'?
Speaking of Cougars, an Awakened Cat has no Cha penalty. Think about that for a moment.

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-24, 11:34 PM
There's always Harvester Devils as well; if one of them is going to try seduction, it's going to be an attempt to lay claim to your soul.

herrhauptmann
2009-05-24, 11:35 PM
This. It's not the species, it's the character. A Kobold who uses her forked toungue to it's fullest, a Half-Orc who doesn't take no for an answer, a Necropolitan who won't sleep alone till the final sleep. Anything can be a seductress if you play it right.
+1

Any race can have its femme fatales. The fatales don't even have to be attractive (by any standards) so long as they act the part

elliott20
2009-05-24, 11:39 PM
+1

Any race can have its femme fatales. The fatales don't even have to be attractive (by any standards) so long as they act the part

yeah but then 99% of femme fatale characterizations ends up having "oozes sex appeal" as one of their pre-req attributes anyway, so really he's just trying to follow conventions, I guess. I mean, if a femme fatale wasn't hot, in many cases, she might as well just drop the femme part and just be "fatale".

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-24, 11:44 PM
yeah but then 99% of femme fatale characterizations ends up having "oozes sex appeal" as one of their pre-req attributes anyway, so really he's just trying to follow conventions, I guess. I mean, if a femme fatale wasn't hot, in many cases, she might as well just drop the femme part and just be "fatale".Hotness, though, is at least in part personality. She can't be ugly, of course, but she doesn't have to be perfect physically if she talks the talk.

elliott20
2009-05-24, 11:45 PM
got no argument here. This is why characters like Karrigan works as femme fatales, even though by the count of the novel, she's not exactly beautiful, but rather has bold features.

or hell, how about this?

http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/bios/bioLeela.jpg

It's a girl with one gigantic eyeball and even then they can pull it off!

Starscream
2009-05-24, 11:49 PM
Speaking of Cougars, an Awakened Cat has no Cha penalty. Think about that for a moment.

Must I?:smalleek:

elliott20
2009-05-24, 11:53 PM
too late, this is more fun!

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/felicia-cfe.jpg

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-24, 11:55 PM
Must I?:smalleek:...That's what squicks you out? A 120+ year old Kobold, a Half-Orc, or a dead woman, and you're disturbed by the cat? At least it's doesn't lay eggs. (not saying you're wrong or anything, just surprised. Of course, the furry I gamed with a while back my have colored my expectations a bit).

EDIT:SPOILER THAT THING!

elliott20
2009-05-24, 11:56 PM
sorry about that. I didn't realize how the big the image was. Will do right away.

and I'll have you know...

http://vampjac.com/lj/humor/gygax/orc_chicks.jpg

http://www.mythicproductions.ca/Stills/War%20of%20the%20Dead%20-%20Vampire%20Girl%20Talia%20Schwebel.jpg

As for Kobold... well... looking up "kobold girl" on google ends up yielding an image of Kelly Kobold, a female MMA competitor. So... I guess that works as a femme fatale too.

http://www.rwfracing.net/SportsGeeksBlog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/gina-carano.jpg

JonestheSpy
2009-05-25, 12:02 AM
Fox Fairies aka Werefoxes a la Japanese mythology are the ultimate in shapeshifiting femm fatales. They squeeked into 1st Edition MM2, I have no idea if they made it into later editions.

http://www.woodblock.com/encyclopedia/entries/017_02/images/lum_foxwoman.jpg

23minds
2009-05-25, 12:11 AM
May I recommend the Yuki-Ona? I remember them from Oriental Adventures (3.0), but I'm pretty sure they were transferred to one of the MM's later. The evil ones lure people into blizzards and kill them. Pretty cool.

Quietus
2009-05-25, 12:18 AM
May I recommend the Yuki-Ona? I remember them from Oriental Adventures (3.0), but I'm pretty sure they were transferred to one of the MM's later. The evil ones lure people into blizzards and kill them. Pretty cool.

Pun intended?

And yes yes, with the cougar jokes. Zetris (my fore-described elven Druidess) is constantly at the butt of cougar jokes, despite not even being middle-aged yet. She'd be what, the comparative equivalent of 30 or so, in human years?

elliott20
2009-05-25, 12:18 AM
oh man, a Yuki-Ona was actually one of the major causes for one of my favorite sessions.

and 30 COULD qualify for cougar status if she dates guys in their early 20s, I guess.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-25, 12:33 AM
Pun intended?

And yes yes, with the cougar jokes. Zetris (my fore-described elven Druidess) is constantly at the butt of cougar jokes, despite not even being middle-aged yet. She'd be what, the comparative equivalent of 30 or so, in human years?She does qualify for Cougar, even though physically she's not. She's not middle-aged, after all(and doesn't that +1 cha seem confusing after this), but going after Cougars isn't about the physical age. It's more about having an experienced, skilled partner with years of boostng her social status under her belt, who has proven her capability to survive and prosper.

23minds
2009-05-25, 12:38 AM
Pun intended?

...Yes...I totally meant to do that.:smallbiggrin:

You know, I actually remember reading in...Races of the Wild? That every once in a while elves do accidentally date elves that are WAY younger than them, because after the age of 20 or so, it's nearly impossible to say how old an elf is, and if they're mature for their age...eeew lol.

Another monster you might wanna try (also from OA) is the Rokuro-kubi. They're wierd stretchy neck demon things.

Starscream
2009-05-25, 01:34 AM
...That's what squicks you out? A 120+ year old Kobold, a Half-Orc, or a dead woman, and you're disturbed by the cat? At least it's doesn't lay eggs. (not saying you're wrong or anything, just surprised. Of course, the furry I gamed with a while back my have colored my expectations a bit).

Okay, they are all disturbing on one level or another.

I guess I'm just a boring close-minded person who prefers his females to be humanoid, mammalian, possessing vital signs, and less hairy than I am.

By the standards of the internet, that makes me quite a prude.

Narmoth
2009-05-25, 01:47 AM
What about vashar? (BoVD)
Human to all detection spells and such, because biologically they are human.
But they are also inherently evil, with no concept of good or morale
So you got a hot girl who very well would sleep with you, but you just can't connect with her emotionally. And she'll very well stab you in the back at any time

elliott20
2009-05-25, 01:54 AM
by internet standards, 99% of us are prudes. If you're NOT a prude even by internet standards, Chris Hanson is probably hiding in your kitchen.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-25, 01:57 AM
What about vashar? (BoVD)
Human to all detection spells and such, because biologically they are human.
But they are also inherently evil, with no concept of good or morale
So you got a hot girl who very well would sleep with you, but you just can't connect with her emotionally. And she'll very well stab you in the back at any time

Sounds like a normal human woman

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-25, 02:02 AM
by internet standards, 99% of us are prudes. If you're NOT a prude even by internet standards, Chris Hanson is probably hiding in your kitchen.So that's who that was. I better take the manacles off, then.

elliott20
2009-05-25, 02:18 AM
Sounds like a normal human woman

*puts on flame retardant suit and sits back for the ensuing crap storm*

kamikasei
2009-05-25, 02:43 AM
There's an Unseelie Nymph somewhere on the Wizards site, for those who were suggesting Nymph but thought they needed changes to be more eeevil.

elliott20
2009-05-25, 03:29 AM
or you can just make the nymph, you know, evil.

Jerthanis
2009-05-25, 04:15 AM
Coincidentally enough, I'm going to try my hand at playing a Femme Fatale in an upcoming Spirit of the Century game, but when trying to brainstorm Aspects, I came up short. I realized suddenly that while I enjoy the concept in theory, I don't really have much of a working knowledge of the character archetype at all!

Can someone outline exactly what aspects make a character "Fatale-y"?

Fri
2009-05-25, 04:29 AM
Actually, most femme fatale is the foil for those hard boiled private investigator in noir detective stories. Usually she came in the night, with slinky black dress and saying that she need help, but turned out that she's the not entirely honest. And usually, she's not entirely bad, but morally ambiguous.

Ah, I remember.

Think Catwoman. The perfect femme fatale example. She even got Batman as her 'hard boiled detective' to seduce.

The only requirements is she use her sexual appeal to manipulate people. She seduces people and use that for her own gain. How does she do that, is up to you.

Just don't make her to be the dominatrix. That's another type.

Fishy
2009-05-25, 06:07 AM
Ding! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FemmeFatale)

The Damsel in Distress is a pure and innocent girl who gets into situations hopelessly out of her control when big scary bad guys capture her because of her prettiness.

The Femme Fatalle is a cool, collected and confident creature, who knows she's sexy and knows how to use that to get what she wants- and she always gets what she wants. She's surrounded by evil and dangerous men, because she willfully attracts them, because it amuses her. (She smirks, rather than giggles). When she gets into trouble, it's because of something she did, directly or indirectly, and she probably could either fight or manipulate her way out of it herself, but where's the fun in that?

EDIT: Actually answering the question, Medusa. All the way.

Kaiyanwang
2009-05-25, 07:04 AM
Fox Fairies aka Werefoxes a la Japanese mythology are the ultimate in shapeshifiting femm fatales. They squeeked into 1st Edition MM2, I have no idea if they made it into later editions.

Fox Hengeyokay from Oriental Adventures. Racials are +2 dex and +4 escape artist.

Maybe an elusive, beautiful fox-lady.

Eldariel
2009-05-25, 07:17 AM
or you can just make the nymph, you know, evil.

That's precisely what Unseelie Nymph is. An evil Nymph of the Seelie Court is at the very least a stretch, but an Unseelie Court Nymph is kinda evil by default.

Speaking of Unseelie Nymph, look here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020112a).

Paramour Pink
2009-05-25, 07:22 AM
Medusa. All the way.

Her face could turn you to stone, if ya know what I meant.

kamikasei
2009-05-25, 07:24 AM
That's precisely what Unseelie Nymph is. An evil Nymph of the Seelie Court is at the very least a stretch, but an Unseelie Court Nymph is kinda evil by default.

Well, (and thanks for tracking down the link so I could confirm my vague memories of the creature,)

most people probably aren't paying attention to the Seelie/Unseelie Courts or other finer points of Fey society. They'd just want a nymph because they're pretty and have magic powers. Given that, it makes more sense to say "okay, this is an evil nymph" than to use a variant which trades in being blindingly beautiful for draining the charisma of others, to give one example of a "moar evil" change from the linked article.

In this I agree with elliott20, but my mentioning the creature in the first place was in response to people explicitly saying that they thought the nymph needed to be eviled-up.

For my money a normal creature of any type which is and acts evil is a better solution than something with a host of evil-themed abilities and accessories; and if you want a beautiful seductress then a high-charisma character of a PHB race who plays the part is better than some my-entire-race-are-like-this pigeonholee.

Severedevil
2009-05-25, 07:29 AM
Her face could turn you to stone, if ya know what I meant.

Snake-women rock.

I guess I'm just a boring close-minded person who prefers his females to be humanoid, mammalian, possessing vital signs, and less hairy than I am.

I can get behind most of those.

Sandpaper tongue is a deal-breaker. Instead, try the Were-Cougar - a demure gentlewoman who hunts men by moonlight.

Dixieboy
2009-05-25, 09:58 AM
Half succubus vampire drow bard/sublime chord.

:smallredface: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)

Randel
2009-05-25, 01:16 PM
Various Genies, like Djinni, Janni or Noble Djinns ... nothing says seductress like someone who can create a feast with a snap of their fingers or grant wishes. Plus their ability to turn invisible could lend them the opportunity to listen in on what people are saying and then just appear out of nowhere with their offer. The fact that Noble Djinns can grant wishes (to nongenies who 'capture' them) could up the ability for seductress activity, plus we all know how relative the wish spell works depending on how much the genie in question likes her 'master'. (oh, and all female Genies have to have light brown hair... its a rule)

Mind Flayer, for a girl with a head on her shoulders. She might use a magic item to make her head look humanoid at first, or use some psychic power to just make you think she's a humanoid. Then after you've done whatever she needs you to do she sheds her disguise. If you kiss her in her glamored form, expect to get a really wet kiss.

Mermaids, sirens, or other aquatic beauties. May be a little limited by the necessity for water to swim in, but could work in a pirate campaign or somesuch. Oh, and mermaids would have easier access to sunken treasure than land-based races, so even if the players are just looking for treasure she can claim to have however much she wants to.

Oh, and just for fun. I'll toss in giants, like cloud giants or storm giants. I'm not exactly sure how much Femme Fatale a 50-foot tall woman who can shoot lightning from her fingertips and kick-box dragons would be, but ... you know, she might get a kick out of manipulating adventurers into getting rid of the pests (read, goblins) that started infesting her kitchen. (okay, I'm not 100% sure of what storm giants are supposed to be like but whatever).