PDA

View Full Version : A bit peeved off

Enochi
2009-05-25, 02:28 AM
Ya know I am really getting sick of the people I play with. Acutally trying to role-play is just useless with these people.

Campagain 1: Im playing a Ranger with favored enemy goblin. A friend of the dm wants to join the campagain and decides to jump out at the party and hold one of our members at knife-point to join. I want to shot the sucker since I have been playing from the start of the campagain that my half-elf hated goblins but the party talked me out of it and let the goblin join. We also had a Halfing monk who was stealing from the party. One night after a battle everyone is asleep except me and the badly-injured monk. I walk up to the monk put hand over its mouth and procede to tell him to stop stealing or I will report him to the party my character being a nice guy who gives people a benifit of a doubt. Well the goblin wakes up from a listen check...dm didnt penalize for him being asleep or my talking in hushed tone, My character doesnt notice despite bounus from favored enemy which dm didnt let me add. He get sneak attacked from behind dies on the spot. Monk says nothing despite being LAWFUL GOOD. And party goes on as if nothing happened. Indeed everyone seemed to think it was my fault.

campagain 1: I bring in a new character a favored soul. First thing that happens is by dm choice he is possesed by an abysal which proceeds to attack the party end character two after that campagain kinda falls apart.

Campagain 2: The Dm's friend decides he wants to run a campagain in the world we where in before. Goblins now rules the world lead by his orginal character. My lvl 2 goliath barbarain is protecting a village from a goblin raid. The DM chucks 40 lvl 4 goblins forcing us to split up as they attack from 2 sides. My goliath drops around 10 at the side he is at before being knocked out. The ninja in the party despite being Chaotic Good decides he really wants to be an Assasin so does and kills my guy while he is KO'd. The ranger in the party who is Chaotic good notices but does nothing.

Campagain 2: I break out a Warblade hoping for a little more power to keep me alive since the nubish-dm doesnt seem to get crs. I roleplay him as a nice guy who has join the party. He joins at level 4 like most of the party members are now. Also joining for 1 night only is a player from Campagain 1 who was playing a LAWFUL NEUTRAL lvl 9 half-orc paladin. Deciding to role with it my character attempts to befriend said character to me rudely rebuffed. Said guy offers to lead us to our next location. we follow him and he leads us to a spot guarded by what we can see is 2 CR-5 trolls. He asks us to stay behind while he parllies. I say no that my heroic character would not let an ally face these alone. As he hails the monsters 2 goblin pop out from around the Trolls and attack us and miss. My character springs out in a charge to defend the party and the paladin ATTEMPTS TO STRIKE MY CHARACTER FROM BEHIND but misses. The party goes to engage the troll and golbins the Paladin sits down on the ground and watches only to start exchanging javelin throughs with a goblin that targets him. After we manage to barely scrape by the fight we find out the trolls are regenerating none of our characters know how to stop it. My character mad from the attack from behind yells a bit at the Half-orc for doing nothing an attempting to attack him eventually leaves him be. The paladin then decides to make a fire cause he is hungry....with a goblin fortress less then a mile and 1/2 away. My character puts out the fire when he notices it and tells the orc not to start a fire we are too close to the goblin's fort. The orc says nothing but takes a check to figure out that the trolls would be stoped from regening by fire. Telling the party nothing he starts another fire. My character moves to put out the fire. He say he is hungry. My character continues to move to put out the fire he draws his sword and ****ing attacks me out of the blue. The rest of the party does ****ing nothing as my level 4 gets killed by the level 9. The session is done and the level 9 leaves the party.

I think I am going to create ****ing pun-pun and ass rape the whole party and **** over the game as much as possible the next session cause it is ****ing pointless. In any game I have yet to die to acutal monsters or traps or any of that **** its ****ing PCs being retarding and pvping for no damn reason. I said to the guy their was no ****ing way he could have a paladin that would attack party members from behind for no damn reason. He gave me a bull-**** answer that him being a lawful neutral paladin (which I dont think works) of St. Cuthbert he could. And that his character which talked all of 5 sentences the entire sessions would expect everyone in the party to follow his code of conduct without telling anyone anything.

Keld Denar
2009-05-25, 02:35 AM
Dude...breath.

Repeat after me:

WOOOOO-SAAAAHHHHHH!

WOOOOO-SAAAAHHHHHH!

WOOOOO-SAAAAHHHHHH!

Good, now that you are calm, vote with your feet. Grab your gear and find some other people to play with. If you can't find any others, play online with PbP or live action games on OpenRPG or something. If you go back and play with these guys, acknowledge that they will probably still be tools, and take that with a grain of salt. Whatever you do, don't let it get to you. Its just a game. Games are fun. If its not fun, don't play it, or find others to play it with.

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-25, 02:38 AM
In any game I have yet to die to acutal monsters or traps or any of that **** its ****ing PCs being retarding and pvping for no damn reason.I agree, you should find another gaming group. However, my best advice would be to try and leave this one on good terms.

That means no Pun-pun. That can't and won't lead to anything good.

Kylarra
2009-05-25, 02:40 AM
Yeah... time to get a new group. Don't pun-pun though, that's never fun.

Stormageddon
2009-05-25, 02:45 AM
New group time. Something is wrong if your group think nothing of attacking your character at a drop of a hat.

Talic
2009-05-25, 02:50 AM
It sounds as if you're not wanted in the group. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't want to be there either. Let em know, and move along, move along.

Fan
2009-05-25, 02:53 AM
I say go for it, but not Pun Pun. Show them that they aren't the only one's who can be dill weeds, and pull out the undeinable power of SCIENCE!
Anti matter Major creations, Gate Loops to attain infinte momentum, and Commoner Rail guns! If they dont want to play by the rules, show them how harsh they can be.

Moofaa
2009-05-25, 03:25 AM
That sounds like a real lame group of people.

I'd just tell them that since they behave like a bunch of high-schoolers playing Diablo 2 your going to quit and find a group that takes things a little more seriously.

They are obviously a hack-n-slash group, so if you cant find a different group of people to play with, then just make a rogue, stay quiet, and level. Then backstab them as soon as you can.

Then yell, throw something at the DM, and storm out.

Kylarra
2009-05-25, 04:00 AM
The alternative is to give up trying to roleplay and go ahead and be the best backstabber you can, since that's apparently par for the course here. :smallcool:

tcrudisi
2009-05-25, 04:21 AM
While I was reading all of this, I had one thought that constantly popped into my head: The other players (and DM) do not like you.

I mean absolutely no disrespect by that, but that was the impression I had from reading everything that happened.

Now, that does not have to mean that they dislike you. It could mean they just do not like playing D&D with you. In one of my current groups, there is a guy that most of us like. However, all of us hate playing D&D with him. He takes way too long to decide his characters action, he is a me-me-me type player who wants every magical item, he doesn't understand teamwork (instead thinking that just because it improves him, it must improve the party as a whole), even his dice rolls take forever, and when he knows that an attack of 18 will hit the monsters AC? He rolls a 19 on the dice, we can all see what he rolled, and he still insists on slowly adding it up (he's bad at math) to announce his final score.

Yes, most of us like the guy. We understand why he is that way (he has a medical condition), and we respect that. However, it does make playing D&D with him a bit intolerable.

Why did I say that story? Well, I'm not accusing you of being that type of player by any means! But what I am trying to say is that it is possible to like someone but dislike playing D&D with someone else for whatever reason. And, let's face it, when an entire group of people do not like playing D&D with someone, that player tends to take a bunch of punishment at the hands of the players (and DM if the DM feels the same way). So it could very well be that everyone else does not want you in the group, so the rulings go against you and the players team up against you.

That may not be happening. It could just be that they all have a play style that disagrees with you, but I find that to be unlikely since eventually everyone learns (well, most people learn) that stabbing others in the back will only get you stabbed in the back in return.

And, I of course mean no offense. I don't know you at all. I would just think about the possibilities. Beyond what I named above, maybe you guys do dinner at the game and you never contribute? Maybe they dislike your jokes/puns? Maybe they really do dislike you. Or maybe they all just suck at D&D.

*Edit* I agree with most of the people above. Don't do Pun-Pun, as that just burns bridges and leaves you in that situation for a longer period of time, and you are obviously unhappy playing with that group. Find a new group. There's always another group willing to take a new player; it just might involve travelling a little bit to get to them. So find a group you like, but don't alienate everyone you leave behind, either.

Lord Herman
2009-05-25, 04:26 AM
I say go for it, but not Pun Pun. Show them that they aren't the only one's who can be dill weeds, and pull out the undeinable power of SCIENCE!
Anti matter Major creations, Gate Loops to attain infinte momentum, and Commoner Rail guns! If they dont want to play by the rules, show them how harsh they can be.

For catgirl genocide, commoner-and-pig siege tactics, and a pork-powered death star, take a look at this thread.

Mystic Muse
2009-05-25, 06:43 AM
yeah PHB states the only allowable alignment for a paladin is lawful Good. and Betrayal of your allies is neither lawful or Neutral. it's evil and Chaotic.

Ceaon
2009-05-25, 10:39 AM
Have you asked why they keep killing your characters?
Talk to them and tell them their behavior is ruining your fun.

I too get the impression they don't like to play DnD with you, but I'm only hearing one half of the story (stories). So the best thing to do is solve this problem out-of-game via communication, not in-game via imaginary mass killings.

Roderick_BR
2009-05-25, 11:29 AM
campagain 1: I bring in a new character a favored soul. First thing that happens is by dm choice he is possesed by an abysal which proceeds to attack the party end character two after that campagain kinda falls apart.
What? You barely started a game, and the DM stole your character from you? That's the #1 thing NO DM EVER should do. It pisses off players to no end. I would have told him I wouldn't play with him anymore, and simply left.

Campagain 2: The Dm's friend decides he wants to run a campagain in the world we where in before. Goblins now rules the world lead by his orginal character.
MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT!

Sounds like your whole group is a bunch of douches. Good luck finding a new group, man.

RavKal
2009-05-25, 11:37 AM
I see a few viable options, though only one is any real good:

1) You could become a glorious harbinger for the rules, and next time that paladin attacks you, you can reference all the page numbers that say he just became a fighter without feats.

2) You could become a DM and while doing so use tactics from the previous option to educate your players on the more detailed points of the rules.

or 3) You could leave, and find a group that isn't comprised of people who don't like playing with you. This is probably the easiest and safest option.

But I kinda know how you feel, I mean, there's this one DM that killed my wizard for not getting on a boat to go to the next island (my wizard didn't like water, also didn't like getting forced into doing things by the DM). So the DM was just like, your character dies. Roll up a new one. I left.

holywhippet
2009-05-25, 06:32 PM
Your DM and, by the sounds of it, most of the other players are pricks.

Stop playing with them, stop speaking with them. If you ever see them again, give them the cold shoulder. They aren't worth your time and probably get a kick out of pissing you off.

Woodsman
2009-05-25, 07:05 PM
I'd seriously consider finding a new group.

Seriously, any group like that is obviously a bunch of [insult here].

Saintheart
2009-05-25, 09:22 PM
I just wanted to add to the chorus of "No Pun-Pun" exhortations, above, but with a slightly different rationale: given the fact these guys don't seem to understand the rules and the DM sounds like he doesn't either, an attempt to go Pun-Pun on the party will not be understood, and you'll get a bunch of Rule 0 rulings that will make the attempt fail. You'll probably start the process of making yourself into Pun-Pun and have these guys suddenly rule that the Lawful Neutral paladin hits you in the back.
With a sneak attack.

mikej
2009-05-25, 09:26 PM
I'd just leave this group, they all sound like big jerks.

I wouldn't go the Pun-Pun route, that's just sinking to thier level. You're better than them.