PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dreams, Take... 3?

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 07:16 AM
I had a dream where there was this duck who appeared in a building at the bidding of some scientists. The building was a 5-star hotel about to be converted into a kindergarten. The duck was afraid of carrots and carrot-shaped patterns on the ground. He then broke into a house with Garfield and this other guy and persuaded two cats to have lesbian sex while he was watching.

I didn't even drink the night before.

Anyone want to interpret what it may mean or post weird dreams of their own?

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 09:02 AM
Using my unsurpassable knowledge of Freudian psychoanalytic dream analysis...

You sexually desire your father and want to kill your mother.

Ahem, using my unsurpassable knowledge of non-Freudian dream analysis:

The duck represents your fragile inner self, directed by your more-cynical concious mind (the scientists). The hotel is mainstream society (which is about to converted into a kindergarten because people are so damned childish) where you think you must exist (which is why the scientists caused you to appear there), however your aversion to phalluses (represented by the carrots) means you do not feel you can really be here. Thus you seek the companionship of an older, wiser person (Garfield) who can help you break into a smaller, more suitable society (the house). Here you wish to fulfil gynosexual urges but do not feel able to properly join in at this stage (hence the proxy of watching two cats having lesbian sex).

Of course, I could be wrong...

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 09:20 AM
I think the correct interpretation would be "you sexually desire your mother and want to kill your father". Since, you know, guy.

SoD
2009-05-25, 09:22 AM
Try this on for size;

I am the next doctor, who in this regeneration is actually Kevin Rudd. Tara, Jake and Brit (three people from the UNI review cast, of which I am also) are my traveling companions. We eventually end up on a pirate ship, crewed by Justin (who is in charge of the video screne for the show) and is crewed by the rest of the cast and crew of the review (apart from Zeb, who was a ninja, and generally stood around looking akward). I am also there as Naked Joke Explainer Guy, wandering around explaining jokes, and every time I did, the review band played my theme music. Eventually a beeping noise comes from the TARDIS, and I go to investigate. It's a weather warning. I run out to Justin; "Cap'n! There's a storm on the horizon!" "How bad a storm?" "A Gale! We must all hide in the TARDIS!" "Never! This ship's survived many a worse storm than that!" "But this Gale has the clap!*" and so we all hid in the TARDIS, but during the storm, Cthulu ate the ship and spat the TARDIS out without anyone noticing. So when the storm was over and I opened the door, water came in and we all drowned. And woke up in heaven, outside the Stripper Factory nearby the Beer Volcano, because it turned out that pastafarianism is the true religion.

Care to explain that?

A slightly more easy dream to interpret;

I wander into a bar with a girl I know, Tara (one of my companions in the previous dream), arm in arm and wander up to my friend Josh (who, after hearing the previous dream was dissapointed he didn't have a larger part in it) and I say; "She said yes!" to which he replies "Oh, Dave!" we embrace, "I'm so happy for you!"

And more recently; The cast and crew of the UNI review get attacked by a zombie horde and must defend ourselves. We eventually end up trapped, with the zombies breaking in. I wander around trying to find Tara, to say my goodbye's. It is very sad, but something which you expect to happen. You know, the whole 'find a girl, go out with her for a bit, maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't, maybe you'll get eaten by zombies. Such is life' idea. Also; my grandparents are there. As I wander up to them, a little kid goes up to Nan and says "Who the [expletive] are you?!" so I grab him, lift him up by the collar, slam him into a wall and inform him that "She the [expletive] is my grandmother! Who the [expletive] are you, and give me one reason why I shouldn't open that door, and throw you to the [expletive]ing zombies?!"

Odd, eh? Oh, and the UNI review is an annual stage show that is put on in Tasmania every year, featuring nudity, political satire, and other highbrow, intelectual humour like that.

*A joke from the UNI review, more specifically from the weather report; "And now for a Gale warning. Don't [expletive] Gale! She's got the clap!"

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 09:28 AM
I think the correct interpretation would be "you sexually desire your mother and want to kill your father". Since, you know, guy.

You don't put up the gender symbol, then you get your gender decided on the flip of a coin, I'm afraid.

I am the next doctor, who in this regeneration is actually Kevin Rudd. Tara, Jake and Brit (three people from the UNI review cast, of which I am also) are my traveling companions. We eventually end up on a pirate ship, crewed by Justin (who is in charge of the video screne for the show) and is crewed by the rest of the cast and crew of the review (apart from Zeb, who was a ninja, and generally stood around looking akward). I am also there as Naked Joke Explainer Guy, wandering around explaining jokes, and every time I did, the review band played my theme music. Eventually a beeping noise comes from the TARDIS, and I go to investigate. It's a weather warning. I run out to Justin; "Cap'n! There's a storm on the horizon!" "How bad a storm?" "A Gale! We must all hide in the TARDIS!" "Never! This ship's survived many a worse storm than that!" "But this Gale has the clap!*" and so we all hid in the TARDIS, but during the storm, Cthulu ate the ship and spat the TARDIS out without anyone noticing. So when the storm was over and I opened the door, water came in and we all drowned. And woke up in heaven, outside the Stripper Factory nearby the Beer Volcano, because it turned out that pastafarianism is the true religion.

Care to explain that?

You've spent far too much time trying to think of funny stuff for your revue, and it has affected your brain.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 09:32 AM
You don't put up the gender symbol, then you get your gender decided on the flip of a coin, I'm afraid.

No, you refer to someone you don't know the sex of using a male pronoun and a male view of the person. Otherwise you're not doing it the proper way (according to English).

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 09:53 AM
No, you refer to someone you don't know the sex of using a male pronoun and a male view of the person. Otherwise you're not doing it the proper way (according to English).

No you don't, you use a third-person pronoun: they. Besides, the rules of grammar aren't related to assuming someone's gender for the purposes of dream analysis.

Besides, if you desired your father and wanted to kill your mother it'd be a much more interesting twist on the oedipus complex.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 10:08 AM
No you don't, you use a third-person pronoun: they.

That's grammatically incorrect, though. You use "he", "him" and "his". That's how English works.

You want a better language, learn Turkish. :smalltongue:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 10:29 AM
That's grammatically incorrect, though. You use "he", "him" and "his". That's how English works.

You want a better language, learn Turkish. :smalltongue:

Or any language with a neutral gender pronoun.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 10:30 AM
Or any language with a neutral gender pronoun.

No, just Turkish. It doesn't get any better.

Dogmantra
2009-05-25, 10:43 AM
No, just Turkish. It doesn't get any better.

*cough*Esperanto*cough* :smallwink:

As for weird dreams... I once dreamt that I was dared to take off all my clothes in a science lesson. I did, and walked up to the teacher for help. She didn't bat an eyelid... :smalleek:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 10:45 AM

As for weird dreams... I once dreamt that I was dared to take off all my clothes in a science lesson. I did, and walked up to the teacher for help. She didn't bat an eyelid... :smalleek:

Interpretation: You secretly desire your teacher. You hope to impress her, but thus far you attempts have come to naught.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-25, 10:49 AM

Not nearly as good as Turkish.

Vizen
2009-05-25, 11:15 AM
Not nearly as good as Turkish.

Hmm...I'm not quite sure, but somehow I get the idea that The Rose Dragon really likes Turkish...

Anyway, I haven't had a really good weird dream in a long while unfortunately. I used to have them all the time, was really entertaining. Once it was so weird I woke up (due to my darn alarm clock) and my first words for the day were WHAT. THE. <insert expletive starting with the letter f here, in capital letters>

The last one I have vague memories of had some people I know and I able to jump much higher than humanly possible. I happily lept up to a high branch on a rather tall tree.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 12:00 PM
<insert expletive starting with the letter f here, in capital letters>

FRELLING FRELL!

Recaiden
2009-05-25, 12:43 PM

That doesn't make his interpretation incorrect. And you can use gender neutral pronouns.

chiasaur11
2009-05-25, 12:50 PM
I dreamt I went back in time to WW2, and was assigned to a unit which was attacked by survival horror style insect monsters.

Then I was wounded for two hit points and sent to a military hospital, which for some reason sent me to go work on a combination of the Manhattan project, the Enigma deciphering team from Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomonicon, and the early space program. This led to grabbing a glider form of Sputnik for studying and borrowing a Wonka designed hovercraft.

Then for some reason we worked on the Fallout series when a DEFCON like screen showed a major city being atomic bombed, which led to me trying to convince the project manager not to release a really bad Fallout sequel, as that would be in really bad taste. I failed, so I think time travel got involved again.

There was more, but I can't remember the other bits as clearly.

Vizen
2009-05-25, 02:33 PM
FRELLING FRELL!

Exactly. :smalltongue:

Dreams with time travel...Or most things to do with time...End up really badly for me, especially ones that involve stopped time altogether. 60% of the time stops end up having severe glitches resulting in some rather unexpected things happening resulting in me being jolted awake. The last one that involved time stopping had a garden gnome in it. It horrified me.

Rutskarn
2009-05-25, 02:36 PM
I dreamed I was an ordinary, basically respectable person with a mild interest in professional basketball and a tendency to get together with friends for a brew.

It was terrifying.