PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the goblinoid females?

Eerie
2009-05-25, 07:46 AM
Couldn`t find this question with search, so I`ll ask.

In the comic, I recall one goblin female fighter in the bathroom, and some teenage goblins. And no hobgoblin females at all.

So, where are they?

Morty
2009-05-25, 07:57 AM
Well, there were some goblin women in Xykon's throne room. I'm sure there are goblin women in Start of Darkness book. As for hobgoblin women, I guess they're still back in their town or somewhere in the Azure City, away from the war zone in either case.

Rad
2009-05-25, 08:10 AM
There's some in SoD

Estelindis
2009-05-25, 08:13 AM
There were more in Start of Darkness (worth a read if you haven't looked at it yet), but I agree that there haven't been many since then.

Eerie
2009-05-25, 08:20 AM
(worth a read if you haven't looked at it yet)

Sadly, I failed to buy it when I had money available. :smallannoyed:

Snake-Aes
2009-05-25, 08:56 AM
Does Oarthess Black-Blood fit your needs?
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs24/i/2007/347/1/9/Oarthess_Sabgue_Negro_by_uivo_trovejante.jpg

Level nine hobgoblin wizard, works with the Alliance's intelligence to scry and spy on elves, and torture.

[TS] Shadow
2009-05-25, 10:01 AM
Most of them were probably left behind at the hobgoblin city. Someone needs to watch (and create) more hobgoblin children to fight in Redcloak's army.

The Blackbird
2009-05-25, 10:05 AM
The goblin teenager's mother (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0093.html) here.

Optimystik
2009-05-25, 10:06 AM
We will likely see a major one show up in the comic soon:
Right-Eye's daughter, Redcloak's niece

shadzar
2009-05-25, 10:57 AM
Where all women belong. Making babies and cooking at home.

MM for 3.5 has little to no info on the female culture inside the goblin tribal society.

From 2nd edition we get this info about goblin females:

In addition to the males, there will be adult females equal to 60% of their number and children equal to the total number of adults in the lair. Neither will fight in battles.

Copyright 1999 TSR Inc.

So since the comic roughly focuses on fighting, and hasn't had any real time inside of a goblin society, there is likely little chance we will see any until such time that we do actually see goblins in their natural habitat and their own tribal communities.

Then again that whole fair for goblins thing RC ants could be of Ferrengi nature and the women all stay at home nekked as possessions of the males. :smalleek:

(Doesn't RC kind of remind you of Quark anyway?)

So they are there, just not really present most of the time in the story that is being told.

EDIT: Needles to say it seems goblins like drow are a female dominated society, and the women-folk make the men do all the work outside the home since the women get no help with the kids they bare. Dirty stinking lazy males! :smallfurious:

:smallbiggrin:

Hydro Globus
2009-05-25, 11:00 AM
Women aren't allowed to the warcamp unless they're spellcasters. (http://www.goblinscomic.com/d/20050812.html)

Moriarty
2009-05-25, 11:04 AM
Women aren't allowed to the warcamp unless they're spellcasters. (http://www.goblinscomic.com/d/20050812.html)

aw, i wanted to post that :<

I guess that's true in d&d, having only generic male soldiers makes it probably easier to slaughter them as players

Snake-Aes
2009-05-25, 11:46 AM
aw, i wanted to post that :<

I guess that's true in d&d, having only generic male soldiers makes it probably easier to slaughter them as players
I loved my villain that had 4 kids chained to his armor to share his hit points.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-25, 11:53 AM
Shadow;6151714']Most of them were probably left behind at the hobgoblin city. Someone needs to watch (and create) more hobgoblin children to fight in Redcloak's army.

SOD quote (well, paraphrase at least:

:xykon:There are only two types of goblins within a 5 mile radius of here. Those whose internal organ are external, and those who serve me. Which are you?

I doubt Xykon cares about gender, so yeah, it is weird we haven't seen any, or you know, Rich ic too lazy to make a hobogoblin soldier chick type stick figure.

Prock
2009-05-25, 12:04 PM
I loved my villain that had 4 kids chained to his armor to share his hit points.

:D
Totally stealing that for my next campaing

hamishspence
2009-05-25, 02:14 PM
sounds awfully like BoVD's The Dread Emperor: armour has four chains, usually with children attached- they take half of any of the damage he takes.

The villain made it into 4th ed- Manual Of The PLanes in section on The Shadowfell had a villain with the same name and traits.

Snake-Aes
2009-05-25, 02:14 PM
That's the guy.