PDA

View Full Version : Inkscape question

Benj
2009-05-25, 04:17 PM
Just a question, as I'm new to Inkscape so I'm still trying to figure some things out.

Is it possible to copy something in one Inkscape document and paste it into another, if so how do you do it?

Emperor Ing
2009-05-25, 04:18 PM
Just a question, as I'm new to Inkscape so I'm still trying to figure some things out.

Is it possible to copy something in one Inkscape document and paste it into another, if so how do you do it?

ummm....you...highlight an object, press ctrl-c (copy), open the other document, and press ctrl-v (paste).

Benj
2009-05-25, 04:25 PM
Either I'm highlighting wrong (simply using the select tool), or that doesn't work.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-25, 04:41 PM
in the very latest version of Inkscape (at least for me) its a bit trickier. Certain things have to have been opened first.

Benj
2009-05-25, 04:42 PM
A detailed explanation wood be deeply appreciated

Keris
2009-05-25, 04:42 PM

Open Inkscape. You can open Inkscape then the file, or double click on the file if that works. Now, instead of double clicking on the next file, within Inkscape click File > Open, and use that to open the second file. You should be able to copy and paste between them now.

Benj
2009-05-26, 12:18 AM
Thanks a lot!