View Full Version : ARGH! Baldur's Gate 1 glitch!

Jeivar
2009-05-25, 05:08 PM
Well, after installing Baldur's Gate 1, Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2, Throne of Bhaal, and the Easy Tutu ( http://www.usoutpost31.com/easytutu/#KnownIssues ), and fighting over every square inch of the BG1 map, I'm finally ready to face Sarevok . . . and when I enter the Undercity the entrance cutscene loops. Endlessly. There are a couple of seconds in between each loop, during which I can, say, enter the options menu, but how the hell do I stop the loops without starting all over again?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-25, 05:41 PM
Disable movies in the Graphics Options page?

Reload a previous save and try again?

Stormthorn
2009-05-26, 10:46 AM
I suggest trying again from your last save.
I hope you saved.

I didnt save once for like an hour and a half and then in BG2 i got stuck being unable to sleep, because i was "in combat" until i went back and killed these guys who were way to strong for my party to take out.

Which of course i had to gether before venturing forth.

Jeivar
2009-05-26, 10:58 AM
I suggest trying again from your last save.
I hope you saved.

Might that really help? I have such a piss-poor understanding of computers, that I don't really get why these kinds of glitches happen.

Which of course i had to gether before venturing forth.

Ahhhhh yesssss . . . . Could that be the most hated bit of voiceover in gaming history?

Shikton
2009-05-26, 11:04 AM
I think this might work, it'll trick the game into believing you've already played the movie (make sure you backup the original file before editing!!):

View All Movies
1. Open the file called Baldur.ini in your Baldur's Gate folder. The default location of the file is:
C:Program FilesBlack IsleBaldur's GateBaldur.ini
2. Copy the lines below (highlight them and use CTRL+C) and paste them below the [Movies] entry.

DEATHAND=1
REST=1
BGSUNSET=1
BGENTER=1
IRONTHRN=1
PALACE=1
TAVERN=1
DUNGEON=1
BGSUNRIS=1
CAMP=1
WYVERN=1
BHAAL=1
SEWER=1
ENDMOVIE=1
ELDRCITY=1
MINEFLOD=1
ENDCRDIT=1
GNOLL=1
NASHKELL=1
BG4LOGO=1
TSRLOGO=1
BILOGO=1
INFELOGO=1
INTRO=1
FRARMINN=1

3. Save the files and run the game.

Jeivar
2009-05-26, 11:31 AM
I think this might work, it'll trick the game into believing you've already played the movie (make sure you backup the original file before editing!!):

Thanks, but it didn't work.

Also, I just realized I've actually been playing the regular, unenhanced version of BG1, rather than the EasyTutu version. I didn't realize the original version still existed on my computer, or that there would be a separate link to it . . .

Oh yes, I'm good with computers.

:smallfurious:

Winthur
2009-05-29, 07:46 PM
Ahhhhh yesssss . . . . Could that be the most hated bit of voiceover in gaming history?

I actually like that. To the point I find that in my mind everything is narrated in calm voice of Piotr Fronczewski (who provides the narration in Polish Baldur's Gate dubbing).