PDA

View Full Version : Hathran 3.5

Starshade
2009-05-25, 06:00 PM
Anyone who's played a Hathran in FR, 3.5?

At first sight, i think it looks as garbage, but, i was thinking, is it possible to make something out of it?
Only thing i could think of is if , say the party is composed almost entirely of female human rahemi, all of classes who can take the Ethran feat at some point (druids, rangers, paladin, etc), and have the Hathran lead circles composed of player characters.

Emy
2009-05-25, 06:36 PM
I disagree that it looks like "garbage". For example, take a look at Rashemi Spirit Magic (Ex). Then take a look at the first spell listed here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040710a)

As for Circle Magic... Leadership continues to be the most borked feat in 3.5.

Zephyros
2009-05-25, 07:15 PM
Hathran Witch is the reason I don't let Arcane Casters PCs originate from Rashemen (that is when we play FR 3.5)

edit: Of course that Acorn thing can make it even more stupid :smallbiggrin:
(home is where your acorn is... :smalltongue:)

Starshade
2009-05-26, 12:34 AM
It should go without saying the PrC seems odd: its not even balanced properly. It got no circle limits.

The Hathrans could probably cast magic of same size as The riftwar saga's Kelewan epic spell to cast out the enemy (all of them used all their power :smalltongue: ).

But serious, if you'd go with a wizard build you'd bork up your character's casting level, loosing casting levels. If say, someone wanted to play a female witch with the background, not in a team of spellcasters, would the class be totally useless if one dont want to exploit the obvious ways to cast spells as lvl 253? :smallamused:

Emy
2009-05-26, 10:14 AM
It should go without saying the PrC seems odd: its not even balanced properly. It got no circle limits.

The Hathrans could probably cast magic of same size as The riftwar saga's Kelewan epic spell to cast out the enemy (all of them used all their power :smalltongue: ).

But serious, if you'd go with a wizard build you'd bork up your character's casting level, loosing casting levels. If say, someone wanted to play a female witch with the background, not in a team of spellcasters, would the class be totally useless if one dont want to exploit the obvious ways to cast spells as lvl 253? :smallamused:

FRCS says "maximum level 40th" :)

Goatman_Ted
2009-05-26, 10:23 AM
But serious, if you'd go with a wizard build you'd bork up your character's casting level, loosing casting levels.
Where does it lose caster levels?

I see the Hathran trading its bonus feats for Leadership and Circle Magic abilities.

So if you don't want to make use of Leadership, it kinda sucks.
If you do, it can get ridiculous quickly.