PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul Celestial Mount

newcresty
2009-05-25, 08:29 PM
Why can't I stop picturing O-Chul escaping from a window with a fly-type paladin celestial mount, breaking every single guess of his mount being something relationed with his epic toughness?

holywhippet
2009-05-25, 08:51 PM
Why can't I stop picturing O-Chul escaping from a window with a fly-type paladin celestial mount, breaking every single guess of his mount being something relationed with his epic toughness?

Escaping? The only reason he might fall back is if he plans to drop the phylactory into the snarl tear. He will not run otherwise.

I doubt any paladin would have a flight type mount unless it suited the setting. Flight would let them rain death from above and that doesn't match their code of conduct.

newcresty
2009-05-25, 09:27 PM
The best use for the phylactery right now is to hold on to it and hiding away from Xykon, we have seen O-Chul is not stupid, he could have escaped anytime he wanted cause he knew the jail barr was loose, he just waited for the moment. Besides, he saw all the action X vs V, an 2 epic souls powered wizard against Xykon couldn't win, he know he can ever stand a chance aganst xykon, so losing all the work and the advantage on holding the lich's philactery, which, if what I know is correct, xykon can't build a new oe until the last one is broken. Holding onto it is a prfect tactical advantage over Xykon once he is defeated, again.

And that's why I think O-Chul would try to survive and fight another day with "Xykon's Insurance to keep rocking on" on his hand.

Superglucose
2009-05-25, 09:52 PM
Excuse him, he's one of the many who froth at the idea of "MAAAASCULINE" O-Chul, and clearly thinking isn't a "MAAAAASCULINE" thing :smallwink:

I think O-Chul is on his way outta there ASAP. Now would be the perfect time for his pegasus mount to pop up, so he can take the phylactery to Hinjo & co. and figure out where to go from there.

holywhippet
2009-05-25, 09:58 PM
I think O-Chul is on his way outta there ASAP. Now would be the perfect time for his pegasus mount to pop up, so he can take the phylactery to Hinjo & co. and figure out where to go from there.

I doubt it. His speech to the MitD was pretty clear - he's not intending to escape. He wanted to kill Redcloak but since he fled he's now going to try and kill the lich. His duty is to kill the enemy invaders or die trying. The only way he's escaping is if V recovers and hauls him out.

silvadel
2009-05-25, 10:13 PM
I dont think he has a mount.

Swordster
2009-05-25, 10:16 PM
I remain convinced that O-Chul has no intention of hiding the phylactery, fleeing with it, or dropping it in the Snarl. As a fighter-turned-paladin, I imagine he is not completely up to snuff on lich lore and knows nothing about phylacteries except what he overheard from Soon. He probably thinks that destroying the phylactery will destroy Xykon immediately. I think he's going to smash it right away, which will divert Xykon's attention from the defeated V to O-Chul, who has become a potential threat. Whether or not he survives after that is open for debate.

holywhippet
2009-05-25, 10:44 PM
I dont think he has a mount.

Possibly. Paladins don't get a mount until level 5 and O-Chul has indicated he had a fair number of levels under his belt before he became a paladin.

Badgercloak
2009-05-25, 10:55 PM
Celestial Rhino. Strong, enduring, and awesome.

R. Malcovitch
2009-05-26, 01:23 AM
How can O-Chul's mount be anything other than a rhinoceros? The only possible alternative is some sort of dinosaur, and we haven't seen any in the OotSverse.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-26, 01:31 AM
How can O-Chul's mount be anything other than a rhinoceros? The only possible alternative is some sort of dinosaur, and we haven't seen any in the OotSverse.

He could pull off a Dire Wolverine, I imagine, although the Rhino does seem more appropriate.

dogmac
2009-05-26, 02:06 AM
O-chul has a golem as his celestial mount. Not a boring bone golem. A steel one.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-26, 02:48 AM

O-Chul doesn't seem to know if Hinjo is even still alive. As he says in #654 "No, my duty. My obligation to my dead comrades and my late lord. Or lords, as the case might be".

Besides, even if he did think there was some sort of Azure City in exile happening he wouldn't know where it was.

I doubt any paladin would have a flight type mount unless it suited the setting. Flight would let them rain death from above and that doesn't match their code of conduct.

Well, Lien has a shark to match her background, if a Paladin hailed form some lofty mountain village or something I could see them having some sort of flying beasty.

So I guess then the question would be: Does O-Chul seem like a tough and rugged mountain man? :smallbiggrin:

He could pull off a Dire Wolverine, I imagine, although the Rhino does seem more appropriate.

I agree a rhino does seem appropriate, although if possible something like an elephant doesn't seem bad. Big, strong but also has the image of wise with a long memory.

Or maybe a mammoth, as opposed to the dire one Redcloak summoned up.

elliott20
2009-05-26, 02:55 AM
the only reason o-chul would retreat is just so he can give xykon a chance to pick up another dozen levels just so he will have some mid-afternoon entertainment.

Personally I would love to see O-Chul's mount be something that is bipedal, like, a minotaur or something.

Nimrod's Son
2009-05-26, 03:27 AM
Personally I would love to see O-Chul's mount be something that is bipedal, like, a minotaur or something.
Ooh! I know! An ostrich!

Ancalagon
2009-05-26, 03:34 AM
O'Chuls mount is a tank. Wrooom!

Nimrod's Son
2009-05-26, 03:39 AM
O-Chul's mount is the whole damn planet.

Eesh... now I sound like someone posting in the "O-Chul facts" thread. Excuse me while I go shower.

Cracklord
2009-05-26, 04:19 AM
O-Chuls mount is a 60 HD Umbral Blot (Living black hole).

Hydro Globus
2009-05-26, 04:20 AM
O-Chul's mount is the whole damn planet.

Eesh... now I sound like someone posting in the "O-Chul facts" thread. Excuse me while I go shower.

Is he a high enough level for the planet to be able to Command creatures of its kind?

Cen
2009-05-26, 04:52 AM
His mount is Erfworld'ish Zombie-volcano

Crowbar
2009-05-26, 06:33 AM
O-Chul's mount is Chuck Norris. O-Chul stands on Chuck's shoulders, and then the do a Smite Evil roundhouse kick.

silvadel
2009-05-26, 09:32 AM
I think he took the option that lets you take a spirit instead -- and the reason he comes back every single day is because at night he is getting a double powered lay of hands from said.