PDA

View Full Version : Techgnomes (PEACH)

BelkarsDagger
2006-05-04, 01:13 AM
NOTE: This was not based off of the strikingly similar Tinker Gnome race in 2.0ed--- I have never read ANY 2.0ed things from DnD.

I've thought about the gnome race in D&D for a while, and after playing WoW, I wondered if it was possible to either re-do the gnomes, or have a subrace gnome. either way, Please Examine and Comment Honestly (PEACH).

Techgnomes

These are the outcasts of the gnomish race for one reason: they have abandoned the trickster-ways and religions of the gnomes. What have they replaced it with? The study of machinery. Small, even for a gnome, most often missing limbs or eyes due to explosions, techgnomes often form their own little underground communities and trade metal with the dwarves.

+2 Intelligence because techgnomes know how things work.
-2 Wisdom because they are naturally impulsive.
Techgnomes have stonecunning, darkvision, and get an extra skill each level if it is used for any type of Craft related to building machines or technology (such as Woodworking). Small size, land speed of 20ft, -1 to Tumble and Jump checks because in their enviornment they do not need such tactics.

Favored Class: Any, in the same way as humans. this makes up for the fact that techgnomes cannot worship a deity; they long ago abandoned the belief of greater powers. This also means that techgnomes cannot be clerics or paladins.

Techgnomes can build construct bodies assuming they have the materials.

This is not meant for actual use, but rather for fun, if I have forgotten something important just say so. Please, be honest. If it sucks really really really hard, feel free to say so.

Matthew
2006-05-04, 10:41 AM
This sounds similar to the 2.0 Tinker Gnome (oh horror of horrors). Is that what you had in mind?

BelkarsDagger
2006-05-04, 12:27 PM
Surprisingly no, I've never read anything but 3.5ed. It was modeled after the gnomes from World of Warcraft.

@V :o :o :o Wow thats... strikingly similar... :o :o :o

Matthew
2006-05-04, 12:31 PM
I see. Well, just type "Tinker Gnome" into a Google search and you will no doubt soon see what I am referring to...

Edit: Ah, looks like the World of War Craft Gnomes were probably based on the 2.0 Tinker Gnome. And thus the cycle is complete.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-30, 10:57 PM
There're stats for the Warcraft gnomes in Dragon 320.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-07-31, 12:05 PM
There's stats for Warcraft Gnomes in the Warcraft RPG...