PDA

View Full Version : Moving Threads

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-07-27, 11:29 PM
Comrade Gorby: As you are no doubt aware by now, the mods are in the process of moving a large number fo threads from Gaming (d20 and General RPG) over to this new forum. Whenever a thread gets moved, it jumps to the top of the front page of the forum, which means old threads from the original forum will tend to push threads started here down.

This move will probably take several days, so please check the back pages for threads that have been pushed down but are recent. Also, I suggest book-marking any that catch your attention for the time being so they don't get lost.

Please bear with us while we sort all these threads out.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-28, 01:27 AM
If we post in the old threads being moved, it won't count as thread necromancy, will it?

Coffee_Dragon
2006-07-28, 09:16 AM
Who would even use a bulletin board that can't be told to automatically sort threads by last post date?

Overlord
2006-07-28, 01:44 PM
Although the threads are near the front page, they are still old, right? Would posting in these be considered thread necromancy? Does it not matter either way, or is posting under old threads just going to make the process of transferring threads more difficult.

Edit: Whoops. Sorry about asking the question twice.

Vaynor
2006-07-28, 02:25 PM
Who would even use a bulletin board that can't be told to automatically sort threads by last post date?
Us.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-07-28, 08:51 PM
Comrade Gorby: We won't jump all over you for posting to those threads, but keep in mind in some cases the OPs and others have moved on and aren't available to respond. Hopefully the moving should be all caught up shortly so it will become a non-issue.

In the meantime, think of it as getting a peak at the olden days that you may have missed or forgotten.

Overlord
2006-07-28, 09:20 PM
Comrade Gorby: We won't jump all over you for posting to those threads, but keep in mind in some cases the OPs and others have moved on and aren't available to respond. Hopefully the moving should be all caught up shortly so it will become a non-issue.

In the meantime, think of it as getting a peak at the olden days that you may have missed or forgotten.

Ah. I was just wondering if posting on these old threads during the move would be disruptive to the process. I'll refrain from posting in the old threads then. Thanks for the reply. :)

Jarl
2006-07-29, 02:53 AM
I'll keep doing it.

-I like the sight of my own text.

Peregrine
2006-07-29, 05:13 AM
Hmm, this is going to break the links in the Compendium, isn't it? (I guess -- hope! -- the Compendium will be kept going, although it'd be more up-to-date and less pressure on JackMann if there was some way for others to more directly participate. Perhaps a handful of volunteers who periodically PM a mod with updates?)

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 12:38 PM
Hmm, this is going to break the links in the Compendium, isn't it? (I guess -- hope! -- the Compendium will be kept going, although it'd be more up-to-date and less pressure on JackMann if there was some way for others to more directly participate. Perhaps a handful of volunteers who periodically PM a mod with updates?)
Perhaps an OotS Homebrew Wiki.

Soniku
2006-07-30, 07:44 PM
Uh, I posted a rather massive chunk of stuff here without noticeing this thread... oops. :-X

Can I assume it doesn't matter if I save it and re-post when were done moveing?

hanswurst
2006-07-30, 08:06 PM
And you know what the really good news are ?
PEACH is dead ;D ;D
no really, with that new category we can get rid of that annoyance !
or at least it's easier to avoid, as i won't check this board as often as the other ones 8)

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-07-30, 08:14 PM
Comrade Gorby: As of now, the major thread move for this forum should be complete. Feel free to start posting new stuff again. Also, if something you posted in the last few days got knocked off the front page by the thread move, feel free to bump it back to the top.

Please enjoy this forum in a normal fashion.