PDA

View Full Version : [Acro] Monument to the Efficacy of Steam I

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

AmberVael
2009-05-26, 11:07 PM
Within a valley a short distance from the organizations nearby is a wide, circular building with five arms protruding from it- each arm a hydraulic device that suck essence and steam out of the five geysers that surrounding the center of the valley. Bursts of green steam can be seen swirling artfully away from the devices as they safely draw away the resources and channel them into the building's heart- a heart of pistons pumping the magical lifeblood throughout the manse via cables of silvery metal. The glow of power can be seen in the walls, and felt streaming through the air as the building channels it all to the appropriate locations.

Upon entering the large, steel double doors, one would find themselves in the outermost chambers, which form a circle around the inner chambers. The outer chambers are adjusted perfectly as living conditions- the temperature, air supply, smell, and generally anything you can think of being perfected for human use. The floors are nicely padded with a soft gray mat that absorbs and disposes of anything spilled on it, while any of the walls can be adapted into displays or interfaces for communication within the building, simple computers, or simply large, magical white boards. What is more, all of the doors open on mental command, approach, or touch (assuming they haven't been locked), lighting can be controlled with a thought, and furnishings are adaptable to any sort of purpose (a chair could unfold into a couch, table, or bed, or could collapse into a small nightstand). As such, each room has a completely identical set of furniture which can be adjusted to the user's needs. The outer chambers provide nice views of the outside, and a number of them contain small hotsprings. Typically these areas are used for personal rooms or entertainment.

After exploring the outer chambers, one would enter the intermediate chambers. Within this area is the library- but not in the usual sense of a library; this library is an archive of luminous crystals that store knowledge inside them. With a touch of a hand, one can access its index and sort through its knowledge, and transcribe any material they wish to take elsewhere onto a single, softly glowing sheet of paper that can hold an extraordinary amount of information. Also within the intermediate chambers is an armory containing a large number of potent magical weapons (all of which are secured against anyone who is not authorized), a storage chamber (which is sealed off to anyone not authorized), and a large gallery for audiences and museum display. The gallery is capable of displaying a number of fantastic views, and manipulating its contents with finesse to prepare for any occasion.

The central chamber, however, is the most captivating. The large, single room contains a vivid pool of red, yellows, greens, edging deep blue water that glistens in the room's lights, sparkling with magic and beauty. Surrounding this pool are a myriad of machines and workplaces neatly provided with the most exquisite and well crafted tools, a furnace powered by the intense heat of the lava flow beneath the valley with a series of hammers and bellows, a lathe that adjusts in every way to the slightest touch, and far more besides, some that only the most specialized magic users and craftsmen could identify. High above are a series of mirrors and lenses, and a ceiling that can slide open to display sun, star, and moonlight- capable of focusing or blocking out any specific one at the user's desire. This central room is a workplace of wonder, surpassed by none and only equaled by few.

This is the home and workplace of Yaza, Precise Workings in Gold. Here she takes commissions for artifacts of wondrous powers, designates jobs to those willing to seek out rare components for her, and entertains her friends. Her enemies, however, should be warned that the place has a series of quite potent defenses...

Welcome to the Factory Cathedral, the manse known as the Monument to the Efficacy of Steam.

Artifact Information
Yaza creates very potent artifacts for anyone who asks. These artifacts are not things to be commissioned and taken lightly- they are true magical creations, powerful relics of legend that bind themselves to one user, and that user alone. While some use lesser magic to enchant items, Yaza's technique forges true artifacts that possess powers and rules that cannot be dismissed.

The following two magical laws apply to Yaza's artifacts:

Law of Ownership

The artifacts will not work as well, or truly be owned, for anyone but the person Yaza created it for. Someone attempting to use an artifact that isn't their own will find it well made, but also have a sense of wrongness about it that may cause them great difficulty in using it.
What is more, the ownership of the item is a bond breakable only by severe circumstances, such as the death of the owner. Unless the bond is broken, it is highly difficult to remove an artifact from its owner except for temporarily- thought the owner can lend and put it down as they wish. An owner also has an innate understanding of where their artifact is and its general condition. If an owner of an artifact remains dead for five days, the artifact returns to the only other who can lay claim to it- Yaza, the original creator. (Due to her connection to the artifact, Yaza has a vague sense of where and how the artifact is as well.)
OOC: this is an OOC agreement you agree to when Yaza creates an artifact for your character. If the character is really dead for five days (including becoming undead- though if an artifact is made for an originally undead character either becoming alive or being destroyed would trigger this instead), then the artifact returns to Yaza, and comes under my control once more.

Law of Resistance

Yaza's artifacts, regardless of the materials and apparent nature, are extremely resistant to harm, and may even seem nigh invulnerable. They can be damaged, or even destroyed, but actually ridding the world of one forever requires great effort and power. To damage one to the point where it will no longer function requires rare and destructive magic, repeated assault with the use of an item of similar potency, or intricate understanding of its creation combined with appropriate attempts to undermine its workings. Even then, however, the artifact can still be repaired. To destroy one forever is an undertaking of epic proportions.
OOC: this is a second OOC agreement and understanding that it takes far more than normal magic or mundane efforts to damage an artifact. To actually destroy one beyond repair not only takes a truly unique set of circumstances, but my express OOC approval.

OOC Note- this probably isn't entirely complete yet- either because there are things I assume and take for granted, or because this freeform environment tosses something completely unexpected at me that really messes with the rules. So there may be changes.

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 04:31 AM
Woah. This...wasn't here when I left?

Shrike, having stumbled across the place after leaving the Taverna, narrows her eyes a little and studies it carefully.

Yaza, huh? Explains why she wasn't at the Taverna, she's been a busy girl...

Heading up to the entrance, the, still slightly singed and fairly exposed, redhead heads inside.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 04:51 PM
The door opens as she moves up to it.
A pleasant, light female voice addresses Shrike as she enters.

"Welcome to the Monument to the Efficacy of Steam. If you have business with Yaza, please state your name and business, and she will be with you shortly. If you wish to tour the manse, I can create a guide for you, or else list the places you are currently allowed access to."
The voice seems to come from the walls.

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 05:26 PM
Shrike looks up, tucking a singed strand of hair behind her ear, and grins a little.
Name's Shrike. I'm here to make a special delivery that Yaza requested.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 05:29 PM
"Right this way please."
An arrow appears on the wall, pointing towards a door that should lead inwards towards the center of the building.
Upon opening it, Shrike will find herself in a hallway that leads directly towards a door to the inner chamber.

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 05:47 PM
In the hallway Shrike goes, whistling a inanely cheerful tune.
It's not quite the 'I got paid twice!' kind of cheerful, but it's close.

Reaching the door, she opens it.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 05:50 PM
Shrike will see the central chamber and all of the wondrous machinery within, as well as the small, prismatic pool. Yaza is working with a strange molten metal that she appears to be singing to... however, as Shrike approaches, she seems to complete her work, and place a bar of now cooled metal on a bench.
"Shrike. You found it then?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 05:55 PM
The prismatic pool catches the redhead's eye, but she nods and produces the bag triumphantly, handing it to Yaza. Indeed I did. Got this to show for it, too. She motions to where most of her top has been burned away.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 05:57 PM
"I see."
Yaza doesn't even blink at the sight, noting it impassively as she takes the bag and gently removes the plant inside, setting it out carefully before drawing a small vial from her bag.
"I can deal with the burns if you need me to. Free of charge."

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 06:02 PM
Shrike shrugs, then nods. If it's not a problem. Won't help the clothes, but I needed a new outfit anyway.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 06:06 PM
Yaza dribbles the contents of the vial onto her hand, then gently rubs the ointment over Shrike's burns. It will tingle and make a sizzling sound, but the main feeling will be that it is strangely cold, and feels like it is hardening Shrike's skin.
And, in fact, it is. When Shrike looks down, she'll likely note that while the burns are gone, the injured skin seems to have turned to brass.

"Your skin will go back to normal given time."
States Yaza, siphoning off the excess ointment from her hand.

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 06:14 PM
The coldness brings on a shiver, and Shrike pokes experimentally at the healed areas with a raised eyebrow.
Well, that's different. How much time?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 06:17 PM
"It depends on the size of the wound."
She eyes Shrike critically.
"I'd give it five to seven days."
Yaza sits down on her work bench and gestures for Shrike to seat herself.
"So, have you thought about what you will request for payment?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 07:02 PM
Somewhat, Shrike says after a moment's consideration. You said you did stuff that does enhancements, right?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 07:04 PM
"I did. Most of these are a rather long process, however, and I am not quite stocked for them. You would need to wait for your payment."
Yaza considers.
"If you are interested in that, there is something similar I could do for you. What do you think of tattoos?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 07:13 PM
Well, I've got one, but it's just a plain old one. Never really got around to getting one of the special ones though. Shrike grins. You know how to make 'em, then?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 07:21 PM
"I do."
Yaza stands and moves to a special, locked cabinet, which she begins unlocking.
"There is a particular art I learned in which one captures a demon and strips it of its flesh, reducing it to its soul and essence. With this liquid, one can do a great many things."
She removes the lock from the cabinet and opens it, revealing a large array of jars, tightly sealed and made of metal, so as not to shatter if dropped.
"One thing one may do is use magic and needlework to insert the remnants of the demon underneath flesh, and create a tattoo that confers some of the demons abilities."
Yaza selects one jar and moves over to Shrike, twisted off the lid and displaying it to her- within is a silvery liquid that seems to shimmer and hum with a soft song.
"It is called Chalcanth."
It smells very good...

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 07:27 PM
And so she can't resist but take a good whiff!
I think I'll go with this Chalcanth stuff. What sort of abilities are we talking about here?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 07:34 PM
"It depends on the demon in question. Some demons will increase your strength substantially, and confer instinctual ability with war and weaponry."
Yaza swirls the flask in front of her.
"This one is a demon harpist- it would increase your beauty, persuasiveness, and performance skills."
The synthetic woman looks down at the contents.
"Incidentally, Chalcanth is also used in the creation of artifacts, while some simply drink it outright."

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 07:42 PM
Hmm. Persuasiveness, you say..
Shrike seems to be giving that some serious thought.
What about athetlicism? And would drinking it give the same benifits as having it made into a tattoo?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 07:46 PM
"Athletics..."
Yaza puts down the jar she was displaying and moves to the cabinet.
"Perhaps one of the blood apes, or jade lions."
She looks back at Shrike.
"And no, it does not- the effects of drinking it are mostly temporary. It renews one's energy, induces euphoria, and transfers a few of the demon's memories."

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 07:55 PM
I think I'll take a pass on that then. Is there a limit to how many a person can have? 'Cause being more persuasive and more athletic would be great.

It might be noted the redheaded lightning-slinger is already athletic enough she does backflips off apartment buildings for kicks...

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 08:00 PM
"They are rather large tattoos, and the demonic influence might be rather strong with more than one. Still, it could be possible."
States Yaza.
"It's possible I could find an appropriate demon to give you a mixture of abilities, if that is what you prefer."

The Bushranger
2009-05-27, 08:05 PM
I think I could go for that. Shrike nods, grinning. If it's not too much of a bother. Speaking of which, you got any more jobs you need done?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 08:50 PM
"The question is not whether I have jobs, but whether I can afford to pay out on them."
States Yaza.
"Luckily, I have a fair amount of coinage and some resources for artifacts now."
She gestures to the cabinet.
"Now, I can give you a tattoo and have it done within an hour, but I need to know what demon to use. I currently have a wide variety of common demons..."
Yaza considers.
"For your purposes, I suggest either a gilmyne or a chrysogonae."
The synthetic woman looks at Shrike for a moment.
"A gilmyne would be most suitable, I believe. They are dancers of flame, striking a harmony between athleticism and social adeptness."

FireFox
2009-05-27, 09:46 PM
The fox-girl cometh.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 09:49 PM
Angela will find her way into the first outerchamber with no trouble, at which point she is greeted by the same pleasant, female voice that greeted Shrike.

"Welcome to the Monument to the Efficacy of Steam, home and workplace of Precise Workings in Gold. How may I assist you?"
The walls seem to light up faintly around Angela.

FireFox
2009-05-27, 09:51 PM
Yaza wanted to see me about an artifact. Angela glances around curiously.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 09:57 PM
Angela will see she's in a rather simple room- there are two couches to either side, along with a desk that appears connected to the wall. There is a door on each wall, leading into other parts of the building.
"One moment."
There is a pause, then the voice speaks again.
"Yaza will meet you in the room on your left."
Arrows flash along the wall and floor towards the appropriate room.
"She will be with you momentarily. Is there anything else I may do for you?"

If Angela enters the room on her left, she will see if furnished with a few chairs, a desk, and a long couch. However, in the center of the room is a bubbling, brilliant blue hotspring edged with gold.

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:01 PM
That'll be it. Angela enters the room and examines the hotspring.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:06 PM
The hotspring seems to be kept natural and clean, despite its most unusual coloring of gold and vivid blue. The heat it puts out is quite relaxing, and overall it is large enough to serve as a sizable hot tub. It seems inviting, really.

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:07 PM
Angela stares at it for a little more, then looks around the rest of the room as she waits.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:09 PM
The walls glow softly like screens, and all of the furniture seems almost... liquid in a fashion, as if they could slide into a new form at any moment. It's rather spartan, but soft and relaxing.

Yaza enters from the opposite side of the room and inclines her head in greeting as she takes a seat in one of the chairs, which instantly conforms to her.
"Angela. I've been expecting you."

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:10 PM
Hello Yaza. Angela nods back and smiles slightly. How are you?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:16 PM
"So far, flourishing."
Yaza gestures around her.
"My Manse is working at full power, and I see a future of trade here."

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear it. Now that the preliminaries are dispensed with... Did you want more input on the sword?

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:28 PM
"I did. I also thought you might want to see the Manse, perhaps see some of the other things I can offer... and of course, if you're interested, I always have more jobs available."
Yaza gestures to one wall, and it swiftly sweeps away its blank surface, changing displays to show a wide variety of sword designs- all of them rather large, to tell the truth- far heftier than normal blades.
"Here are the sword designs I am most familiar with. Daiklaves, they are called where I am from. For you in particular, I had considered these designs-"
She sweeps her hand at three- one of them is long and relatively thin, curved faintly at the end. Another is short and double edged, symmetrical and appears that it would have superb balance. The last seems designed similar to a falchion.

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:30 PM
If you need any more help, just call for me. Angela walks closer and looks at the designs for a brief moment. That one, the first one.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:35 PM
"Very good."
Yaza waves the other designs off of the display, then whirls up a few other pictures- one of a type of metal, and then various designs for the blade to take, along with insets and differing components.
"Now, I believe I said moonsilver would best fit you as a metal, so that will be our base material- however I need to know if you intend to power the weapon with your own magic, or if you need me to provide you with an essence battery of some kind. What is more, we also need to determine the best components to suit you."
She presses a finger against the wall, blinks, then removes it before continuing to speak.
"Obviously some of these things may be hard to determine on your own, so I am arranging for various components to be brought to us. However, if you can state any preference or predisposition you have to any elements, philosophies, or causes, it might help."

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:40 PM
Um. Angela has to think about that, not completely sure what Yaza is asking. I can power it with my own magic. I don't really like one element more than the other, but my combat style is Water. Strike where my enemy is weak, attack quickly from high to low, fluidity in movement...

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 10:44 PM
"That is a very useful comparison. Thank you. I believe our secondary building material will be blue jade then- and I have obtained a very special pearl that I can likely use in its construction, though there is also some coral, sand, and river stones that could bear looking into."
A slot opens in the wall, and what appears to be an egg slides out of the slot. Yaza takes this egg and sets it on the ground, then opens it, beginning to look inside. She draws out two small silvery daggers, a pearl, a bottle of sand, a series of stones, coral wrapped in a cloth, what might be bones, and then a few small bottles of varying liquids.
"First- here, hold these."
She offers Angela the daggers.
"I want you to attempt to pour magical energy into them until you sense that they can't hold more, and then tell me how they feel."

FireFox
2009-05-27, 10:45 PM
Angela takes the daggers and spins them around her hands a few times before untapping her energy and pouring it into them.

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 11:00 PM
To simple touch, there is no obvious difference- but as her magic enters into the daggers, Angela will be able to tell a definite difference between the two.

The dagger on her left feels warm and unstable, like a living thing. In some way it feels like it ties her to the earth, and has a motion and fluidity of its own. While it seems unpredictable, it is also stable in its own way, paired and cyclically bound to the magic she placed inside. To her magical touch, it is caressing and gentle.

The dagger on her right is cool and in her mind she can feel her magic twist into beautiful, alien patterns within it. She can feel the lightness in it, and the smooth, strangely arcing waves it would create. It is just as unpredictable as the first, but somehow seems to have a strange clarity and perfection to its variability that the other lacks. Placing her magic within it gives her a feel of euphoric potency.

FireFox
2009-05-27, 11:03 PM
Angela considers the feel of the blades for a long while before holding up the right one. This one feels better. Cold and confidently powerful... The other one is too soft.

((Deadtime))

AmberVael
2009-05-27, 11:09 PM
"Very good."
Says Yaza, gently taking the daggers from Angela.
"Then I will use that method for working the moonsilver. There are two very different methods to work each type of magical material- each one suited to a different type of person. The one you chose is generally the one I recommend over the other, should someone have a decision to make between them."
She slides the daggers back into the egg, and then picks up the other varying items.
"I think I can decide between these items myself, knowing what I do now. I am thinking I will use the pearl, and this-"
She looks over the items, then looks in the egg and draws out a small pouch, which contains a shark egg.
"They are both components more in tune with the method you chose. If you wish, I can tell you their histories."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:24 AM
"The question is not whether I have jobs, but whether I can afford to pay out on them."
States Yaza.
"Luckily, I have a fair amount of coinage and some resources for artifacts now."
She gestures to the cabinet.
"Now, I can give you a tattoo and have it done within an hour, but I need to know what demon to use. I currently have a wide variety of common demons..."
Yaza considers.
"For your purposes, I suggest either a gilmyne or a chrysogonae."
The synthetic woman looks at Shrike for a moment.
"A gilmyne would be most suitable, I believe. They are dancers of flame, striking a harmony between athleticism and social adeptness."

Seeing as I have no idea of the difference between those two and you do, I'll take your word for it. It does sound like it would be a good fit. The redheaded electrokineticist smirks. And as for payment, I don't charge too much, especially if the job is...fun. The smirk changes into a grin. This last job? It was fun.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:36 AM
"I'm glad you enjoyed it."
States Yaza, waving a hand at one of her benches, transforming it to a cross between a bed and an operating table- it is nicely cushioned, and raised high enough to give her easy access to anyone sitting on it.
"I assume you'll want the tattoo across your back. It is the easiest area to put it on, and the most common."
She waves a cart, and it wheels over with all of the tools she'll need. There are a number of needles, a few small flasks, bottles, and vials, as well as some strange tools that will be hard to recognize.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 10:01 AM
"Very good."
Says Yaza, gently taking the daggers from Angela.
"Then I will use that method for working the moonsilver. There are two very different methods to work each type of magical material- each one suited to a different type of person. The one you chose is generally the one I recommend over the other, should someone have a decision to make between them."
She slides the daggers back into the egg, and then picks up the other varying items.
"I think I can decide between these items myself, knowing what I do now. I am thinking I will use the pearl, and this-"
She looks over the items, then looks in the egg and draws out a small pouch, which contains a shark egg.
"They are both components more in tune with the method you chose. If you wish, I can tell you their histories."

Sure, I'd like that.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:12 AM
"This was originally a pearl created by a giant oyster in the far west of creation. It began as a seed of essence implanted by an enlightened mortal- that is, someone capable of magic- which was then layered over with a pearl's substance as well as the natural water essence that flows in the area the oysters occupied."
Yaza states, beginning to draw up a more complete design for Angela's sword on the wall.
"The pearl was enchanted as an essence battery, and then implanted into the chest of a great warrior, so his power would be unrivaled by his peers. Eventually, others came to covet the pearl, and he was conspired against by four men, murdered, and the pearl was torn from him- still covered in his blood.
"Each of the four wanted the pearl for themselves, and so they too began to fight after the pearl was removed. Each one of them- but the very last- died clasping the pearl, and their blood wet it. The last put the pearl in his chest, where it remained until his untimely death."
She tosses the pearl to herself.
"It is a pearl of magic and blood."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 10:17 AM
Angela grins, baring sharp canine teeth. So it knows true power then.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:29 AM
"It does."
Says Yaza. Despite her emotionless face, there is a certain dark satisfaction to her words. She moves away from the wall and looks at it, considering as she sits down by the hot spring and sets her feet in its water.
"You will be using quite a deadly weapon."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 10:33 AM
Yes, but I assure you that I will remain its master, and that I do not kill without cause. Angela shrugs and follows her.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:37 AM
"I do not oversee the use of my artifacts- I only create them."
Says Yaza impassively in response. She examines Angela with a sort of mechanical curiosity.
"You share an extraordinary number of characteristics with Lunars, but I do not think you are one. I would be interested to know what you are- if you'll inform me."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 10:41 AM
Angela replies blankly. I am the bastard offspring of a celestial and what can best be described as a half werefox. A Chaotic Goddess of Life took the genetic information from my parents and created me using the best parts of both. She raised me to be her pet assassin. I thought I was an orphan up until when I met my biological parents a few months ago. By all rights I would not have existed naturally without the extensive meddling of the Goddess.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:45 AM
Yaza looks somewhat surprised, which is saying something.
"That is rather unusual- but I see that the product may have been well worth it. You're an extraordinary woman."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:00 AM
Angela acknowledges the... compliment? Flattery? Calculated observation? with an nod of her head. Something like that could only have happened here...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:05 AM
You never quite know what you're dealing with when Yaza says something like that.
"Actually, it sounds similar to things done in my homeland. Sorcerers often dabble with bloodline and heritage. Given time, I myself might be able to duplicate such a feat."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:14 AM
In the past I've come to realize that the Druids are fiercely protective of that which they deem their territory or domain of magic.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:17 AM
Yaza pauses and looks to Angela.
"I am not familiar with druids- I do not believe we had such people in my homeland."
She takes off her coat, as her proximity to the steaming hot spring makes it a bit too much.
"Are they thaumaturges or sorcerers with an emphasis on the biological?"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:21 AM
Druids are, as I am given to understand it, the scientists of nature. They spend their time studying the world, and eventually choose an aspect they wish to specialize in. For instance, my father specializes in mammalogy, which means he is very skilled with magical spells relating to changing mammals or something... So yeah, not all of them are biologists, but if it exists in nature, there's a Druid who studies it.
Angela shrugs again, not terribly interested in the fine art of magic.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:29 AM
"I see. But I do not wish to bore you- perhaps I could show you the library, or the armory? Or would you prefer to oversee the creation of your sword?"
Yaza reaches a hand into the hot spring.
"Of course, the hot spring is an option as well."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:37 AM
Hmm... Angela sits down, takes off her boots, and cautiously dips her feet in the hotspring.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:39 AM
The hot springs are a perfect temperature- it doesn't take long to adjust to it, but it also is warm enough to be relaxing and pleasant.
"I noted that the area was useful for far more than an energy source and workshop."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:44 AM
Ah... it's nice... Angela eyes the strange coloring with caution though.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:45 AM
"Is something wrong?"
Queries Yaza.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:47 AM
No... I've just never seen water this color before... Angela blinks. Is this even real water...?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:52 AM
"It is water enhanced and changed by the magic flowing through the air- a joint font of essence of fire and water."
Explains Yaza.
"Before I had created the manse, its touch alone would have changed you, but now all it will do is rejuvenate and recharge anyone submersed in it long enough. The coloring is merely an artistic side effect."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 11:54 AM
Huh... That's pretty cool... So this whole place is that charged with magic, huh? Angela looks back up at Yaza curiously.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:03 PM
"It is. Everything here is powered by magic, and there is still some left over. This was the most powerful demesne I've ever seen- I theorize that geomancy is uncommon enough to where the flows of essence have never been used or tampered with before, causing them to be far between, but extra potent where they occur."
It might be somewhat hard to pay attention to Yaza's words, however, because she's busy divesting herself of the rest of her clothing, revealing a small swimsuit underneath. Despite all of her impassive and unemotional and robotic nature, Yaza looks really good. Even with that strange hint of gold twining through her flesh- perhaps even because of it. She slips into the hot spring, unfazed as she continues.
"Alternately, it may have something to do with the properties of this place we're in. It seems to be a planar nexus- it might be drawing magic from multiple worlds."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:08 PM
Indeed, Angela seems slightly too preoccupied to have caught anything Yaza said, but apparently she picked up the last bit. A nexus? Yeah, I've heard this place described as such before... Same for this one Town I was in too, actually...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:11 PM
"It's possible that I am wrong, of course."
As Yaza sinks a little deeper in the hot spring, about halfway up her shoulders, small veins of green will become apparent along her arms and legs, glowing dimly in response to the energy she is being recharged with.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:12 PM
Mm, possible, yes... Angela is still sitting on the edge, with only her bare feet in.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:14 PM
Yaza finally seems to notice that Angela is staring a little, and hasn't gotten in the spring.
"Will you join me?"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:18 PM
Ah, I don't have a swimsuit...
She stirs uncomfortably; while she isn't near as impassive as Yaza, it's hard to discern if that is caused by embarrassment or boredom.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:21 PM
Hopefully it isn't boredom, but with Yaza, that might be a possibility.
"I can provide you with one, if you wish."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:24 PM
Well, consider that Angela is somebody who prefers action to inaction, sitting around and talking, regardless of the company or topic of conversation, may very well be too boring for her.
Yeah, okay then.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:26 PM
meanwhile, presumably earlier, as continuity cries in a corner...

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."
States Yaza, waving a hand at one of her benches, transforming it to a cross between a bed and an operating table- it is nicely cushioned, and raised high enough to give her easy access to anyone sitting on it.
"I assume you'll want the tattoo across your back. It is the easiest area to put it on, and the most common."
She waves a cart, and it wheels over with all of the tools she'll need. There are a number of needles, a few small flasks, bottles, and vials, as well as some strange tools that will be hard to recognize.

That big, huh? Shrike considers that for a moment, then shrugs. Doesn't bother me, whatever works best. She soon divests herself of her shirt, allowing Yaza an unobstructed view of her back. Which, it might be noted, has a variety of faint scars - some of which look like burns.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:27 PM
Yaza slides out of the water and gets up, rapping on one of the walls.
"You seem somewhat uncomfortable."
States Yaza.
"Have I done something wrong?"

----

In the other continuity, in the central chamber, Yaza gets out a small vial, which she pours onto Shrike's back. It stings a little, and feels like it is seeping into her flesh.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:31 PM
That brings forth a slight wince, but nothing more, as the redhead waits paitently.
This is definitly an interesting place you've got here.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:32 PM
I do? Angela considers this while looking around her. I'm not used to... all this, you know? I lived outdoors for much of my life before now... and I've never seen anything like this place, or you.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:36 PM
"Hmmm."
Yaza contemplates as a wardrobe appears in the wall, a number of different swimsuits inside.
"Take your pick."
She says, stepping away and gesturing to it.
"And if you have questions, I can answer them- or perhaps give you a more hands on tour of the manse, or a demonstration of exactly what I am."

----

In the inner chamber, Yaza works the strange substance deeper into Shrike's back.
"I worked quite hard on it, and might do a little more yet."
She finishes off her work, and picks up another vial.
"Here, drink this. It'll burn a little going down, but I think you'll like it."
She hands it to Shrike.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:39 PM
Working it in brings a bit of relaxation, and Shrike grins a little. I don't see what else you could do - but then again, magic was never my thing. More mental stuff, little bit a' alchemy.

Eyeing the offered vial, she considers it for a moment, then shrugs, taking it and swigging it down, prepared for the burn.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:40 PM
Angels steps forward, chooses one, and begins to change. A demonstration?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:46 PM
"I am quite mechanical in nature, as you've no doubt noticed. It is possible for me to simply open parts of my body and allow you to see the inside workings- or, perhaps allow you to experience what it is like to be this way. I have a few charms which would allow such a thing."
Yaza turns away from Angela respectfully as she changes.

----

The substance is a bit acidic, as Yaza had implied, but also quite sweet, bringing on a bit of a euphoric haze.
"It is a mixture of vitriol, chalcanth, and a few other substances. It will help numb the pain of the procedure, and also help it along."
She states to Shrike as picks up a flask and empties it onto Shrike's back, this substance more thick and acidic than the first. She begins working it in, massaging gently and thoroughly with her hands.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:48 PM
Angela finishes, and looks at Yaza blankly. No thanks, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to understand it.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:49 PM
"Perhaps."
Yaza slips into the pool and offers Angela a hand to help her in.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:49 PM
Mmm. Definitly great.
Between the mental fog, the mild burning of the goo on her back, and the skilled hands of Yaza, Shrike is rapidly becoming very relaxed, indeed...
Y'r pretty good at this...

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:52 PM
Angela takes the hand and steps in. Ahhh. Nice.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 12:56 PM
Yaza eyes sparkle a little as Angela enters the hot spring, but Angela will likely be distracted by the flowing of power and energy around her and into her. It feels energizing... which probably increases Angela's desire to be active and doing something.
"Have you ever magically linked to someone, Angela?"
Asks Yaza.

----

"Thank you."
Says Yaza quietly to Shrike as she prepares her needles, dipping them into the chalcanth she has prepared. After a moment more, she begins her working, and it is almost more of a stitching process than tattooing- there is pain to it, but the strange writhing of the 'ink' she is doing, combined with her skillful needle work and the substance Shrike drank make it actually feel pretty good.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 12:58 PM
Angela shifts from foot to foot in the spring, slowly turning around with her eyes closed as she feels the magic around her. Magically? No, just telepathically.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:00 PM
Jus' sayin' what's true.
The needlework draws forth a shiver and a few goosebumps, but, thanks to the various other factors, it is, in fact, found to be exceptionally pleasing...
Y'know, I can't believe I'm not the one payin' you for this.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:05 PM
"Would you like to?"
Asks Yaza, her voice sounding a little strange- as if there were an edge of emotion to it.

----

"You did pay me."
Says Yaza to Shrike, the faintest hint of amusement in her voice.
"You did work, and therefore you get this."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:07 PM
Y'got a point, Shrike chuckles, making a pleased sound as Yaza hits a particular spot. If this is what I get I need t' be doin' lots more work f'r you.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 01:08 PM
Angela opens her eyes and looks at Yaza. Yes, I would.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:15 PM
Yaza reaches out to take Angela's hand, bending it slightly to display her wrist.
"This will feel a little strange."
She reaches out with her other hand, a needle extending from its wrist as she attempts to plunge it into Angela's.

If she succeeds, Angela will feel a trickle of power begin flowing between them, which grows larger exponentially, until after a few seconds it is an overwhelming rush of magic whirring through the link Yaza is beginning to form. She'll get hints of memories and thoughts, but most of all she'll feel the essence of what Yaza is.

There is a decidedly mechanical aspect to her that Angela can feel, but more than that, there is humanity to her, it has simply been forged into a new shape- a synthetic shape. Her soul is there, and it sparks with an brilliant energy that is ecstatic to feel and sense.

She'll faintly remember what it was like for Yaza to be created- seized by an unfathomable power and entity that forged her into a new shape- a rigid shape, but a strong one, placing her into this current body.

If the link works, Yaza will be able to sense Angela in return...

----

"I would be satisfied to continue working with you, Shrike."
Shrike can feel the needle progress across her back, and the essence of the demon being tied into her is more secured now, and is seeping into her very being- not taking it over, but tying to it, adding its power to hers.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:20 PM
Then t' feelin's mutual, yeah...
As the binding, for want of a better term, proceeds, Shrike's voice trails off as the sensations, the pleasurable feelings of the needle combining with the rush of added power, start to overwhelm her a bit.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 01:25 PM
Angela is pricked, and the magical link is established in a rush. The girl gasps, then falls silent to observe.

For her part, Angela wasn't born either, created through DNA to be the perfect being apart from the Gods Themselves. Her childhood was fairly nonexistant, heavy training followed by simple assassinations at an early age. The Moon has a very powerful influence on Angela. When the Moon is darkened in the sky, Angela transorms into a full winged celestial. When the Moon if full, she becomes a full werefox. But the Goddess Lunaria, who's symbol is the crescent room, took Angela in after her original creator was destroyed by her parents. Angela became a Chosen One, and received much power and training. But the memory of a given task floats across the link. Yaza will see, through Angela's eyes, the Goddess explaining that Angela can become much more powerful by seducing other people, luring them to bed and then treating them as she pleases.
The last thing of note that will come to Yaza is Angela's subconscious feeling that she is not her own, that more have controlled her than herself.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:30 PM
After a while, the whirl of magic and power between them subsides, leaving a fainter but tangible link, and the needle still slightly embedded in Angela's wrist. Yaza's eyes are faintly gleaming with the emotion she experienced, her own faint emotions echoing in response to them.

----

Yaza's continues to work on the tattoo, and eventually she withdraws the needle, though the demon still strains a little against its tie to Shrike. She places one hand on Shrike's back, keeping her where she is as she gets another tool- a long, flat surfaced tool that she presses up against the tattoo, sliding it along and forcing the demon's essence deeper and cementing it to Shrike, tying them together deeply and permanently.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 01:33 PM
Angela is breathing heavily, overwhelmed by the emotions and magical connection to Yaza. She doesn't even trust her voice well enough right now to speak.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:38 PM
Gasping as the binding completes, Shrike shudders before opening her eyes, the pleasant haze of euphoria from the earlier drink still making things very...well, euphoric.
Wow.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:45 PM
Yaza is grinning a little now, her emerald eyes flickering with life.
"What did you think?"
She withdraws the needle slowly, and the magic fades a bit more before surging back to the baseline connection between them with a snap.

----

Yaza looks down at Shrike.
"How does it feel now?"
She sits down next to her.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 01:47 PM
I, ah, wow... Angela reaches out to grab Yaza's shoulders to steady herself. That was... it was like nothing I've ever done before...

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:49 PM
It feels...incredible. Shrike leans back, which may or may not give Yaza a rather interesting view, considering her current lack of a shirt. Just...I can't describe it in words. It's not t' greatest feeling ever, but it's...pretty close.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:52 PM
Yaza reaches out her own arms to gently steady Angela.
"Personally, it's always good to feel emotion again. Everything is so much more vivid and interesting..."
She stares down into Angela's eyes.

----

Yaza smiles politely and begins returning her tools to the appropriate places.
"I think you'll be needing a new shirt before you leave."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 01:53 PM
Angela blinks and looks into the emeralds. So you don't feel any emotion...?

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:54 PM
Shrike barks a quick laugh in a distinctly unladylike fashion, and nods. Yeah probably...not need, of course, but I wouldn't wanna get arrested for 'indecency'. She doesn't make a move to get up yet, still feeling the effects of the drink a bit.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 01:56 PM
"Not enough to remark on, most of the time. Occasionally I have emotive episodes, but..."
Yaza shrugs gracefully.
"They're rather far between. However, with someone else's emotion to jump start my own..."
She smirks at Angela.

----

"So if I were to fail to provide you with a shirt, you couldn't leave?"
Asks Yaza, not an emotion on her face.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 01:58 PM
Wellll... Shrike arches an eyebrow and smirks. I could. Might get in trouble if I did, 'course, so...

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:00 PM
I've found that emotions tend to make life more interesting... but I suppose boredom would just be another emotion? Angela lets her hand fall from Yaza's shoulder.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:02 PM
"In a way."
Says Yaza, leaning back against the side the hot spring.
"You know, I saw the most interesting thing in your mind..."
She says, smirking.
"Your goddess gave you a very unusual mission."

----

Sometimes you have to wonder just what Yaza is thinking.
"I see."
She says impassively.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:04 PM
Angela adopts a poker face and twitches one vulpine ear. Aye.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:05 PM
Yaza chuckles.
"Alright, fine, be that way."
She slides up and out of the hot spring, getting to her feet.
"I probably need to get started on that sword for you."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 02:05 PM
Indeed.
Of course, if you wanted me to stay for some reason, it's not like I have any other jobs to do at the moment. Well, aside from assassinating Irene, but that has to wait for her player to get back. So whether or not I get a shirt is up to you.
Shrike stands and stretches, seeming to be testing the flexibility of that new fancy tattoo.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:06 PM
After a second, Angela follows her. I'm sorry, I didn't know you would see that.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:08 PM
"No need to apologize- if you don't want to discuss it..."
Yaza smiles and shrugs.
"And I do have things to do."

----

If anything, Shrike feels more flexible than before. However...
New tattoo. Ouch. It's kinda puffy and swollen still.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:11 PM
Well what more do you want to know about it? Angela tilts her head to the side curiously.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 02:13 PM
Shrike winces, stopping her flexing as things start to get uncomfortable, but grins nontheless.
It's already working. Thanks, Yaza. I'll work for you anytime.

((One more post before deadtime))

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:15 PM
"Hmmm? Oh, well..."
Yaza gives Angela an amused look.
"I see that in your mind, and gain emotions again, and suddenly realize we're both wearing very little in a hot spring... I can't help but wonder your reaction to that."

----

"Ah. One moment."
Yaza plucks a seed off of the fern Shrike provided her with, and begins mixing it up.
"I'll make a poultice for the swelling."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 02:16 PM
Thank you.
Shrike stretches her arms a bit, then smirks.
Whether or not I get a shirt is up to you, if I'm sticking around.

((Back soon))

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:17 PM
Angela blushes and looks down at the floor. I wouldn't... well, she would, so it would help to put things in context... You're... different, and I'm... maybe my Goddess would use you to get power, but I wouldn't.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:23 PM
"I could think of a few ways I'm different... and also a few ways I'm similar."
Says Yaza to Angela, raising an eyebrow as she moves closer to her.
"What are you thinking of specifically?"

----

"Well, you won't be able to wear a shirt until I have applied to poultice."
Says Yaza factually.
"The remnant vitriol would just burn through fabric."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:25 PM
Well... Angela eyes her. You're... powerful. Maybe not physically or magically, but in that you have power. You're... somehow superior to me. And that's a lot, coming from an arrogant teenaged girl.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:27 PM
Yaza raises a hand to cup Angela's cheek.
"So you're afraid?"
She guesses, or perhaps prods Angela to reveal her motivation.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:29 PM
Angela shakes her head slowly. No. I can't explain it... you're... I just feel that you're above me, and I'm not going to play my little power games with somebody so... She shrugs helplessly, unable to articulate it.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:30 PM
"And if I decide to play my little power games on you?"
Yaza says, smirking as she leans in towards Angela.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 02:32 PM
One of the steel double doors slowly pushed inward as a little girl entered the Monument.

She was wearing a white t-shirt with some cute mascot on it, a pink skirt that went down to her knees, and a pair of white sneakers. Her brown eyes looked around curiously as she stepped inside. She was anxious about this strange place, but she was also curious, an inquisitive vivacity that caused her to seek entrance to this place.

"Hello?" Misaki called. "Is there anybody here?"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:34 PM
Angela considers this for a second. I've always been told I was disrespectful of authority... She smirks and tries to kiss Yaza.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:36 PM
Yaza kisses Angela back, and the fox girl will notice that she's warm and soft, far more human feeling than her appearance might imply. What is more, she tastes surprisingly sweet...

----

A voice answers Misaki.
"Welcome to the Monument to the Efficacy of Steam, the workshop of Precise Workings in Gold. How might I assist you?"
The voice seems to come from the faintly glowing walls.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 02:38 PM
Misaki jumped a little bit; the place was so strange it was a bit unnerving. Still, she was a child with a child's vitality, she bounced back quickly and asked, "Um... I think I'm lost. Where are you?" She looked at the walls, confused.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:38 PM
Struck by curiosity, Angela attempts to snake an arm around Yaza and then bite the side of her neck, wondering what her blood tastes like, if there is any.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:43 PM
Yaza gives a slight gasp as Angela bites her neck, and her arms tighten around her- but she doesn't otherwise react.
Her flesh is a little metallic, but her blood- or, what takes the place of her blood- is a sweet ichor that tingles with power similar to electricity.
The synthetic woman draws Angela back towards the chair, sitting down in it and pulling her into her lap.

----

"I am Voice of Vapor, soul of this Manse. As for where..."
The walls flicker a little, and then a holographic image appears of a pleasant, almost ghostly white spirit appears.
"I am the entire building, but you may speak to this projection, if you desire."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:44 PM
Ahhh... Angela gets pulled into her lap and gently tries to lap up the blood with her tongue.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:48 PM
Angela manages to lap up a fair bit of the blood, while Yaza moves her hands to the back of her swimsuit and begins peeling it away from her, gliding her hands down along Angela's bare flesh.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 02:48 PM
Misaki focused on the projection, speaking to it. "The whole building...? But buildings can't talk..."

Misaki suddenly remembered something. "Oh! Mama told me not to be rude and to introduce myself." Misaki curtsied. "I'm Misaki! Pleased to meet you!"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:50 PM
After Angela is undressed, a sharp claw slides part of the way out of the back of her left hand and she carefully attempts to cut open Yaza's swimsuit.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:52 PM
"Well, I talk."
Says Voice of Vapor.
"And it is a pleasure to meet you, Misaki."

----

Yaza's swimsuit slips away, and Yaza slides her legs around Angela pressing close against her as she pulls the curtain.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 02:55 PM
"Can you help me?" Misaki stepped a bit closer to the holographic projection. "I'm looking for the Good League of Good."

FireFox
2009-05-28, 02:56 PM
Angela, no longer so hesitant or uncertain around Yaza, helps pull the curtain.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 02:57 PM
"The Good League of Good, or GLoG, is a short distance from here. However, I am incapable of moving far outside of this building's boundaries. I could send a drone to direct you there, or perhaps call my maker, Yaza, to assist you.
...though it seems she's a little busy at the moment."
Says Voice of Vapor.

----

The curtain will likely pull away a good while later, leaving Angela and Yaza relaxed and spent in the chair next to the hot spring.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:00 PM
"Yaza?" Misaki was curious, and more than a little eager to meet new people and make friends.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:01 PM
Angela runs a hand through Yaza's hair, marvelling at how the copper feels against her skin.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:05 PM
"Yaza, as I stated, is my creator. She also goes by Precise Workings in Gold. She is a creator of magic and artifacts, and created me to aid in such work."

----

Yaza's hands gently stroke along Angela's body familiarly now as she smiles at her.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:07 PM
"Hm, well, if she's busy, I guess I'll just have to wait!" Misaki looked up at the hologram. "Can I look around a bit? This place is so neat!"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:08 PM
Angela finally breaks the silence as she continues to caress the android. Are you like that every time you link with somebody...?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:12 PM
"More emotional? Typically. If you the intimacy..."
Yaza nibbles gently at Angela's lower lip.
"No."

----

"Of course. You have access to the library and the Outer Chambers. The Outer Chambers contain hot springs, meditation, exercise, pool, and generally recreation areas."
Says Voice of Vapors cheerfully.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:14 PM
"Thank you! I won't break anything, I promise!" Absolutelty thrilled to be going exploring, Misaki skipped off to the nearest room, picking one at random to investigate.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:15 PM
Angela shifts slightly and tries to kiss her. I'm curious, why was this different then?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:16 PM
Yaza kisses Angela back, humming in the back of her throat. After she pulls back, she answers.
"Because you got my mind going down along that track."

----

The holographic projection hovers after Misaki as she enters another room in the outer chambers, which displays the geysers and valleys outside, and also seems to have a small bar of refreshments.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:18 PM
Angela murmurs happily as her fingertips brush along Yaza's back. Lucky for me that I did then...

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:20 PM
Misaki looked out at the geysers and valley for a moment, then skipped over to examine the refreshment bar. Mostly to see if they had any candy. Misaki had a very bad sweet tooth.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:25 PM
"Lucky for us both..."
Says Yaza, shivering a little.
"I don't know how much longer I'll remain emotional though, so let me tell you... I really enjoyed that. Thank you."
She says, grinning and tugging Angela close for another kiss.

----

Hmmm. Seems to be a lot sparkly and sweet looking drinks, actually.
There's also a small number of thin blue wafers which smell nice.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:26 PM
Angela lets Yaza know just how much she's welcome by holding the kiss for a long time as her arms go to hold her close.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:28 PM
Misaki peered curiously at all of the available choices before settling for all of the above! Giggling, she began to give everything a try, partly spurred on by the thought that if her mother were here, she'd scold her for being greedy.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:32 PM
"Mmmmm..."
Yaza shivers a little more, and as they finally break apart, she smirks.
"At this rate we'll just get started again."

----

One of the drinks is extremely tingly and pleasant, and Misaki can feel herself being rejuvenated and remade as she drinks it. Another feels emboldening and somewhat fiery, while the others are relatively normal (though there is one that seems to be carbonated, which is interesting).
The wafers are soft and crumbly, and stain her fingers and lips blue, and Misaki can feel a bit of a strange shift in things... but nothing seems to change. Other than that, they seem unremarkable, if slightly sweet.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:34 PM
Angela giggles slightly at that, and then nuzzles against Yaza, purring ever so slightly.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 03:35 PM
"Well, you won't be able to wear a shirt until I have applied to poultice."
Says Yaza factually.
"The remnant vitriol would just burn through fabric."

Ah, I see. Well, it's not like I mind.
Shrike chuckles, almost a giggle.
My sister would appreciate it even more, though.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:36 PM
Misaki giggled as she examined her blue stained fingers, licking her lips. She liked the tingly one best, and would get a glass of that before moving off to explore some more.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:39 PM
Yaza chuckles and wraps her legs around Angela as she kisses along her neck.
"Think I could convince you to stay here?"

----

"Oh really?"
Yaza says to Shrike, moving over to her with the finished poultice, and gesturing for her to lay back down so she can get it on her back.

----

Misaki's next exploration will take her down a hallway to the library...

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:40 PM
No... there's a trace of sadness there, but Angela runs her hands through the copper hair again. I'd get restless soon enough.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 03:41 PM
Oh yes. Shrike nods and stretches out as directed with a bit of a contented sigh. Danielle is...extremely open, you might say.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:45 PM
Misaki let out a little "Wow!" looking at all the crystals. She looked around to see if the hologram had followed her in here so she could ask it questions.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:45 PM
"I understand. Do come and see me sometime though- you'll always be welcome."
Says Yaza, caressing Angela and grinning at her.

----

"Is there any reason for that?"
The poultice is cool as Yaza rubs it along Shrike's back, reducing the swelling quickly.

----

Voice of Vapor has followed her.
"Is there something you'd like to ask?"

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:46 PM
Misaki nodded, looking up at him with big eyes. "What is this place?"

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:46 PM
Thank you. I'll be sure to be back. Angela leans in to kiss her one more time.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 03:51 PM
Maybe a few. Her first relationship ended...very badly. But then again she's also far more...energetic, I suppose...
Shrike sighs in pleasure at the cool feeling being worked into her back, and at the kneading hands, as well.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 03:53 PM
Yaza returns the kiss, and then slowly stands, bringing Angela up with her.
"You'll know when I've finished your sword for you."

----

"I see. And how do you feel?"
Yaza finishes, but doesn't remove her hands.

----

"This is my library. Touching the crystals allows you access to all of the knowledge archived in them."
Says Voice of Vapor.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 03:54 PM
Thank you. Angels nods and then dresses slowly.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 03:55 PM
The eyes remained wide. "Really?" Misaki reached out a blue-stained finger to touch one of the crystals experimentally.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:02 PM
About that? Or right now? The first, as long as she doesn't get hurt what she does is her business. The second...I feel, very, very good...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:03 PM
Yaza watches her closely, then smirks as she wraps her coat about her.
"I'll see you soon, Angela."
She waves, then snaps continuity back into place as she heads out the door.

----

"About being open."
Yaza clarifies.

----

Misaki will feel the crystal prompt for a query of a subject she is interested in.

FireFox
2009-05-28, 04:04 PM
Angela leaves the building without looking back.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:06 PM
Misaki started. How did it do that? "Um..." She felt like she had to say something...

"Rabbit?"

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:11 PM
The crystal glows, and will suddenly display a list of topics related to rabbits- appearance and description, behavior, habitat, and things like that.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:12 PM
"Appearance?" She was hoping for some pictures, actually. This was a bit over her head and her elementary school education.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:13 PM
Shrike considers Yaza's question for a minute or three.
I approve of it, actually. It keeps things from getting boring. Of course, in my line of work forming...attachments, isn't really advisable, as well.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:15 PM
Tada!
There are descriptions of general rabbits, and then a lot of pictures and specific descriptions of various types of rabbits.

----

"I see."
Yaza removes her hands and backs off to leans against a wall.
"It's finished."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:17 PM
Misaki mostly focused on the pictures, quitting the description whenever it got too confusing or technical.

Misaki looked at the crystal curiously. Could it show her other cute things?

"...puppy?"

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:19 PM
Getting the gist of Misaki's search habits, the crystal displays a large archive of puppy pictures.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:22 PM
"I see."
Yaza removes her hands and backs off to leans against a wall.
"It's finished."

Shrike doesn't move for a moment, feeling completley relaxed and remarkably mellow.
Now, that's not to say that I don't do unadvisable things sometimes... she says with a chuckle, glancing over in the direction of the android with the magic hands. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:23 PM
Miskai would happily peruse the puppy pictures for some time, prompting "Kitten!" when she ran out of puppy pictures. She could spend a surprising amount of time looking at pictures of baby animals, butterflies, and flowers, plopping down on the floor to get more comfortable.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:26 PM
"Indeed?"
Queries Yaza as a drone flits in with a shirt, which she hands over to Shrike.
"I have a visitor I need to deal it, it seems."

----

Misaki is free to roam through the picture archive, but after a moment, Voice of Vapor leans down.
"Yaza is ready to see you."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:29 PM
"Okay!" Misaki took one last glance at a picture of an adorable black kitten peeping out of a paper sack before getting up to follow Voice.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:32 PM
Shrike actually looks ever-so-slightly...dissapointed?

But continuity must be served... :smalltongue:

And so she sits up and accepts the shirt, slipping it on.
Well, I wouldn't want to keep you from your job. Speaking of jobs, I'll be around the Taverna more 'n likely when you have anything more for me.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:34 PM
"I doubt this will take long. You can wait here, if you'd like, or come with me."
Offers Yaza as she goes to the door.

----

Voice of Vapor leads Misaki down a hallway to the central chamber, then gestures for Misaki to go inside.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:34 PM
Misaki walked inside the central chamber, looking around curiously.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:39 PM
Hm, well, if you don't mind I'll wait here, Shrike says with a shrug. I should probably let this rest just a little longer...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:40 PM
Misaki can see all of the marvelous machines within the central chamber, as well as Yaza and Shrike.
Yaza nods to Shrike, then smiles at Misaki politely as she enters.
"Hello there."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:43 PM
Misaki wanted to gawk and look at the the neat things in the chamber, but she managed to maintain control of herself. She approached Yaza, curtsying. "Hi! I'm Misaki! Pleased to meet you!"

Yaza herself was also fascinating; there was really so much to draw the little girl's attention that she kept trying to look everywhere at once.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:45 PM
Yaza gives a polite bow.
"It is an honor. How might I assist you?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 04:45 PM
Shrike nods to the young girl, and takes a few steps back to allow Yaza to conduct her business uninterrupted and unimpeded.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:47 PM
"Assist me?" Misaki paused. "Oh! My mama told me to go to the Good League of Good, but I got lost. So I came in here!"

"This place is really neat. Do you live here?"

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:48 PM
"I do live here. Do you need me to show you the way to GLoG?"
Asks Yaza.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 04:50 PM
"..do I have to go now? This place is so cool!" Misaki was slowly drifting towards the closest machine, obviously brimming with a curiousness.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 04:51 PM
"That is not my decision."
States Yaza as she deadtimes.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 05:01 PM
Misaki looked at Yaza. "Well, I have to go to GLoG eventually, but I wanna stay here for a while."

((Deadtimed.))

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 05:46 PM
"Then I suppose you may."
States Yaza.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 05:50 PM
"Thank you!" Misaki curtsied again as she smiled gratefully up at Yaza.

Her gaze settled on the oddities of Yaza's appearance. "Um... where are you from? I've never seen anyone like you..."

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 06:34 PM
"I am from Creation."
States Yaza.
"In a way, at least. That is where I spent most of my life."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 06:56 PM
"Creation? Is that in Europe?" Misaki inched towards Yaza, looking at her face, obviously interested in her strange features.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 06:59 PM
Yaza smiles politely and shakes her head.
"I do not know of this place called 'Europe.' Creation is a world far removed from here- I doubt you would know it."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:02 PM
"Why does your face look like that? Does everyone from Creation look like you?" Ah, the rude bluntness of children. That's one quality of childhood that most people don't miss.

((Croatia, Creation, seemed like an easy joke.))

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:03 PM
"I was made to look this way."
States Yaza.
"And not everyone is made the same way as I was made."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:06 PM
"Oh. Who were your mama and papa? And why did they make you look like that?" She's pretty close now. It's obvious that she wants to reach out and touch Yaza's face, but she's restraining herself.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:08 PM
"I had no true mother and father. My body was created and then blessed with power and a soul."
Says Yaza factually, sitting down and offering a seat to Misaki.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:11 PM
Misaki took the offered seat, swinging her legs as she watched Yaza curiously. "You don't have a mother?" It was fairly obvious that the child was finding that to be a major stumbling block, a concept difficult to reconcile.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:18 PM
"I do not. At least, not in the way you'd think of a mother."
States Yaza.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:22 PM
"Oh. I'm sorry." She truly did seem to have some empathy for Yaza as she looked up at her.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:28 PM
"There is no need for sorrow. Though I have no biological mother, and was not strictly born, there are those who created me, and cared for me."
States Yaza.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:30 PM
"Oh. So, who took care of you?" Her legs continued their pendulum motion, swinging out in front and underneath her chair.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:33 PM
"My creation and 'childhood' so to speak, are a complex story, and are rather private."
Stats Yaza pleasantly.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:35 PM
Misaki looked a bit disappointed, but nodded. "Okay. So, what do you do here? Make stuff?" Her heels beat a staccato rhythm on the bottom of the chair.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:36 PM
"I do. I craft magic items for anyone willing to purchase them."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:39 PM
Misaki's eyes grew wide once again. "Magic? Really?"

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:40 PM
"Indeed. I just finished creating a magic tattoo, in fact."
She gestures to Shrike.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:41 PM
Misaki's eyes obediently followed the gesture to Shrike. "Wow, I've never met someone else who was magic! Just my mama!"

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:43 PM
"I am less magic myself, and more capable of crafting magic."
Yaza clarifies calmly.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:44 PM
"I wanna see you make something magic!" She was quite excited, looking at Yaza with bright eyes.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:49 PM
Yaza shakes her head.
"It takes a lot of resources and time to make a magic item. I doubt you'd be interested."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:50 PM
"Aw." Misaki pouted a bit, then yawned suddenly.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:54 PM
"If you're tired, I can provide a room for you, or take you to GLoG."
Offers Yaza.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 07:55 PM
Misaki nodded sleepily. "Can I just sleep here? I'll got to GLoG tomorrow."

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 07:59 PM
"You may. A chamber will be prepared for you."
Yaza states, gesturing to Voice of Vapor to get one ready.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 08:01 PM
"You're really nice, Yaza. Can I be your friend?" The child slid off the chair, looking at the synthetic woman warmly.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 08:07 PM
Yaza regards the query with passive lack of emotion. Friendly? She felt she had just been factual and polite, perhaps distant. Interesting. She logs the observation in her memory.
"If you wish."

Voice of Vapor smiles kindly down at the girl.
"If you'll follow me, I can show you to your room."

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 08:08 PM
Misaki nodded sleepily and followed Voice, waving goodbye to Yaza.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 08:11 PM
Yaza inclines her head in farewell, while Vapor leads Misaki back to one of outer chambers, which has been prepared as a simple bedroom.
"If there is anything at all you wish for, I can bring it to you."
States Vapor kindly.

Neon Knight
2009-05-28, 08:12 PM
Misaki shook her head. She simply clambered up on the bed, curled up, and was soon fast asleep.

((Deadtime.))

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 09:44 PM
Shrike smiles and nods to Misaki when she looks her way, trying to look friendly, or at least friendly enough.

When the girl finally departs, she watches her go, then waits for Yaza.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 09:47 PM
"Rather unusual child."
States Yaza.
"Now where were we?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 09:52 PM
Indeed, Shrike agrees. Well, I believe we were engaging in a discussion on the...value of 'openness', as it were, in relationships, and the possibility of my remaining here versus returning to the Taverna until you require my services again?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 09:57 PM
"Ah yes."
Yaza seems to pause.
"It comes to mind I have been rather open myself. I believe it has to do with my unfortunate episodes of emotion."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:01 PM
Oh? Shrike stops her inspection of the various cool bits of equipment and turns to face Yaza, looking quite curious. Why do you consider them to be unfortunate?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:02 PM
"They cause excessive irrationality. The enjoyment they bring is not worth the risk and problems."
States Yaza.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:07 PM
Oh, I think most people would disagree with you there. Starting with Danielle and moving down from her. Shrike grins, then sobers a bit. Are you happier when you are...enjoying yourself? And what risks and problems are you concerned about?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:10 PM
"Obviously I am happier when I am enjoying myself. However, I see emotion as a needless construct meant to draw one to logical conclusions- conclusions I can draw without the presence of emotion. Emotion is an imperfect system. Without emotion at all- in the absence of it- I see no reason for myself to possess it."
Yaza states calmly, taking a seat.
"It serves some purpose in the world, but personally I do not need it."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:13 PM
Shrike notes that her last question wasn't answered, and takes a seat herself, resting her chin on her hands. Well, look at it this way - despite being happier when you have it, you don't want emotion because it's imperfect. Well, what is the point of achieving perfection? She looks at Yaza intently. If someone's perfect, there's no reason for them to improve themselves...what is left to live for then?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:16 PM
"I do not seek perfection. I have a duty I was created to perform, and I serve that duty. Happiness is irrelevant, and is merely an emotion itself- I do not need it or desire it, for I have no desire. I fulfill my duty. That is all."
States Yaza.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:23 PM
And yet the desire to lack emotion is a desire in and of itself, Shrike points out, pouncing at what she sees is a flaw in the Exalted android's argument. I think the real reason you're disliking emotion is more because you're scared of it...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:26 PM
"It is only a desire in that your language lacks the proper word to describe it."
States Yaza passively.
"My logical constructs conclude that it is more efficient to continue without the hampering influence of emotion. As such, I avoid them."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:34 PM
And yet you find you prefer how it feels when you are feeling emotion? Shrike asks curiously. If you are happier then, would not happiness be of benifit to your work?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:36 PM
"Preference implies a feeling. I do not desire anything- only logic and reason guide me."
States Yaza once more.
"Happiness and emotion are fickle things and cannot be counted on to produce efficient and reliable results. It is better to work without them when possible."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:40 PM
Well, do you think your creators would have done as excellent a job as they did if they had been completely without emotion and therefore incapable of taking pride in their work?

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:43 PM
"My singular creator is on a far more advanced level than we can even comprehend. I cannot judge what would make it more or less perfect."
Yaza says vehemently.
"Do not think to judge a creator whom you can neither know or possibly fathom."

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:47 PM
Oh, I'm not judging. I'm just betting that he, she, or it has emotion and was mighty proud of their work with you. Shrike, a little taken aback by Yaza's vehemence, decides to go with flattery. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 10:53 PM
"Emotion pales in insignificance before the intricacies of my creator."
Yaza insists.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 10:58 PM
You know, Shrike says with a bit of a smirk, My comment regarding your creator seems to have brought on a bit of an...emotional response...

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:00 PM
"I only take on the appearance of emotion to impress the severity of your poor assumption on you."
States Yaza, her face and voice going calm once more.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 11:02 PM
Riiiight.
Shrike looks supremely unconvinced, but lets the matter drop.
So anyway, would it be...an inconvience to you if I were to stay here? Given your work and the pleasure of your company I wouldn't mind being on retainer, as it were.

AmberVael
2009-05-28, 11:06 PM
"You may stay here, if you wish."
States Yaza passively.
Shrike might begin to wonder if it is possible to bring out Yaza's emotion in other ways besides making assumptions about her creator. Maybe getting her drunk, or...
Hmmm. That mixture of chalcanth was interesting. She said it induced euphoria...

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 11:10 PM
Hmm. That is a thought...

I would wish, yes, and thank you. She looks around at the various contraptions and gizmos. Perhaps I could learn a little bit about your work, as well?