PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy

BobVosh
2009-05-27, 05:06 AM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dha-show.php?charnum=7583
I made that psyker, and I'm curious what is consider "must haves" on my psy powers.

Also any tips on game play, etc? Never played DH, while I am vaguely familiar with the setting.

Kiyona
2009-05-27, 05:45 AM
Dark heresy is a fun and fast-paced game, I hope your going to enjoy it as much as I do. :smallbiggrin:

I have not played that much yet, but I played a high level psyker in my first campaign. The best tip I can tell you is visit the forums http://darkreign40k.com/forum/index.php There are some really knowledgable people lurking in those forums.

Oh, and check the errata, almost everything is changed. ^^

As for "must haves", at your level there isnt much except the obvious willpower and psychic powers. But the fun thing about psychers is that they can be almost anything, depending on the path yuo choose. So I suggest that you start looking at what you want your psycher to be good at. That makes it much easier to spend exp later on.

[EDIT] Oh, and if you take any forbidden lores, be prepared for curroption points en masse. :smallbiggrin: (I rolled a 01 on a f. lore (deamonology). My poor guard got 9 corruption points for recognizing a picture of a bloodthirster^^)[EDIT]

Zenos
2009-05-27, 07:07 AM
As a GM, I've found that the players use Spasm very often, and to good use. Might be worth taking.

BobVosh
2009-05-28, 06:43 PM
I was looking at it. Seemed neat. Right now I have chameleon, heal, and *to be edited in when I have access to char sheet*

D Knight
2009-05-28, 08:20 PM
As a GM, I've found that the players use Spasm very often, and to good use. Might be worth taking.

Spasm is not just good its great. in the last game i played me and my friends were fighting a tech priest and the guy playing the psyker use the area effect and we almost got our guy but he got away in the end. another good power to have is regenerate for when you have one of your arms or legs cut off trust its happened 2 times to me

lordbrocktree
2009-05-29, 03:28 AM
Spasm is not just good its great. in the last game i played me and my friends were fighting a tech priest and the guy playing the psyker use the area effect and we almost got our guy but he got away in the end. another good power to have is regenerate for when you have one of your arms or legs cut off trust its happened 2 times to me

You mean weapon jinx, spasms nice to. Take seal wounds that power alone has save our entire 6 man group several times. biomancy is pretty nice that's what our pysker uses.