PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment - Sharn, The Broken City - A Hybrid Werewolf Game

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-27, 04:57 PM
Sharn, the Broken CityFor many years, the city of Sharn has remained peaceful. The five houses, Atior, Peliphines, Grandor, Brevia, and Lordaetes, are long established. Due to their similarities of craft, the Houses have always been hostile towards one another. The Inquisitors, the watchmen of the city, have managed to keep them in check over the years, threatening to use violence against any who break the bonds of trust. Each Duke, paranoid of assassins sent anonymously from the other houses, hired a skilled bodyguard to protect them. Over the generations, the children of the Dukes would employ the services of the children of their parent's bodyguards. They have also passed on several heirlooms, some with magical power, and others with brilliant craft.

In the past month, however, a gang known only as "The Golden Sun" has emerged, committing crimes and other acts of questionable legality throughout the city. They are believed to be a group of Divine Radicals, and they have begun to preach to the people of the corruption of the Inquisitors. The Inquisitors, retaliating, have turned their attention to the group.

With the inquisitors out of the way, the Dukes of the five houses have broken into chaos, waging war on one another. The Inquisitors, fearful for their own integrity, have turned their attention from them entirely. The city has fallen into chaos.

This game is based primarily on Uncle Festy's Ravnica, City of Wolves, and has no "Good" or "Bad". Two separate feuds are going on, between the Inquisitors and The Golden Sun and among the Houses. The commoners have each pledged allegiance to one house and one side of the feud. Each of the houses is also like a small masonic group, consisting only of two people, and wanting two houses dead. Each has its own artifact, an idea from Shadowcaller's Mirrodin Werewolf game.

Minimum Players: 32

Role Display FormatFaction (Number of people in faction) – Win Conditions

-Role Name
Information/Artifacts at start of game
-Powers useable each night, or every few nights

Inquisitors vs. The Golden SunThe Inquisitors (4) – Win if all members of the Golden Sun are killed

-Grand Inquisitor Darien
Starts the game knowing Chief Randall
-Can kill one person during the night; one night cooldown

-Chief Randall
Starts the game knowing Grand Inquisitor Darien
-Can use one artifact each night.

-Inspector Illus
Starts the game knowing Inspector Caethus.
-Can scry every two nights; designated at the start of the game, may be "normal seer" or "inverse seer"; see under "Scrying".
-Can scry the same target as Inspector Caethus for only "normal seer" results

-Inspector Caethus
Starts the game knowing Inspector Illus.
-Can scry every two nights; designated at the start of the game, may be "normal seer" or "inverse seer"; see under "Scrying".
-Can scry the same target as Inspector Illus for only "normal seer" results

The Golden Sun (4) - Win if all Inquisitors are killed

-“Shining Fox”
Starts the game knowing Mi Kae
-Can kill one person during the night; one night cooldown

-Allia “Brightwing”
Starts the game knowing “Shining Fox”
-Can use one artifact each night.

-Spy Brunus
Starts the game knowing Spy Quares.
-Can scry the same target as Spy Quares for only "normal seer" results

-Spy Quares
Starts the game knowing Spy Brunus.
-Can scry the same target as Spy Brunus for only "normal seer" results

The Five Houses' FeudHouse Atior (2) – Wins if Duke Brevia and Duke Lordaetes are killed

-Duke Atior
Starts the game with The Wand of Atrior
Starts the game knowing Sir Kael
-Can use one artifact each night

-Sir Kael
Starts the game knowing Duke Atior
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown (four night cooldown if Duke Atrior is dead).

House Peliphines (2) – Wins if Duke Grandor and Duke Lordaetes are killed

-Duke Peliphines
Starts the game with The Orb of Peliphines
Starts the game knowing Sir Allius

-Sir Allius
Starts the game knowing Duke Peliphines
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown (four night cooldown if Duke Peliphines is dead).

House Grandor (2) – Wins if Duke Peliphines and Duke Brevia are killed

-Duke Grandor
Starts the game with The Armor of Grandor
Starts the game knowing Lady Raen

-Lady Raen
Starts the game knowing Duke Grandor
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown (four night cooldown if Duke Grandor is dead).

House Brevia (2) – Wins if Duke Atior and Duke Grandor are killed

-Duke Brevia
Starts the game with The Spyglass of Brevia
Starts the game knowing Sir Fornicius

-Sir Fornicius
Starts the game knowing Duke Brevia
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown (four night cooldown if Duke Brevia is dead).

House Lordaetes (2) – Wins if Duke Atior and Duke Peliphines are killed

-Duke Lordaetes
Starts the game with The Veil of Lordaetes
Starts the game knowing Lady Mia

-Lady Mia
Starts the game knowing Duke Lordaetes
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown (four night cooldown if Duke Lordaetes is dead).

Commoners and Neutral PartiesCommoners (10+) - Wins if designated House or Side Wins

-Commoners (10+)
House and Side will be picked at random at the start of the game (total support for each house or side will be balanced)

Neutral Party 1 (1) – Wins if Lynched (though not if shot)

-Squeamish Sadist
-Can choose one faction to appear as to scryers.

Neutral Party 2 (1) – Wins if alive at end of game

-Serial Killer
When scried, appears as Inquisitor to Golden Sun, Golden Sun to Inquisitor, and a hostile house to dukes using artifacts.
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown

Neutral Party 3 (1) – Wins if three or more artifacts are in possession

-Artifact Thief
-Can steal from one person each night; Any artifacts in possession taken

Artifacts of the Five HousesWhen a player in possession of an artifact is killed, the artifact will transfer to the killer. If two people kill the same person at the same time, there will be a 50% chance of it going to either killer. If a person holding an artifact is lynched, it will be given randomly to one of the people who voted for them. The general public will know that there was an artifact, but will not know who received it.

Artifacts may be given away to other players. To give away an artifact, you must be in possession of it, and you must send me a PM detailing who you give it to. On the night that an artifact is given away, it will not cooldown for already used powers, and it cannot be used by the donor or the recipient. Once the PM is sent, it cannot be revoked. However, you can set conditions to do trades or bargains (IE: "If I receive this artifact from this person, then do this", or "If so and so is scried/killed/protected/whatevered by this person, then give this to this person.). I do not mind having to do a little of extra work, but do not make your conditions overcomplicated.

People may hold as many artifacts as they want, but they may only use one each night if they have the ability to use them. Artifacts will cool down if in possession of someone using another artifact that night.

The Wand of Atior – Can nullify all actions done to one person; one night cooldown
The Orb of Peliphines – Can scry accurately; one night cooldown
The Armor of Grandor – Can bane any person each night; one night cooldown
The Spyglass of Brevia – Can learn who that person visited each night; no cooldown
The Veil of Lordaetes – Can mask one person's faction with another of the Veil user's choice; one night cooldown

Scrying:Scrying will work a little differently than in most werewolf games. Since there are so many factions, I've divided it into several sections. When scried, players will appear as members of their faction, if they have one. Commoners and the Thief will appear as "Commoners" (as will the Squeamish Sadist if no faction is PMed). The Squeamish Sadist can choose anything to appear as if scried that night. If the Serial Killer is scried, they will appear as something hostile to the scrier. In the case of houses, the Serial Killer will appear as Brevia to Atior, Grandor to Brevia, Peliphines to Grandor, Lordaetes to Peliphines, and Atior to Lordaetes.

For the Inquisitor's and Golden Sun's "Seers", one will be randomly designated as the "Normal Seer". The other will be the "Inverse Seer". When scrying, the Normal Seer will see the person's faction as normal. The Inverse Seer will see the person's faction as the opposite of what it really is. A member of the Golden Sun will appear as a member of the Inquisitors; a member of the Inquisitors will appear as a member of the Golden Sun. Commoners will still appear as commoners. Someone of a house will shift one to the right on the list below.

Atior -> Brevia -> Grandor -> Peliphines -> Lordaetes -> Atior

If the Seers do not wish to have to figure out who is who, they can decide to both scry the same person. Their results will automatically be what the "Normal Seer" would find if working alone.

To prevent any seers from learning who is the "Normal" and who is the "Inverse" or the identity of the Squeamish Sadist/target of The Veil of Lordaetes simply by scrying twice, scrying the same person twice will automatically yield the same information you had found previously, regardless of current circumstances.

Players: 32
Shadowcaller
Kyouhen
Murska
The Bookworm
Recaiden
Aemoh
Jontom Xire
Opeth_Freak
happyturtle
Darkcomet
Supagoof
Selrahc
EagleWiz
Fleeing Coward
pondshadow
PirateMonk
Alarra
Uncle Festy
Lex-kat
Oddity
Lizard Lord
billtodamax
GAThraawn
Dirk Kris
Incorporeal
Allysian
Kaboose
MOD
Blue Ghost
Kuma Da
The Bushranger
02youeng

Accepted Autolynch Replacements: 0

Narrators: 2
Tired N' Drowzy
Conbar

The game will begin on June 16th if sign-up goes well.

Autolynch replacements are also welcome.

I'll also be looking for a co-narrator in case I make one of my frequent trips up north, where internet posting may be sparse.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-28, 02:58 PM
I'm in of course. I'm always noticing these threads first...

Kyouhen
2009-05-28, 03:03 PM
Huh, didn't know there had been so many MtG-themed games... Well I'm joining in. Stupid Shadowcaller beating me to the first slot... I GLARE AT YOU! :smallannoyed:

Murska
2009-05-28, 03:03 PM
I'm in for the third at bandwagon.

The Bookworm
2009-05-28, 03:11 PM
In............

Recaiden
2009-05-28, 05:13 PM
This looks crazy. In.

Aemoh
2009-05-29, 12:58 AM
In, says I.

Jontom Xire
2009-05-29, 02:54 AM
Definitely in. Ravnica was awesome (and I seem to remember that we won), this looks good too.

Opeth_Freak
2009-05-29, 04:40 AM
I love all of those 'Werewolf-like' games :smallbiggrin: Put me in.

happyturtle
2009-05-29, 06:35 AM
In with explosive runes.

What? I don't always have to hide them. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-05-29, 02:04 PM
Definitely in. Ravnica was awesome (and I seem to remember that we won), this looks good too.

We both did.

On that note, in.

I can't resist the memories. :smallamused:

Supagoof
2009-05-29, 02:10 PM
Yeah, liking the twisted setup. Count me in.

or rather

I'm in like Fin!

Selrahc
2009-05-29, 02:56 PM
I'll join up.

EagleWiz
2009-05-29, 02:59 PM
Definatly in

Fleeing Coward
2009-05-30, 08:36 AM
Count me in

pondshadow
2009-05-30, 10:40 AM
This looks fun, I'll be in

PirateMonk
2009-05-30, 07:59 PM
I probably shouldn't, but in.

Alarra
2009-05-30, 08:21 PM
I'll join this one.

Uncle Festy
2009-05-30, 09:14 PM
The game based primarily on mine? But of course! :smallbiggrin:
In, if you hadn't guessed.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-30, 10:26 PM
I may as well join. What's a werewolf game without Lex?

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-02, 12:19 PM
Any other takers? We need 11 more.

Oddity
2009-06-03, 01:27 AM
Its been a while... :smallfrown:
But how could I resist! :smallsmile:

EAT CHEES! :smallbiggrin:
and oh yes I meant to do that

Lizard Lord
2009-06-03, 02:17 AM
This looks fun. In.

billtodamax
2009-06-03, 03:13 AM
In with fruit punch.

GAThraawn
2009-06-03, 05:13 AM
In in in in in!

banjo1985
2009-06-03, 06:25 AM
Confused but in.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-03, 06:41 AM
Same as Banjo. :smallbiggrin:

Incorporeal
2009-06-03, 10:59 AM
In, albeit still confused about how to defend yourself from a bandwagon by claiming in a game with seven different factions. :smallconfused:

Edit: Eight counting commoners.

Allysian
2009-06-03, 05:55 PM
Fun! IN! filler

Uncle Festy
2009-06-03, 08:55 PM
In, albeit still confused about how to defend yourself from a bandwagon by claiming in a game with seven different factions. :smallconfused:

Edit: Eight counting commoners.

You don't. You just try and convince everyone else that you're more use alive then dead. :smallbiggrin:

Kaboose
2009-06-04, 12:28 AM
In, so very in. *cough* With cake *cough*

banjo1985
2009-06-05, 04:10 AM
Dropping out I'm afraid. I feel I need to cut down on my games.

Oddity
2009-06-05, 04:35 AM
Noos! :smalleek: ...
What shall we do now!?! :smallfrown:

MOD
2009-06-05, 04:54 AM
IN!sanity!

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-05, 02:45 PM
Yay! Filling up quickly. We only need 5 more people. :smallsmile:

Thank you all for showing interest! :D

The Bookworm
2009-06-07, 07:27 AM
More players needed...
More players needed...

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-07, 07:57 AM
Assuming the place hasn't been taken, I am willing to stand up as co-narrator.

If the place has been taken, IN!

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 10:31 AM
Nope, and a co-narrator would be excellent!

I'll, actually, by total coincidence, be leaving on the start date to go to Europe. We'll probably have Wi-Fi at the hotels, but it'd be very nice to have a co-narrator to cover for me when this privilege is unavailable.

Glad to have you aboard :D

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-07, 10:34 AM
Thank you~!

Now I just need to wait for more players :)

Just to check, I assume you (Tired N' Drowzy) are going to make the first post on the 16th?

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-09, 06:20 PM
Yeah.

And we need five more players; if we get enough, we can play as intended! If not, I suppose slumping on villagers isn't too big an issue... Though initial random night kills will influence the game immensely without them...

MOD
2009-06-10, 01:30 AM
Or you could just not kill anyone randomly...:smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2009-06-10, 04:07 PM
I'll be in. Not experienced, though.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-10, 04:11 PM
Or you could just not kill anyone randomly...:smallbiggrin:...If you could convince the players with night kills not to do that, I'll give you a cookie.

Kuma Da
2009-06-10, 11:53 PM
This looks ridiculously complicated. I'm in.:smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2009-06-12, 03:06 PM
Count me in.

02youeng
2009-06-12, 03:48 PM
Looks like fun, count me in