PDA

View Full Version : Reseach on Eberron

Samb
2009-05-27, 10:00 PM
So I was thinking of starting a PbP game based on the Githyanki invasion and was thinking of setting up my PCs in Eberron. Thing is I have never played Eberron and was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction of where to look in the campaign setting for the biggest nation-states. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Fcannon
2009-05-28, 01:15 AM
Chapter 7 details the various nations in Khorvaire (the primary continent). The biggest are Breland (pop. of 3.7 million), Karrnath (2.5 million), Thrane (2.3), and Aundair (2).

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-28, 01:19 AM
Riedra (continent-spanning empire on Sarlona) probably has them beat on population, being huge and all, but it's a totalitarian state ruled with an iron fist by the extraplanar Quori (dream spirits) through possessed intermediaries known as the Inspired, so it's a tricky place to set a campaign.

Also, it should be noted that the actual population figures given in the campaign setting are ridiculously low given Khorvaire's level of technological development, but they are certainly a good enough indication of relative populations.

Kol Korran
2009-05-28, 04:18 PM
um, if you're going to play in Eberron then i realy, strongly, urgently suggest you find a Campagin setting book or source and read about it. it's not a generic D&D world with different names for cities and states- it's realy different. even the planes (and gith) act differently. if your players don't know Eberron- then you're ok. but if they do, they will expect things...
religion is different, magic's availability is different, power level are different, cosmology is different, and more...
read about it before just choosing the setting.

Keld Denar
2009-05-28, 04:41 PM
1001 things the crew of the forgotten freedom are not allowed to do, and other tall tails! (http://www.angelfire.com/dragon3/captainjarlot/index.html)

Read it...but not in public. I will not be responsible for the strange looks you get when you burst out laughing.