PDA

View Full Version : Aww Did you have a bad day?

Eon
2009-05-28, 04:17 PM
So how was your worst day you can remember? It will make you feel better to share your day and all. Be appropiate, remember some little kids are on the forums (not like I am very old...) but still... no scarring young ones.:smallannoyed:

So start talking and start cheering up, besides you still several more bad days that may be worse coming up... ... ... thats not helping is it :smallamused:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-28, 04:25 PM
This does not sound like a particularly cheery thread.

Eon
2009-05-28, 04:26 PM
Talking can make people feel better

And hearing about other peoples bad days can make you think "wow... my day wasnt bad compared to his/hers"

Edit: added /hers sorry was typing fast and when reread after posting realized I better clear that sexism

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-28, 04:56 PM
http://www.fmylife.com/

THAC0
2009-05-28, 05:06 PM
http://www.fmylife.com/

Amen. :smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2009-05-28, 05:16 PM
http://mylifeisaverage.com/index.html > www.fmylife.com

The former will cheer you up even more, if you've had a bad day :smallwink:

Alleine
2009-05-28, 06:51 PM
Hehe, I could enter my entire life into MLIA. Seriously.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 06:57 PM
For me a bad day is listening to other people whine about their bad day.

Eon
2009-05-28, 08:30 PM
I do already know about FML but if you want something to stay in the playground...

Kjata
2009-05-28, 11:29 PM
Mine is probably the day I got arrested at 14, for a non-violent crime. There were a lot of things that went wrong with that day, the least of which were the criminal charges (dropped) and what my parents thought... hoo boy it went deeper.

Extra_Crispy
2009-05-29, 03:18 AM
A few of you probably know this one already, I have told this story a few times.

September 10th 1993. On my way to college, 18 years old, and right out of highschool. Looked down for something (I think cant remember for sure), missed a gentle left corner, tried to steer back onto the road and when I did the rear tires slipped in the dirt on the side of the road. The car fish tailed, went across the road and hit an electrical pole backwards. All 3 power lines fell off their holders but only one came all the way down. It broke and created a field of arching electricity, if I remember right that line held 140000+ volts. The electricity ignighted the fuel from my damaged gas tank causing the rear of my car to erupt in flames. I saw the flames, was not able to get out of the car on the driver side, tried to get out on the passenger side. I remember unlocking the door and reaching for it to open it then...nothing for 2 months. I was found, quickly, by a person driving the other direction and a school nurse face down, smoldering.

I spent 2 months in a drug induced coma undergoing severe burn treatment. Total burns was about 70-75% body surface with about 40-45% being 3rd degree (boarderline 4th). All the 3rd degree was from the electrical line. After 2 months in a burn unit, I was transfered to another hospital to start therapy, 1 month of inpatient therapy and I was able to walk for a short while, with a cane. I spent 6 more months undergoing outpatient therapy. I still have some minor limitations, mostly in my left arm and my right leg.

So ya so far that is my worst day ever, BUT I have completely come to terms with it. Stuff happens, it has made me who I am today. And I laugh about it and have fun, after all look at my name (extra crispy, as in Kentucky fried :smallwink:). Every September 10th I go out and celebrate, have a drink, talk with friends, and just enjoy life more.

KuReshtin
2009-05-29, 06:58 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a pretty bad day to me.
Good to hear you've bounced back from that, EC.