PDA

View Full Version : [SW:Saga] Kinetic Combat

Holocron Coder
2009-05-28, 09:28 PM
I'm loving the fluff of this, but I know the relevant stuff is kinda scattered amongst the books.

So, knowing that weapon-based feats and skills don't affect it (but, apparently, Force Powers do), what all should I be going for with this power?

I already know of the Improved Kinetic Combat force technique, but I don't know of anything else, or what powers will be useful for it.

Worira
2009-05-28, 09:46 PM
It's much better than that Stationary Combat.

Holocron Coder
2009-05-28, 10:01 PM
I'm not even sure that qualifies as a joke :smalltongue:

Anything useful?

Holocron Coder
2009-05-29, 11:58 AM
Any suggestions? This thread is sad and quiet :smallfrown:

NPCMook
2009-05-29, 12:09 PM
http://wizards.com/starwars/downloads/SW_JediAcademy_Preview1.pdf

I should be getting the full book later tonight, so I may have more information on Lightsaber Force Powers early tomorrow

This should be relevant to your inquiry, just remember you need to have a Swift action available to maintain after the initial use if it. Also with the Codru-Ji I can now build a Jedi who wields 7 Lightsabers :biggrin:

Starbuck_II
2009-05-29, 12:10 PM
Could you explain what kinetic combat is.

My brother has the book, but it would be nice to have an idea before I go salvaging for infol

NPCMook
2009-05-29, 12:12 PM
Kinetic combat allows you to wield a weapon with your mind, and also make attacks using Charisma instead of Str or Dex

EDIT: I also believe you are able to make Opportunity attacks with your weapons, so Combat Reflexes is a plus since that gives you 1+Dex mod number of Opportunity attacks.

Holocron Coder
2009-05-29, 12:58 PM
It allows you, like he said, to wield a weapon with the force, using charisma for hit/damage. Swift action to maintain, standard action to move 6 squares and attack. Unable to apply skills and weapon feats to it.

So, combat reflexes should work.

Additionally, there's a force technique to allow up to THREE lightsabers to be wielded this way at once, but it still takes a standard action to move and attack with one.