PDA

View Full Version : Back story help

blackspeeker
2009-05-28, 11:36 PM
Well I've been struggling with coming up with a compelling back story for my groups new dm since we're switching so that he can craft wonderful plot hooks to get my character to get up and do something, and every idea I come up with I quickly scrap because I realize it's incredibly similar to my last one only less compelling and watered down. I was hoping that maybe I could turn to the playground to get them to help me.

We're starting a new campaign at 4th level

Here is race: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104588

and class:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103250
with the force, time, and word spell seeds

all I really have to tell you about this guy that I like and want to keep is that he is good, which is a departure from my last characters because they were notorious villains/brigands/murderous psychos, if you will.

Ideas I've had for him: racist combatting the racism (so he would fight fire with fire) of the world around him, in the campaign we're doing the core races (humans, half-elves, elves, dwarves, etc) treat monstrous and less common races like dirt.

So playground, if you would kindly help me in anyway you can I would very much appreciate it. If yo actually write anything out it doesn't have to be long, it could be a list of ideas, bullet pointed outline, or a link tto a thread where the playground has helped someone like me without any writing skills come up with something compelling and interesting.

Once again thanks!

BigPapaSmurf
2009-05-29, 09:18 AM
Why couldnt you just type "he is a Satyr Sorcerer", pointless links are annoying.

I don't buy a pure-racist satyr....seems weird.

The PC spent his youth in a futile self-centered life pursuing elvish women, oblivious to the regional conflicts around him. One Elf in particular struck his fancy, but she was always obsessed with defending the realm from the Orcish raiders and their dark-shrouded leaders. Even her daily rejections were like bliss to him and when she was captured and uncerimoniosly executed in front of him he was crushed and filled with rage for the first time in his life. He found a lone Orc trying to pass through a grove undetected and the rage overwhelmed him, he attacked the Orc with a berzerker fury killing it with his bare hands(and a rock). He felt the first 'pleasure' since the killing of his love and his future was set, he would seek out those who would destroy the Fey creatures and bring them down.