PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for Background

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-29, 02:46 PM
I was wondering what could lead a pair of barbarian twin brothers from a small jungle tribe chosen to be champions of the gods of the sun and the moon to formally duel each other to the death.

I've got the rest of the background down except for this crucial part.

Devils_Advocate
2009-05-29, 02:50 PM
Their respective deities had a falling out, causing their followers to fight. It wasn't pretty.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-29, 02:53 PM
Doesn't fit in with the established canon, but it was one of the previously suggested options.

Other suggestions include... "over a girl". That's it.

Morty
2009-05-29, 02:59 PM
This one is almost as obvious as the one with the girl, but could they be fooled by a mutual enemy to belive that the other one needs to be killed? I don't know how it fits the background, but that's the first thing I can think of.

Duxus
2009-05-29, 03:04 PM
Does the tribe have specific traditions?
Like maybe one of them offended (like dissing him) the other one in such a way (maybe unintentionally), so they have to duel to settle the argument.

Ooor someone framed one of the brothers of a crime against the other one. Or actually he really commits the crime and gets caught.

Are they identical? Maybe they are not really twins? :smallsmile:

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-29, 04:07 PM
They are fraternal twins, but they are twins.

This is Exalted, so even their Exaltations are mated to each other.

However, I feel like it should be more epic than a simple misunderstanding. At the time, both of the brothers were targets of the Wyld Hunt, so they would not trust a mutual enemy.

I like the committing a crime idea, but it needs to be more specific (and the crime itself should have epic proportions).