PDA

View Full Version : Critique and where to go from here...[3.5]

SillyBee
2009-05-29, 05:54 PM
So I have an opening for a game.

Potentially...

In the beginning all was mist. Gray, formless. No sound, no definition. the Seas of Mist extended to forever. In time, El, the Light, the Creator, looked through the mist and his eyes saw Kor, our home. What he saw, did not like. So as a gardener shapes the soil, as a potter shapes the clay, so did Kor become as El saw it.

In days not numbered, Kor resembled what we know today. El looked upon it and sighed. In the longing of his sigh came guardians, divine. His intentions became their being. They began to move in the space between the mist and Kor, doing El's work in our home. Seeing this, El withdrew farther into the mists. Not so far that he could not see Kor, but far enough away for the Divine to work their own actions.

All the talking peoples of the world came into being. Men, Dankin, Boge, Tawr'n, Lisk, Fellin, and before they became perverted by the Mists, the Hulkin, Canin, and Dracin. The peoples of El and His servants continued on in war and in peace. The mist peoples, those of the Hulkin and Canin and Dracin chose to look out into the Mists and brought a piece of it with them.

Days passed. As mortals do, we warred. Those who don't see eye to eye choose to see blade to blade. The Fellin brought down the Dracin, millenia ago. Men with the help of the stalwart Dankin and Boge warred and forced the Hulkin out of the blessed areas. However, since then the Hulkin and Canin have united and warred upon Men, Dankin, Boge, Lisk and Fellin alike.

Less than a millennia ago, far to the north, those who worship more of the Divine arrived to set order to the warring. The Tawr'n came south to set right what they saw as wrong. The Fellin saw wrong in them and warred with the Tawr'n. The Tawr'n saw wickedness in the Fellin as the Fellin saw wickedness in them. The Divine chose the Tawr'n that day and now the Fellin walk Kor in so few a number as to be almost unseen.

Now, years later, the Tawr'n seek to bring order in their eyes to these lands of Kor, and rule to the north. The Dankin and Boge build to the east and Men rule to the West. As is their way the Lisk wander, and are sometimes forced into servitude for some past sin. Some see the Fellin. Only some. And it is always the brother of a cousin, nothing to be known as your own eyes saw it.

It is in these days that I tell this story.

It all began...with a ship.

So that is the opening that I will be reading to the players. I tend to purposefully do things as this in order to be more creative and make things more interesting for the players.

Now the question is where do I go from here?

For reference:

Playable races:
Men = Humans
Dankin = Dwarves
Boge = Gnomes
Lisk = Homebrewed Lizardfolk
Tawr'n = Homebrewed Minotaur-race
Fellin = Elves

The 'Mist' Races are primary monster races:
Hulkin = Orcs and Ogres
Canin = Gnolls and Bugbears (Separated from the orc races)
Dracin = Kobolds and Dragonkin(Dragons are not color coded)

Obviously El is an archetype for the Judeo-Christian God, the Divine are angels/gods of lesser power. Similar to Io and the pantheon of Faerun

The idea is to take the pc's through this world that I've created let them see different aspects of it.

At the moment I have starting out at 3rd level:

An elf bard
A gnome rogue
A Minotaur(think beefed up Orc) Fighter
A Minotaur Monk
A Human Cleric

So what am I asking for here?
Well so as to not be completely ambiguous, I'll put it like this. Let's say you are the DM and you have created this world. Let's say the particulars of this world are up to you, aside from what is already documented. Where would you take them? What would be the enjoyable and 'neat' aspects of your world?

If this isn't your cup of tea to comment on, thanks for reading anyway.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

SB