PDA

View Full Version : My memory's a bit fuzzy about something...

kyuubigan
2009-05-30, 11:34 PM
If I can recall properly, there was a feat or class feature that allowed you to make things out of fallen creatures, and then use them for certain benefits, and I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.

I remember that involved the Craft(taxidermy) skill, but that's pretty much it.

First to respond gets a cookie...

nightwyrm
2009-05-30, 11:35 PM
PHB2 trophy collector feat?

kyuubigan
2009-05-30, 11:36 PM
Cookie!

Thank you! Now I know where to look.

kyuubigan
2009-05-30, 11:38 PM
Eh, now that I look at it, I got excited over nothing...:smallfrown:

overduegalaxy
2009-05-30, 11:49 PM
There's also a PrC in Stormwrack: Leviathan Hunter.

It's not very good, either, IIRC.

RTGoodman
2009-05-30, 11:52 PM
Eh, now that I look at it, I got excited over nothing...:smallfrown:

Hah, yeah, I did the same thing a year or so ago. I was building a barbarian that liked to take teeth from defeated monsters, and I knew I'd seen a feat like that somewhere. I found it after searching through half my books, and then just sighed and closed the book. :smallsigh:

I'm sure there're probably some neat homebrew systems out there that do the concept better, though, or you could ask for one in the Request a Homebrew thread here.

Grynning
2009-05-31, 02:54 PM
You could also just flavor your magic items (amulet, wondrous items, rings, etc) as being made from the bits of fallen enemies. Most magic items don't have any specific requirements as to what they need to be made of, so as you level when you buy magic items you can just say you're having the trophies you've collected enchanted. It sorta takes away the do it yourself feature of it, but a DM who likes the idea might give you some other benefits for this, perhaps a bonus to intimidate checks or something.

nightwyrm
2009-05-31, 03:19 PM
Or you could just decide to be a taxidermist without any mechanical benefit. Once I had a druid who had a rank or two in texidermy just for flavour. He collected body parts of weird monsters. After we killed the BBEG, he taxidermized her too. Good times...