PDA

View Full Version : Help DMing SW SAGA edition

ninja_penguin
2009-05-31, 06:01 PM
So, our gaming group is going to be starting a KOTOR-time period based game of SW SAGA, and the DM talked to me the other day in that he was worried about making proper encounters and such for the group. I'm one of the co-DMs for other stuff we've done, but I've never actually DM'd SAGA, and I've generally been unhappy with my ability to balance things using the CR system. This is also this group member's first run at DM'ing stuff.

The DM is also worried about balancing out three Jedi in the party (one Saber user, one consular type, and one who is apparently a Noble/Jedi and is more of a social type), and then I know that there's an HK-47esque type and my character, who is a melee Mandalorian. We start at level 5, and I think we're winging it in terms of how much stuff we're supposed to have, so I have no idea how well it's going to go.

My general questions that I'd like to know to help make this group member's first time DM-ing go as smoothly as possible:

1. How much worry is there with Jedi at level 5? Our groups level of optimization is probably average or maybe a tick above average. We're playing a concept more then just trying to squeeze the biggest number out we can.

2. Any idea what the standard Wealth is supposed to be at level 5? Our group has sort of taboo'd the Noble wealth talent after I went and bought/bribed our way through the first set of adventures we did.

3. Any particular pitfalls or worries that people that have run SAGA would like to add?

Mando Knight
2009-05-31, 06:15 PM
1. How much worry is there with Jedi at level 5? Our groups level of optimization is probably average or maybe a tick above average. We're playing a concept more then just trying to squeeze the biggest number out we can.
Almost no worries with party balance, except that the Mandalorian may be a bit behind in melee combat compared to the Saber user. Take Melee Duelist and Elite Soldier ASAP. And learn to use a lightsaber or advanced melee weapons.

2. Any idea what the standard Wealth is supposed to be at level 5? Our group has sort of taboo'd the Noble wealth talent after I went and bought/bribed our way through the first set of adventures we did.
There's no official WBL table for SAGA, an oversight that will have to be corrected by the GM. :smallsigh:
Google will probably turn up something, though.

3. Any particular pitfalls or worries that people that have run SAGA would like to add?
...None that I can think of...

ninja_penguin
2009-05-31, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I"m the mandalorian. I am packing a vibroaxe already, and Elite soldier is going to be gotten into, and I'm going to be packing ridiculous amounts of DR as my concept. Also, the jetpack talents.

Mando Knight
2009-05-31, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I"m the mandalorian. I am packing a vibroaxe already, and Elite soldier is going to be gotten into, and I'm going to be packing ridiculous amounts of DR as my concept. Also, the jetpack talents.

Don't forget to grab Improved Armored Defense. It can pump your Reflex Defense high enough that you won't need the Jedi lightsaber deflect/block powers.

Jetpacks are fun, though. I tried to build a Jetpacker Mando, but the game he was in died. :smallsigh: