PDA

View Full Version : Gijsstrider's monsters, order your custom monster.

InaVegt
2006-04-13, 12:17 PM
Allright if you want a monster specifically made for you post here with a concept and target CR. I'll see if i can make it for you.

Tryranus_Magus
2006-04-13, 12:27 PM
I need a monster that is intelligent enough to roam a drow castle as a sort of watch dog. He is large, reptilian, with big spikes that come out of back, and has high AC, hp, and BAB. He probably has Scent, Tracking, and ambush tactics. Looking for a CR around 15.

InaVegt
2006-04-13, 12:52 PM
Grastakolick
Large magical beast
Hit Dice: 18d8
Initiative: +9
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 28 ( +5 dex, -1 size, +14 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +18 / +34
Attack: Spike shot +22 (3d8 + 7, 60 ft)
Full Attack: Spike shot +22 (3d8 + 7, 60 ft) three times
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spiky body, Spell like abilities
Special Qualities: DR 10/+3
Saves: Fort +25, Ref +18, Will + 8
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 20, Con 28, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Survival + 24
Feats: Track, Toughness, Imroved initiative, Strong will, lightning reflexes, Skill focus (survival)
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 15
Advancement: 19-22 HD (Large); 23-26 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

Spiky body: a Grastakolick is considered to wear spiked armor.

Spell like abilities: 3/day fireball, 1/day greater invisibilty CL 15

Soniku
2006-04-13, 01:31 PM
I need a monster (or group of weaker monsters) that is able to survive in a harsh desert area heavy with monster hunting cleric types (so no undead).

Not too sure about CR but will be going against about 20 level 1 soldiers (expendable), 5 level 5-10ish PCs (stupid) and have a special ability able to hold back a level 12 fighter (arrogent)

yeah, I'm no good with comeing up with desert dwelling creatures.

InaVegt
2006-04-13, 01:44 PM
This is easy, modifying a treant should suffice.

Cactica
Huge Plant
Hit Dice: 15d8+35 (66 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (-2 size, +13 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+28
Attack: Slam +18 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 slams +18 melee (2d6+9)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Animate trees, double damage against objects, trample 2d6+13
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/slashing, low-light vision, plant traits, vulnerability to fire
Saves: Fort +14, Ref +5, Will +10
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Diplomacy +3, Hide -9*, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (nature) +6, Listen +8, Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Survival +8 (+10 aboveground)
Feats: Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Improved trip, Improved bull rush, Improved initiative
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary or grove (4-7)
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 16 HD (Huge); 17-21 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: +5

Animate Cactus (Sp)
A Cactica can animate Cactus within 180 feet at will, controlling up to two Cactus at a time. It takes 1 full round for a normal Cactus to uproot itself. Thereafter it moves at a speed of 10 feet and fights as a Cactica in all respects. Animated Cactus lose their ability to move if the Cactica that animated them is incapacitated or moves out of range. The ability is otherwise similar to liveoak (caster level 12th). Animated Cactica have the same vulnerability to fire that a treant has.

Double Damage against Objects (Ex)
A Cactica or animated Cactus that makes a full attack against an object or structure deals double damage.

Trample (Ex)
Reflex DC 22 half. The save DC is Strength-based.

Skills: *Cacticas have a +16 racial bonus on Hide checks made in desert areas.

Soniku
2006-04-13, 01:49 PM
Thanks man, I hadn't concidered this because I never imagined there being cacti in Hitopia, but I think I can put this in very well >=D

LordOfNarf
2006-04-13, 04:39 PM
I need a creature called a Narf or a Narfling with low int, but massive power if it is in large groups (like how the shocker lizards gain power from eachother) a group of 5 should be aroung CR 10. something tiny or diminutive size please.

Tryranus_Magus
2006-04-14, 01:40 AM
Thanks man, that's pretty cool. I have a bunch of snoopy PCs who may wonder into the wrong area and find themselves face-to-face with the Grastakolick.

InaVegt
2006-04-14, 02:09 AM
I need a creature called a Narf or a Narfling with low int, but massive power if it is in large groups (like how the shocker lizards gain power from eachother) a group of 5 should be aroung CR 10. something tiny or diminutive size please.

I made a template for you

Creating A Narfling
"Narfling" is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to Outsider. It retains any subtype except for alignment subtypes (such as good) and subtypes that indicate kind. It does not gain the augmented subtype. It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Hit Dice
Drop any Hit Dice gained from class levels (to a minimum of 1) and raise remaining Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed
Winged Narflingss can’t use their wings to fly. If the base creature flew magically, so can the Narfling.

Armor Class
Natural armor bonus changes to a number based on the Narfling’s size:

Narfling Size Natural Armor Bonus
Tiny or smaller +0
Small +1
Medium or Large +2
Huge +3
Gargantuan +6
Colossal +10

Attacks
A Narfling retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature, except for attacks that can’t work without flesh. A creature with hands gains one claw attack per hand; the Narfling can strike with each of its claw attacks at its full attack bonus. A Narfling’s base attack bonus is equal to ½ its Hit Dice.

Damage
Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally. A claw attack deals damage depending on the Narfling’s size. (If the base creature already had claw attacks with its hands, use the Narfling claw damage only if it’s better.)

Narfling Size Claw Damage
Diminutive or Fine | 1
Tiny | 1d2
Small | 1d3
Medium | 1d4
Large | 1d6
Huge | 1d8
Gargantuan | 2d6
Colossal | 2d8

Special Attacks
A Narfling retains none of the base creature’s special attacks. and gains the following special attacks

Cooperation: A Narfling gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC for every other Narfling adjecent to it, if a narfling flanks a creature together with another Narfling it gains another +1 on attack rolls

True strike: 1/day, as the spell

Special Qualities
A Narfling loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks. A Narfling gains the following special qualities.

Immunity to Cold (Ex)
Narflings are not affected by cold.

Acid / electricity resistance
See table

Damage Reduction (Ex)
See table

HD | DR | Resitance
1-7 | 5/magic | 5
8-11 | 5/magic | 10
12+ | 10/magic | 15

Saves
Base save bonuses are Fort +1/3 HD, Ref +1/3 HD, and Will +½ HD + 2.

Abilities
A Narfling’s Dexterity increases by +2, it has no Constitution or Intelligence score, its Wisdom changes to 10, and its Charisma changes to 1.

Skills
A Narfling has no skills.

Feats
A Narfling loses all feats of the base creature and gains Improved Initiative and Combat reflexes.

Environment
Any, usually same as base creature.

Organization
Any.

Challenge Rating
Depends on Hit Dice. See table.
Hit Dice Challenge Rating
1 | 1
2-3 | 2
4-5 | 4
6-7 | 5
8-9 | 6
10-11 | 7
12-14 | 9
15-17 | 10
18-20 | 11

Treasure
None.

Alignment
Always neutral evil.

Advancement
As base creature (or — if the base creature advances by character class).

Level Adjustment
None.

Is this what you're looking for?

Ing
2006-04-14, 03:03 AM
hey you moving in on my turf?

only one thing we can do now

sing the songs from westside story and have a dance fight

Jarl
2006-04-14, 03:43 AM
I need headcrabs.
1st ed if you got 'em.
But anything will do.

-Feel free to do poison headcrabs if you wish, I just haven't come up with a way to include them yet.

InaVegt
2006-04-14, 04:08 AM
I need headcrabs.
1st ed if you got 'em.
But anything will do.

-Feel free to do poison headcrabs if you wish, I just haven't come up with a way to include them yet.

I can't do 1st edition (i started wtith 3.0) and if you would kindly remind me what a headcrab is i would be pleased.

Gyrfalcon
2006-04-14, 04:30 AM
If you played Half Life or Half Life 2, they're the things that try to crawl onto your head and eat your brain, then take over the body and use it as a zombie.

InaVegt
2006-04-14, 05:41 AM
I need headcrabs.
1st ed if you got 'em.
But anything will do.

Headcrab
Tiny Magical beast
Hit Dice: 3d8 (13 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Attach,Wisdom drain, Animate dead
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 5
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +10, Escape Artist +4,
Hide +11, Move Silently +8, Spot +3
Feats: Agile, Weapon Finesse, Improved evasion
Environment: Temperate hills
Challenge Rating: 2
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Attach (Ex)
If a headcrab hits with a bite attack, it uses its powerful jaws to latch onto the opponent’s body and automatically uses brain eater each round it remains attached. An attached headcrab loses its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class and has an AC of 12. An attached headcrab can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached headcrab through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the creature.

Brain eater
An attached headcrab deals 1d3 wisom damage every turn it is attached, a creature that is brought to 0 or less wisdom dies and is subject to the headcrab's animate dead.

Animate dead
If a creature is killed by brain eater it rises as a zombie ubder the control of the brain eater next turn.

Skills
Headcrabs have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks. They use their Dexterity modifier for Climb checks. A headcrab can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

ilovefire
2006-04-14, 08:05 AM
I need something along the lines of a sea-monster, CR 10-15, thereabouts. Preferably one that has several sonic-based attacks. Think a big pistol shrimp.

InaVegt
2006-04-14, 08:27 AM
Octopia
Gargantuan Animal (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 25d8 + 269 (381 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 26 (-4 size, +20 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+
Attack: Arms +42 melee (1d8 + 18)
Full Attack: Arms +42 melee (1d8 + 18) and bite +37 melee (3d8 + 18)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, trample 3d6 +24, petrifying gaze
Special Qualities: Ink cloud, jet, low-light vision, telepathy
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +14, Will +15
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 11, Con 27, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 3
Feats: Great fortitude, imroved bullrush, improved overrun, improved sunder, toughness X 3, Epic toghness X 2
Environment: Warm aquatic
Challenge Rating: 14
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium)

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, an octopia must hit an opponent of any size with its arms attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and automatically deals bite damage.

Ink Cloud (Ex)
An octopia can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 60 feet high by 60 feet wide by 60 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the octopia normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured.

Jet (Ex)
An octopia can jet backward once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 200 feet. It must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while jetting.

Sonic breath
every 2d4 rounds, 30 ft 6d6, Reflex DC 30

Telepathy 100 ft
With all creatures that have a language and all octopi

Skills
An octopia can change colors, giving it a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. An octopia also can squeeze and contort its body, giving it a +10 racial bonus on Escape Artist checks. An octopia has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

ilovefire
2006-04-14, 08:31 AM
Thanks: for my next campaign, boats will be... dangerous to be on for over-confident PCs. :P

InaVegt
2006-04-14, 02:45 PM
I will be gone till late monday, if you request now you will be served when i'm back.

Oh and Jackmann you can add these creatures to the list if you like

Renrik
2006-04-14, 04:03 PM
something for savage orcs of the north to use as mounts. I've been thinking just huge boars or maybe giant worgs, but i want to see if you have an idea.

felblood
2006-04-14, 04:24 PM
I guess I'll just have to que up while he's gone since I won't be back until late wednesday if not friday.

If you please, hook me up with something that can kill a 12th level monk (tactically smart, but annoying) and is immune to force effects, while being a fairly easy kill for a four member party of the same level.

We'll see who can do without who.

Incedentally, I love the repurposed stats. It's a great time saver, and I'm going to have to start using it.

LordOfNarf
2006-04-14, 11:21 PM
I made a template for you

Creating A Narfling
"Narfling" is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to Outsider. It retains any subtype except for alignment subtypes (such as good) and subtypes that indicate kind. It does not gain the augmented subtype. It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Hit Dice
Drop any Hit Dice gained from class levels (to a minimum of 1) and raise remaining Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed
Winged Narflingss can’t use their wings to fly. If the base creature flew magically, so can the Narfling.

Armor Class
Natural armor bonus changes to a number based on the Narfling’s size:

Narfling Size Natural Armor Bonus
Tiny or smaller +0
Small +1
Medium or Large +2
Huge +3
Gargantuan +6
Colossal +10

Attacks
A Narfling retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature, except for attacks that can’t work without flesh. A creature with hands gains one claw attack per hand; the Narfling can strike with each of its claw attacks at its full attack bonus. A Narfling’s base attack bonus is equal to ½ its Hit Dice.

Damage
Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally. A claw attack deals damage depending on the Narfling’s size. (If the base creature already had claw attacks with its hands, use the Narfling claw damage only if it’s better.)

Narfling Size Claw Damage
Diminutive or Fine | 1
Tiny | 1d2
Small | 1d3
Medium | 1d4
Large | 1d6
Huge | 1d8
Gargantuan | 2d6
Colossal | 2d8

Special Attacks
A Narfling retains none of the base creature’s special attacks. and gains the following special attacks

Cooperation: A Narfling gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC for every other Narfling adjecent to it, if a narfling flanks a creature together with another Narfling it gains another +1 on attack rolls

True strike: 1/day, as the spell

Special Qualities
A Narfling loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks. A Narfling gains the following special qualities.

Immunity to Cold (Ex)
Narflings are not affected by cold.

Acid / electricity resistance
See table

Damage Reduction (Ex)
See table

HD | DR | Resitance
1-7 | 5/magic | 5
8-11 | 5/magic | 10
12+ | 10/magic | 15

Saves
Base save bonuses are Fort +1/3 HD, Ref +1/3 HD, and Will +½ HD + 2.

Abilities
A Narfling’s Dexterity increases by +2, it has no Constitution or Intelligence score, its Wisdom changes to 10, and its Charisma changes to 1.

Skills
A Narfling has no skills.

Feats
A Narfling loses all feats of the base creature and gains Improved Initiative and Combat reflexes.

Environment
Any, usually same as base creature.

Organization
Any.

Challenge Rating
Depends on Hit Dice. See table.
Hit Dice Challenge Rating
1 | 1
2-3 | 2
4-5 | 4
6-7 | 5
8-9 | 6
10-11 | 7
12-14 | 9
15-17 | 10
18-20 | 11

Treasure
None.

Alignment
Always neutral evil.

Advancement
As base creature (or — if the base creature advances by character class).

Level Adjustment
None.

Is this what you're looking for?

Sweet, thanks! I love template, and since my players have all read every book back, foreth and through again, i think i'll hit them with this from way in left feild.

SpiderMew
2006-04-14, 11:35 PM
I need a Kobold thats differnt then the normal cr 1/4

I need one thats natrualy psionic with cr 1/2 with a la +0 favored class psion or wileder mabie a crystline kolbold or something along those lines

Necomancer
2006-04-14, 11:46 PM
Hmm, theres a kinda sadistic monster I always wanted to make that is basicly a giant snake made of the corpses of children. It was essentialy made to mess with the players mentaly what with the children's bodies crying anytime the monster is attacked.

Anyways I always pictured it as being a large undead with a powerful bite attack and the ability to grapple anyone who attempts melee combat with it and then drag them inside the thing. Unless the PC is a child (in wich case a will safe vs death is needed) it takes crushing damage from the creature trying to crush it from the inside. I suppose I should give it some poison and a tail slap attack too. I've had this creature on my mind for quite some time and if you statted it I'd realy appreciate it. Sadly I have no idea were to begin making custom monsters myself.

Oooh, perhaps when attacked all who can see the monster must make a will save or be shaken cause a giant snake made out of crying undead children can't possibly be not disturbing (though I'm sure there are some players who would argue this point). Maby just made a modified dragon and alter the aura of fear. Anything else you think might be neat feel free to add and thanks.

Falrin
2006-04-16, 08:50 AM
In need for a tiny monster to annoy my PC's.

To be correct ; a hand once belonging to an arcane trickster, wich got cut off as a punnishment for his crimes. The arcane trickster was killed and his body destroyed, but the hand has been locked away. Fueled by his hatred it came to life, but still caged for a few 100 years, growing slightly insane. The PC's will probably open it's vault.

I want this one to be a pain in the ass. Stealing, backstabbing, poisoning any good creature it encounters.

Suggested : Some magical abilities (invisibilty?) , some rings containing various poisons, some strangle ability, ....

CR should be around 6 - 7.

Thx for the help and great post , keep up the good work :)

Jack Mann
2006-04-16, 02:20 PM
Gijs, I'm going to need more description on some of these before I can put them in the compendium. For example, there's very little to give an idea of what a narfling looks like. I can't give even the basic description for the compendium with what you've got here.

You've got plenty of crunch in this thread, but you need at least a little fluff to go with it.

InaVegt
2006-04-17, 02:29 PM
something for savage orcs of the north to use as mounts. I've been thinking just huge boars or maybe giant worgs, but i want to see if you have an idea.

Riding worg
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 12d10+48 (114 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural - 1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+19
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +0, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +6, Survival +2*
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (6-11)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: 1/10 coins; 50% goods; 50% items
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: +1 (cohort)
A typical worg has gray or black fur, grows to 5 feet long and stands 3 feet tall at the shoulder. It weighs 300 pounds.

More intelligent than their smaller cousins, worgs speak their own language. Some can also speak Common and Goblin.

Combat
Mated pairs or packs work together to bring down large game, while lone worgs usually chase down creatures smaller than themselves. Both often use hit-and-run tactics to exhaust their quarry. A pack usually circles a larger opponent: Each wolf attacks in turn, biting and retreating, until the creature is exhausted, at which point the pack moves in for the kill. If they get impatient or heavily outnumber the opponent, worgs attempt to pin it.

Trip (Ex)
A worg that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+3 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the worg.

Skills
A worg has a +1 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks, and a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks. *A worg has a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

soylentplaid
2006-04-17, 02:37 PM
Ok, here's a request for either a monster or a specific race, depending on how you want to look at it.

It's a race of aberrations from another dimension/plane/whatever, that's really big into mass warfare. They're highly technological/civilized, so no pustulous swarms of gibbering madness. They swarm in, form battle lines, raze entire continents, entire planets. The stronger the opposition becomes, the stronger they seem to be able to hit back. They've wiped out empires because of this.

The thing that I can't figure out how to do is how to make this effect scale backwards as well. Their mode of thinking doesn't even register individual combat, so while they're individually able to fight back against small bands of attackers, they're usually very bad at it and seem barely even aware of it. But have the attackers form an armada, and they can wipe it out no problem.

How the race ends up looking is up in the air, as they need to be as alien as possible (ie. not humanoid).

InaVegt
2006-04-17, 03:47 PM
i'll try to do the rest of the requests tomorrow

Jarl
2006-04-17, 07:56 PM
Ok, here's a request for either a monster or a specific race, depending on how you want to look at it.

It's a race of aberrations from another dimension/plane/whatever, that's really big into mass warfare. They're highly technological/civilized, so no pustulous swarms of gibbering madness. They swarm in, form battle lines, raze entire continents, entire planets. The stronger the opposition becomes, the stronger they seem to be able to hit back. They've wiped out empires because of this.

The thing that I can't figure out how to do is how to make this effect scale backwards as well. Their mode of thinking doesn't even register individual combat, so while they're individually able to fight back against small bands of attackers, they're usually very bad at it and seem barely even aware of it. But have the attackers form an armada, and they can wipe it out no problem.

How the race ends up looking is up in the air, as they need to be as alien as possible (ie. not humanoid).
Sounds like nano-machines, but that createst the problem of 1-1 combat not making any sense. Perhaps swarms of insectoid creatures? Ants and termites are spectacularly technologically advanced.

-You know. Compared to other insects.

InaVegt
2006-04-18, 10:35 AM
I guess I'll just have to que up while he's gone since I won't be back until late wednesday if not friday.

If you please, hook me up with something that can kill a 12th level monk (tactically smart, but annoying) and is immune to force effects, while being a fairly easy kill for a four member party of the same level.

We'll see who can do without who.

Incedentally, I love the repurposed stats. It's a great time saver, and I'm going to have to start using it.

Demarcall
Medium Outsider (Native)
Hit Dice: 7d8+21 (52 hp)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (+2 Dex, +9 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+8
Attack: Claw +8 melee (1d4+1)
Full Attack: 2 claws +8 melee (1d4+1) and bite +3 melee (1d6)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Detect thoughts, spells
Special Qualities: Change shape, damage reduction 15/chaos, darkvision 60 ft., spell resistance 29, immunity to force effects
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +6
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff +17*, Concentration +13, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +17 (+19 acting)*, Intimidate +5, Listen +13, Move Silently +13, Perform (oratory) +13, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +11, Spot +11
Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Dodge
Environment: Warm marshes
Challenge Rating: 11
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +8

A closer look at a Demarcall reveals that the palms of its hands are where the backs of the hands would be on a human.

A Demarcall is about the same height and weight as a human.

Demarcalls speak Common, Infernal, and Undercommon.

Combat
In close combat, which a Demarcall disdains as ignoble, it employs its sharp claws and powerful bite. Whenever possible, it uses its other abilities to make such encounters unnecessary.

Detect Thoughts (Su)
A Demarcall can continuously use detect thoughts as the spell (caster level 18th; Will DC 15 negates). It can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Spells
A Demarcall casts spells as a 7th-level sorcerer.

Typical Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/7/5; save DC 13 + spell level)
0—detect magic, light, mage hand, message, read magic, resistance, touch of fatigue; 1st—charm person, mage armor, magic missile, shield, silent image; 2nd—bear’s endurance, invisibility, acid arrow; 3rd—haste, suggestion.

Change Shape (Su)
A Demarcall can assume any humanoid form, or revert to its own form, as a standard action. In humanoid form, a Demarcall loses its claw and bite attacks (although it often equips itself with weapons and armor instead). A Demarcall remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, but the Demarcall reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals its natural form.

Skills
A Demarcall has a +4 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks. *When using change shape, a Demarcall gains an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If reading an opponent’s mind, its circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks increases by a further +4.

I think this should do (damage reduction/chaos makes it a very difficult kill for monks) and it isn't to powerfull to completely kill a 12th level party

InaVegt
2006-04-18, 10:41 AM
I need a Kobold thats differnt then the normal cr 1/4

I need one thats natrualy psionic with cr 1/2 with a la +0 favored class psion or wileder mabie a crystline kolbold or something along those lines

Psibold (or a other name if you think that's better)

These stats are in addition (unless otherwise noted) to the normal kobolds racial stats

Bonus psionic feat: a Psibold gains a bonus psionic feat

Naturally psionic: a Psibold gains 1 bonus PP per character level

favored class(Psion): this replaces the standard kobolds sorcerer favored class

InaVegt
2006-04-18, 11:02 AM
Hmm, theres a kinda sadistic monster I always wanted to make that is basicly a giant snake made of the corpses of children. It was essentialy made to mess with the players mentaly what with the children's bodies crying anytime the monster is attacked.

Anyways I always pictured it as being a large undead with a powerful bite attack and the ability to grapple anyone who attempts melee combat with it and then drag them inside the thing. Unless the PC is a child (in wich case a will safe vs death is needed) it takes crushing damage from the creature trying to crush it from the inside. I suppose I should give it some poison and a tail slap attack too. I've had this creature on my mind for quite some time and if you statted it I'd realy appreciate it. Sadly I have no idea were to begin making custom monsters myself.

Oooh, perhaps when attacked all who can see the monster must make a will save or be shaken cause a giant snake made out of crying undead children can't possibly be not disturbing (though I'm sure there are some players who would argue this point). Maby just made a modified dragon and alter the aura of fear. Anything else you think might be neat feel free to add and thanks.

the dragon idea is what i think is the best

Flesh Dragon
Size/Type: Undead (Water)
Environment: Warm marshes
Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2-5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (1-2 and 2-5 offspring)
Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22
Treasure: Triple standard
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: Wyrmling 5-6 HD; very young 8-9 HD; young 11-12 HD; juvenile 14-15 HD; young adult 17-18 HD; adult 20-21 HD; mature adult 23-24 HD; old 26-27 HD; very old 29-30 HD; ancient 32-33 HD; wyrm 35-36 HD; great wyrm 38+ HD
Level Adjustment: Wyrmling +3; very young +3; young +3; juvenile +4; others —

Flesh Dragons by Age Age | Size | Hit Dice (hp) | Str | Dex | Int | Wis | Cha | Base Attack/
Grapple | Attack | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Breath Weapon (DC)| Frightful
Presence DC
Wyrmling | T | 4d12+4 (30) | 11 | 10 | 13 8 11 8 +4/-4 +6 +5 +4 +4 2d4 (13) —
Very young S 7d12+7 (52) 13 10 13 8 11 8 +7/+4 +9 +6 +5 +5 4d4 (14) —
Young M 10d12+20 (85) 15 10 15 10 11 10 +10/+12 +12 +9 +7 +7 6d4 (17) —
Juvenile M 13d12+26 (110) 17 10 15 10 11 10 +13/+16 +16 +10 +8 +8 8d4 (18) —
Young adult L 16d12+48 (152) 19 10 17 12 13 12 +16/+24 +19 +13 +10 +11 10d4 (21) 19
Adult L 19d12+76 (199) 23 10 19 12 13 12 +19/+29 +24 +15 +11 +12 12d4 (23) 20
Mature adult H 22d12+110 (253) 27 10 21 14 15 14 +22/+38 +28 +18 +13 +15 14d4 (26) 23
Old H 25d12+125 (287) 29 10 21 14 15 14 +25/+42 +32 +19 +14 +16 16d4 (27) 24
Very old H 28d12+168 (350) 31 10 23 16 17 16 +28/+46 +36 +22 +16 +19 18d4 (30) 27
Ancient H 31d12+186 (387) 33 10 23 16 17 16 +31/+50 +40 +23 +17 +20 20d4 (31) 28
Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459) 35 10 25 18 19 18 +34/+58 +42 +26 +19 +23 22d4 (34) 31
Great wyrm G 37d12+296 (536) 37 10 27 20 21 20 +37/+62 +46 +28 +20 +25 24d4 (36) 33
Flesh Dragon Abilities by Age Age Speed Initiative AC Special Abilities Caster
Level SR
Wyrmling 60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average), swim 60 ft. +0 15 (+2 size,+3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15 Immunity to acid,
water breathing — —
Very young 60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average), swim 60 ft. +0 17 (+1 size,+6 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17 — —
Young 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 19 (+9 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 19 — —
Juvenile 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 22 (+12 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 22 Darkness — —
Young adult 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 24 (-1 size,+15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24 DR 5/magic 1st 17
Adult 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 27 (-1 size,+18 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 27 Corrupt water 3rd 18
Mature adult 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 29 (-2 size,+21 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 29 DR 10/magic 5th 21
Old 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 32 (-2 size,+24 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 32 Plant growth 7th 22
Very old 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 35 (-2 size,+27 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 35 DR 15/magic 9th 23
Ancient 60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. +0 38 (-2 size,+30 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 38 Insect plague 11th 25
Wyrm 60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy), swim 60 ft. +0 39 (-4 size,+33 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 39 DR 20/magic 13th 26
Great wyrm 60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy), swim 60 ft. +0 42 (-4 size,+36 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 42 Charm reptiles 15th 28

Combat
Flesh Dragons prefer to ambush their targets, using their surroundings as cover. When fighting in heavily forested swamps and marshes, they try to stay in the water or on the ground; trees and leafy canopies limit their aerial maneuverability. When outmatched, a Flesh Dragon attempts to fly out of sight, so as not to leave tracks, and hide in a deep pond or bog.

Breath Weapon (Su)
A Flesh Dragon has one type of breath weapon, a line of vileness (vile damage).

Water Breathing (Ex)
A Flesh Dragon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.

Corrupt Water (Sp)
Once per day an adult or older Flesh Dragon can stagnate 10 cubic feet of water, making it become still, foul, and unable to support animal life. The ability spoils liquids containing water. Magic items (such as potions) and items in a creature’s possession must succeed on a Will save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s frightful presence) or become fouled. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell. Its range is equal to that of the dragon’s frightful presence.

Charm Reptiles (Sp)
A great wyrm Flesh Dragon can use this ability three times per day. It works as a mass charm spell that affects only reptilian animals. The dragon can communicate with any charmed reptiles as though casting a speak with animals spell. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.

Other Spell-Like Abilities
3/day—darkness (juvenile or older; radius 10 feet per age category), insect plague (ancient or older); 1/day—plant growth (old or older).

Skills
Hide, Move Silently, and Swim are considered class skills for Flesh Dragons.

True dragon traits: they've got true dragon traits except that the frightfull presence range is doubled

Swallow whole: a Flesh Dragon can swallow creatures up to their size. creatures they swallowed are subject to their breath attack if the Flesh Dragon uses it and two turns afterwards.

Child kill: if a flesh dragon swallows a child they are subject to the this death attack every turn, will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier), if the child dies it adds one year to the dragons age. children are one size category smaller than adults

no natural aging

If a Flesh dragon is destroyed an egg is left out of which a new Flesh dragon wyrmling hatches in 1d12 months, the egg is indestuctible

Tried to make the tables more readable but it was too much work, hope you can figure it out

InaVegt
2006-04-18, 11:04 AM
will probably do the rest tomorrow.

Necomancer
2006-04-18, 09:58 PM
Oooh, thats awsome! Thanks alot! I'll be sure to use them. Should be fun. Next town my PCs come acrost shall have no children and very depressed adults.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-04-19, 01:31 AM
i need a four-armed player race that's a mammal or reptile and has a LA of +0 or +1 (preferably +0) who has high dex but dumps when it comes to int and/or cha

Necomancer
2006-04-19, 02:59 AM
i need a four-armed player race that's a mammal or reptile and has a LA of +0 or +1 (preferably +0) who has high dex but dumps when it comes to int and/or cha

Impossible...Unless it has no legs or something. Well okay not impossible. Just impossible to make balanced.

InaVegt
2006-04-19, 08:11 AM
In need for a tiny monster to annoy my PC's.

To be correct ; a hand once belonging to an arcane trickster, wich got cut off as a punnishment for his crimes. The arcane trickster was killed and his body destroyed, but the hand has been locked away. Fueled by his hatred it came to life, but still caged for a few 100 years, growing slightly insane. The PC's will probably open it's vault.

I want this one to be a pain in the ass. Stealing, backstabbing, poisoning any good creature it encounters.

Suggested : Some magical abilities (invisibilty?) , some rings containing various poisons, some strangle ability, ....

CR should be around 6 - 7.

Thx for the help and great post , keep up the good work :)
Tricksters hand
Tiny Abberation
Hit Dice: 3d8 (2 hp)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d2-4)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d2-4) and bite -1 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +4d6, impromptu sneak attack 1/day, poison sneak
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, invisibility
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +6, Hide +16*, Jump +10,
Listen +3, Move Silently +8, Spot +3
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon FinesseB
Organization: Domesticated or solitary
Challenge Rating: 6
Advancement: —

Sneak Attack
This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name.

Imprompty sneak attack
This is exactly like the arcane trickster ability of the same name.

Invisibility
As a swift action a tricksters hand can turn invisible or visible, this works as greater invisibility. this ability is usable at will

Poison sneak
Whenever a tricksters hand sneak attacks he can forgo 3d6 sneak attack damage for the poison spell

InaVegt
2006-04-19, 08:41 AM

corebvaafnemil
Medium abberation
Hit Dice: 4d8+11 (29 hp)
Speed: 40 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft.
Armor Class (Base): 14 ( +2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack (Base): Claws +8 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +8 melee (1d6+5) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Level steal, strenght in enemy's numbers
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, no experience, hivemind
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 30, Wis 30, Cha 7
Skills: Climb +14, Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Toughness
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or company (3-5)
Challenge Rating: 6
Advancement: by wizard class
Alignment: lawfull evil

Level steal
If a corebvaafnemil hits with a melee touch attack the opponont must make a save (DC 16) or gain 1d3 negative levels. The corebvaafnemil gains the same amount of positive levels*, if the opponent doesn't make it's second save(s) the corebvaafnemil gains a number of wizard levels equal to the number of levels his opponent lost.

Strenght in enemy's numbers
A corebvaafnemil gains a +1 to attack/damage rolls and AC for every ten enemy's in an erea of 3 miles around him, if the enemy leaves this area he loses the bonus gotten by him, but if an enemy dies while in the 3 mile area he keeps the bonus for one day.

No experience
A corebvaafnemil doesn't gain experience

Hivemind
The corebvaafnemil have a single mind with which they are always in contact, this is an Extraordinary ability

*A creature gains the following bonuses for each positive level it has gained:

+1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
+1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
+5 hit points.
+1 effective level (whenever the creature’s level is used in a die roll or calculation, improve it by one for each positive level).
If the victim casts spells, she gains access to one spell as if she hadn't cast her highest-level, currently available spell. (if the creature gains spells she must choose the spell at the time at which she gains the positive level.) In addition, when she next prepares spells or regains spell slots, she gets one additional spell slot at her highest spell level.

silverdreamdancer
2006-04-19, 08:51 AM
May I just say you have far too much time on your hands and that you seem to have made some impressive monsters with that time...

Here's my request:
I am trying to work out an effective tool for a young ambitious and well travelled cleric in Eberron, she wishes to cause mass destruction and chaos by spreading the disease ghoul fever over a large area of farmland surrounding a major lake (Dark lake from Eberron, a nice big lake linked to the plane of Death)

I was thinking some form of mosquitoe swarm (something common and inoffensive that would not be noticed as anything unusual until it was too late) but more agressive capable of spreading the disease without accidentally infecting the cleric and her minions (making it undead would solve this as she has access to some amulets of invisibility to undead)

CR: approx 3 although a couple of levels in either dirrection would be acceptable.

Thanks

soylentplaid
2006-04-19, 09:04 AM
You're officially The Man. Thanks.

InaVegt
2006-04-19, 10:13 AM
Macho(wo)man
+4 dex, -2 str, -2 con
Small size
4 arms
base speed 10 ft
multiweapon fighting as a bonus feat

I'm not really sure how balanced this is though

Talanic
2006-04-19, 10:22 AM
I tried to make these guys earlier for kicks and don't think I did very well. If you'd like a crack at them, go ahead. Two monsters: Cryptspawn and Desolate.

Cryptspawn are a form of undead that are very difficult to create, but very powerful. They can only be raised when a mass murderer dies of starvation or dehydration, and the body is left undisturbed for centuries with the soul haunting the area a la Poltergeist. Then a necromancer of like mind binds the soul to the body once more, allowing it to go mobile again yet keeping immense amounts of power. In the storyline, there were only about eight of these things made, but they're still dreaded over three thousand years later...so a CR of 15+ would be appropriate. Heavy telekinetic abilities, including flight and maybe things along the lines of Blade Barrier.

Desolate are shock troopers, effectively. They are created by use of a spell that's normally used to meld two metal bars of the same shape into a single bar of the same shape, but larger. This time, the spell is applied to two zombies and one living person. The result is a partially-undead monstrosity, with enough living essence to be able to learn but not enough to be able to disobey its creator. It is between ogre and giant size, but otherwise is bipedal.

InaVegt
2006-04-19, 12:12 PM
May I just say you have far too much time on your hands and that you seem to have made some impressive monsters with that time...

Here's my request:
I am trying to work out an effective tool for a young ambitious and well travelled cleric in Eberron, she wishes to cause mass destruction and chaos by spreading the disease ghoul fever over a large area of farmland surrounding a major lake (Dark lake from Eberron, a nice big lake linked to the plane of Death)

I was thinking some form of mosquitoe swarm (something common and inoffensive that would not be noticed as anything unusual until it was too late) but more agressive capable of spreading the disease without accidentally infecting the cleric and her minions (making it undead would solve this as she has access to some amulets of invisibility to undead)

CR: approx 3 although a couple of levels in either dirrection would be acceptable.

Thanks
Diseased mosquito swarm
Diminutive Vermin (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 6d8-6 (21 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 30 ft. (poor)
Armor Class: 18 (+4 size, +4 Dex), touch 18, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/—
Attack: Swarm (1d6 + ghoul fever)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d6 + ghoul fever)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Distraction
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immune to weapon damage, swarm traits, vermin traits, disease immunity
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 19, Con 8, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: —
Organization: Solitary, cloud (2-7 swarms), or plague (11-20 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: None

silverdreamdancer
2006-04-19, 04:23 PM
Thanks very much for the swarm, my players will fear you and curse your name...

senior_stabby
2006-04-19, 05:15 PM
ok heres a challenge: i need a creature that can take a shot from the deathstar and defeat a cyborg minion of cthulu (one of my pc's had all this stuff)

jmaccabeus
2006-04-19, 08:31 PM
I'd like a giant trilobite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilobite). It would be a Medium or Large sized aquatic creature, with very good natural armor and poor Dexterity. It should also have a Spot bonus but a Listen penalty, a ramming attack, a weaker horn attack, and the ability to curl up into a ball (like a woodlouse) for an AC bonus, although only having slow movement and no attack while curled up. CR of maybe 5 or 6.

InaVegt
2006-04-20, 10:29 AM
ok heres a challenge: i need a creature that can take a shot from the deathstar and defeat a cyborg minion of cthulu (one of my pc's had all this stuff)
i don't have D20 starwars or cthulu

InaVegt
2006-04-20, 10:44 AM
Cryptspawn are a form of undead that are very difficult to create, but very powerful. They can only be raised when a mass murderer dies of starvation or dehydration, and the body is left undisturbed for centuries with the soul haunting the area a la Poltergeist. Then a necromancer of like mind binds the soul to the body once more, allowing it to go mobile again yet keeping immense amounts of power. In the storyline, there were only about eight of these things made, but they're still dreaded over three thousand years later...so a CR of 15+ would be appropriate. Heavy telekinetic abilities, including flight and maybe things along the lines of Blade Barrier.

Creating a Cryptspawn
This template can be applied to any ghost or ghost brute with over 10 HD

Armor Class
Since a cryptspawn is corporeal again it akways has it's natural armor bonus, a cryptspawn always adds his charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to AC

Attack
A cryptspawn retains all the attacks of the base ghost.

Special Attacks
A cryptspawn retains all the special attacks of the base creature.

Special Qualities
A cryptspawn has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Corporeability
A cryptspawn is always corporeal

Turning resistance + 12
This replaces the standard ghosts turning resistance

DR 15/good

Fire immunity

Abilities
Same as the base creature and its Charisma and strength scores increases by +4.

Environment
Any, often as base creature.

Organization
Solitary, gang (2-4), or mob (7-12).

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure
None.

Alignment
Any.

Level Adjustment
Same as the base creature +3.

swordmaster2000
2006-04-20, 10:02 PM
I need a mountain dwelling creature that could be the slave of an ogre mage relitively low int but high attack bonuses CR: 5

and a mount for them preferably CR: 2

thank you alot I really did not want to use bugbears with class levels again or trolls which are just annoying
I really hate trolls I don't know why though

BelkarsDagger
2006-04-23, 08:22 PM
Hi, I need/want a Huge sized monster that looks like a giant Praying Mantis, including color. I want it to be a jungle-dweller and a high-ish CR.

Renrik
2006-04-23, 09:41 PM
sweetness. riding worgs are nice.

how about a mount for the nezumis (ratlings, ratfolk, ratmen) of the southern jungles? I can think of nothing. I was thinking maybe medium-sized dire rats (i can make those myself), but i would again like to see if you have anything better for them to ride. They live in swamps.