PDA

View Full Version : Epic Level: A Comic About a D&D Game

Babale
2009-05-31, 06:45 PM
Welcome to Epic Level, a comic based on the Epic Level game, founded by me and DMed by Djinn_In_Tonic.

About the Comic:

This is my first comic, and will therefor start out low quality. But hopefully, it will improve with time. It is based on the campaign run by Djinn, as can be seen above.

Characters:
To be added when Djinn chooses them.

Enjoy!

Current Comic:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/babale/Comic2-1.png

Past Comics:

1. http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/babale/Comic1.png

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-31, 07:01 PM
I didn't lol, but I did laugh, looking forward to the next ones.

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:04 PM
Thanks!

Note that the plot may be slow until the game actually starts; this pre-game stuff is only gonna be funny to us in the game.

The Blackbird
2009-05-31, 07:05 PM
I didn't lol, but I did laugh, looking forward to the next ones.

So...you laughed on the inside?

I too look forward to new comics, but shouldn’t this be in the fan comics thread?Yay it's fixed

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:06 PM
Great Scott, you're right! I shall PM a moderator immediately!

(Hey, Tom was correct! This fancy and wordy verbiouse IS entertaining!!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-31, 07:10 PM
:smallbiggrin:

That said, better gear up for some serious artistic challenges. Also, if the campaign ever completes its run, you may need some full-page spreads towards the end. :smalltongue:

I do, however, detect a lack of a Fez...:smalltongue:

Salvonus
2009-05-31, 07:13 PM
Heh, it is kinda amusing for a veteran of that thread. :smallwink:

By the way, first panel... "Another", not "Antoher". :smallwink:

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:14 PM
Oh, just having me IN the comic is a serious artistic challenge. I'm a Master of Many Forms! In 1 session, I'll need a dragon, a horse, a lion, a tiger, a bear, and a manticore. Oh, and a Dire Hydra.:smalltongue:

That will be my new reference to munchkining: He pulled a Dire Hydra. Of course, if my plan for epic level bag of tricks pans out, it may happen literally.

:smallbiggrin:
I do, however, detect a lack of a Fez...:smalltongue:

What?! You noticed?! Darn...:smalltongue: Don't worry, you'll have one next art upgrade.

MethosH
2009-05-31, 07:29 PM
Another comic with masters of many forms! Sweet :smallbiggrin:

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:39 PM
Yay! I'm not the only one who loves MoMFs!

MethosH
2009-05-31, 07:43 PM
Love is not a word strong enough to express what I feel for MoMF's :smallbiggrin:

Have you seen The Prestige? :smalltongue:

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:46 PM
Yep. Read the whole thing after you posted.

Gourtox
2009-05-31, 07:57 PM
Yep. Read the whole thing after you posted.

I did the same thing. Very nice comic by the way, I can't wait to see more.

Babale
2009-05-31, 07:59 PM
Me or him?

ImmortalAer
2009-05-31, 08:12 PM
*demands cameo?*

Epic Comic! Well, the comic is good, but I mean that the subject is Epic. Not that it isn't great... I should just be quiet. :smallredface:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-31, 08:13 PM
I can already see a lot of artistic flaws in this but I'm going to reserve judgement until further pages are released.

Babale
2009-05-31, 08:13 PM
*demands cameo?*

Epic Comic! Well, the comic is good, but I mean that the subject is Epic. Not that it isn't great... I should just be quiet. :smallredface:

You can't have a Cameo. You're a character in the comic.

*Facepalm*

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-31, 08:24 PM
I can already see a lot of artistic flaws in this but I'm going to reserve judgement until further pages are released.

While it's your choice, you could provide some valuable help now rather than later by saying what flaws you've noticed, so they can be worked on. It would probably be more helpful than what you've posted, which has a decidedly negative feel to it, even if it was unintended.

Logalmier
2009-05-31, 08:27 PM
I've always wanted to do a comic about epic level characters. But now that you're doing one I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Babale
2009-05-31, 08:36 PM
I've always wanted to do a comic about epic level characters. But now that you're doing one I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Neither can I.:smallbiggrin: The plot isn't mine; it's our DM's. I guess you could say that this is based on a true story.

Jallorn
2009-05-31, 08:42 PM
So hey, I stopped in early on, back when Djinn was just about to GM, and decided that it was too much effort at the time, so can we have me poke my head in at some point and then dissapear? I think it'd be funny. Actually, we should have a few, basically the same looking people pop in and out at times, only I'd actually stand out... Yes, I want to get into the comic sooner :P

Seriously though, let me know if I can help with anything. I have moderate skills with paint (the program) and an e-mail address, so I can send you things to cut and paste if there's something you can't get quite right, say, a map.

Eldan
2009-05-31, 08:44 PM
Well, we really need a comic about a dozen people storming in as soon as the Djinn agrees to DM, all yelling their backstories and rule questions at the top of their lungs :smallbiggrin:

Also: Yay for nearly 4am and still not asleep!

Babale
2009-05-31, 08:46 PM
Well... OK. Maybe. But Niezck is the first character in the thread, since I want to make fun of his spamming.

He'll be standing in the background, babbling on and on and on, while me and Djinn talk.

Seriously though, let me know if I can help with anything. I have moderate skills with paint (the program) and an e-mail address, so I can send you things to cut and paste if there's something you can't get quite right, say, a map.

PAINT?! My boy, I use inkscape! (Mostly because that lets me draw each person once, but I digress.)

Jallorn
2009-05-31, 08:47 PM
Well... OK. Maybe. But Niezck is the first character in the thread, since I want to make fun of his spamming.

He'll be standing in the background, babbling on and on and on, while me and Djinn talk.

That'll be HILARIOUS!!! Why are lichs so funny in comics?

Babale
2009-05-31, 08:52 PM
Cause that's what Niezck was actually doing?

Jallorn
2009-05-31, 08:53 PM
Cause that's what Niezck was actually doing?

But I mean, Niezck and Xykon. Both are lichs, both are funny. I think lichs must have a massive racial bonus to teir funniness skill.

Eldan
2009-05-31, 08:55 PM
It's probably the plusses to the mental stats. Charisma+Intelligence=funny.

Jallorn
2009-05-31, 08:56 PM
It's probably the plusses to the mental stats. Charisma+Intelligence=funny.

True, very true.

Babale
2009-05-31, 08:56 PM
Well, I doubt Niezck is a lich in real life...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-31, 08:57 PM
Just remember that the babble doesn't necessarily have to relate to the game either. :smallbiggrin:

...we love you, Niezck.

Babale
2009-05-31, 09:00 PM
Just remember that the babble doesn't necessarily have to relate to the game either. :smallbiggrin:

...we love you, Niezck.

Oh, yes. I already have something in mind...

"Then I said, "Rectum? I darn near killed him"
"So, she said no, but I proposed again, and she hit me with her shoe!"
"Whatdoya call a donkey with no ears?"

Salvonus
2009-05-31, 09:02 PM
That does sound suspiciously like our resident spammer... :smallamused:

Babale
2009-05-31, 09:05 PM
I think this topic is cursed... Any subject relating to our epic d&d game spirals out of control in terms of size.

Salvonus
2009-05-31, 09:12 PM
Maybe. Wait until Niezck gets here. :smalltongue:

By the way, typo in the first panel - the right word is "another". :smalltongue:

Babale
2009-05-31, 09:15 PM
Yes, you've said so alread.:smallamused:

Don't worry, I'll fix it eventually...

when I have my own site.

Yep. Eventually.

Salvonus
2009-05-31, 09:18 PM
Sorry, I'm really out of it today. :smalltongue: I was writing a forum post earlier, and I just about said that I'd been "stale" rather than "tired" as of late. :smallconfused:

Babale
2009-05-31, 09:21 PM
AhHA! The master of White Text has fallen!

Jallorn
2009-05-31, 09:22 PM
Hmmm, stale... undeadish?

Also, you've been white-posted Salvonus. Good one Babale.

Curses, you ninja'd me as well.

Salvonus
2009-05-31, 09:22 PM
Actually, I saw it in the email notification. I just didn't comment on it. :smallwink:

qube
2009-06-01, 01:45 AM
I do, however, detect a lack of a Fez...:smalltongue:I was just about to say the same thing.

if you're writing a pre-game comic: my familiar idea was actually my 3rd/4th. (djinn disaproved of my other 2 idea's)
(1) a psion who came from the far planes.
(2) a homebrew drunken master
(3) a hollow one
(4) a familiar for Niezck (he posted he was looking for one, but couldn't find anything evil enough ...)
I had the familiar idea before I had conformation for the hollow one from Djinn, so suddenly having 2 idea's I combined them ...

Miraqariftsky
2009-06-01, 05:12 AM
Hmwahaha! Jolly good show, ol' chap Babale!

Oh, and hullo there, milady Salvonus, milord Djinn! Mehopes y'all be well and hale and do humbly inquire as to your wellbeing.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-01, 05:38 AM

Oh, and hullo there, milady Salvonus, milord Djinn! Mehopes y'all be well and hale and do humbly inquire as to your wellbeing.

I'm doing as well as can be expected, my dear sir. And it's wonderful to hear from you...I was, just yesterday, wondering where you had wandered off to, and was hoping I'd come across you soon. You've been missed. :smallbiggrin:

Niezck
2009-06-01, 07:24 AM
<_<

I do not make jokes about donkeys.

Eldan
2009-06-01, 08:48 AM
So, a lich and a donkey walk into a bar...

The lich is hurt because the bar deals bludgeoning damage.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-01, 09:11 AM
<_<

I do not make jokes about donkeys.

True. But in the interest of humor, I think you just might. :smallbiggrin:

Niezck
2009-06-01, 09:24 AM

I lol'd. A lot.

Babale
2009-06-01, 09:41 AM

Using that.

The Blackbird
2009-06-01, 10:15 AM

Actaully lich's DR is bludeoning and magic.

Killjoy away!!!:smalltongue:

Eldan
2009-06-01, 11:54 AM
A-ha! It's a magic bar!

Actually, a good way to find out if a weapon is magical when you're out of detect magics.

"Which of these ten clubs hurt you the most?"

Babale
2009-06-01, 06:33 PM

Hey! Thanks, but I think I'd enjoy your comment more if I knew who you were...

Jallorn
2009-06-01, 06:45 PM

Well, he's in a campaign with me that is GMed by ImmortalAer.

Gourtox
2009-06-01, 07:17 PM
Me or him?

You of course and although I've never heard of you, you're good.

I lol'ed too. That's pretty funny.

I'm not sure why,but Jallorn already said if you need any help I offer my skills. Even though I'm not in here at all. I like to offer help artists. I use inkscape and will soon be getting some more drawing programs.

Bago!!!
2009-06-01, 09:36 PM
Don't suppose there are spaces in this epic game....

But that first preview comic made me smile and laugh. I await the next one with great anticipation!

Babale
2009-06-01, 10:43 PM
Updated.:smallwink:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-01, 11:42 PM
Don't suppose there are spaces in this epic game....

Sadly, I'm looking at two groups of hard choices as it is. :smallbiggrin:

Also, Babale...that second to last panel needs a few more people...say...10+ :smallbiggrin:

Babale
2009-06-02, 12:33 AM
Yes, I know. Unfortunately, I don't have that many pre-made stick figures and I got lazy.:smallredface:

Bayar
2009-06-02, 02:22 AM
But I mean, Niezck and Xykon. Both are lichs, both are funny. I think lichs must have a massive racial bonus to teir funniness skill.

I'd blame their funny bone.

Niezck
2009-06-02, 07:11 AM
I'm a Wizard

<_< Sorcerors are for losers.

Jallorn
2009-06-02, 07:59 AM
I'm a Wizard

Yeah? Well this sorcerer can probably kick your but! maybe...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-02, 09:09 AM
One suggestion, if you don't mind editting the artwork (in the interest of helping you get your first comic off the ground)...

I think it might make the point far more meaningful if one of two things happened:

1. The group somehow breaks the nice, even framework of the comic, possibly spilling off the edges or bending the lines of the panels...maybe even breaking them.

2. The group tramples you (and possibly me), leaving a pile of green robes lying on the ground, one hand raised in the traditional "Ah!" manner of someone who has just realized the problem after the fact.

Not that it's not good as it is, of course. :smallbiggrin:

Niezck
2009-06-02, 10:25 AM
Also, if you are editing it, please, please, please (^(15x10^100)) change it to Wizard? Valgoth would probably un-kill himself if he ever said he was a Sorceror.

The Blackbird
2009-06-02, 10:42 AM
I'm a Wizard

One word: Xykon:smalltongue:

Miraqariftsky
2009-06-02, 01:54 PM
I'm doing as well as can be expected, my dear sir. And it's wonderful to hear from you...I was, just yesterday, wondering where you had wandered off to, and was hoping I'd come across you soon. You've been missed. :smallbiggrin:

To work, to illness, to ruin and to rage
To floods of filth and dark and fire
I fare not yet therefrom, O soulful sage
With my long absence, I beseech, stay thy ire
And gladdens my heart, that say ye so
Though I bleed and I burn
My memory still does flow
And my legacy still does churn

I am a wielder of the feathered sword
Of burning blood and thund'ring skies,
Walking weary ways am I their lord
As the floods rise, these be no lies

Comrades they were of old
And still be such, if I do say so bold
Your chief, he of the bottled wonders
And your lady, she of the searing script
And yon Jallorn, rival in the races of the stars
Verily, the truth they speak, no curse
To reach thee, I'd probably have to be shipped
For where ye be, methinks, strange be the stars

And if more ye seek to know of me
I am a scholar and a soldier true
A honourable man, or such I try to be
But to bed I must, this weariness I much do rue

Oh... and yes, concurred... frames breaking, characters overlapping, stampeding... yes, ye've got the comedy part pegged right darn well... now fer the drama...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-02, 02:05 PM
It's reasons like that why knowing Nexus-R.C._Mina is a good thing. The man is an outstanding poet, a brilliant storyteller and roleplayer, a wonderful conversationalist, and one of the best DMs that I have ever had the privilege of playing with, even if only for a short time. If he has a single flaw, it's that he's far to humble to admit that most of the things I have just heralded are true, or, if not true, probably understatements.

Well, he may have more flaws than that, actually...I think he's human. :smallbiggrin:

But I still stand by what I've said.

Jallorn
2009-06-02, 03:06 PM
It's reasons like that why knowing Nexus-R.C._Mina is a good thing. The man is an outstanding poet, a brilliant storyteller and roleplayer, a wonderful conversationalist, and one of the best DMs that I have ever had the privilege of playing with, even if only for a short time. If he has a single flaw, it's that he's far to humble to admit that most of the things I have just heralded are true, or, if not true, probably understatements.

Well, he may have more flaws than that, actually...I think he's human. :smallbiggrin:

But I still stand by what I've said.

You shoulda put that in white text :P

Babale
2009-06-02, 05:20 PM
Oh, these aren't everyone. They're just the ones who have a base land speed over 30.:smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-02, 06:07 PM
I can't stop thinking about how the mouths of the characters that are yelling aren't open.

Eldan
2009-06-02, 06:09 PM
It's an epic level game, they are all telepaths.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-02, 06:16 PM
It's an epic level game, they are all telepaths.

Seriously? That's stupid, if everyone's a telepath, then... something or...

*Obviously can't veil jealousy*

Gourtox
2009-06-07, 01:51 PM
Come on don't let thid thred die it's barely started! Baabale when's the next comic gonna get here.

Babale
2009-06-16, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to put this comic on (semi)permanent hold.

The actual game will take a while to start, and most of the characters will have a plot unrelated to mine. So, for a while at least, this comic is on hold.

I am making a new comic, one that has nothing to do with any games; an original comic. That will be my focus, at least until the Epic Game actually starts.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-16, 07:38 PM
The orc guy in the background looks cool.

Rowsen
2009-07-03, 08:46 AM
I'm a Wizard

They sure are.

Sorcerers on the other hand, are awesome happy fun times.