PDA

View Full Version : [4e Template] Far Warped

Gralamin
2009-05-31, 09:58 PM
In some places, the Far Realm touches Reality a bit to close, and sometimes strange animals are the result. Far Warped are such animals, coming from the strongest of the creatures, and changing reality around them with their mind.

"Far Warped" is a template that you can apply to any Magical Beast. It's ideal for creating a beast that uses simple tactics but interferes with the mind as well.

Prerequisite: Magical Beast, Level 11

Far Warped...........................Elite Brute
Magical Beast (Aberrant)......................XP Elite

Senses Darkvision
Defences +1 AC; +2 Fort; +3 Ref; +2 Will
Resist 5 + 1/2 level Psychic
Saving Throws +2
Action Point 1
Hit Points +10 per level + Constitution Score

Powers

Shifting Geometries aura 3 ♦ Teleport
Any Creature that starts its turn in the aura must make a saving throw. Failure indicates that it is teleported 4 squares to another location in the aura (1d8 - 1 = N, 2 = NE, 3= E, 4 = SE, 5= S, 6 = SW, 7 = W, 8 = NW). You cannot teleport out of the area of the aura. The Far Warped may also be teleported this way.

(Close) Mental Noise (minor; recharge 56) ♦ Psychic
Close burst 3; Level +2 vs Will; On a hit, Target takes a -4 to all defences until the end of the Far Warpede's next turn.

(Ranged) Telepathic Command (Standard; Encounter) ♦ Charm
Ranged 5; Level +2 vs Will; On a hit, target is dominated (Save ends)

---
A First real attempt at a template. Its goal is to be something a bit weirder.

alchemyprime
2009-05-31, 11:34 PM
Far TOuched?

Far Warped?

Everything looks good to me except make Shifting Geometries into 1d8: 1-N, 2-NE, 3-E, 4-SE, 5-S, 6-SW, 7-W, 8-NW. Get rid of the d4 thing. And make it so they can only be teleported to an edge, not out of the radius.

Gralamin
2009-06-01, 06:46 PM
Far TOuched?

Far Warped?

Everything looks good to me except make Shifting Geometries into 1d8: 1-N, 2-NE, 3-E, 4-SE, 5-S, 6-SW, 7-W, 8-NW. Get rid of the d4 thing. And make it so they can only be teleported to an edge, not out of the radius.

Hmm Good suggestion, And I suppose Far Warped might be better.

Shadow_Elf
2009-06-01, 09:48 PM
Looks good!

I like how you built the aura, good random mechanic.