PDA

View Full Version : Roy's decendants...some random musings

Fayd
2009-06-01, 12:11 AM
Assuming the Celia/Roy thing continues after Roy gets resurrected, I would be correct in assuming that his children would be half-elementals, and his grandchildren and subsequent generations would be Air Genasi, correct? I don't have complete knowledge of races and intermingling and all that (heck, I only have a token grasp of D&D rules in general, mostly from Neverwinter Nights 2, and from what I hear, that's not a good source anyway.)

If the afforementioned game from the parenthetical note is true to source, Air Genasi get a boost to INT, which could make for good wizard material, and their favored class is Fighter...meaning Roy's grandchild could bridge his family's gap and be both a wizard and a fighter (or Eldritch Knight, if that's the prc I'm thinking of.)

That said...I now wonder what Genasi would look like in Rich's style...

Optimystik
2009-06-01, 12:54 AM
That said...I now wonder what Genasi would look like in Rich's style...

What appears to be a fire genasi attempts to join Roy's party in OtOoPCs...

I think the "official line" on their stats is in Races of Eberron, but I'm not 100% on that. Need to dig up my friend's copy.

Ancalagon
2009-06-01, 04:21 AM
What appears to be a fire genasi attempts to join Roy's party in OtOoPCs...

I think the "official line" on their stats is in Races of Eberron, but I'm not 100% on that. Need to dig up my friend's copy.

The stats are also in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. Which are for air genasi:
* +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis (yeah, Celia!), -2 Cha. Air genasi are quick of hand and sharp of wit, but easily distracted and arrogant,
* Medium-size, base speed 30 ft,
* Darkvision up to 6o ft,
* Levitate (Sp): Once per day, as cast by 5th level sorcerer,
* Clericalfocus: Air genasi-cleric must chose a deity that can grant the Air domain (and the cleric must chose that as one of the domains),
* +1 racial bonus to saving throws against air spells and effects, increases by +1 for every five levels,
* breathless, air genasi do not breathe (immune to drowning, suffocation, attacks the require inhalation),
* outsider (native outsiders),
* Favoured class: Fighter
* Level adjusment: +1

Fayd
2009-06-01, 11:04 AM
so apart from the level adjustment, and the at least 1 level of fighter, the Eldritch knight would actually be a possibility...except that puts him 3 caster levels below character levels, right? That's not a good thing...