PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please stat the Dire Eagle for me?

Brock Samson
2009-06-01, 02:31 AM
If you could stat out the Dire Eagle for me I'd really appreciate it. Per a suggestion by Biffonious_Furiou I'm having him as my animal companion/familiar (I'm a Druid 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 3, Arcane Heirophant 12) with the feat Natural Bond, and am giving him Vow of Poverty. If someone would want to actually completely stat him out as he WILL be that'd be great, otherwise just the best stats would help and I'll level him.

arkol
2009-06-01, 02:47 AM
Arcane Hierophant 12?

Hat-Trick
2009-06-01, 02:51 AM
Must be epic.

Brock Samson
2009-06-01, 02:56 AM
Indeed. Now, can someone please find the stats for me? I know it's in Races of Stone p. 186, but I don't have the book.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-01, 02:57 AM
Ah, I think providing its exact stats would be a violation of the OGL, wouldn't it? That would be... Ill-eagle. :smalltongue:

Dixieboy
2009-06-01, 02:58 AM
If he knows the book and the page though... :smallconfused:

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-01, 02:59 AM
Isn't it also in the MM2? And isn't there an update to it's stats on the WotC mainsite?

Someone check, I'm busy.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-01, 03:09 AM
Epic level characters can take more than the maximum levels in a prestige class, though that should have Mystic Theurge 4 instead of 3.

A Dire Eagle is a large (tall) animal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#animalType) which normally has 5 HD, a land speed of 10 ft., fly speed 60 ft. average maneuverability, and gets +5 natural armor. Its primary attack is 2 talons which deal 1d8, secondary attack is a bite which deals 1d8. It has low-light vision, and its standard ability scores are Str 20, Dex 19, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6. Its class skills for racial hit dice are Spot and Listen, it gets a +8 racial bonus on Spot checks, and its typical feats are Alertness and Flyby Attack. They're generally found in temperate mountains, either solitary or in a pair.

If you have Natural Bond it should have 15 HD, which as a dire animal will give it a BAB of 11 and base saves of +9, though being your Familiar as well it will use your BAB or a particular base save if it's better. It will still have Alertness and Flyby Attack, its other feats should be Sacred Vow (6), Vow of Poverty (9), Improved Flight (RotW) (12), and Mage Slayer (CA) (15). It will have three bonus exalted feats, which should be Touch of Golden Ice, Sanctify Natural Attack, and probably Gift of Faith. Don't forget that while you'd be able to ride it, you shouldn't put a saddle on it because those are costly and may risk violating its VoP.