PDA

View Full Version : New Psi-Powers

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-14, 09:55 PM
So I don't devote an entire thread to just my one most recent creation here is where you can put your homebrew psionic powers (if there isn't already one and I've missed it).

-=-=-=-=-=-

Elfshot
Telepathy [Mind Affecting]
Level: Telepath 4, psychic warrior 4
Display: Mental
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature or object touched
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates partial; see text
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 7

Your touch causes a surge of disrupting mental impulses that run up to the brain and causes it to think it is damaged. The victim becomes paralyzed on one side, and his dexterity lowers to 2. He loses the ability to use half his available limbs, which means a winged creature is unable to fly, and a walking creature can only move at a quarter their speed (minumum of 5 feet) and is unable to run. They must make a DC 20 balance check to remain upright when they walk, and take a -10 penalty on an opposed trip check. The victim may only use half his available weapons, and if it possesses a bite attack the attack is treated as a secondary weapon even if it was once the primary. As well, a DC 15 concentration check is required for any spell with a somatic component.

If the victim makes the save he still takes 2 points of dexterity damage, and his land speed decreases by only 5 feet (to a minimum of 5 feet). A second use of this ability on one who has failed a save and not yet been healed paralyzes them.

Those affected by elfshot can be slowly cured with ability healing spells and powers such as Body Purification and Restoration. They may also be retaught to use their limbs. A successful DC 20 heal check every week heals 2 points of ability damage if two hours a day are spent on therapy with the victim. A successful DC 20 autohypnosis check may be made once per day that allows a victim to regain 1 point of ability damage, which stacks with the damage healed with therapy.

Once they have healed half the damage they are able to walk without assistance, their speed improving by half, and need not make a balance check. Only once all ability damage has been healed may an elfshot victim go at full speed and use the run action.

Augment: You can augment this power in one or more of the following ways.
1. If you spend 2 additional power points you may also cause the victim to lose the ability to speak.
2. If you spend 4 extra power points they must save against total paralyzation.
In addition, for every 2 additional power points you spend, this power's save DC increases by 1.

Special: This ability may also be manifested into a psionic weapon or projectile created by the use of the Bolt power. The power remains charged within them until they disipate or are used.

Jack Mann
2006-04-14, 10:05 PM
Why do you hate me?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-14, 10:06 PM
Why do you hate me?
Eh? This way when they link to your collection it'll all be on one page instead of scattered. Not trying to usurp ;)

Cyclone231
2006-04-14, 10:11 PM
Actually, I think it's because there appears to be no psi-powers group in his list. So he'll have to make a new one.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-14, 10:11 PM
Actually, I think it's because there appears to be no psi-powers group in his list. So he'll have to make a new one.
Tsk-tsk ;D

Jack Mann
2006-04-14, 10:12 PM

Exactly.

You're killin' me, Tribble! Killin' me!

*Is joking, if there was any doubt*

chaiyo
2006-04-14, 10:24 PM
If I got the Psionics v3 rules earlier, and got to this site later, I would be in Tribble's position, no matter how petty this is. *Hopeful that I didn't kill it*

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-14, 10:34 PM
If I got the Psionics v3 rules earlier, and got to this site later, I would be in Tribble's position, no matter how petty this is. *Hopeful that I didn't kill it*
Eh?

chaiyo
2006-04-14, 10:39 PM
I can be confusing. I might have been the butt-end of this joke is what I'm saying. I should shut up now.

CockroachTeaParty
2006-04-14, 10:52 PM
For 7 power points that power seems a might brocken. It's like a lesser version of decerebrate that messes up the target's mobility. Maybe if the affliction fades away eventually, instead of taking natural or magical healing to remove the damage.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-14, 11:31 PM
For 7 power points that power seems a might brocken. It's like a lesser version of decerebrate that messes up the target's mobility. Maybe if the affliction fades away eventually, instead of taking natural or magical healing to remove the damage.
Deceberate automatically reduces the creature to helpless and it dies in 1d4 days. This ability even allows for self healing with autohypnosis. Anyways, this is the same level as Death Urge, which makes a character commit suicide. That can be instant death, elfshot is merely loss of mobility.

Gyrfalcon
2006-04-15, 01:32 AM
My only question is the name... why Elfshot? I remember Elfsight, but that gives you low-light vision, which sort of makes sense. :)

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-15, 01:40 AM
My only question is the name... why Elfshot? I remember Elfsight, but that gives you low-light vision, which sort of makes sense. :)
Strokes and sudden paralyzation in medeival times were said to have been caused by arrows or sling pellets fired by irate elves in hiding. Just decided to play on that ;)

Gyrfalcon
2006-04-15, 01:45 AM
Ah... that makes sense, thanks. :)

Jack Mann
2006-04-16, 06:31 PM
There, I added it. Are you happy now, Mr. Productivity?

I still say I'm owed someone's first born for this.

Gyrfalcon
2006-04-16, 06:41 PM
*hands JackMann a tribble* I'm not sure if it's Vorpal Tribble's, but... *shrug* Here you go. *grins*

chaiyo
2006-04-16, 06:55 PM
I hope I will eventually be able to comprehend the balance of the Psionic powers to make one for myself. Something based on First Edition powers, retro-style.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-16, 11:46 PM
There, I added it. Are you happy now, Mr. Productivity?
Yup, and your efforts are appreciated 8)