PDA

View Full Version : SOS Brigade vs Runaways

darkblade
2009-06-01, 04:29 PM
I need to vent some fanboy energy so I'm going to create a Vs. thread for two unrelated series that I'm currently fanboying over equally.

SOS Brigade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_characters#SOS_Brigade_mem bers) vs Runaways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaways_(comics)#Characters) (current team: no Alex, Gert or Xavin)

The (evil) slider (a native of Los Angeles, Earth-616) who has been watching Haruhi the whole time finally decides it is time to reveal itself to the SOS Brigade, unfortunately it happens to pick a day when she is in a particularly bad mood. When the slider enters Haruhi's universe it accidentally "catches" some of its own reality on a closed space. This results in a pocket reality that is half 616 Los Angeles, half Haruhiverse Japanese city the main cast lives in (I think it is Tokyo but I can't recall anything in the light novels nor the anime saying if it was or wasn't) and with the atmospheric and metaphysical conditions of a Closed Space (meaning Itsuki has his esper powers and Haruhi can't rewrite the universe because it is in the process of being rewritten).

The Runaways notice their city has been displaced and there are giant glowing giants smashing it. So needless to say they spring into action.

Haruhi notices the weird happenings and orders the rest of the SOS Brigade to come help investigate. Concerned about Haruhi learning about her powers but equally wanting to get to the bottom of this mess they agree and begin investigating hoping to be able to convince her later that it was just a dream.

Eventually the two groups meet and Yuki points out that the Runaways are not from the same reality as they are and are likely the cause of the disturbance of the data. Haruhi comes to the irrational conclusion that they must be evil invaders from another reality and orders the Brigade to fight the Runaways. The Runaways in self defense start employing their powers against the SOS Brigade. Taking note that Haruhi has now seen others employ super powers all bets are off for Yuki and Itsuki.

So which reluctant teenage super group will mange to stand victorious against their new found rivals?

Rogue 7
2009-06-01, 04:41 PM
Well, in all fairness, this is the Runaways vs. Yuki. Mikuru's time travel powers don't work for combat, I think, and Itsuki's powers are limited to DBZ-esque antics in closed space and making Kyon uncomfortable with his sexuality. Saying that, it's very hard to beat someone who can rewrite reality. If Yuki can take the kind of abuse she took during her fight in season 1, I doubt the runaways can pull anything that'll beat her.

darkblade
2009-06-01, 04:50 PM
Well, in all fairness, this is the Runaways vs. Yuki. Mikuru's time travel powers don't work for combat, I think, and Itsuki's powers are limited to DBZ-esque antics in closed space and making Kyon uncomfortable with his sexuality. Saying that, it's very hard to beat someone who can rewrite reality. If Yuki can take the kind of abuse she took during her fight in season 1, I doubt the runaways can pull anything that'll beat her.

I see where you are coming from but considering that Marvel magic basically is similar "rewrite reality" powers that take require a full word or two to use which is about the same length of time as backwards sped up SQL commands Nico might, maybe be able to hold her own at least as long as Asakura did.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-01, 05:21 PM
The OP did state they were in Closed Space, so Itsuki's esper powers are fair game. So it's Itsuki and Yuki vs. the Runaways.

I know very little about the Runaways, though, so the best I could contribute is a joke answer.

Cubey
2009-06-01, 07:08 PM
Haruhi seeing super powers in action, especially coming from the SOS Brigade part of the matchup, is Haruhi who realized her own abilities.
Haruhi who realized her own abilities means end of the world.

So, dunno who wins but everyone loses. Not just the participants, *everyone*.

darkblade
2009-06-01, 07:16 PM
Haruhi seeing super powers in action, especially coming from the SOS Brigade part of the matchup, is Haruhi who realized her own abilities.
Haruhi who realized her own abilities means end of the world.

So, dunno who wins but everyone loses. Not just the participants, *everyone*.

It was stated in the opening that at the time of this fight Haruhi can't use her powers because she already is destroying two universes with Closed Space and the brigade hopes to pass this off as just a dream when it's over.

chiasaur11
2009-06-01, 07:21 PM
Well, depends partially on the lineup.

Who are the Runaways at the time of the incident in question anyway?

Original 6, original six with dinosaur, when Victor and Xavin were in...

Who we talking?

Prime32
2009-06-01, 07:26 PM

Who we talking?

That's in the OP.

darkblade
2009-06-01, 07:27 PM

Who we talking?

Current lineup Chase with Fistigons, X-ray glasses and Old Lace, Nico, Karolina, Victor, Molly and Klara.

Edit: Everyone seems to be missing the obvious joke with Haruhi and Mikuru explointing Mikuru's Most Common super power to distract half the Runaways. Which is probably the first thing Haruhi would try.