2006-05-01, 06:37 PM
PEACH
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 1
Componants: V,S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close
Target: 1 creature with whom you share a language
Duration: 1 round/level (up to five rounds)
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You cast this spell on a target who has seen you perform some action (including casting this spell). He is forced to give an honest, detailed critique of your performance. He can take no other actions. He is automatically freed from the effects of this spell if he is attacked.

...PEACH? *Grins insolently*

starwoof
2006-05-01, 06:40 PM
Bards cant cast 7th level spells last time I checked...

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-05-01, 06:41 PM
Bard Level 7 spell? ::)

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-05-01, 06:44 PM
Better make that Bard level 6 ;)

Anyways, yeah, been wondering if we shouldn't bring *PEACH over to OOTS here. Consider all my creations 'PEACHed'.

*PEACH = Please Examine And Critique Honestly

hyenahyena
2006-05-01, 06:50 PM
Hrm. Having discussed this with my consultants. Whom exist purely in my horrible brain, we've decided that yes. Everything about this spell is good.

We suggest removing the willsave, but adding a material component of 'one internet forum' which must be sacrificed to make the spell work.

We believe this to be a great addition to the lvl 7 bard spell list.

Jack Mann
2006-05-01, 06:53 PM
I made it unusable on purpose. It's a joke. If I were going to make it a usable spell, I'd probably make it level one.

And we already use PEACH here, VT. Hence the gag.

Ugly_Panda
2006-05-01, 07:45 PM
An epic level bard or sublime chord can use it. I think it would be pretty funny to do though.

"An ogre suddenly appears in your path."
"I cast PEACH."
"The orge says that your spellcasting is adequate, but too flashy to be useful in battle."

Hungerdog
2006-05-01, 07:56 PM
I apparently made my Will Save. I therefore withhold all comment. ;)

roadkiller
2006-05-01, 08:00 PM
Don't forget the [Compulsion](Mind Effecting) subtype. (At least in 3.0, I'm not up to date on 3.5 stuff) I've made my Will save! I needed a nat 20 and I got it!

Ing
2006-05-01, 08:10 PM
*under spell*
:P
the spell is adaquet and effective and your typing is phenominal....but a kind request is given to update the monster compendium.....

....brains..... :P

Jack Mann
2006-05-01, 08:11 PM
All right, I altered it into something usable. I also added spell subtype. Dig in.

EDIT: And I'll update the compendium when I'm good and ready.

Brickwall
2006-05-01, 08:52 PM
By commenting on how I am not commenting honestly, I would be making a comment on the ability to make a Will save, thus totally ruining my point. Therefore I'd be lying. Thus, I wouldn't be commenting honestly. Therefore, I made my Will save. But by saying that...

bosssmiley
2006-05-01, 10:52 PM
Oh no! Brickwall is trapped in a recursive loop of self-referential meta-criticism. :o There's only one solution:

Empowered Twinned Ground Zero Fireball!

hyenahyena
2006-05-02, 02:12 AM
i read brickwalls post and took a d4 of int damage. Ow my friggin brain, destroyed! It goes on forever!

JadedDM
2006-05-02, 02:14 AM
So that's what PEACH means. You kids nowadays and your far out slang. I guess that's what is cool currently.

Do kids still use that word? Cool?

Devils_Advocate
2006-05-07, 07:11 PM
Someone came up with the acronym over on the WOTC boards. The whole convention is at once

1. Like Crocker's Rules (http://www.sl4.org/crocker.html), except applied to a specific subject instead of all communication with a given person
2. An indirect insult to posters who get all whiney when given any sort of criticism

although I don't know that it was actually intended as the latter. It's just that it's sometimes impossible to be honest without revealing a negative impression of someone or something. Combined with the tendancy of people to take offense at negative opinions about them or their creations, that's why there's even a need for stuff like Crocker's Rules and PEACH.