Level: Bard 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal or Touch
Targets: You or creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

The creature touched takes on the magical property of Mirrorskin: all those that see it must make a spot check (DC 15+Caster level) in order to notice anything untoward about the creature; otherwise they shall see it as a totally unremarkable member of their own race (if they are the same type) or a friendly race of the creature’s type (if they are a different type to the subject)

If the Mirrorskinned creature attacks or acts in a suspicious manner then the creature gets another spot check, with the DC reduced by -2 for each uncharacteristic action (as determined by the DM) the subject has taken.

squishycube
2006-04-16, 05:05 PM
I like, nice flavour,

Critisism:
Charm Person (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmPerson.htm) gives a +5 bonus when you or your allies threaten the target, you might want to consider using the same value.

In a way, this spell does the same as Sanctuary (In some situations.), a level 1 cleric spell.

The other use of the spell is like Disguise Self, a level 1 spell as well.

I am a bit doubtful wether the combined effect warrants a level 2, especially since you can't use both at the same time.
I'd make it level 1.

Nitpick:
Spell descriptions that can be used on yourself as well as others usually say "Living creature touched" or "Creature toched" under "Target". (And that is target, not targets ;))

Scorpina
2006-04-16, 05:13 PM
Mirrorskin
Illusion [Glammer]
Level: Bard 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal or Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

The creature touched takes on the magical property of Mirrorskin: all those that see it must make a spot check (DC 15+Caster level) in order to notice anything untoward about the creature; otherwise they shall see it as a totally unremarkable member of their own race (if they are the same type) or a friendly race of the creature’s type (if they are a different type to the subject)

If the Mirrorskinned creature attacks or acts in a suspicious manner (as determined by the DM) then the creature gets another spot check with a +5 circumstance bonus due to the suspicious action.

Everyman
2006-04-16, 09:58 PM
I don't know how to incorporate it, but Illusion spells usually allow a save when interacted with. Of course, the idea behind this spell is that you don't actually change your appearance but your targets' perception.

Eh...I guess it could do without the interaction save. You might want to cap the caster level at 10th level, or otherwise it'll be impossible to notice someone with this spell at high levels. Besides, most low level spells cap caster level effects at 10th.

Anywho, nice spell. I could definately see the possiblities it presents.